laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 3:21:44 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]

[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

@monty [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]

mission

Apparently, the Ponyta that Florian had received as a reward from the last job he'd taken had been pretty damn close to evolving... and when it had, well, it didn't look like any Rapidash Florian had ever seen. It wasn't on fire, for one, and its luxurious mane was colored in pastel purples and greens. His Pokedex had informed him that it was now a fairy-type, and the excitable professor had nearly leaped out of his skin.[break][break]

Now, he rides into Petalburg on the back of a literal unicorn, his Sylveon bounding after the pair with excited yips and squeals. He feels like some kind of storybook hero as he dismounts in front of the house and offers the owners a sheepish smile.[break][break]

"I am here about the bugs! They are inside, no?"[break][break]

After ogling his Rapidash for a moment — and yes, all right, Florian was showing off, who could blame him? — they gesture nervously toward their garage. They've called the rangers, apparently, and back-up is on its way if Florian wants to wait around.[break][break]

"Oh, I am sure I can handle some bugs!" the Kalosian insists cheerfully, only to hear the horrific hum of an entire swarm of Beedrill coming from behind the garage door. He quickly steps back against his Rapidash's flank, blinking. "Or, ah, perhaps I will wait for your ranger friend. That is not a thing I ought to brave on my own." He's brave, but he isn't stupid. He turns to see a stranger on approach, smiles at him and offers a wave. "Allo, Monsieur, might you be the ranger that was promised? There are a lot more Beedrill in this garage than I had originally thought!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 16:33:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty2"]

[attr="class","montyicon"]

[attr="class","monty"]

[attr="class","montytag"]

[attr="class","montywords"]

Monty just stared. There was so much to take in. This guy just glides in on the prettiest Rapidash -- at least it looked like one, maybe it was a variation? The Galarian variation most likely, since those were new to him and everything else he'd learned at least partially before.[break][break]

"I... am that ranger."[break][break]

Interrupting himself was a habit of his, a bad one. He took in a deep breath as if the infestation problem didn't matter.[break][break]

"Where did you find that beautiful creature??"[break][break]

With how rapidly the question came out, Monty probably wasn't even understood. He didn't care. He was too busy quickly moving over to the gorgeous majestic creature and grinning.[break][break]

"Please tell me this gorgeous specimen is psychic."[break][break]

Something like a stiff caught had Monty twitching to attention. That was their client, clearing their throat and pointing toward the area that was infested.[break][break]

"Can you oodle over all that while you get ta work please?"[break][break]

Monty narrowed his eyes. The true pests were the ones who were being impatient and causing Monty seconds without looking at this new beauty. Now that he was a little miffed, he simply flicked a premier ball out from his backpack and released his Chandelure, Gala, as he marched toward the bug problem.[break][break]

"I assure you, I'll be drilling you with questions as much as I possibly can."

[attr="class","montypokes"]

[newclass=.monty] width: 410px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: roboto; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty b] font-size: 11px; color: #DEA20C; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty h1] font-size: 12px; color: #DEA20C; font-style: italic; display: inline-block; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty2] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon] float: right; position: absolute; margin-top: 110px; margin-left: 315px; border: 10px solid #373737; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #272727; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px; height:70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montywords] overflow: auto;height: 150px; padding: 25px; padding-right: 135px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px; width: 250px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px [/newclass] [newclass=.montypokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 5px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 5px [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 16:56:38 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

@monty [break][break]

[break]

FORGIVE THE RAMBLE, he got excited

Florian's eyes light up at the question, and he momentarily forgets about the job in his excitement. "Ah, she was a gift! A reward, I suppose, for a job well done! It was not until she evolved that she came to look this way." Florian strokes her neck, smiling, and Laverre tosses her mane. She's a bit of a show-off herself, as it turns out. "I am thinking it is all the Galarian energy about."[break][break]

He claps his hands together and beams wide. "She is, yes! She is also a fairy, as it turns out."[break][break]

Apparently their client had no patience for the men and their fawning, and Florian's cheeks flush as he ducks his head apologetically. "Ah, of course, my apologies!"[break][break]

Their curt interruption seems to have irked the green-haired ranger, but Florian is unaffected as he turns toward the garage. The threatening drone of Beedrill alarms him far less when he sees the Pokemon the ranger has released. "Ah, a Fire-type, très bien! My darlings shall support you how they can!" Joli bounds forward with a trill of confirmation, the Sylveon's love ball forever empty at his trainer's hip. His Comfey emerges from a friend ball, the little Pokemon clutching its string of flowers within a delicate grasp. "Set up the field for us, my dear," Florian instructs of the Comfey.[break][break]

Jonquille gives a little twirl in reply, and the grassy lawn on either side of the drive flourishes and takes on a vibrant hue. The enhanced grassy terrain seems to invigorate the flower Pokemon.[break][break]

"She can cure poisons and keep your Pokemon at the peak of health!" Dropping his voice, he says with a secret smile, "And now that we are out of earshot, you are free to ask whatever questions you wish! Florian Laurel, at your service."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 17:45:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty2"]

[attr="class","monty"]

Très bien, eh? Kalos, then. Monty was from Unova, where a flux of people from different regions seemed to live and breath and call home. Namely in his hometown, the smack middle of Unova. Although Monty had traveled enough and read enough to know a Kalosian when he saw one.[break][break]

"Psychic/fairy, hm?"[break][break]

The typing was interesting and the idea that the energy in the region may cause some of the pokemon to become a different variant made absolute sense. So much sense, it was sort of concerning. What brought the energy with it? No Pokemon from one region had enough energy to change other species unless it was a very powerful, very legendary, sort of Pokemon...[break][break]

Mental note to ask somebody important about that. Maybe he'd approach the head researcher, , or something.[break][break]

"Florian, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."[break][break]

The thought of speaking a bit of Kalosian to Florian had crossed Monty's mind, but he didn't want to get carried away. He was a hobbyist of a researcher himself, and the idea that the Galarian energy was coursing through the region at such an extreme was going to be on his mind for days to come.[break][break]

"I think it's astonishing."[break][break]

Raising a considering hand to his chin, he waved to dismiss Chandelure to take care of the annoying bees all by herself, one

inferno

to the place would be enough to scare the bugs away. He knew she didn't need his guidance in such a menial task.[break][break]

"What in creation could have brought that much energy with it from Galar? Even the pseudo-legendaries that may have been imported would bring enough energy to cause species born in Hoenn to transform. Not unless something else, something much stronger, has come to make sure their subjects are kept safe and sound."

[newclass=.monty] width: 410px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: roboto; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty b] font-size: 11px; color: #DEA20C; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty h1] font-size: 11px; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; display: inline-block; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty2] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon] float: right; position: absolute; margin-top: 110px; margin-left: 315px; border: 10px solid #373737; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #272727; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px; height:70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montywords] overflow: auto;height: 150px; padding: 25px; padding-right: 135px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px; width: 250px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px [/newclass] [newclass=.montypokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 5px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 5px [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 18:12:05 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

@monty [break][break]

[break]

notes

Florian tilts his head with a thoughtful frown, uncharacteristically silent for once as he considers the other's words. In all of his excitement at having a literal unicorn as one of his Pokemon, he hadn't really stopped to think about how it had came to be. The ranger was right — if it was as simple as a bit of energy, there would be plenty more of the psychic-type Ponyta running about.[break][break]

"You raise a fair point," he concedes, nodding. His eyes are on the Chandelure as Monty sends it in the direction of the garage, but his mental focus is entirely elsewhere. "You are thinking perhaps of a true legend?"[break][break]

He didn't know anything about Hoenn's local legends, let alone those from Galar, but growing up in Kalos had imparted knowledge of the region's myths. He had taken particular interest in Xerneas and its supposed connection to the fairy typing, but what stories he had uncovered in his studies all seemed chalked up to just that — stories. He likes to believe that such powerful Pokemon exist, however, and so he smiles at the idea.[break][break]

"I may not know how she came to be, but my Laverre is a blessing, for sure." He glances back over his shoulder at the majestic Rapidash, currently grazing upon the vivid grasses of their client's lawn. They do not look impressed. Florian turns back, pretending not to have noticed. "I am fortunate to — oh, that is a lot of bees."[break][break]

As the garage door is opened, the buzzing grows loud enough to nearly drown out his words, and Florian takes a subconscious step back as they immediately swarm the Chandelure. True to Florian's direction, Jonquille readies an aromatherapy to deal with any negative effects of the Beedrill's stings. Should Gala look any worse for wear, the Comfey would use her triage ability to quickly perform some boosted floral healing on the ghostly chandelier. Though he dare not get so close to the poisonous bugs, Joli supports from afar by firing a swift barrage of energy toward one of the bugs.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 18:36:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty2"]

[attr="class","monty"]

Seeing the barrage of bees had Monty refocusing his mental efforts. He was sure to leave a small mental reminder to get back to looking into the matter when he was safe and sound back home.[break][break]

"Don't waste my time, Gala."[break][break]

Although he sounded impatient, his words spurred Gala on. As her candelabras began growing, suddenly a fire spewed from her, surrounding the main beedrill and causing the others to question their movements as the flames engulfed the 'leader.' At least, the one who had been leading the charge.[break][break]

"Well done Gala!"[break][break]

The cheer brought out a twist and turn from Gala, showing herself off a bit as she watched the flames lick and whip around the beedrills. Her hovering frame simply bounced around, as if daring a beedrill to come toward her, purple fire flickering one her wicks.[break][break]

"Thanks for your help,"[break][break]

Monty began the casual conversation again, now that the beedrills were starting to make their way, well, away. Monty released his Claydol, Chasm.[break][break]

"Damage control, please."[break][break]

The Claydol twisted and spun, whipping around near the fire as he created a small and controlled sandstorm with the beedrills that remained, huffing out the fire but also making those damned bees dizzy enough to hopefully go away. Both Chasm and Gala were careful not to target any of Florian's pokemon in their assaults.[break][break]

"Usually she's a little quicker with her Inferno... must have been excited about the Rapidash as well."

[newclass=.monty] width: 410px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: roboto; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty b] font-size: 11px; color: #DEA20C; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty h1] font-size: 11px; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; display: inline-block; [/newclass] [newclass=.monty2] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon] float: right; position: absolute; margin-top: 110px; margin-left: 315px; border: 10px solid #373737; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montyicon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #272727; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px; height:70px; width: 70px [/newclass] [newclass=.montywords] overflow: auto;height: 150px; padding: 25px; padding-right: 135px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px; width: 250px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px [/newclass] [newclass=.montytag a] text-decoration: none; color: #DEA20C; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px [/newclass] [newclass=.montypokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 5px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 5px [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 0:22:53 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

@monty [break][break]

[break]

he's such a softie

Florian glances over to the ranger with surprise at the impatience in his tone. He opens his mouth on an instinct to defend the poor Pokemon — she was facing an entire group of Beedrill, what more did this guy want from her? — when the dual-type springs into action and lights up the bugs with a blazing inferno. Florian closes his mouth, settling a little when Monty congratulates her.[break][break]

Maybe that's just how they operate, he tells himself, though he can't help but to be troubled by it. He's a gentle spirit; some might say he's too soft.[break][break]

Jonquille dances back on the breeze to give her newfound allies room to operate as the Claydol is released, the flowering fairy-type glowing with energy as she continues her healing.[break][break]

"Oh, of course. I wish only that we could have been of more help, but my darlings and I don't usually take part in battles." The angry buzzing grows faint as the majority of the infestation is driven off, a few stragglers hovering about in a confused daze thanks to the sandstorm. "I volunteered because I have some experience with bug Pokemon, but I admit I was not expecting something this... intense." He gestures vaguely to the retreating swarm. "So I suppose I should be thanking you, no?" He smiles at the ranger, whose name he still didn't know. "To whom do I owe this gratitude?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 14:59:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","monty2"]

[attr="class","monty"]

What was Florian going on about now? It sort of made Monty blush. He was pretty sure he should be flattered but he just felt a bit embarrassed. Yes, he considered himself a seasoned trainer. Yes, he'd been told he should be a gym leader. No, he would never do it because he couldn't settle on a type, due to his massive appeal for his own personal aesthetic versus the aesthetic of a certain type.[break][break]

To ignore the blush on his own cheeks, he decided to introduce himself with a polite smile and by extending his hand to Florian, Gala and Chasm controlling the threat and officially neutralizing it behind them.[break][break]

"Monty Conway, Ranger... cadet."[break][break]

He really would have liked a better title, but he needed to work himself up in the ranks a little better.[break][break]

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Florian. I apologize for not putting my introduction before my piqued interest."

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 0:48:30 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

@monty [break][break]

[break]

he's such a softie

Florian finds it endearing as the color rises in the other's cheeks; he himself was easily flustered by compliments and praise, so he found that he could relate.[break][break]

Monty holds out his hand and Florian shakes it. Florian's hands are soft and his grip gentle. Delicate, like everything else about him.[break][break]

"No need to apologise!" he ensures him brightly. "Were our roles reversed, I assure you I would be equally enamored! I am a professor, it is my job to get overly excited about such things." He grins, and there's something playful in it. "It was a pleasure to work with you."[break][break]

A derisive snort from behind catches Florian's attention, and he turns to see Laverre looking down her nose at one of the individuals trying to stop her from grazing on their lawn. His lip twitches in amusement that he's doing his best to hide. "I had best diffuse that situation before it gets worse, no? Take care, Ranger Conway!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
infestation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 18:04:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Situation defused, name learned, contact. Monty knew for sure he'd contact Florian the next time he needed something research-related, if only because he didn't have the courage or self-esteem at the moment to go to with any of his ideas. That man terrified him, if only because he was such a genius in his knowledge and rank that it was terrifying to think Monty could offer Lucas any information he wouldn't already be aware of.

"Well,"

Turning to his Pokemon, he takes a deep breath and returns Gala, placing a hand on his Claydol with a smile.

"Suppose it's time we head back to the station and give the report..."

Though by the sounds of it, the two weren't all that happy about the 'burn' damage. Well, maybe they should get over it, in Monty's opinion. But then again, he'd likely get scolded for leaving the client in a tissy.