[DW] fragile hearts

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 6:17:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.ayab-container]--be-accent: #AA88B6;[/newclass]

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400i|Roboto:400,700|Vollkorn:400,400i]
[attr="class","ayab-border"]
[attr="class","ayab-container"]
[attr="class","ayab-header"]
[attr="class","ayab-icon"]

[attr="class","ayab-lyrics-hov"]
[attr="class","ayab-lyrics"]be as you've always been

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]

[attr="class","ayab-body"]
[attr="class","ayab-shape"]

[attr="class","ayab-text"]

this was fine! this was perfectly! undeniably fine![break][break]

oh, who was she kidding? it was terribly dark and it was a cloudy night! there were trees, everywhere (oh, gods forbid there were trees) and she was getting more and more anxious with each step she took in the dark. this was why she didn't like going out or being out before night fell! the sun had long set, and she was left in the darkness, accompanied by the rustles of the bushes and the hounding of the dark pokemon in the distance. [break][break]

w-was that a hiss? she heard a hiss, right? th-that had to be a--[break][break]

"eep!" she softly squeaks, immediately jerking to the side as her body tenses up. she hears the grass being to rustle, and she feels her chest tighten up. she wasn't going to be staying here, oh no she wasn't. against her better judgement, she started to run through the darkness. she should have kept looking ahead instead of back, because her lack of awareness caused her to suddenly bump into another person on the road with a soft 'omph'. she had already been trying to hide her tears when she looked to the person, and is greeted with their torso. [break][break]

oh god. [break][break]

"i-i'm sorry!" she starts. her petite hands clutch together over her chest, as her voice began to waver and crack the slightest bit. "p-please don't be mad.. i-I'm really sorry..!"

[attr="class","ayab-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged] opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-body] display: table-cell; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text i] color: #aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit a] font:700 7px/7px roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 6:36:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
holy shit i'm love her. feel free to spawn, or they can interact for a bit first!

Nights like these were his favourite kind. Dark and overcast, the sort of gloomy atmosphere that kept most others in their homes. It's precisely why he prefers to train during these times. There's less of a chance he'll be interrupted, and thus less chance he'll have to deal with people.

Honestly, as a Ranger, he knows how to be professional. He can contend with small talk in his own stiff, uncomfortable way, and he knows how to work in a team when he's on a job. But out here, when he's just Orion and not Ranger Orion, at your service, he's looking for nothing more than peace and comfortable solitude. And so far, he's achieved just that.

Until—

The silence breaks first, with the crash of footsteps from behind. Orion turns, expectant, only to have a quivering mass slam into him with not inconsiderable speed. He grunts in surprise but remains steady — the other is smaller, slighter, too much so to unbalance him.

He's spent years building walls around himself, so much so that they've almost become a part of his personality. So his first instinct is hostility, his expression shifting into something akin to a snarl as he glares down at the other. "Hey — watch where you're going!" he snaps. "I'm—"

Whatever he'd been about to say, the words die on his tongue as the girl begins to break down in front of him. Oh no. He's never been good at dealing with this sort of thing. He doesn't know what to do with his hands, isn't sure what to say, and is acutely aware that he'd made the situation far worse by confronting her as he did. He lifts his hands in a gesture that almost looks like a surrender, taking a step back. His expression is like that of a cornered Pokemon — startled, uncertain, looking like he's ready to bolt.

He doesn't.

"I — shit, look, I'm sorry, please don't cry?" He runs a hand through his hair, mussing it. He knew how to calm a startled Pokemon. He didn't have the slightest idea how to handle this. "I shouldn't have snapped at you — I'm not — it's fine, it's OK. That was — I overreacted. I'm sorry. Again." He's embarrassed, overwhelmed by guilt, and the apology comes out stilted and awkward. Beside him, his Absol sniffs the air and blinks its red eyes at the girl, but doesn't make any further move. "Are you, uh, OK? You're not hurt?"

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 23:09:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PINECO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / sturdy[break]
protect / explosion / spikes / take down
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flash fire[break]
flamethrower / roar / embargo / crunch / pursuit
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 19:24:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

he raised his voice. [break][break]

oh, god, he raised his voice. it was enough to shock the girl, to the point of jolting where she stood and prompting the tears to begin falling down her cheeks. she couldn't say or do much; he was angry, wasn't he? of course he was! why else would he yell at her? o-oh gosh, did she really make him that angry? please don't yell at her too much, please don't--[break][break]

he had snapped, but the agitation was quickly sated once he saw the tears on the poor girl's face (of course, she'd never be able to notice it at the moment. she was too busy being terrified of the dark and everything it had to offer her). through her tears, she tries to bring her hands to her face and she pushes words through her soft hiccups and sobs. "i-i'm not c-crying..!" a poor lie, especially when spoken through choked up lips and a reddened face from the embarrassment. oh, gods, she was a mess. [break][break]

and now she was making someone feel guilty! she couldn't get any more troublesome, could she? the young woman holds the bottom of her hands against her eyes, trying to desperately wipe the tears away. "i-i'm so sorry.." she trails. she desperately attempts to compose herself, especially while the man's trying to calm her down with her. [break][break]

as she's trying, however, her acute hearing picks up the rustling of grass and a low growl echoing from the depths of the trees. her body immediately tenses up, and she brings her arms in so close that she could have been a turtle trying to hide away. [break][break]

th-that was just the wind, right? it couldn't be anything too dangerous, right--[break][break]

how wrong she was. [break][break]

a houndoom jumps from the shadows. fangs are bared at the trainers who dared to disturb its territory. wendy stares at the canine pokemon - terrified - and her tears are accompanied by a soft scream.

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 20:03:44 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
tldr: passed on both

She insists she's not crying.

She's totally crying.

Orion has absolutely no idea what to do.

He's saved from the awkward tension by a snarl that rips through the darkness, a large black shape hurtling toward the pair and taking the shape of a Houndoom as it gets closer. He's normally good with Dark-types and wild Pokemon alike, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this one isn't backing down.

"Get back," he orders the girl, suddenly serious. He takes a step forward himself; it's his instinct to protect her, to protect anyone from danger, because he's a ranger. That's what they do. So that's what he does, staring into the slavering jaws of the beast and standing as firm as one could be expected to. "I'll handle this."

His Absol, Katas, is already squaring off with the other canine. No orders had been required. His trainer had been in danger and that was enough, but Orion's already got another Pokeball in hand. Skuntank appears in a flash of light — confused, at first, but quickly adapting to the severity of the situation — and Orion's already barking orders. "Tiri, Play Rough with it. Drive it off."

He's still clutching her ball in case she goes overboard. She's still relatively new, a wildcard, and she jumps into action almost too eagerly. She knows how to PLAY ROUGH with her opponent. The Houndoom stands its ground with a vicious CRUNCH, but Tiri acts of her own accord with TOXIC; the sudden realisation of poison coursing through its veins seems to give the Dark-type better ideas, and it snarls all the while as it dashes off into the trees. Orion doesn't even notice the Pineco that's trying very hard to blend into the scenery, for he's already turning back to check on the girl.

"You OK?"
He's calmer, now, his voice soft. Ranger Orion, not the civilian that had been out on his night walk. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. Do you have Pokemon with you? It's dangerous to be out here alone."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 4:37:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

just her luck. [break][break]

first, she was out stuck, cold and scared in the middle of route 117 (that was where she was, right? god! she can't even remember where she was!). then, she bumped into someone who ended up snapping at her. then, she started crying, and now that person was panicking because she got scared and started crying. shortly after that, a canine pokemon came out of the blue, giving the woman little time to pull out her pokemon before the man could interfere with his own. [break][break]

the attempt to drive off the pokemon was seamless, and effortless. the complete opposite of her, might she add. she disliked battles; she doesn't even know why her father implored her to go exploring, in the first place. when the attention's turned back to her and the ante was calmed, her stuttering had taken the place of her tense fear. "i-i'm okay.." she starts, but she's choked up as she's trying to form words. god, how do you even english? [break][break]

in response to his question, she hesitantly pulls out two pokeballs to reveal the pokemon sitting in them. one of them was a large, pink pokemon which chimed. upon seeing how anxious her trainer was, she shuffled over and began to try comforting the shocked woman. the clefable was polite - polite enough to give a wave to the male trainer before waddling back to hug the shuddering one. on the other hand, a gengar came from the other pokeball and began to freely surf the shadows created by the moonlight and the trees around them.[break][break]

"i-i have a clefable and a g-gengar.. b-but i'm no good at b-battling.." she sheepishly admits. she gently tents her fingers together, holding her hands against her chest. she avoid eye contact to the best of her ability. "i'm s-.. i-i'm sorry..!"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 8:34:45 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
they're so cute and awk

The woman sends out her Pokemon. Clefable's first, and he can't help the rush of fondness for the way it offers him a wave before it totters off to go and comfort its trainer. He waves back, feeling far more comfortable interacting with strange Pokemon than strangers.

It's the Gengar that truly catches his interest when she sends it out, however. Orion's eyes light up, and he watches with fascination as the ghost-type begins to surf the shadows around them. Most would be unsettled by the wicked smile or the uneasy feeling that ghosts tended to provoke, but Orion couldn't be more delighted.

"They seem eager to protect you, at least." Well, maybe not the Gengar, but it could be hard to get a read on ghost-types. His Litwick was incredibly friendly, but the candle Pokemon was young and lonely and an exception to that rule. "Are you trying to get somewhere in particular?" he asks. "I'm a Ranger. I can escort you, if need be."

Plus, he'd feel kind of bad leaving her alone after he just gave her the fright of her life and reduced her to tears and trembles.

Remembering himself, he adds, "I'm Orion, by the way." He thinks that talking might be a good way to take her mind off the fear, and thinks of a subject. "Where did you meet your Gengar?"

It seems an odd choice for her, after all.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 17:59:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

oh. [break][break]

oh. [break]
oh crap.[break][break]

he was a ranger. a ranger of all things! wasn't this dangerous? after all, she was in rocket? this was bad, wasn't it? shouldn't she be trying to avoid as much contact as she can? oh god, and he's right there, isn't he? maybe if she closed her eyes and looked again, he'd be gone! that has to be how it worked, right? it always worked in those movies, so maybe she was dreaming, and this panic was unwarranted? maybe he was just a.. figment of her imagination? oh, she hoped so. [break][break]

she briefly shuts her eyes as hard as she can, than opens them back up-- oh no. he's still there! he had to be real then, right? she could have touched him to make sure he were solid and real (but that would mean touching someone, and lord knows she'll break like a bubble). thankfully, the clefable took time to try and calm the young woman down. the fairy pokemon pat her back a couple of times, while the trainer herself began to gently sink into the fat of the squishy pink pokemon. [break][break]

the gengar on the other hand, seemed more than alert while scouring the perimeter. under the guise of playing and fooling around with little to no care in the world. [break][break]

once she's composed, she glances back up to the ranger. "uhm.." she starts, unsure of how to finish. what was she supposed to say? she was trying to get back home from a surgery in an abandoned shed? no, no that'd be terrible! forbidden! "i'm just going h-home back in van--.. van--" ... what was the name of the town again? she could never remember; it always slipped her mind even after she repeats it to herself time and time again. she quiets from her incompetence. [break][break]

now as for the question of her gengar? she froze. uhm.. how was she supposed to answer that? she takes a glance to her clefable, then in the direction of the surfing ghost pokemon. "w-well.." she gradually tenses up. "i-i.. think he used to be a clefable..?" one that had to go through the unfortunate event of her dissociations, but heck would she say that.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 18:14:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
they're so cute and awk

Something shifts in her when he mentions his occupation, and suddenly the woman seems to be having some kind of... well, really, he's not sure what's going on with her; she's squeezed her eyes shut and looks like she's seen a ghost when she opens them.

The gears turn in his brain, and he makes the most logical connection he can think of. "It's all right if you'd rather not," he assures her quickly, thinking she might mistake his offer as a disguise for something sinister. He'd not exactly given off the greatest first impression, after all, and there were a lot of dangers to be posed to a young woman walking home alone in the dark. "I've just got the free time, and since you don't like battling, I thought I'd offer."

He hopes that reassures her that he's not going to like, rob her in an alleyway, or something.

If he's hoping that a change in conversation might cheer her up and take her mind off of her fears, Orion couldn't be more wrong. She tenses at the question, which doesn't seem odd to him — she seems afraid of everything — but it's the words that come out her mouth that give him pause.

He's not a stupid man. Gengar's a ghost type.

Fortunately for Wendy, he's also a compassionate man behind all those barriers he throws up around himself. Her Pokemon died, didn't it? He kicks himself internally. Great going, Orion. You just reminded her of one of the worst tragedies a trainer has to go through. But then again, she... technically still had her Pokemon, right? Perhaps it's just because he's a big fan of ghost-types, but he finds himself desperately clinging to that silver lining. To Wendy, he says, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to — I shouldn't have brought that up." Were all Gengar the souls of dead Clefable, then? What did that say about him, for wanting one? "It must care a lot about you."

After all, it had stuck around... right?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 4:45:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD LEDYBA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / swarm[break]
mach punch / double edge / safeguard / air slash
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ZORUA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / illusion[break]
fake tears / night daze / pursuit / nasty plot / detect
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2019 5:14:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

hearing that could have broken her heart. [break][break]

though she wasn't mourning the loss of her pokemon, she did occasionally mourn the loss of her clefable on the down low; not that she would ever approve of herself mourning (after all, she killed it with her own hands. she never had a right to begin with, so what made her think that she would now?). for the sake of being in front of someone, though, she tries her best to hold back the tears that would have threatened to form. instead, she takes a deep breath and vehemently shakes her head. "n-n-no!" her voice cracks between her stutters, prompting a soft blush to arise at her cheeks. "i-it's okay! r-really! i-i'm over it!" a lie, but he was trying so hard. [break][break]

she takes a glance at the gengar; yup, still surfing around in the trees and the shadows. the young woman pauses to watch, then gently rubs the back of her neck to lower her voice "really..?" she asks, as if in some form of disbelief. she's about to follow up, until she sees the sudden illusion of a larger, ferocious pokemon coming out. her gengar had the mind to dark pulse first, question later. the attack causes a glitch in what looked to be a rather weak illusion, came a zorua who began to use fake tears to deceive the trainers. [break][break]

wendy seemed to be put off guard, but she gradually began to approach the little pokemon as it began to cry. "i-i'm sorry.." she starts to apologize. as she approaches it, however, the zorua tried to give wendy another freight by taking the illusion of a gengar's face. this alone was enough to get a scream from the young woman as she fell onto her behind, scuttling back and away from the fox trickster as quickly as possible. "eek!" she squeaks, trying to scuttle to orion on all fours. er.. how could she get rid of it? get it out of her face? [break][break]

o-oh! she had pokeballs, right? so if she caught it, it would be gone, right? right?![break][break]

no time to confirm that. wendy quickly pulled out a pokeball from her satchel, and chucks it at the zorua like her life depended on it. [break][break]

though her life was a stretch, her heart most definitely wasn't.

[break][break]
capture attempt on zorua

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2019 14:02:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
orion passes on ledyba, too distracted to notice it

Orion's heart twists with something like pity. In spite of the anguish that was clear in her expression — though Orion had no idea as to the true reasons for it — the young woman seemed more concerned with reassuring him than being comforted herself. Oh, he really wished he was better at this kind of thing!

He follows her gaze to the shadowy Pokemon, if only so he doesn't have to look at her fractured expression any longer. He's opened his mouth to respond to the question when several things happen at once: a figure appears from the darkness, the Gengar attacks, and the pitiful cries of its victim fill the night air.

Orion recognizes a Zorua, knows they're notorious for disguise and deception. He winces, then shrugs off the move with some difficulty. It's OK, he tells himself, looking away from the crafty dark-type, it's still conscious, the Gengar couldn't have hurt it that bad, it just wants pity—

Wendy's scream startles him.

He snaps out of it like he'd been slapped and turns his head toward the scene. There's two Gengar, now — no, no, one of them is the Zorua, that's right. He opens his mouth to tell Wendy as much, but she's got a Pokeball in hand and she's thrown it before he can get the words out. He watches as it hits the Pokemon but doesn't wait to see if it's been captured, instead rushing over to Wendy. He offers a hand to help her to her feet, concern evident in the furrow of his brow.

"Oh — I never got your name, miss...?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 6:49:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

in response, she hesitantly takes her hand to pull herself back up. it'd be rude to turn it down, after all.. right? yeah, it would be. and she didn't want to be rude, did she? that would only cause more trouble than it was worth. she pulls herself up, and tries to give herself a breather. it seems like the pokemon liked to come out at night, the most? gods.. what a wonderful time to be wandering out like this. she was only grateful that the person she ran into seemed to be nice. [break][break]

after brushing the dirt and dust off her skirt, she tries to straighten herself out. the clefable at her side tries to soothe her with its presence and, thankfully, it did help to an extent. "my n-name.." she stutters, beginning to press her fingers together "w-.. wendy.." she speaks softly, trailing into a whisper near the end. "i'm really sorry.. i-i'm such a mess.." though the tears don't well up in her eyes this time, her voice lowers into a more apologetic tone. [break][break]

"i-i don't even know your name a-and you're being nice.."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 14:59:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
notes

She introduces herself as Wendy, seeming even more embarrassed and flustered than before. Orion wants to help her feel more comfortable in his presence, but... how? It seemed that no matter what he did, he was only making their situation worse.

This is why he didn't talk to people.

"No need to apologise," he assures her, though he doesn't think it'll make a difference. She must've apologised a thousand times since he'd snapped at her, and he was the one that had been a jerk. "My name's Orion."

He'd mentioned it earlier, but it had quickly been followed by the Gengar question which — in retrospect, he wasn't surprised she'd skipped that little detail over.

He looks around to make sure they aren't about to be beset upon by any more aggressive Pokemon before glancing back to Wendy and tilting his head. "Did you want me to walk back to... was it Verdanturf you were going to say, earlier?" It was the closest thing to what she'd said, so he makes a wild guess. "The Pokemon seem to be really active tonight, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga