Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 8:27:22 GMT
noah faber Avatar

as a chronic collision-course walker, noah is careful not to bump into the pack too much. he's prone to leaning into his company's direction, the firm curve of his arms occasionally brushing against kyle's. it is by no deliberate intent. it's just the way he is. a nosepass that always points in the direction of his conversation.

noah is all smiles. the houndour snouts tickle him. the occasional deflection of a wet nose causes his frame to shiver.

"living alone isn't too bad." noah says, fingers desperate to scritch behind a houndour's ears. "it's nice to be away from it all when you can. like, if you're an elite four guy, for example."

as they approach the fence, noah heeds kyle's call. he presses close. the close proximity forces his adam's apple to bob in his throat, like a nervous buoy at sea. and this nervous boy keeps his gushing admiration and affection below the surface.

"guard dogs?" noah asks. "maybe you really do need me as... just a dogsitter. you've got plenty of bodyguards. cuter ones too."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 9:40:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it doesn't usually take him this soon for him to find himself comfortable with someone, although he does so for some reason. he immediately picks up on minuscule shifts on his speech pattern. kyle, however, isn't quite sure of the 'why' behind it.

"you sound disappointed," kyle tries to guess.

he rolls up his sleeve and flexes his bicep, mirroring noah's earlier action, huffing and then smiling at his direction. "i'm not as delicate as the other vip's you know." his muscles relax afterwards, kyle rolling the sleeves of his shirt back. "do you want me to hire you as a bodyguard as well?" he teases.

the talk is interrupted when they finally reach his home. his multiple arcanine and manectric stare at them intently as kyle leads them through the porch and to the house. as kyle takes a moment to take out his keys and find the right one, they start to hound the outsider.

the lycanroc were more curious, joining the houndours that already got themselves acquainted with noah on nearing and sniffing him directly, noses directly touching the skin.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 3:31:15 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah takes a solid look at the other's arm before swaying his head to the side. he smiles, closing his eyes as if to hide the fact that he was oggling him. it's clear though. in the slight waver of his voice.

"okay, okay, big guy." noah says. "but can you use those muscles like i can?"

as noah enters, he finds himself wading through waves of fur. noah laughs in flutters, the ticklish sensation of cold snouts causing him to jolt.

"aha-hahaha, h-hey! stop it!" noah doubles over, tipping back and forth like a swaying bowling pin. however, the fighter's temple is truthfully sturdy; instead, this is all a ruse.

he feigns tripping and desperately grabs on to kyle's sleeved arm for support.

noah glances away. once again he feigns his action, performing a scan of the canine crowd as his cheeks flare up as if under theater lights. "it must... be nice to be greeted like this every time you go home, yea?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 16:47:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he tenses when he feels the sudden weight on his arms. the signs noah gives off weren't unnoticed, but kyle gives him the benefit of the doubt for now. smiling at what seemed to be clumsiness, he gives a snort and goes back to unlocking the door.

"it's only nice until you want some alone time."

a sigh accompanies the turn of the knob. he lets noah in his household before barring the rest of his dogs outside, closing the door behind him before coming in as well. scratches and whines from the other side of the door could be heard, but they eventually disperse not too long afterwards.

kyle confronts him before they can go even further, leaving noah with his back against the door and kyle standing in between him and the rest of the living room. "a'ight. tell me. why me?" the words were strained, but his general tone remains unchanged from the lighter mood earlier.

out of the elite four, he finds himself to be the one with the least qualifications. curiosity gnaws him. he wants to know what people currently see in him that makes him special.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 22:18:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the conversion startles noah, even without the tonal shift of kyle's voice. as if they had been blown back by the halting of their entrance, his dark curls of hair resettle on his face.

despite the skepticism laden in this confrontation, noah's admiration holds. he leans back against the door as the whines dissipate behind him.

"well," noah says, "it's the attitude i guess. you're just so... chill?"

he itches the back of his neck, straining his elbow upward.

"relatable, even. not like i would know anything, but that's important, at least to me." noah hums. "i mean, you can't go wrong with a guy who likes dogs, yea?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 5:23:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was no reaction to noah's answer. kyle remains the same expression on his face, still not budging from his position. he continues to stare him down, raising a brow as he asks a follow up question.

"...and it's not about my skills, or my battle style, or anything like that?"

he supposed it surprised him that those weren't noah's criteria for finding someone to train him.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 7:27:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the list grows longer. and the bottom of the list grows closer.

close to his lips as they barrel forth, items of his affection begging to be freed. noah pouts. but his lips hold no delinquent's shape. instead, his countenance is one of respectful restraint.

"it's about those too. and other things." noah says. "everything- uh, i mean, i'm not that good with words, okay? you're just a perfect fit okay?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 8:16:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was honestly just messing with noah. he was expecting a certain reaction - panic, embarrassment, or anything similar. noah gives him what he wants, kind of, to which he finally breaks out to a mischievous smile.

"i'm sorry. i should've stopped you before you got all serious about it. i was just kidding." he takes a break to let out a chuckle or two. "you should've seen your face. it was cute."

a perfect fit. the words bring a genuine smile to his expression. despite his claims, kyle would argue that noah definitely manages to say the words that kyle wants to hear.

he finally distances himself from him, snickering as he walks towards the kitchen. he motions for his guest to follow him. "do you want a drink?" he goes to the fridge, taking a moment to pick one out. instinctively, he picks out orange juice when he guesses what noah would like. kyle pours himself a glass, ready to give noah one should he say yes.

"let's get back to order of things though. house tour, meet-and-greet with the dogs, scheduling trainings, and then i can let you go home, i guess," a finger is stuck out of a fisted hand every time he added something to the list. "sounds good?

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:35:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar

his cheeks tingle with pink. with a simper, noah rubs his scalp, as if he were polishing the bald head of a bodhisattva. yet, his pursuit is not one of enlightenment.

his pursuit travels a different path. one that leads into the elite four's kitchen.

"oh yeah. i'm so thirsty, you don't even know." noah receives the glass, the citrus cool and inviting. he takes a hearty gulp and sets his half-emptied glass on a counter. "haaa--h. that hits the spot. i love o-j."

noah listens as his schedule is filled. it's more intense than he thinks, and for a noah, who often rides the tide of some flexible wave, he begins to wonder whether he's bitten more off than he could chew.

"oh yeah, i'm so down, man." noah smiles wide, the slightest tint of orange on his whites. "uh, but... you're sure about this too, right? like, i just marched right into your life."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 9:16:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle turns to him, smirking. "let's be honest. if anyone's going to regret this arrangement, it's gonna be you. you bet i'm gonna take the chance before you change your mind."

free labor for training was a bargain. it's been getting difficult to find someone who's willing to walk all of his dogs too lately, and noah offering was just perfect for him.

besides, the feeling was nostalgic. basically being roped to a commitment that he wasn't ready for was reminiscent of his days at johto, more specifically, blackthorn. he smiles faintly at the thought, being on the opposite side of the deal this time.

"you're not backing away from this though, are you?"

kyle is afraid of the answer. before noah can even respond, he adds another line to his statement. he hopes it's enough to keep it from going out of his favor.

"alright, since i really need a dog walker slash house sitter, how about i give you a chance to ask me one request?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 5:24:33 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah did not back down from anything. in his mental ring of stratagems, enclosed by caged wall or rope, he lacks white flags. only has white towels untossed. but noah understands he is in kyle's court— and in his masked game of courtship, the young fighter worries he's trespassing boundary lines.

"uhhh, well," noah's eyes focus and blur on his orange juice briefly, "the only request is... um, maybe some free food... sometimes! like, i know how to cook. kind of."

suddenly, he's self-conscious. a bead of sweat crystalizes on his temple.

"my best friend in the kitchen is 'mike' if you know what i mean."

noah chugs the rest of his drink down. he wipes his lips. "but, i'm locked in! how could i back down from helping the kyle lopez?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:06:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
food. kyle would've let out a chuckle or two if he didn't resonate with that answer so much.

"is that all you want? i mean, sure, i'll take it!"

kyle looks at him like how he'd look at his dog children. there was an uncanny semblance in his behavior that reminds kyle of bravo. innocent, earnest, and simple. doesn't help that bravo's role is basically to be a bodyguard and he fights in close quarters during battles. he supposed that's how he felt comfortable around him from the get-go.

subconsciously, he places his hand on top of his head and starts to pat it gently like what he'd do to mightyena!bravo.

"you want me to treat you to dinner?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:48:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah salivates. dinner sounds good, but a pat on the head is even better. his pavlovian response to affection from the object of his affections is enough to stir his stomach wild, but he hides his butterfrees with a chuckle and rub of his own belly. never in a million years. never in a million years did he think he was going to be able to get this far.

"sure! what's on the menu, coach?"

noah asks. his head fits comfortably underneath kyle's palm, even as his hair shifts.

"hot pockets? spaghetti? like that one movie with the growlithe and eevee- you know! the lady and the tramp?"  his brain's on dogs.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 16:11:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he thinks of opening his fridge to look for choices, but he remembers that there's nothing in it for a growing boy besides maybe milk and oj.

the suggestion comes in clutch. kyle brightens up when the idea was relayed. the petting immediately turns to a good hair ruffling, ecstatic about the thought of spaghetti of all things.

"ooh! there's a good pasta place that just opened in this town. i never found an excuse to try it until now. i think they even do delivery."

he takes off his hand from his head and takes his phone out, opening a food delivery app. the place he recalled earlier quickly shows up from a quick search. it takes him no time to place his order and then confirm their order.

"i guess this means you're not gonna be able to leave until later. where do you stay anyways?" he's gonna feel bad if he has to let bravo hike all the way to the next town or something late at night if he does stay outside of verdanturf.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 5:36:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"man, i've been trying to keep the carbs out, but there's no way to say no to pasta, yea?"

noah's stomach growls. in frustration, noah punches his taut gut, silencing the howls within. his hair remains disheveled in silly loops and shifted fins. he makes no motion to fix it; instead, he protects the messy look to preserve the tangible vestiges of kyle's touch.

"i have a small apartment in rustboro. nothing special! just saying, i'm basically a tourist- but, i plan on sticking around."

noah overexplains himself, the comparison between himself and the other extending to residences.

"i mean, i gotta since i'm helping you out, yea? got a good reason now." he laughs. "anyway, if it gets late, i can just sleep with the dogs."