BURNOUT

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 1:18:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","grawords"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa raises her free hand to rub at the back of her neck, before nodding. "Mm, fair enough. Wouldn't want you to do anything out of the ordinary." Najwa teases, before pressing her finger into the muscle just between her shoulder blade and neck, hard.
[break][break]
"I should buy one of those neck massagers, you know..." She gestures. "The ones that just hang over?"

[attr="class","grapokes"]

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.grawords b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 1:40:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"If you want some then we can get some. Don't stop yourself on my accord," he insists, pointing his fork at her. Watching her wedge her finger into her neck conveys just how much of an ache she has. It almost makes him want to roll his neck as well but he refrains from giving into the reflex.

"I used to get neck pain all the time before I started paying attention to my posture and ergonomic design," he chimes in, trying to add to the small talk. "Having a professional loosen you up really alleviates the tightness. I used to have someone visit daily just to massage my neck and back when I was younger."

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 1:45:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Snorting a laugh, Najwa shakes her head, rolling her eyes. "Of course, but that won't help me late at night, right this moment, will it?" She smirks and digs into her food quietly, taking a few bites.
[break][break]
"Did they show you any techniques to help alleviate pain while you're not able to be seen by your therapist?" She asks curiously, because she's actually quite in pain.

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:18:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You'd be surprise. If you know the right people with the right price, there's a lot you can get done." Fernando smirks for a second, his attempt at holding a serious expression before breaking out into a mild laugh. "It was back in Kanto but generally they came whenever with reasonable notice. As for learning anything— hmmm." He ponders for a moment, trying to recall, before grimacing.

"I vaguely remember but I'm no expert. There's a certain way they pushed and tugged at me that felt like they were smoothing out muscle."

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:31:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa blinks and watches him laugh, perking up for a second. Oh? A sense of humour again? She grins back and shrugs, before tapping at her neck.
[break][break]
"Alright, then. Show me what you've got." Najwa laughs more, before continuing to eat. She's only teasing, but it's fun to poke and prod at him to see what makes him tick, considering how he normally is during the day time.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:35:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Are you serious?" Fernando already knows the answer to his rhetorical question but blurts it out anyway. He looks back down at his plate, almost finished and back at her. "How about we finish up, wash up, and I guess I'll give it a go." Doing so now feels interuptive and Fernando has his own odd tendencies with doing things mid-meal. It also buys him time to look up a few blurbs about what he's about to do before he fails spectacularly.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:48:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

"Okay." She smiles and shrugs, before gesturing to their meal and continuing to eat. She wonders, briefly, if he'll actually go through with it. He definitely doesn't seem the type... But of course, people did surprising things when they were sleep deprived.
[break][break]
She finishes her own plate and tucks it into the dish washer after rinsing it, taking a sip of the coffee that she's still got left in her cup.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 4:58:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando follows suit, rinsing his dish before stocking it right behind Najwa's. He closes the dish washer before going back for his coffee, taking a few large gulps before pouring the small remainder down the sink. He opts for water this time, just enough to wet his mouth before turning off the faucet and drying his hands.

"Did you still want something sweet?"

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 5:03:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa shrugs and sips her coffee some more, before dumping the rest out. She rinses the sink afterwards, and sighs through her nose. "Nah, I'm okay. Let's head back?" She points down towards the hallway her office is in. Time to get back to the grind. After a massage, it seems.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 5:09:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "After you," he states, standing in place until she passes him by and lead him back to her office. Only now, having enjoyed his momentary break, does Fernando pull out his phone to check several things. He goes through his notification with an expert speed, used to years of rotating through them with muscle memory, before searching about a topic that he has no idea about. Eyes flirt across his screen and he skims through the text with only a few speckles of details, surmising enough from the words in-between.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2019 16:12:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Watching as Fernando checks his phone, Najwa pulls out her own and does the same, only her texts aren’t work related. As she checks them off — about a dozen from her mother, a couple from Kim and other random friends — she sighs through her nose and rubs her eyes sleepily. "I’ll probably clock out after the next few sequences. I have to head to Kalos and I still haven’t packed. Visiting my mother." Not that she was looking forward to it. She would much rather stay and continue working.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 8:05:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "That's quite last minute to be packing. Carrying light, I assume?" Fernando says that in gest but there's some truth to it. While he's never had an issue with procrastinating before trips, there are few that have the same privilege of outright purchasing whatever they need.

"If that's the case, maybe it would be better to leave you to catch some sleep before you head out?"

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:23:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

"Perhaps." Najwa frowns, thinking about the visit. She's not entirely looking forward to it. All she needs to bring is her essentials - her mother has duplicates of everything she would normally bring on a trip.
[break][break]
"I suppose I should get some rest. She can be quite a lot to deal with." She laughs dryly, it's short and holds no joy. "I'll see you on Monday?" Najwa looks at him, expectantly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 2:10:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh. Well then, have a safe and quick trip then." The conversation becomes awkward, not entirely due to the sudden revelation but also due to Fernando's own inability to relate considering his familial ties. He still keeps composed and nods his head, smiling faintly and maintaining eye contact.

"Monday then. Have a good night, Miss Essam."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:04:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

"I will." Najwa smiles softly. She gives a small wave, and turns back to head to her office, collecting her things.
[break][break]
On her way out, she smiles at him and leans against his office door. "Don't work too hard, Fernando. Even you need sleep sometimes. Or at least to lay in a bed." She laughs and waves. "Bye." With that, she leaves the floor.