awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 18:54:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He hadn’t been giving the rest of his team mates enough exercise, so here he was.

Wait, what was he doing out here again? Oh, right, he was looking for something—two very specific somethings, to be exact. He was so mad he hadn’t erven found one of either of them in so long.

What was it going to take for him to find a Greninja out here?

Lars idly wondered if luck would favor him this day. He seriously pondered on it, because hell, his luck had been pretty much in the shitter lately and he wasn’t in the mood to push that too much.

He found himself out on this particular route, because who knew if he was going to strike it big or keep fruitlessly searching.

What was in store for him? He didn’t know.

lf: noivern / greninja / krookodile

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 19:48:13 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag

notes
<3

Orion wasn't up to anything in particular that day as he strolled along Route 114; it was a nice change to be relaxing for once instead of running missions or hunting specific things. Of course, he would never turn down a favourite Pokemon if he saw one, but there was something to be said about going out with no particular goal in mind.

He's brought his Liepard out to enjoy the sights this time around. The Dark-type cat was one of the newest additions to his team and hadn't seen battle since he'd obtained her, so Orion figured now was a good time as any to give her some training. Should they encounter anything on their walk, he was more than ready to provide whatever direction she needed.

For now, she seemed content to pounce at whatever bird Pokemon passed her by, never managing to catch one but apparently not discouraged by the lack of success.

It's Laurence's Salazzle that catches Orion's attention at first.

One of his favourite Pokemon, and not one known to be local to this area. It's not long before he spots the man it belongs to — someone unexpectedly familiar. He greets Lars first with a nod, then gestures about the route. "Didn't expect to bump into you out here. You on a job?"

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 21:48:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ONIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / sturdy[break]
stone edge / gyro ball / smack down / stealth rock
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHIFTRY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / pickpocket[break]
hurricane / nasty plot / feint attack / leaf blade / defog
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 8:10:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Mirana was some distance away, and released a spitting warning in Lars’s direction, that made him look up. He was in the middle of lighting a cigarette when he recognized the owner of the voice.

“Back down,” he remarked in the Salazzle’s direction, and the reptilian was forced to comply, slithering back towards where he stood. To Orion, he tilts his head slightly.

“More on a personal search. Been looking for a Greninja since forever, but can’t seem to find one,” he begins, before he feels the ground underneath him quake. It wasn’t coming from the dual-type Shiftry that had appeared at the edge of his vision, so where—

A sudden burst of ground revealed itself to be an Onix. While utterly nonplussed, he knew he could use a little variety on his team. Checking that he had more than enough Pokéballs on him, he then chucks a second Pokéball forward and watches as his Tsareena emerges.

“Caelia, subdue the Onix!” he began, urging her forward. Without further orders, the Tsareena charged ahead, releasing a sickly Sweet Scent to lower the Onix’s defenses. On the other Pokémon’s part, the Rock-type retaliated with a singular large rock. The Smack Down attack was cut down with a Trop Kick from the Tsareena, who then sped forward before releasing a sudden flurry of Magical Leaves at the other.

“What brings you here?” he inquires of the other Ranger. Surely there was something interesting for him out here as well? He looked up in time to see that the Tsareena had managed to single-handedly bring down the Onix, ending the fight with another Trop Kick to the Onix’s head.

“…damn it, don’t be so harsh,” he drawled in the Tsareena’s direction, fishing out an empty Pokéball and throwing it at the Onix.

not what he needs, but catching the Onix!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 8:58:27 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag

notes
capture attempt on shiftry

Perhaps he ought to be intimidated by the Salazzle's outburst, but Orion merely maintains a safe distance as his lip twitches in a fond sort of amusement.

"Haven't seen one yet," Orion provides. He hadn't been keeping the best eye out, being that this was more of a relaxed trip, and Greninja were stealthy enough to avoid anyone if they felt the need. "I'll help you keep an eye ou—shit!"

It's not the Onix itself that startles him, thanks to the rumbling warning they'd received beforehand, but rather Orion's distance from the eruption zone. He's unbalanced slightly by the tremor in the earth, but manages to stumble back and maintain his footing while keeping an eye on the Shiftry he could see lurking in his peripheral. It looks like it's got some kind of NASTY PLOT in mind; he knows it won't go down without a fight. While it's not necessarily a favourite, it's a Dark-type and he's always looking to expand his arsenal, so Orion readies a Pokeball in each hand.

The first one releases his Weavile in a flash of light, and the second he primes for a throw.

"You've got the advantage here, Chei. Slow it down with an Icy Wind, then take it out."

As Lars' Tsareena handily subdues the Onix, Orion's Weavile kicks things off with it's ICY WIND, sending a blast of frigid air toward the nefarious tree. Shiftry responds with weather of its own, the HURRICANE throwing Weavile off-balance for a moment before it regains ground and rushes the Dark-type, starting off with a METAL CLAW before advancing on its target with a series of FURIOUS SWIPES.

Orion tosses a Pokeball in the weakened Pokemon's direction, then turns his attention to Lars. "Not much. Just out for a walk with this one." He gestures to his Liepard, who's sat down to groom herself in spite of the battles raging nearby. "New addition, so I figured she'd appreciate the attention. Good work, Chei." He gives his Weavile an appraising nod before returning it to its Pokeball.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 9:20:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ALOLAN DUGTRIO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / tangling hair[break]
sand tomb / iron head / sucker punch / earth power
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MURKROW APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / prankster[break]
haze / feint attack / taunt / brave bird / tailwind
[break][break]

[break]
Your previous captures are successful!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 9:46:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He turned to Orion and was about to mutter a word of thanks when he was beset on by the Shiftry—and watched as the other captured it a few moments later with a Weavile. Classy.

The Tsareena saunters over, eventually kicking the Onix’s occupied Pokéball in Lars’s direction before flipping her ‘hair’ around and leaving him to his own devices. “Gee, Caelia, for a lady you sure act like a man,” he muttered, resisting the urge to roll his eyes skyward at the way the Tsareena was behaving.

Meanwhile, the Salazzle continued to slink through the grass, keeping an eye out on the perimeter and hoping that they would find something interesting. Hilariously, she did. Standing up a few moments later, the Salazzle came upon the sight of a…

…what the fuck?

Retreating on her hind legs, she backpedals towards where Lars is now tossing the occupied Pokéball up and down, looking at the Liepard with an appraising look. “Why do I get the feeling she’s not going to like fighting?” he ponders, before he catches sight of Mirana gesturing with her whipping tail at the incoming…

…what in the absolute flying fuck?!

“…what the hell is that,” Lars blurts out of nowhere, looking at the Dugtrio… that had… hair.

How the fuck could a Dugtrio have hair?! Was he seeing things?!

“Weird,” he adds a few moments later, before shaking his head in the Tsareena’s direction.

“No, not that one.”

see his reaction on the Alolan Dugtrio. KEK -pass-

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 12:03:36 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
befriend/capture attempt on murkrow! using a ball purchased from the shop when that goes through <3

Orion watches the Liepard fondly, quietly agreeing with Laurence's statement. She might have enjoyed chasing birds, but she showed little interest in actual combat when it came down to it. And that was perfectly fine.

"She doesn't have to," he shrugs, leaning down to give her a scratch behind the ears. She purrs and rubs against his hand, relishing the attention. "Gotta make sure she's got enough training to defend herself, but beyond that..." He smiles fondly as Crocus paces in a circle, ensuring that her trainer scratched all the right places. She might not be a fighter, but she had the makings of a great companion. He straightens up and dusts blades of grass from his knees. "Whatever she needs, I'm gonna adapt to it."

Orion turns at Lars' exclamation, catching sight of the... Dugtrio? Was it a Dugtrio?

He blinks, uncomprehending. Why did it have hair? Dugtrio didn't have hair. He's seen plenty of Diglett and company in his lifetime, but this was a new one. He stares at it, reassured it's not a hallucination by Laurence's similar reaction.

"I... I really don't know."

He makes a soft, startled noise as something lands on his head with a caw, talons digging into his scalp. His eyes water a bit at the sudden, sharp pain, but he can't help but chuckle. "There's a Murkrow on my head, isn't there?" He tries to look up at it, but sees nothing but the sky. Crocus prowls at his feet, and he suddenly understands why it had taken shelter in such an odd location. "Hey, buddy. Don't worry, I won't let her getcha." He's already got a Pokeball primed and ready just in case. "You're welcome to stay there, tag along. Just... please ease up on the grip."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 1:00:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CACTURNE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / water absorb[break]
spiky shield / energy ball / sucker punch / needle arm / nasty plot
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / stamina[break]
high horsepower / double kick / counter / earthquake
[break][break]

[break]
Murkrow was befriended successfully!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2019 13:19:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Looking over at his companion, he sees a flash of black land in the other’s hair—and then lets out a chuckle because he recognizes what had decided to roost in his hair—he’d seen some of them in the safari, but didn’t take any interest in them.

He was a picky person, can anyone blame him?

“Looks like we have company,” he said a few moments later, spotting the unusual duo. Wondering if it was going to be a good idea to let him handle the other Pokémon, Lars whistles in Mirana’s direction, and the Salazzle snaps to attention.

“Be careful around him. He looks dangerous,” he tells the dual-type, and with a hiss she bounds off, readying her array of noxious poisons, before quickly exhaling a Poison Gas cloud at the Cacturne. Not one to be deterred, the cactus Pokémon quickly summons up a Spiky Shield—but that’s only meant to block incoming physical attacks.

“Again!” he adds, and a second exhalation of the potent purple cloud spreads out past the Spiky shield, forcing the Cacturne to collapse its defense as it inhales the toxic stench. A sudden blast of Flamethrower catches it off-guard, before the Salazzle rears back and unleases another blast of Flamethrower at it. This time, the Cactturne was ready, retaliating with a Sucker Punch that had caught the female Pokémon senseless.

“Wow, rude,” he grumbled, before the Salazzle hissed again, this time snapping in the Cacturne’s direction with a well-timed Fake Out attack. Another Flamethrower blast secures the perimeter and the weakened dual-type’s driven away.

“Well, that’s that,” he says with a smirk, letting the Salazzle continue to patrol around the perimeter.

not the Cacturne either. -pass-

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2019 19:05:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
pass on mudbray

Orion's distracted by the Murkrow that's now tugging at strands of his hair as if trying to build a nest with them; so distracted, in fact, that he doesn't notice when his Liepard gives up on her avian prey and slinks off toward some movement in the bushes. It's not until he hears the feline shriek that Orion snaps back to attention.

"What the hell?"

His Liepard is on her side in the middle of the path, chest heaving, evidently in a lot of pain. The ranger glances up to see the ass-end of a Mudbray, the equine Pokemon clearly having just lashed out at Crocus with a DOUBLE KICK. The super-effective move had really done a number on his Pokemon, and Orion crouches next to her and strokes her fur in apology.

"It's OK, girl," he murmurs, pulling out her Pokeball. "I'll stop by the Pokemon center on the way home. We'll be there soon."

He straightens up with a scowl as the Liepard vanishes in a flash of light, a second burst of red sending out Orion's Espeon. Normally he'd use Katas, but after seeing how badly the Liepard had handled the powerful kicks—

"Delphi, Psychic!"

A frightened whinny from the ground-type assures Orion that Delphi's PSYCHIC energy had taken its hold, the Mudbray whirling around in a panicked attempt to get eyes on its assailant. Delphi is quicker; having set up a FUTURE SIGHT before she'd even made her first attack, she executes a SWIFT assault that culminates in a secondary burst of psychic power that's more than enough to drive the confused Pokemon off. Orion doesn't like to be so aggressive with the wild Pokemon, but when it attacked his own?

He didn't even feel bad.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2019 23:41:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD DUGTRIO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / arena trap[break]
sand tomb / earthquake / slash / sucker punch
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HAXORUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / mold breaker[break]
dragon pulse / taunt / scary face / dragon claw
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 14:21:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars could only cringe as he heard the Liepard cry out—it wasn’t until he remembered that Dark-types were weak to Fighting-type moves, but thankfully Orion had managed to dispatch the weird-looking donkey without too much trouble.

Another source of trouble came knocking, and this time, he had to do a second take—thankfully the Dugtrio that appeared didn’t have that weird head of hair. Okay, this looked normal. Pretty normal.

“Oh, thank Arceus,” he muttered under his breath, but it was the Dragon-type that had caught his attention—Mirana was hissing in its direction, spitting up globules of noxious Poison Gas before following it up with a Captivate attack. Hearing the hissing, he turned his attention back to the Salazzle.

“Mirana, be careful. Don’t use your Flamethrower. It’s not going to work, he called out, before remembering what these Dragon-types were weak to. “Wear it down with Dragon Pulse! Drive it away!”

In retaliation, the Haxorus lashed out with a Taunt, and thankfully it had crossed on the Dragon Pulse that the Salazzle had thrown its way. An attempt at Scary Face wasn’t enough to slow down the dual-type, who was hissing-mad as another Dragon Pulse hit the Dragon-type full-on in the face.

Another attempt at Dragon Claw was launched, only for the Salazzle to drop down and aim a low-aimed Dragon Pulse, finally driving the Haxorus to its feet. Wondering if he was going to get something out of this, he then throws another Pokéball at the fallen Haxorus and watched as it was sucked into the beam of red light.

All this happened while Lars eyed the other Dugtrio suspiciously. Why was this one… bald?

surprise Haxorus capture attempt!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:59:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
pass on dugtrio

Orion turns his head at Lars' relieved exclamation, spotting the culprit almost immediately; a normal, hairless Dugtrio that made him feel much more sane than he had previously. He has a sudden, wild thought: Some Pokemon have gender differences, right? Is that what female Dugtrio look like?!

I mean, some Pokemon had hair. Jynx, for example. But that — that was normal. You didn't see any bald Jynx, now did you? Oh god. Were there bald Jynx out there? He doesn't know if he ever wants to see that. Jynx are creepy enough with hair!

He blinks, and the Dugtrio is gone.

Perhaps it just lost interest in the duo, perhaps it had seen the Haxorus and decided against sticking around, perhaps it was going to chase after the maybe-lady Dugtrio. Orion didn't know, and frankly didn't care.

The Haxorus has disappeared, also. Orion's train of thought had really taken him out of the moment. "Did you get it?" he inquires of Lars, glancing around to spot a Pokeball.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?