awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 22:21:53 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]lena's loving the chilly autumn weather far more than blue. the glaceon prances by the river's shore with her tail perked, toes in the water. icicles are left in her wake and blue plods behind without as much fervor. 

still, he knows the two are more than happy to stretch their legs. captain, adorned with a wool sweater over her thin fur, warms her hands as she watches her companions. 

his chinchou is still safely tucked in his ball. most of cry's kind would have migrated to warmer waters at this point and time. 

he doesn't have a heated pool to release the poor boy into anymore. the guilt is fleeting. he sticks his hands in his pockets, watches blue and lena splash about in the shore. 

he inhales. exhales. his arm twinges. and he sighs, rakes his hand through his hair. inhales. exhales. one day at a time? 

'how long'll it last this time, blue?'
summer's voice taunts him. he wills it away (with effort). 

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.knoxpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knoxpost b]color:#4f96b1;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 22:58:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden had just been looking for a day off - away from people, away from everything. Instead, she found herself staring down the barrel of a familiar gun by the name of Knox Prescott. Smiling, she made her way over to him and kicked his shoe gently, the tip of her own sneaker covered in dirt from wandering around in the wilderness for the day.
[break][break]
"Hey." She pulled her coat off to lay on the ground next to him, flopping back after crouching on her haunches. "Knox." She patted his knee and looked up at him, meeting his gaze with raised eyebrows, sad eyes.
[break][break]
"May I stay?" She asked, quiet. Eden would leave if he wanted her to - but they both seemed to need someone to sit in mutual silence with. Or at least, that's the impression she got from him - which is why she left the decision up to him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:05:57 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]he was a social butterfly once (and not this plastic husk of a manic pixie dream boy) and eden is a resurfacing memory of the past. friend, confidant, aching reminder of the twists and turns he's stumbled down these past couple of years. 

but he's not thinking any of that, not really, as she solemnly sits before him and offers her presence as if in prayer. and are there gods looking out for him now? handing him this kindness, this brief respite? 

"of course," he says, cracks his million dollar smile. he makes a show of making room for her, comedic in the sprawling expanse of otherwise vacant terrain. and then he reaches for her hand, gives it a squeeze.

"it's good to see you." and he means it.

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.knoxpost b]color:#4f96b1;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:20:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Gently squeezing Knox's hand back, Eden sighs through her nose, eyebrows knitting upwards, pinching together. Don't do that, you'll get wrinkles, Her mother's voice, shrill, screams in her head. At the moment, she doesn't care; her friend needs her.
[break][break]
With fragile, surgeon's precision, Eden opens up his palm and traces circles and triangles onto the lines of his hands. "It's good to see you, too." She replies, finally. It's heartfelt and meaningful, because she wishes him well - so, so well. But he's a wreck in many ways, just like her - and she knows it by the familiar look on his person as she wore on her own. "Didn't expect to see you here."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:31:22 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]"i could say the same to you, hadley," he teases. happenstance draws these ghosts to him lately. his phone's dead in his pocket, screen crack to near oblivion. 

captain notices the newcomer at this point and comes bounding over. her cheeks crackle with her enthusiasm and knox waves her off until she settles down, only then allowing her to clamber into eden's lap. she's a sucker for pets and immediately droops her ears for perfect hand placement. 

knox scratches her on her cheek and then props his elbows up on his tucked knees. "got a couple jobs in mauville, nothin' too big. shouldn't be here much longer." he rolls his eyes. "gotta move on before summer catches wind of my being here." 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:38:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden opens her arms up, letting go of Knox in favour of cuddling the pikachu that had crawled onto her. "I needed... Some space." She breathes a laugh, and it hurts, but everything hurts these days, so she barely flinches this time, just like all the other times. "Fuck Summer." Eden's eyes rolled back, and she stroked between Captain's ears, already feeling soothed.
[break][break]
"Mauville, hmm." Eden sighed softly, closing her eyes as she tipped her head back. The breeze lifted her hair back, and she sighed loudly. "Might be nice to take a trip to Mauville."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:46:21 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]if only it were that easy. he looks at her out of the corner of his eye when she winces, takes note but isn't sure whether he should bring it up. he's never been good with boundaries. 

but he's sober now and his soul is quieter, more complacent. so he doesn't push. it's probably unusual, from eden's perspective. 

captain burrows closer, stealing all the warmth she can get from the woman while she can. 

"sucks we don't get paid vacation," he says with a quirk to his lips. and then he shrugs his shoulders. "could probably use a hand on the jobs if you really want to. it's still a shithole for folks like us though. not much of a vacation" 

summer's more than likely up in daddy's mauville penthouse. knox isn't so lucky. 

he scratches his chin, swipes his nose, taps his fingers against his knees. "of course," he adds, "i'll be there though. so it wouldn't be a total waste of your time."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 4:52:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

A choked laugh escapes Eden's throat and she rolls her eyes. "Right, that's true. Although when I want a vacation, I just... Hide. Like this." She lifted a hand to circle her finger in the air, exhaling slowly. "Dad got a false report of someone roaming the grounds last night at home." Eden lowers her hand to stroke the soft fur of the pikachu's head again.
[break][break]
"I was the last one in through the gate, so. Naturally." She shrugged. "My fault. For the fake person. Being on the grounds."
[break][break]
Her eyes lower, and she smiles softly, tucking some hair behind her ear. Gives him a look - sideways, out of the corner of her eyes. "If I went, you'd at least have somewhere decent to stay, rather than sleeping... Wherever you were going to sleep."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 15:12:46 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]but is hiding truly a vacation? when the very nature of their jobs is to skulk in the shadows? to watch those who don't see them? (not that he does a good job of staying inconspicuous. 

he's not happy then, but he wasn't happy when he was sipping martinis on his father's yacht in lilycove's harbor, with models on his hips and summer just waiting for him to fuck up on the sidelines. 

he rubs his eyes. 

"naturally," he says. he shakes his head. and then she offers him a place and he laughs churlishly, bats his lashes at her. 

"taking pity on me, i see." he stretches and leans back onto his elbows. "don't you worry 'bout me, hadley. i'm a prescott. the pretty prescott. i'm sure someone'll share their bed with me while i'm in town."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 16:57:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden rolled her eyes at the cockiness of her friend, watching him lean back out of the corner of her eye. She barely made eye contact, picking up a few granules of sand and flicking them off into the wind. She sighed through her nose. "Is that your polite way of telling me not to come, then?"
[break][break]
She curved her fingers back into the soft fur of the pikachu and leaned forwards, her cheek resting against the top of Captain's head. It pursed her lips in a way that looked like she was pouting - maybe she was - but right now it was more of a crutch because the painkillers she had taken were wearing off, and her stomach and ribs looked and felt like a bruised bag of apples at the moment.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 17:39:26 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]"of course not," he says, and he means it. the two of them make a good team. or they did, at least. they're estranged acquaintances at this point, comfortable only because of their history. but there's a restlessness that accompanies their companionship right now. things have happened over the years. 

it's the first time he frowns since she sat down beside him. empathy has his own stomach hurting. captain squirms when she traps her under her head, but relaxes when knox hushes under his breath. 

softly, he follows with, "what happened?"

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 17:47:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Smiling, Eden looked over at Knox, even though tears well in her eyes, she kept smiling - what else can she do? That's all she knew how to do -
[break][break]
She pressed her face gently into her sleeve, and shook her head, unable to really recount the events of the night prior. She just knew she was tired, and had been wandering all night and most of the morning. "Same thing as always." She whispered into her sleeve, feeling a couple of tears drip off the tips of her eyelashes and onto her sweater.
[break][break]
Eden laughed, sitting up to press her palms into her eyes. "Aha, no. It's fine. It just hurts a lot." She moved her hand lower to pull up the side of her sweater - showing was easier than telling - and reveals blooms of purple and yellow, flowering all over her side. There's more - places he can't see from the minimal view she gives him. "It's fine." She spoke again, letting her sweater settle again at her hip. "It's fine." But she's not sure who she's trying to convince.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 17:54:57 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]he knows the answer. he shouldn't have asked. they are both what they have been made to be. broken girl hiding behind a pretty smile. pretty boy hiding behind a sheet of powdered snow. 

he flexes his hand. phantom bruises feel pained on smooth-skin knuckles. it hadn't been the drugs or the failures that had cut him off from the prescott fortune. it'd been that one moment of solidarity, of blood in his cheek and on his knuckles and his father's split lip dribbling as he spat his rage. 

disobedience. he'd gotten what he deserved. 

he doesn't know if he's better off, but he knows for certain he shouldn't be one to offer advice.

so all he can do is feel sorry for her and let his heart twinge at the mask she must wear to survive. because he knows

he places a hand back on hers and squeezes. "come with me. to mauville for the job. we'll have ourselves a vacation." 

don't go home yet.

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 18:05:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

When Knox took her hand, Eden smiled and shrugged her shoulders, before leaning carefully onto his shoulder. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply, before breathing in the fresh air. Captain twitched in her lap, but remained still - and Eden was suddenly infinitely grateful for this moment.
[break][break]
"You sure I won't be cramping your style?" She joked, not moving from her spot on his shoulder. "Alright. Let's have a vacation." Eden sighed again, tucking her cheek just onto his collarbone.
[break][break]
I don't want to go home yet.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
taking a break [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 18:14:39 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
[attr="class","knoxpost"]he snorts, lifts his head so that she can better nestle against him. and then he places his chin atop her crown and sighs. 

this is different than his drunken flings, than his meaningless touches. this isn't passion or heartache or a desperate attempt to feel something. this is real

he knows he loves her. has, since they were kids. you don't go through the same shit and not find a family in the chaos.

he breathes out. her hair tickles his nose.

blue and lena finally make their way back to him and greet the trainer with just as much warmth as captain had. and he can't help but smile, genuinely this time. none of his pompous exorbitance; no dagger-teeth, steel-glinted eyes. 

(it will end soon. quicker than he knows. his mood will tumble and his body will begin its shaking and he won't be able to stop his succumbing. he will go under and he will stumble and he knows that there is a very, very real chance that he will drag her with him.)

but he is content now, in this moment, thinking that things might turn out for the better. 

x x x
@bean2