2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 13:50:46 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the garden wasn't a suitable place for a battle now. the only thing left was either the main hall or the training ground. priam opts for the latter cause he knows someone will kill him if he does it on the former.

he finds himself against an opponent that was part of the number of people who craved for battles. a likable guy, top notch cape, and has this girl always following him around. that's how you know that the person was a big deal.

"round four!" he shouts, pointing at the guy. "when two trainers lock eyes, they have to battle! let's go!"

it was an archaic concept that is usually laughed at by today's standards, but priam doesn't care. he's already done it at least three other times today, and he's been on this battling streak since this morning.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 23:57:37 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
a fluttering red cape was hard to miss. as he walked through the training ground, with a kirlia following behind, he'd come to be pointed out by a shouting fellow. "the hell?" mateo commented, looking in disgust.

listening, what the man had spoken was pretty...intimate sounding. the man showed himself to be within gay spirits. mateo could tell from how he spoke within an excited manner. a hand brought to his hip, head craning, mateo responded, "that sounds like you're hitting on me." thinking about, he'd ask, "are you hitting on me?" looking to his kirlia and back toward the male, mateo would crack smile.

once the male were to respond. mateo would reply instantly, "okay!" he accepted, "i was actually looking for someone else, but you'll do just fine. it's time we started kirlia's training anyway, right?" he looked toward his psychic. "don't let me down!" turning back toward the male "what's your name and who're you calling out?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 3:32:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what? no!"

priam ponders on how mateo gets to that conclusion, but then it hits him. "i mean, i look handsome after all. it's okay, i understand if you're hoping that's what i meant." he rests his hands on his waists, grinning as he bows his head down, shaking it slowly.

he stops, wide eyes staring at mateo, and then returning to his usual happy self.

"you can call me conrad, and--!" he starts to check his remaining pokemon. almost all of them were already knocked out from previous encounters with other trainers. "this one! i'm using this one!"

he releases a shroomish.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 3:41:12 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
staring at that toothy grin of his. mateo, with a disgust, replied, "talk about delinquent mentality." he was going to be an annoying fellow. "alright, kirlia! go up and have some fun!" kirlia, jumping onto the field, greeted their opponent with a curtsy.

"kirlia, start us off with magical leaf!" manifesting leaves out of thin air. they would come to hurdled toward the shroomish as they jutted through the air and toward the shroomish. "don't disappoint me, conrad. you can call me, mateo!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 4:10:27 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"sure, mateo!"

of course he won't disappoint. that's the last thing he wants to do with anything he does, unless that's the objective.

"charge in there, shroomish. leech seed!"

the shroomish brought its tiny legs across the flurry of magical leaves, pointing its head at the kirlia as it did. it starts shooting seeds at its direction, roots sprouting out and attempting to tangle themselves at the target.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 4:15:35 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
she was locked in place by the vines that entangled her. mateo watched as she began to struggle to maneuver herself out of them. in doing so, though little, her energy began to be sapped from her. "kirlia, calm down!" as she struggled, she'd look back.

"let's try it again, magical leaf!" once more she'd call forth a flurry leaves. manifesting them out of thin air, she'd launch them forward and toward the shroomish.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 4:27:42 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the leech seed connects, giving the hurt to their opponent and the heal to the shroomish passively.

"spore!"

priam punches the air as he commands the little grass-type. he's not sure why his opponent keeps using grass-type moves, but he doesn't care as long as it brings him closer to victory.

the grass-type stops from charging, its feet skidding as it stopped itself from going further. a cloud of spores explode from the shroomish's vicinity, the move covering a huge radius around his pokemon.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 4:39:09 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
clearly this wasn't working. he thought putting her under duress would do something. but it was doing nothing. her combat experience was extremely weak, and the power she was pouring into her abilities lacked aggression. the leaves were too far spread and the edges were dull. though shroomish was a grass-type, it was invincible.

it was time to change strategy.

the shroomish a great burst of paralysis. as it hurdled toward kirlia, on instinct, she'd transport herself midair above their battle field. simultaneously, she'd utilize psychic to maintain herself within the air. just long enough for the spore to clear out. "oh, well, that's one way to dodge." at least she knew how to do that. she was now freed from the leech seeds grasp.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 5:27:40 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"ooh! neat."

he should get a pokemon that could use teleport. that move seemed useful and borderline cheating -- his kind of move. he should get his pokemon ready for what the kirlia can do besides that.

"growth!"

a grunt could be heard from the grass-type, concentrating until its size visibly grows. it wasn't that much, but half an inch or two was still noticeable for a small pokemon such as shroomish.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
fixer
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2019 5:37:44 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
watching as the shroomish grew. kirlia remained hovering within the air through the aid of psychic. hovering and staring at the shroomish. mateo watched, "we're gonna fight the good fight, dragon energy!" she'd look at mateo, back to shroomish.

she'd flew away.

shocked, their training session was a failure. she flew away without saying a word, where was she heading? mateo had no idea. "ah. . .hey!" he shouted as she flew away. he'd begin to chase after kirlia, thus forfeiting and losing their battle. "oi..!" standing between the doorway, he'd look toward conrad and shroomish. "we'll give you this win, sorry! maybe next time i'll give you a better fight!" mateo left the training grounds without so much as another word.