played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 21:39:33 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
She awoke. Her hands immediately went to her pockets; her eyes widened once she realised how empty they were. Then she remembered where she was, and what she had signed up for. When she’d begun her journey away from home, waking up with lightened pockets was the stuff of nightmares. Most everything she owned fit inside them, back then. Now she at least had enough to fit a backpack. ‘Now’ being in general, not at that exact moment. The gym challenge had left her with three Pokeballs, a flare and the slightly oversized clothes on her back.

She knew how to survive well enough, thanks to painful trial and error. The girl had escaped a war-torn region, and even then didn’t have a roof to call her own. Compared to that, how bad could a forest sleepover be?

The first step, as it almost always was, was to find shelter. The forest was too open. Too many altitudes for any unfriendly faces to find her, and there were unfriendly faces somewhere out there. That had been part of the deal, and perhaps the only reason she’d been allowed partners. The girl set off, Pokeball in hand, to find an escape from the cold and the wilds. Her steps were quiet, not just because she was small and travelled light, but because experience had taught her not to draw attention to herself.

A024dt3I

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 22:12:45 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
it's quiet

too quiet

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

NOTHING has come up yet, and the forest is silent. Unfortunately, the weather has been unforgiving and relentless; indeed, it would be wise to find some shelter within the trees and try to warm up as quickly as possible. As Annie Mei walks down the path, she eventually finds three paths stretching outwards. It's not too far, and the surrounding paths will give a good idea as to where each one leads. [break][break]

The path to the left leads down a craggy area, littered with rocks, the path to the right has soil that seems to have gone cold and has grown slightly damp, the path straight ahead leads deeper into the forest, where cut and slashed leaves litter the path.[break][break]

WHERE WILL YOU GO?
[break][break]

Please roll in the next post to determine your enemy.

[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 22:47:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
A fork on the road. The left could have led to a cave. Shelter… But for her, or an enemy? To the right, moisture. Could she survive the night without water, she thought? The damp in the darkness seemed to lead towards that, but it wasn’t a necessity – yet. Then there was the centre, darker still and disturbed by wild Pokemon. She saw no reason to go down that path.

She only kept still for a few seconds, knowing damn well how dangerous stopping in the darkness could be. She ventured down the rocky road, a quiet determination in her eyes. Along the way, she’d swipe loose branches off the ground; they’d be the start of a fire soon enough.

wqXywQ6C

wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 0:47:46 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

stay quiet

very quiet

As Annie walks down the rocky path, she approaches a cave. It's relatively small, but it's large enough to house her at least through the fierce winds and cold of the night. [break][break]

Thankfully, there are still twigs and sticks laying around from the forest, although there are a few pokemon who could possibly be sleeping further deeper. The noise made in the cave will echo; you can only pray that the sounds of flint and rocks clacking against each other won't awaken anything deeper in. [break][break]

A gust of wind followed by louder rustling of the leaves follow. It's strong enough to hit her back and push numerous other leaves and debris into the cave.[break][break]

Please roll in the next post

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 16:55:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
If a beast decided to follow her in (or something was already waiting for her), things were going to get ugly. It wasn’t as if Annie had many other options. The night was dark and full of terrors, and the weather would have her weak soon enough. She ventured into the cave, which could at least provide shelter and cover from her foes.

She didn’t venture far in before she set to work starting a fire, keeping the entrance in her sights. She needed to know if anything was coming in, and that her escape route was clear. She’d deal with the wind occasionally blowing in, as long as it wouldn’t stop her from making a small fire pit.

It was going to take a while. She’d been quick to secure matches when she’d fled home, and a little help from an electric Pokemon went a long way. Without those, and with the threat of wind to snuff out any flames, she had to rely on wood, dry leaves, one twig, and tireless hands. Friction would grant her a spark – eventually.

Xuwqn1Dt

wizz

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 20:12:21 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

KOKURI

attacks!

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

KOKURI - MOLD BREAKER[break]
scary face / taunt / dragon claw / slash / swords dance / outrage

She was unlucky. [break][break]

As Annie tries to start a fire, growls begin to rumble from deeper within the cave. The groaning and growls turn to stomping, and it seems to be getting closer. Her attempts to start a fire would, eventually, be successful, and light illuminated the cave just a little bit better. [break][break]

There, standing from deeper within the cave, was a HAXORUS that did not look at all too happy with an intruder who entered his cave. Yet, instead of attacking immediately, he kept his burning gaze at the young woman and the fire she started. He huffs. [break][break]

He doesn't growl nor let out a cry, almost out of consideration for the young woman's challenge. Instead, once he's grabbed her attention, he raises his claw to drop a SLASH upon her.

[break][break]

You have encountered the den pokemon: Haxorus. You may use your pokemon to battle it, or you may flee. Keep in mind that if you roll lower than 60, surrounding cave pokemon will wake up.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 16:32:23 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She hadn’t been naïve enough to think she’d be left alone, but couldn’t the beast have given her a few minutes to warm up? Those thoughts would pass through her head once she survived the encounter – if she survived at all. In the moment, adrenaline put her thought processes on fast-forward.

Big beast. Strong beast, probably. Fight? Perhaps. Fighting made noise. Cave made echoes. Echoes drew more. More Pokemon was bad. Run? Outrun? Possible. Unlikely, but possible.

The Haxorus raised an arm, denying her the chance to think through her options any more. And so she chose to flee, going from being frozen in shock to scrambling to her feet. If she was lucky, she’d rush out of the beast’s reach and into the darkness beyond the cave. The cover of night, she hoped, would keep him away… If she managed to make it that far.

aBHfxSvD

wizz

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 22:46:55 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

ZUBATS

fly in a panic!

stats

Annie's attempt to avoid the den pokemon is successful; she is able to dodge the slash. Unfortunately, the haxorus lets out a louder cry into the cave, which alert ZUBAT sleeping from within. They begin to fly out of the cave, in fear of the dragon's roar. The crowds of bat pokemon hit and slash at Annie, unintentionally, with their wings. [break][break]

Fortunately, the zubat have created a cover, and the haxorus cannot see anything past zubat. It won't last forever. [break][break]

[break][break]

ZUBAT have come out. They hinder your movement, but offer a chance of escape. HAXORUS is immobilized; now might be a good chance to attack..[break][break]

Your next roll determines your success of fleeing.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 13:01:16 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
One problem became a dozen. She stopped to shield her torso and arms with her face, though it did nothing to stop the attacks. She earned new cuts in her clothes, arms and legs for her efforts. If not for the swarm, the Haxorus would have heard Annie wincing in pain. It was fine, she lied to herself. Her travels in the wild had left her burned, bruised, belittled, too many times before for her to let a few wounds stop her… But they called for a change of plan. She wasn’t going anywhere fast with the Zubats around, and she had no interest in being defenceless when the den beast carved itself a path.

Time to fight, then.

One arm protected her face as best it could, whilst the other retrieved a Pokeball. She had no time to look at the capsules, only open one and hope for the best. Fate had chosen Blitz to defend her. Though the Weavile was immediately surprised by the utter chaos he was thrown into, he steeled himself for a fight. She knew that he would have.

“Get the green one with a Feint Attack,”
was all she needed to say. The attack relied on a distraction, and the flock of Zubats were perfect cover. From the darkness, Blitz would appear to the Haxorus, bearing his claws down upon his chest.

UXLKSYyD

wizz

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 22:25:52 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

KOKURI

attacks!

stats

the haxorus groans, fending the flock of bats off with the large axe-like tusk on his head. [break][break]

he sends a glare through them, trying to find the trainer. annie's weavile is able to land an attack on the dragon pokemon, which results in him staggering and and trying to contain his voice. but, from the close distance, it uses the opening to bring its arm and claw down on the ice type to land a dragon claw.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 9:56:54 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
As it turned out, trying to engage in close combat fighting with a towering mass of angry dragon was going to hurt. Blitz mimicked his trainer, bracing his arms across his face, but it did little to dull the force of the attack. He winced. Annie winced too, not just because of her injuries but out of empathy for her Pokemon. That wouldn’t be enough to take him down and she knew it, but she still cared.

Still, he had a job to do. “Back it up, Blitz! Keep him distracted.” There were advantages to being small and agile, as the Weavile was eager to show off. The cave didn't allow him much room to navigate, and the lingering Zubats didn't help either. He was on his toes, diving to avoid bats and rushing around, giving the enemy something to focus on besides the squishy trainer. Annie kept on the move anyway, painfully aware that every command could draw his ire and his fire.

“Hit him with an Icicle Crash,” she called, shortly before taking more steps back - towards the open air, if all went to plan. Blitz, on the other hand, leapt up and opened his mouth wide, unleashing artic winds onto the Haxorus from above. Icicles formed within the cold rain to rain down on his target.

5S6aeyjg

wizz

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 18:28:11 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

KOKURI

attacks!

stats

the haxorus lets out a loud cry after the icicle crash is successful. he falls to one knee, groaning from the ice attack. it did a good amount of damage. [break][break]

he was gravely injured, but he wasn't done yet. taking a glance at the cave, he uses one arm to launch a dragon claw at the rocks and rubble, wth the intention to launch it towards the trainer. a good size of rock, approximately the size of her head if not an inch or two small. in addition, he uses his tail in an attempt to slap at the weavile to throw it off.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 10:46:28 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/pquczd8ixr/23._xxxxx.mp3[/player]
They’d landed a harsh blow, but the Pokemon didn’t allow them much time to celebrate it. Annie had hoped that the Haxorus being downed would allow her a moment to stop and think – a naïve assumption that would cost her dearly. She tried to dodge, but the rock slammed into her left arm anyway. She felt and heard a crack, and knew she would be lucky if it was only fractured. Snapped, cracked, broken, it didn’t matter; in that moment, the end result was the same. Pain shot from her arm to her entire body, and she cried out in pain.

Blitz rushed to his trainer’s aid, or would have, if a tail swipe hadn’t thrown him aside. It was his turn to drop to one knee, but his eyes fell to Annie instead. The two met each other’s gaze, but she knew they had no time to waste on checking on each other. As long as they could move, they had a job to do: win.

Her words were strained and pained, but she managed to call out an order. “On your feet, Blitz! We need an All-Out Attack!” It wasn’t the name of a move, but it may as well have been. To fight without holding back, and to get all of the Pokemon out, only one attack could fit the bill. Weavile forced himself onto his feet, pointed to the Haxorus and let out a rallying cry.

Annie still didn’t know how Beat Up allowed Blitz to send out Pokemon on her behalf, but she wasn’t about to complain. Two capsules clicked open, sending bolts of energy flying towards Kokuri. They shaped themselves into Trixie and Bolt mid-flight, each of them swiping at the giant as they passed by. The third and final strike came from Blitz, ignoring his injuries for the moment to try and leave marks against the beast’s chest.
The other two would be summoned back into their balls in short order without Annie’s input.

nrIZ5R9V

wizz

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 4:04:59 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

KOKURI

fainted!

stats

the haxorus, though thankfully conditioned to fight without the trainer order, still couldn't fight against more than one pokemon at a time. the icicle crash had left him severely weakened, and the zubats had, though minimal, had done a small scratch at his scales as well. [break][break]

the beat up was the final straw. [break][break]

the dragon lets out a loud roar and groan, now on both knees and falling to the ground. the blade of its axe-like tusk hit the ground, leaving an indent into the hardened dirt. kokuri, the den pokemon, had been defeated. [break][break]

and just when the pokemon fell to the ground, a small ribombee buzzes and hums, holding something of a petite monitor - no larger than a rotom phone - with the gym leader herself, sitting in the confines of her gym home with a cup of tea in her hands. she smiles into the screen. "congratulations." she says, staring to the lens of her camera. [break][break]

"i hope kokuri didn't cause you too much trouble." [break][break]

she says. behind the ribombee follows a lurantis and a vivillon.[break][break]

"please follow the lurantis and vivillon back to the entrance of the forest and recall your pokemon. they will protect you on the way out. i will see you and give you the badge when you leave."
[break][break]

and with that, the monitor turns off. [break][break]

congratulations! you have defeated the den pokemon: HAXORUS. please make a post of your character leaving the grounds. your badge will be given to you in the next post. you do not need to roll.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Girl Scout
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 11:22:12 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
The beast was down. For all the cold shoulders Blitz gave his trainer, she wouldn’t forget how quickly he rushed to her side. A panicked cry escaped him. There was real concern in his eyes, though it wouldn’t last. The sight of more Pokemon arriving had him move to stand between trainer and apparent enemy, though they soon realised there was nothing to fear.

They did it, the announcement said. They’d won. Annie let out a breath she didn’t know she’d been holding. A smile made itself known, but it was less of victory than of relief. Celebrations would come soon enough, no doubt about it. They’d feast on instant noodles, hug each other and tell the rest of Camp Annie tales of Blitz’ duel with the titan. But in that moment, why didn’t she feel like cheering?

Oh, right. Broken arm. Multiple open wounds. Pain. More pain, now that the adrenaline was wearing off. She squinted her eyes at the suggestion that the Haxorus was just a nuisance. “Alright… Blitz, buddy, how about we take five and talk about this later?” The arm that didn’t cry out every time she moved it retrieved the Weavile’s Pokeball, returning him to it. “You were awesome,” she muttered as he vanished. All that was left for her to do was follow her escorts out of the grounds – and hopefully get some medical attention.
wizz