august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dragon dance
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 3:20:22 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

❝behind this gate resided dragons, the sound of music echoed within the entrance to...❞

traditional music blared in tandem with moving feet. motions and small movements were watched by those who lived within the estate that hid from the outside world that is hoenn. owned by a conglomerate of draconian tamers, there resided a trio: mateo, , and, what one could only assume, a dance...teacher? they were with their pokemon, but it brought the question: what in the world was going on?

the weather was both warm and cool; a sign that winter was slowly upon them as they transitioned seasons. recently, mateo and dragonite acquired a new power--or well--information on it at least from his grandfather. it was because of his recent accomplishments that his grandfather felt the need to bestow new power onto his grandson; it was known as a 'z-move'.

something kyle was familiar with, but was unable to help him at this time. the others were no help either, all except , who was here to watch, seeing as he was the only one home at this time. mateo had called the head of the clan, their grandfather, back home. thankfully, their grandfather foresaw this coming and thus sent someone from blackthorn to help mateo learn about the power of 'z-moves'.

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/y8dz71dwfx/Avatar_Music-Cave_Jivin.mp3[/player]

which brings us to our current situation. their teacher, named MAO, was showing them, and i'd quote, called 'the dragon dance'. it was a well-known pokemon move that was performed by dragons to increase their power. mateo had been taught the dance all morning. he sat and watched, at first, with and wore a bored expression.

after awhile, it was his turn. mateo would perform the dance; alas, not even half way, he'd stop mid performance. "this is stupid!" he shouted with angst. "we've been at this all morning, this isn't getting us anywhere!" all that patience mateo was trying to teach himself was clearly being thrown out of the window.

he was nearly red in the face out of embarrassment from having to do this. "turnaway!" mateo shouted toward . he was embarrassed. they were at this for so long that multiple things happened: he stepped on dragonite's tail, he accidentally punched dragonite, dragonite pushed him onto the ground, and he tripped over his own foot. it was practically a brutal practice.

"this is stupid, i'm taking a break!" mateo shouted. slamming the towel down onto the ground and leaving dragonite to his own vice who, too, stormed off in anger. propping himself up next to , he'd come to sit down upon the wooden floors beside morgan. "can you believe this? what the hell was that old man thinking. that idjits clearly gone senile." he was venting about their grandfather back in johto. "i can't do this, this z-move crap is too frustrating!" mateo groaned, this was worse than training an eevee to become a dragon and failing.

notes: tl;dr mateo's grandfather sent mateo a special gift to help him unlock a z-move. with that gift came a teacher from johto that was sent to hoenn by the clan leader 2 help teach him 'the dragon dance'. mateo's practicing with the teacher and has been at it for quite a bit. has no luck and keeps failing at the dance.

got angry and is taking a break and came to chat it up with morgan who has been watching(?).

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

A Blue Person

Morgs
he, him, they
June 12
Heterosexual
The Last Dragon Rider
30 height
30 height
awards
143 posts
Morgan Drake DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morgan
Morgan Drake
dragon dance
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 17:10:38 GMT
Morgan Drake Avatar
days at spent at home were so few these days and even when he does manage to get to be home, spending it with his cousin were even fewer. Although today was a special day, for both mateo and morgan, for the former it was his time to learn to dance and for the latter, it was him time to enjoy his older cousin embarrass himself a tad bit.

With MAO here from blackthorne the lesson was going fairly slowly as morgan watched attempt to imitate the 'dragons dance'. After a while morgan could help but smile and snicker as his cousin started to become increasingly frustrated by the entire ordeal to the point where he shrieked at him. At this point morgan could not help but whole hardheartedly laugh at the entire thing.

Morgan watched as his cousin prop himself next to him as he stormed of in a huff visibly irritated by the little performance. Heck even in his peripheral vision could see 's dragonite who was just like his owner that he was visibly irritated at the dance.

Replying to his cousins statement "I can believe it. Ive been watching." Morgan was still laughing at the situation but his laugh started to die down and thought about giving him some words of encouragement. "You can do this, you've faced worse, believe me." Morgan begun to imagine the times were would just freeze at noelle's name, but look at him now he can stand to be the same in room with her. morgan snickered at his own joke and it would surprise him if mateo just look at him confused.

"Maybe gramps aint senile. Who said that both you and dragonite had to the same dance, but instead there could be another dance that complemented this one."

@

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dragon dance
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 18:11:44 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"the hell are you on about?" he turned toward morgan with an irritable look. was he starting to go senile just like the old man? "if you're suggestin' that i go on montube and watch some dragons do a dumb dance, i'm better off asking chance and noelle for advice." what sort of suggestion was that? he's been spending too much time around those two.

"though..." there was always balder the region's alolan native. but that guy was far too busy to entertain mateo's troubles. "oh, wait..." thinking about something their grandfather said, "gramps did mention about checking out the books in this place. he told me to read up on them ahead of time before mao showed up." which he didn't do clearly. "i don't go in there as much as bryony. i wouldn't be surprised if she read all the books in that damn room." as if he'd ever be caught dead in there...or so he'd think if morgan weren't here.

an impish grin, "say, my favorite cuz, why don't you help me out with some light reading!" it was time to bought the little drake to use. "let's go to the library, two brains are better than one." and by 'two' he means ordering morgan's brain to do most of the work by reading aloud to his brain. "teamwork makes the dream work, and my dream is to get this stupid dance over with!" standing up, he'd toss his towel over to mao and dragonite, "we're takin' a break!" he shouted at dragonite and mao, shooting a middle finger toward dragonite's way.

notes: tl;dr let's go to the library.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

A Blue Person

Morgs
he, him, they
June 12
Heterosexual
The Last Dragon Rider
30 height
30 height
awards
143 posts
Morgan Drake DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morgan
Morgan Drake
dragon dance
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 15:55:20 GMT
Morgan Drake Avatar
it did not surprise morgan that did not understand on what he was saying. Sighing to himself at what his cousin was saying he could only put his hand to his face and shake his head. "you know what? forget what I just said. But both of us know that noelle or chance would not be able to give you as much help as you currently need."

Whilst morgan still sat down he was thinking to himself of how he could find a way for his cousin to figure out of what he said, but before any any thought had actually come to mind, mateo had just suggested that the two of them go to the library. "You right, I dont think anyone goes in there as much as bry, but aye lets go."

With taking care of mao explaining he was taking a break, the two draconids took themselves over to the history/myths section where morgan found himself picking out a book which titled itself 'dawn of dragons.' Opening up the book itself morgan came face to face with something that he was not expecting.

The very first page of the book was a myth regarding one dragon that split into 2 regarding them as the twin dragons. Morgan question how that was possible but kept skim reading. As he got further down the page it really intrigued him that the pokemon represented truth and ideals. Before morgan could change the page and going attempted to find what he was really looking for, two sentences both barely legible caught his eye;

'When the hero --------------------------------- one with the Pokémon, Zekrom sha-----'

'When a person -------- o is searching --------------- ram will appear.'

Confused about what he just read. morgan question to see whether he had any knowledge about it. "Mateo have you heard of the twin dragons?"

Morgan waited a while for to answer his question before searching the book for some answers to help mateo. He was not sure whether this was anything meaningful but it was similar to what he had said earlier. Sliding the book over to the centre of the page read this;

'When two rivers collide they become one and explode into the ocean.'

@

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dragon dance
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 17:13:20 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

chucking a book over his shoulder was as easy as dancing. he was making a mess in his section with an uncaring expression. some books he'd pause to skim, others he'd toss to the side. it wasn't until his concentration was broken in order to answer a question, "ah?" what an old tale. he remembered learning about something like that a little bit in his past, but it didn't poke his interest because of all the idealism and philosophical metaphors behind the dragons.

taking the book that was handed to him. he'd answer his question, "i don't remember too much. but it's some old dragons tale about two dragons who basically had beef with each other due to differences in opinion." it was a pretty boring story and didn't interest mateo. "i'm not a fan of it, the fact that they couldn't respect one another's opinions is what's wrong with the world today." flipping through the pages of the book he was given, mateo's was severed in two.

"just because i don't like half the things @mrtm87 says, doesn't mean i'm gonna burn the world down until he sees my point of view as right and just. the people in that story were so childish and boring. plus, they try to make it too deep sometimes." reading through the book, he'd add, "thanks but no thanks. i need more action, not some 'philosophical' life lesson." and that was as much as he knew. "what are you interested in that crap?" it seemed something that'd peak his interest.

notes: tl;dr let's go to the library.