verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 18:47:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
crouched on the ground, his hands hold his riolu's, guiding it to take the movements he wants it to take not unlike a marionette. while the riolu seems to snap back at the trainer's attempts, it doesn't seem to fight back against kyle's antics.

the verdanturf park was one of the places that did not seem ravaged by the previous attack. then again, it's been months since that happened and almost every public facility has been repaired to its former glory. the wide open space is now enjoyed by many, and among them was the member of the elite four, kyle lopez.

whilst playing with his pokemon, he eventually gets stricken up with a conversation. he forgot how everything led up to this part of their exchange, but kyle is visibly amused by what he was getting from him. all he knows was that he was stifling a laugh while he tries to hold an expression that doesn't seem as offending as possible.

"...machampion? the fuck's a machampion?"

he fails at his attempt.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 9:43:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"um, me. your next MA-champion!" noah says as a matter-of-factly.

carried in his machamp's folded arms, noah nestles comfortably into the conversation. at least, he hopes he seems that way. out of all the elite four, he admires kyle the most. such admiration forces adrenaline through the veins like pulsing channels of lightning. his chest hurts.

noah performs confidence. his legs dangle loosely from his machamp's arms. feet flutter playfully in the mini circles made by his sneakers.

"so you're on the hit-list, kyle lopez." he laughs, half-serious. half in jest. "but you probably get this all the time. people coming up to you, barking challenges and stuff."

noah waves at the riolu. a gentle gesture before a genuine query spoken soft.

"does it ever get tiring? being on a pedestal."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2019 15:12:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"heh, barking," he scoffs, lips curving upwards on the smile for a smirk to be accompanied with a raise of a brow. "is that a dog pun? i hate you if it is."

kyle blinks at his inquiry. it's a question he was always ready to answer, if only because it's one that he has asked himself multiple times. he has conflicting opinions on the matter, though he has learned to simply live with it instead of worrying about it.

"i'm not really fond of the attention, but i mean, someone has to be there."

the gatekeeper for the champion seat. sometimes, he wonders if he should have held down on the feats he has earned so as to not get the attention to be scouted for the position. it gave him opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise exploited, however, so he's thankful for that.

"it's easier than being a gym leader at least. i can always use the excuse of challengers needing badges to deny challenges."

he squints at him, ignoring his riolu for a moment. "have you earned any of the badges yet?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 6:05:43 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah is an unintentional poet. no literary device possesses purpose or deliberate deployment; instead, he steals genius from the misplaced praise of kyle's acknowledgement. he hopes he doesn't hate him for it.

"yup, and i've got more up my sleeve." noah says. "i mean, i would if i had sleeves."

at kyle's prodding, noah shifts his gaze upward and away as if searching for his badges... or imagining his empty badge case overturned.

"sooo... that's the thing, i guess." noah fights his embarrassment, but his cheeks are roses. "no, i don't. but. you know. it's a work in progress. like... you and me."

within machamp's sturdy arms, noah stammers. "'cause! we're getting to know each other and you're gonna see my face around a lot more cause-" he sighs. holding the back of his neck, he peers at the elite four member coyly. "well... to be honest, you guys intimidate me."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 18:13:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"l-l-like you and me?"

he repeats the words, perhaps to subtly suggest clarification, stammering as he does. the way he worded his statement gets him awkward and suddenly conscious, freezing on his spot and uncertain how to handle it.

thankfully, he follows it up with another statement that pivots to another topic.

he scratches his chin at the aftermath, and then starts to muse for a response. "i understand for the other three," he nods sagely in agreement. both amavi and mateo had achieved great things despite their youth and bailey was just... she intimidates him too sometimes.

standing up from his crouched position, he folds his arms as he thinks. "i don't think i'm intimidating though." he compares himself with the other three on his head, trying to find anything about his personality that takes other aback and then fails. he rests his hands on his waist as he finishes.

"heh, i'm not scary at all." a satisfied smile comes to his expression. "am i intimidating too?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 4:56:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar

with the flat of his fist, noah beats the sturdy drum of his chest. his triumphant hammer pulls away, and for a moment, it lingers between them. restlessness within a second's space. the form stays and desires another to bump it in greeting, but noah lets the gavel drop limp before the slightest sense of awkward ruins the gesture.

"yep! i'm just gonna brute force my way into getting to know you." noah says, his fingers tensing. "uh... it's like, the only way i know how to do that."

the heralded images of the other elites are conjured before him in ethereal shapes. noah's imagination fails. like wind against window, they are invisible and hard to grasp. admiration is thrown and passes through.

but here, before kyle, noah's affection strikes the forge with iron and fire. parched, he swallows. distance makes the heart grow fonder should it be close.

"oh yeah! you are." noah says. in certain ways, he is. "but i treat it like a good thing. it makes you look cool- and makes me sweat."

he wipes his forehead.

"so! i'm here to ask you. can ya train me? make me a scary trainer. i'll walk your dogs!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 17:54:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the way he words his admiration towards him makes kyle sweat as well. he tenses under pressure, unsure whether to meet his well-meaning praises by downplaying his abilities or not, and barely mutters the words he defaults into when he gets uneasy with the attention.

"y-you're not just patronizing me, right?"

he grows hot with anxiety, cheeks flushing as he hears himself being held at high regard. he often dismisses these kinds of things as being patronizing, though he is inclined to believe that noah was just being blunt as he was during their previous conversation.

a hand goes to the other's shoulder, with the other one clasped and covering his mouth. he turns his head to the side and collects his thoughts, hoping that the gesture gets noah to pause and let kyle recover from the sudden flow of events for a moment.

part of him is reluctant to accept since he doesn't want any more responsibilities. nevertheless, he seemed too genuine, the kind of person that makes investing into them worth the effort. it was a quality of a person that attracts kyle, mostly because it reminds him of his dogs.

he does, however, manage to get kyle to change his mind at the end of his statement. his voice softens, relief evident by the tone he takes, when the deal breaker is laid on the table.

"wait, you'd really do that? i'll gladly try if you would."

he has attempted training @bryony for battles before, though he wasn't sure if it helped in the end. this wouldn't be the first time he'd be doing this, although he hopes he'd get better at it this time around.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 3:10:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar

just the sight of kyle's flush causes whiplash of the best kind. and then he grasps his shoulder, as if the elite four needed a pillar to brace against, but he doesn't realize noah's a tree. that touch alone is enough to spread the fire burning on kyle's cheeks to him. it travels down and ignites further, the flush of admiration tingling on his face. the fire bites. it bites.

"yep! i can like, uh, walk ten dogs at a time. bundle the leash up. wrap it around this baby right here." noah says, lifting the hardened hand to kiss his own knuckles.

a thought comes to mind, and he's uncertain whether to ask. yet, noah likes playing with fire. he's no scaredy cat.

"so, uh, you don't need to let me know where you live, but i can book a hotel or something nearby so it's convenient!" noah hops off his machamp, his silhouette the second matryoshka doll. "and it could be just a few days. don't wanna get in your hair. you're busy and all, so."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 10:18:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his question sparks another idea into kyle's head. he did not think much about it, but he blurts the idea out to noah nonetheless, index fingers excitedly pointing towards him.

"you can stay at my house instead if you want."

the lopez house wasn't anything fancy, but it's a good suburban home, perhaps even too big for a family with just a single child. destroyed during the invasion, kyle has poured resources into repairing it. he barely sleeps in the place though, so he sometimes think of it has recently become a glorified dog house.

he had only wanted to put it in good use and only when he repeated his proposition in his head did he recognize where he did wrong. "wait, that sounded creepy." he pauses as he tries to reword it in a way that it isn't, but gives up, scratching his head. "well, the offer's still open."

kyle wonders if he should've prefaced it better. he tries, but forgets about the fact that he tends ramble when he talks about his dogs.

"i usually stay at slateport in case you don't want this option. the dogs live here though, besides the six i bring for that day. they like the yard and the open space, and they like having a territory they can claim as their own and be overprotective to. i visit everyday since the current house sitter's starting to get spooked by them..." he trails off before adding, "you'll love them!"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 1:55:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"y-your house?!"

noah's heart hastens its pace, enough so that his machamp can detect it. his beak-like mouth parts in surprise and settles him down as noah leaps from all four arms. and by the arms, the fighter apprehends kyle.

"okay, you don't need to give me a guest room or anything. even a dog house would do, man!!"

noah almost shakes the elite four, his grasp firm enough to feel the shape of the other's arms before pulling away in a crimson dysfluency.

"ah... i gotta! i gotta pack up- and maybe!"

noah covers his mouth partially with his hand, fingers spread to cover his cheeks slightly: half in thought, half to conceal his crush.

"i could be your house sitter instead. you know, i'm a bodyguard for hire. that extends to pokemon too."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 16:48:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he flinches towards his action, honestly not anticipating it. physical contact he does not initiate gets him nervous, leaving him unable to say anything until he is let go of.

"i-i'll give you a dog house if you really don't want to stay in a normal room," he responds in jest. he blurts most of the words out though, still recovering from the hug. "house sitting works."

seeing this much enthusiasm from him makes kyle warm within. his lips crack to a smile, unsure to handle noah in this situation. does he leave him be or get himself involved and risk being seen as too nosy? one way or another, however, kyle still manages to get nosy as he pries onto noah's life with a question.

"a bodyguard? why'd you have that job?"

it was a strange choice for an occupation, especially for someone who seemed younger than him. kyle can't even see himself be one even if he was much older than he currently is.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 7:41:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah almost chokes. "you're not being serious, right? then again, on that elite four salary..." stroking his chin, he ponders images and numbers that float in the spotlit ring of his striking imagination. "your dog houses must have heating. soundproofing."

he has no idea how much kyle makes.

"man, well, if you can't already see it, i'm pretty strong."

noah says, all smug-like, despite his dwarfed frame before his machamp. with a pouting bottom lip, he flexes a bicep. "i protect the weak-" he arches a brow as if to appraise kyle.

"or handsome celebrities and important people. like you." noah points to his jaw. "i'll take the hits to the face. not you."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 12:27:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he left it to noah to imagine what kind of doghouse he has. he doesn't really have any as the lopez residence is mostly a glorified doghouse by now, especially with him staying at slateport and leaving his dogs to roam free.

his lips gave way to a smirk. while he doesn't like the idea of taking hits to the face for another person, he might have to reconsider his opinion of the said person was him. he doesn't pursue more questioning the bodyguard thing any further.

"alright. no need to keep flattering me," he doesn't know what to do with his hands. he folds them instead so he can ignore them for a while. "you already won over me anyways."

a whistle is taken out from under his shirt, hanging from a cord around his neck. kyle blows on it as he starts walking away from his spot. his riolu follows right after his trainer, along with other houndours that come out from multiple spots from the park.

kyle turns around, stopping before motioning for noah to follow. "you can pack later. how about i show you to my house for now?" this was exciting for him, kind of like inviting a friend over as a kid, except this friend is someone he just met. he starts to wonder if he should make more friends.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 8:56:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah is heartened by the way his encounter unraveled. the fighter did not find it difficult to forge friendships, but to receive affirmation of his charm was enough to entomologically pin the butterflies in his stomach like trophies.

upon hearing the whistle, noah calls the machamp back into his pokeball. he slips his friend into his pocket and pats it once.

the houndour come and noah, ever so accommodating, drops to a squat, waving at kyle's furry entourage with pleasantries.

"they're so cute." noah laughs. "i could nap with these pups all day." after bumping snouts with some, noah springs to his feet.

it's going all too fast. there's no time to prepare. and even though his first impression has already passed, noah thinks to himself that his visit to kyle's home could be a second debut. another circumstance to arouse appeal.

"serious? i could go home... take a shower and get changed, y'know?" noah is careful not to trip over a houndour as his feet pull him toward kyle. "these are my workout clothes, but uh-"

he can't help but follow like a puppy.

"-but if you're sure!" noah crosses his arms. "do you... live alone?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
machampion [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 16:48:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
that certain sense of pride kyle gets when he sees people get too absorbed with his dogs comes to hit him strong when he sees noah get himself acquainted with the houndours easily. he would have clutched his heart from the sight, but he stopped himself cause doing that is overly dramatic and weird. still, the smile remains.

he turns and start to move straight back to his home again. the pack of houndour find themselves walking alongside noah, curious about the newly made acquaintance. their legs try to match his pace, all heads tilted upwards to observe. the riolu remains on kyle's side, however.

"i could just kidnap you right now if i was into human trafficking," he jests. "but yeah, i live alone so don't worry."

it wasn't as lonely as it sounded like since he has his pokemon to accompany him in the house, but mentioning that was just as sad.

he points a finger forward, putting attention to his house. "oh yeah, it's just right there." fencing surrounds the perimeter of the lot, and the house doesn't stand out compared to the neighbor's. his pokemon, however, easily mark which one was his. the larger ones sleep by the entrance.

"just stay close to me when we enter."

explaining each of his pokemon's behavior towards trespassers were too much of a hassle to do. he leaves it up to noah's imagination for the reason behind the particular instruction.