8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 6:02:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh. then you are in for a treat."

the sound of a cork popping resounds in the background. fernando returns no sooner than he left, a glass in each hand. he offers her one, naturally, and keeps one for his own. his back is against the wall, settled into place, giving him a moment to appreciate her figure. "so, min, what do you do?" she looks better when he's sober. almost good enough to eat.

@min
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 9:50:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

delicately fingers cupped the glass. her bashfulness for being entangled in her own thoughts left the gaze downward, tasting the wine in a few measly sips. min wasn't adept in every layer of change that set each drink apart. however— she did know extravagant tastes when given the opportunity.

this was surely a treat.

the extent to each hint lengthened till the glass was nearly empty. she should've been just the slightest more wary. remembrance was most significance in this moment than it was to forget. "its..." exhaling after the last trace, she wiped the remaining moisture from her lips, "it's good." min added with a smile.

just as mellow as before. the girl still tackled with voicing her feelings more precisely. more clearly. his query forewarned her of another tale she needed to create. trailing momentarily in touch just across the bridge of her nose, it was a hesitant gesture. "i'm... a photographer." after a moment she concluded what was reasonable.

"i-it's more of a self employment kind of deal. i do other odd jobs too."lies — maybe she truly longed for a life as normal as what settled in her mind.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 22:21:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"odd jobs?" now he's interested. a genuine curiosity propels him to probe deeper, to get a better understanding of the woman now inside his home. "like what?" his tone in inquisitive. it's all in earnest fun. but, that doesn't mean it won't drive her into a corner. the more lies she weaves the more complicated her web. without a firm, definitive statement, the base of her network will slowly collapses on top of itself. min leaves too many openings, ones that fernando can't avoid uprooting, even if it is unintentional.

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 1:41:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

breaking off the general eagerness of wanting to know more should've been taken quickly. instead— dazed by the fine tasting wine— left her rambling with a rather sheepish demeanor. it wasn't exactly the sort that was considered a misgiving in her words. the girl just seemed shy.

"some are just typical chores. i usually take care of pokemon— like babysitting almost." she explained, watching the jittery heels against the floor, "or i..." a finger traced the cheek, itching at it anxiously, "sometimes if they let me, i get to take part in the background music for pubs." truthfully— min was not as confident in doing so. the melodies rang in the absence of all that surrounded her. within her room, within the shower. only few had heard the girl quietly sing. there was no such future for street rat in the life of the arts.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 1:59:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh." his interest starts to fester once more. it's a bad problem and one that threatens to wind her up until she's had her fill in stories. fernando eyes the level of her glass and offers to fill it once more. now that they're home, there's no worry about becoming belligerent or abused. "what part of the music did you do? producing?" he pauses, breaking out into a smile. "or, if i had to guess, singing?"

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 2:53:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

min welcomes more of the drink. she know she shouldn't, but maybe its that sliver of civility that doesn't want to turn away the offer. it allows her to open up. unwinding further into this scheme to the point it might all come crashing down. she holds onto that however. even within the daze of the alcohol— her will is firmly rooted.

"y-yes," answering in the still audible mumble, she continues savoring on the taste. it is all that is keeping her nerves settled, "nothing to big. i've never really had the time or money to get fully invested in that." the breath exhaled, heavy with blunder for the memory, "just another dream that can't be reached." the competitive rise would simply swallow her whole.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 3:36:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"singing, huh?"

fernando finally takes the initiative to take a seat. he finds his place on the largest sofa in the room, leaving plenty of room for someone else. "money isn't a problem, if you have the talent." fernando's still on his first glass. his pace has been slower than hers, allowing him to sober up as she only gets drunker through the night. "at least, now it isn't. how about a song?"

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 4:39:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

cheeks arise the blossoming of one to many drinks. she regards the space left on the other end, however she does not yet sit. heels are carefully slipped from the feet— staggering nearly over with the glass still in hand. at least she still had the sensibility to place the object on the nearest surface. min clears her throat, settled before the one that was currently observant.

"i suppose," fingers grazed against the rivaling set, the gaze kept downward— the figure swaying left from right. a breath is taken in before she begins to sing. her poise builds throughout the tune. almost as if her true quality broke through the harmony. the clouded sightings staring upon whom might have been observing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 4:53:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando's stoic when she starts. and, ultimately, his expression bears no influence on her performance. only when she finishes does his expression change. he opens with a slow clap, stuck somewhere between forced and genuine. "that was good. exceptional. such a shame that you feel like you can't pursue it."

fernando takes another sip from his glass. it's about half empty now. he's pacing himself exquisitely, keeping sober enough to keep her in check. "at least as things are." he hints at something more but wait to gauge her reaction before prodding further.

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2018 1:06:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

melodies that departed into the mellow clapping, teased a smile upon her lips. it was a soft expression, responsive to the remark of the man who settled before her. something she figured— only courteous in indicating.

the dull tone quickly rejoined into something diverse from a genuine appeal. she felt a lump form in her throat, severing all breath till the point she'd barely realized it. min was caught in a daze, tearing herself from the commentary with an eventual stumble towards the couch.

"what do you mean?" she asks, but she does not look at him. her gaze faces the lap to her front, drowning into the distant mutter of the television.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2018 1:18:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"you simply need to find a backer. someone to sponsor you."

he says it like it's easy, with a matter of fact tone that promises only success. fernando follows her gaze, searching, eager to find what has her attention. when he cannot find anything worthwhile, he's left there to consider what's on her mind. the moment reminds him that he's parched. so he takes another sip, this one as fragrant as the last.

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 0:28:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she knows it's easy. maybe that's why it frustrates her so. the thought has her sinking further into the couch. her vision blurs slightly, like the rainy windows or the cool layer of fog. it obscures what she wishes to grasp onto.

"i wish," min says, the way she speaks is a mumble of in—coherency. she'd been so wary of her intake, but at this point her visions cascaded into something else. at this point— she'd barely noticed the buzz.

those golden eyes watch her fumbling fingers, wrestling reluctantly against one another. "my life is constantly in the ropes. even if i wanted to... it's just to late for me." there was no freedom for her. the affiliations had her on the edge of it all. lies, deceit and a mockery of kindness. by the time she'd made it so beneath the water, she'd hit the bottom. layer upon layer weighed heavily against her suffocated self.

it was just impossible to reach the top.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 20:11:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"that's unfortunate."

that's all he has to say on the manner. fernando has no sympathy for those that cannot accomplish their wants. he's a doer, a problem solver that conquers all obstacles. that's why his sentiments are nothing but fake obligations to those who whine of their misfortune. consoling others is only done to save him face. that's the only reason he allows min the chance to rant.

the rest of the night is uneventful. min is too far gone to make it home. unlike the predators of hoenn, he makes no move on the unconscious woman. he's no . there's a time and place, and a moral high ground on when to keep it in your pants. min will find herself awake in the guest room. allowed to faux freedom to leave on her own device. silph's security goes undetected. invisible.

it won't be until much later that fernando finds the irregularity in her past life.

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ENTRAPMENT
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 5:09:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the night is enduring in the slow cast. it stretches out, engulfing the pair till it fades into the dark skies. before she had time to discern the tug of slumber, her mind was already descending into the depth. there are a series of memories that flickered through her senseless state.

every shred so fleeting it dissipated on the blank current till she opened her eyes. she felt sore— but it was nothing of immediate concern. her first reaction was to jerk from the comfort of the unfamiliar room. it was then, that the pounding irritation made itself prominent in her head.

she shifted from the bed, cradling her crown all the while. there was a dryness in her mouth and sway in her step. these various dilemmas reminded her of the night before— they were all feeble dreads that started to grow on her.

the retreat from the room lightens those feelings. she is glad she remembers the outside from the moment they stepped within. the fact her delay for reporting back had treading over the desired time was the majority of her worry. min jotted down a note, presuming the silph was gone or either asleep.

she leaves quietly.