6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2019 17:59:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a loud cry rings in the darkness of the sky. the sound of wings flapping could be heard as they run away from the source, startled and perhaps intimidated by its mere sound.

the number of victims were only progressively getting larger, each night having an exponentially higher count than the previous. the taste of their prey only makes them crave for more, becoming more destructive as countermeasures were set up to stop these attacks. despite the owner's efforts, it wasn't enough.

tonight was thought to have the biggest raid that the farm was supposed to experience. kyle sits in front of the herd, providing them their only defense against the wild pokemon.

kyle only has the flames from his mightyena's maw and the lights from the barn behind him as lighting. only two of his trusted dark-types were out on the field, facing against an unknown number of predators ravenous enough to prey on livestock. one was to act light source while the other was to buy enough time for kyle to release his other pokemon should he need them.

"get ready," he tells his pokemon.

as soon as the words left his mouth, the bushes just beyond the fenced area of the farm rustles. a large, rabid pokemon comes to charge straight at kyle, closing the distance between them in no time.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2019 23:26:17 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"snatch 'n kill, sceptile!" within a quick attack, sceptile moved with haste. intercepting the mightyena and the assailant with a leaf blade, the attacker would come to be thrown back. "dragonite, shed some light with flamethrower!" as the attacker attempted to retreat, it was cutoff by a fiery moat from above.

the attacker would come to be revealed: obstagoon.

"we're here!" riding on dragonite's back. mateo would come to jump from above and land beside kyle. lightly, he'd smack him upon the back of his head. "made it just in time for the fun, what's up?" dragonite would land beside kyle's mightyena's, greeting them with a merry smile.

turning toward the trespasser. mateo would come to see a never before seen pokemon. "what the hell is that?!" he exclaimed in awe. it was weird looking. it had the look of a mightyena. "did one of your mightyena's mutate? what did you give it?" little did mateo know that didn't belong to kyle nor was it a mightyena.

notes: hi gamer.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 3:02:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle eases up from being tense as soon as mateo and his pokemon show up. "can you take over now so i don't have to do anything?" he wasn't serious however, and doesn't expect a response.

"i... have one of those things, but that one isn't mine."

the first thing he got after the embargo on galarian pokemon was lifted was to obtain one of his own. a galarian zigzagoon wasn't special just like the the hoenn variant, though they do evolve an additional stage to differentiate themselves.

he moves in to inspect the obstagoon. it doesn't make sense for the farm to get worried over a single pokemon. more movement could be heard from the trees beyond the farm. "wait, this is just their scout," he continues his thoughts verbally. "there's more."

kyle quickly turns to his mightyena, pointing a finger at the direction. "alpha, hyper beam!"

the attack reaches the distance. a whimper from a wild pokemon is heard, but what comes after makes the preemptive attack obsolete. more pour out from the darkness of the night, running on all fours with tongues salivating from their wooloo hunger. they were numerous based on sound alone, though their dark pelts may hide more numbers than what their snarls and growls might suggest.

"i didn't brought the right 'mons for this!"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 3:40:13 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"there's more?!" he was hoping there was just one. this wasn't exactly a night he was hoping to get himself involved in. he thought he was just here to take care of one measly trespasser, not a horde. "oh shut up and just get ready to fight!" if only he'd brought kommo-o. luckily it wasn't ht end of the world, for he had a few powerhouses in his back pocket.

"you just cover us, doggy bag! everyone, out!" he'd call upon the aid of his noivern and altaria to assist dragonite, sceptile, and kyle's pokemon. "i'm so excited, time to kick up some ruckus." grabbing hold of a necklace that dangled around his neck. mateo would snicker with excitement, "mega evolve, sceptile!" in a flashing light sceptile's form would come to shift, transitioning him into a mega evolved pokemon.

"sceptile, dragonite kick their ass! altaria and noivern, make sure to back kyle's group!" turning toward kyle, he'd gloat, "look at sceptile's new form. talk about bad ass, right-right?" this was his first time actually putting the mega form to use. "we should be done with this in less than an hour now!"

notes: go 2 hell.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 5:54:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gives a resigned sigh, not even willing to put up a fight. "sure, sure." it was clear that he was just being indulging though.

his hands smoothly slides through his pokeballs by his holster, releasing the remaining four consecutively with one motion. thinking of what they can do in this scenario was useless. throwing out random moves at the horde was their best bet.

the moment mateo livens up, kyle gets worried. "wait, you better not--" he stops when mateo mega evolves his sceptile. this was his first time seeing mateo's favorite pokemon mega evolve, but this wasn't exactly his first time seeing mega evolutions either. being in that dream, experiencing a lot of them happen, and having said mega pokemon die before him kinda kills the hype.

"y-yeah. it's very... cool." the comment makes him too distracted to remember what he was going to say. "anyways," he stares at his group of mightyena, "ready the attacks. we have meat shields now."

alpha and charlie readies their hyper beam. foxtrot fires off a hyper beam of his own with me first. echo releases his hyper voice.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 6:26:00 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"says the asshole using a reckless move that can leave you immobilized!" turning toward the battlefield, he'd shout, "noivern, protect the hyper beam users! altaria, give us a moonblast!" as obstagoon would attempt to fight, their ranks would be divided by the hyper beam and moonblast. while that was happening, noivern would take the time to use supersonic to confuse some of them.

while the battle to the protect the farm was ongoing. mateo would turn to kyle, arms risen over his head nonchalantly, "you know something, watching all of this, i kinda wish there was a tournament happening." fighting strong trainers sounded fun. normally tournaments brought the best of the best together. "been here for so long i've yet to actually see these guys host one. you think we can run a tournament?" he'd ask, casually making conversation while their pokemon fought.

"also, how the hell did you get one of those things?" mateo never even knew they existed. so seeing that obstagoon kinda freaked him out. he was pretty much expecting to have nightmares about it. "that thing looks like the mutated version of a mightyena." mateo would shudder at the thought. "hopefully i don't run into those things on a walk one day. i feel like i'll get mugged."

notes: random convo

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 17:00:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why else do you think i have my protect users standby?" the way he says it has a certain quizzing tone on it. "besides, it's just like i said, we have meat shields. nothing to be afraid of."

he now eyes his now jobless mightyena. "if you're going to do the protecting then..." he points a finger towards the crowd. "bravo, foxtrot, play rough. delta, rock smash. let loose!" the four went on with a unified howl before jumping to the fray, weaving through the crowds for a brawl.

mateo brings a curious point afterwards. it brings kyle to scratch the back of his head as he decides on how to word an explanation behind it. "there's barely anyone that challenges gyms. many of the ones that do come from other regions even. i think there's not just enough interest in the competitive scene for the league to hold one." he turns to mateo and then sighs, shrugging.

"and the obstagoon? i got one after the galarian embargo was lifted. apparently it evolves from their regional variant of zigzagoon and they're as common as the zigzagoon here in hoenn, so it wasn't that hard to find someone to give me one." he lets his sources go unnamed.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 6:09:35 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"there was an emba--" pausing he'd turn back to the battle, "noivern, they're confused, go in, go in; altaria, back'em up"! back to kyle he'd casually return to the conversation. "there was an embargo?" he didn't know anything about the galar region. hell, he didn't even know about the recent pokemon he acquired. "speakin' of weird pokemon, i caught these weird looking dragons!" an ecstatic smile was worn due to the joviality on his discovery.

"there's this weird metal thing that--get this--is a dragon! gramps told me that it's called a...a..." he thought about it for a moment, he had a lot of names to memorize. "i think it's called a dura....cell? maybe dura...ble...?" he knew it had 'dura' in it. he just wasn't exactly sure on the name. "anyway, it's a weirdly abnormal dragon! the things metallic and all, talk about insane!" he was definitely going to have to show it off the next time kyle came to visit.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 16:03:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...you don't read the news, don't you?"

it doesn't really surprise kyle. the boy hangs out on mountains and forests for some reason, and it's clear to kyle that he probably doesn't care much about anything that does not involve any of his juvenile interests. can't blame him though since he would've been the same had the rocket invasion not changed his perspective on things.

mateo starts to name pokemon he doesn't have a clue about. even if he knows what it is, he guesses he wouldn't have known anyways with how vague he was with describing it.

"i didn't really care about galar until now to be honest. and that duracell thing's probably from there too."

he scratches his head as a thought comes to mind from the conversation. maybe he should start learning about the faraway region's native pokemon if he has to face trainers with mons from that place.

"you know what we should do? let's get your duracell thing to fight my obstagoon." his head pans over to the chaos that they decided to ignore in favor of small talk. "do you think duracell-chan's useful in a fight?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 4:55:00 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"don't call it '-chan' you fuckin' weeb." the duraludon was still a new discovery for mateo. he wasn't exactly sure what that thing was capable of. "the thing's hard as hell, but light on its feet. i wanna see how touch it is, so that sounds like a good idea!" he never had a steel-type pokemon before, so this was new to him. "i wonder what steel-type are able to learn..." he thought about it briefly, "this is gonna be my first time dabbling in that type."

he was pretty excited. "i bet it's got some cool special attack that's yet to be discovered! oh man, fairy pokemon beware because duracell's comin' to kick your asses!" he was ecstatic. "it's the perfect pokemon to serve as a shield on our team!" all this talk about duraludon was making him more excited than need be. "oh yeah! you call it an obstagoon, right? is it strong?? that thing looks like it packs some fighting-type abilities." and when it came to pokemon, like duraludon, looks could be deceiving. "i still can't believe duracell's a dragon-type..."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 15:02:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"perfect shield?" he repeats, a hint mischief in his voice. "you better not be sleeping on my boy turtonator."

now that he mused about it though, the combination of steel- and fire-typing were indeed much better than turtonator's.

"i feel you though. it's kinda like how you don't realize lucario isn't a steel-type based on appearance."

mateo's childish excitement over getting a new pokemon is evident, not unlike an ten year old getting a new game for christmas. kyle doesn't want to be called out for showing the same behavior towards his hobbies though, so he keeps his mouth shut about it.

"the obstagoon's... okay, i guess. i haven't really used him yet. he looks fluffy enough to be used as a bed though, so i'm not really sure about his performance in battle." kyle's questionable criteria on the pokemon he likes comes to light once again. "there's only one way to find out though."

kyle peers over to where the chaos is happening.

"are they done yet?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 22:28:15 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"hey, turtonator's great but he isn't an 'absolute' shield." that thing was a walking landmine if he were to be honest. listening intently as he spoke, mateo watched as their pokemon continued fight. "oooh..." he murmured, responding to kyle. "i'unno, dragonite's kinda swinging one by the tail and slamming it into the other one." cusping his hands together, he'd shout, "i thought i told you to stop doing that!?" scratching his head, he'd say, "i don't even know where he learned that!"

looks like something he would've seen on wrestling. "it looks like they should be wrapping up soon," mateo alerted. looking away from the battle, he'd continue on with his random talks. "i'm worried about bryony. she's been so cooped up in the family library these days that i rarely see her." he wondered if her illness was getting to her, "also, can you score me some more tickets to eve? i wanna take noelle out for a bit, she keeps bugging me about how," he'd use air quotes with a mocking tone, "'we don't go out enough' or some bull and i want her off my back."

notes: random convo while the pokemon fight

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 22:47:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh."

like a bitter pill to swallow, it takes him a second to recover and continue his statement. he hides it by looking disgruntled, grumbling, turning his head to the side and then scratching his head.

"consider it done. best i can do is reserve front row tickets though. i think she'd yell at me if i ask for it for free. she already gets mad at me for abusing our friendship for things like this."

he takes out his phone and starts composing a message to eve. her busy schedule leads him leaving no time to hang out, with their schedules often conflicting each other on the rare moments that she gets to have free time. contacting her through text was probably his best bet.

as soon as he finishes, he stuffs his phone back to his pocket, not expecting an immediate reply from her. he lifts his head back at mateo, and then pointing a finger at him.

"you owe me, okay?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
dark night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 22:51:27 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

a hand was brought between the duo. "i got it, i got it!" a snicker was uttered. turning to face the group, he'd hear their pokemon call out to the duo. "oh! it's done!" rushing over, he'd run to check on everyone's progress. "nice job, nice job!" ruffling one of the mightyena's head and fist bumping sceptile. mateo would turn back to kyle just as the sun was arising, "let's go grab something to eat. i'm in the mood for pancakes!" though it took sometime, the mission was a success!

notes: fin