close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 15:35:34 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"Okay, yeah yeah, laugh it up..." he sulked, feeling his nose starting to run. Oh god now he was going to sound even worse! Jet reached into his pocket to see if he had any tissues left. The blue haired lad was expecting some white fluffy wad of paper to greet in hand, but instead he pulled out a sopping wet lump of mashe. He gave it a disgruntled look while Annie was still rolling on the ground with laughter. A large bulbous vein appeared on Jet's temple as he kept every urge to pelt this girl with his sopping tissue while she was still laughing her ass off! The only consolation to this was that she let out a sneeze of her own. Hah! Yes! That's what you get! The vein subsided back to it's normal size while Jet seemed to calm down a bit. Right now he'd take any victory he could get, even if Annie couldn't care less of her impending cold. At least the idea of it made Jet lighten up a tad. Now if she just split her sides from laughing so much the young Rocket might just stop being a prude altogether!

Now though Annie went to answer some of the questions he had bombarded at her while also letting out her little vulpix. Judging by the shade of colour of it's coat, it was a fire type. Thank god, she does have a fire type. he sighed to himself waiting for her to give the Vulpix a command, but instead she just let it sit there while she answered his question! And then the shivers started. By the time it took for Annie to finish answering him, Jet had been switched onto vibrate mode and was shaking like a leaf. Thinking about the cold didn't help much either, but even as he listened intently to Annie (and admittedly being impressed by her thought process) he couldn't stop every cell in his body from shivering.

But finally, Finally she got her vulpix to come over to the rocket Popsicle. All at once Jet lunged for the pokemon, scooping it up into his hands and squeezing it as tightly as he could to his body. He placed his chin over it's head while his arms wrapped around like a vice grips, hoping that the harder he held on, the faster he'd warm up. The poor Vulpix though...

"Yeah yeah whatever! Just lead the way before I freeze any more!" despite squeezing the life out of Sune Jet was still shivering uncontrollably while Meadbh was still gloating at her new master. "Ugh, please?" Christ why was lightening up so hard... As he spoke a small Finn poking out from the ground ran into Jet's foot, shaking loose a pokeball from his pocket which fell on the pokemon, catching it literally under Jet's nose. If it wasn't for the click he wouldn't of known that he caught it at all.

+catch gible
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 17:05:37 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Few people were brave (or stupid) enough to squeeze a Pokemon they weren’t familiar with. The little heater could become a furnace at a moment’s notice – in fact, the man’s rough handling prompted both squirms and a rise in temperature that served as a warning to him. “Hey, hey, you’ve gotta calm down with that!” Sune’s cries likely mirrored her trainer’s words, if the panicked tone was anything to go by. “She’s a Pokemon, not a toy!” Luckily for him, Vulpix was one of the more docile creatures she could have sent out, but if he kept pushing his luck…

Even when as the feeling of ice started to settle in her body, she was able to hold a disapproving look for Jet. She gestured for Melody to take them down a rapidly-growing canal while she turned to the man. “How long have you been a trainer for?” The girl paused and put a finger to her lip. “Actually, you don’t have to answer that. More importantly, are you this rough with your Pokemon all the time? Physically and verbally? Because they’ve got feelings. Even if they don’t know exactly what you’re saying, they get the message pretty well. Heck, I’m pretty sure Lapras do understand what we’re saying!” Melody nodded on cue. ”Because you’re just such a smart girl, right?” The sea beast hummed a mildly amused sound. They sailed past a Smoochum as they turned a corner, but none of the party seemed to notice nor care. “Anyway, it pays off to be nice to them. If you’re going to stick with a guy for life, you’d want to at least be friendly with them, right?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 0:39:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CUBONE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / rock head[break]
endeavor / bone rush / double-edge / bone club
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NIDOKING APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / rivalry[break]
double kick / poison sting / megahorn / focus energy
[break][break]

[break]
Jet caught the Gible successfully!

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 14:48:23 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"She's a pokemon, Not a toy! Now normally, this kind of comment would be met with rude hand sign from Jet in retort, but after hearing the pokemon nearly squeak like a toy with how hard his grip was, the boy eased up. Now the pokemon could actually breath and it's increasing heat which bordered on incinerating calmed down a bit. Holding it away from his torso, there was a large dark brown mark on his jacket where the fabric was beginning to burn. If he squeezed it any longer it probably would have caught fire! Although at this point that sounded more like a luxary. Still, the blue haired lad was sure not to squeeze the fox to much harder just in case. He was still shivering due to the cold but it wasn't as severe as before. "Sorry sorry. Now stop it with the dirty looks." he said airily, looking everywhere but at Annie. That's the closest thing to an apology that she was getting. "I am grateful for it. I just didn't think it'd be so weak." he gave a small smirk as he spoke, wondering if pokemon and trainer alike would fall for the joke. Although it was only partially a joke. He was far too used to his Arcanine and it's strength when it came to warming himself up. Normally he'd just latch onto the pokemon's powerful neck as hard as he could and use it's internal heat to warm himself up. I swear I'm never making it use burn up again!

Jokes aside it was time to blow this Popsicle stand! The Brunette's Lapras brought them down a rapidly growing river which begged a few questions. Like really? Was this the only way out? Jet kept this to himself. He could finally tell that he was complain too much and asking those sort of questions probably wouldn't be the best idea. Besides, even if it may not look like it he was grateful for the fire pokemon for it's warmth. Besides, Annie had another question for him. Or well it started as a question then turned into a lecture. "I've only been a proper trainer for a couple of months now. That Arcanine I used earlier was my first pokemon and I played with him all the time. Every now and then Dad would bring back some spare pokeballs from work and let me catch whatever for fun. But up until recently I've kind of needed to go out and train properly to earn some decent money since I'm still not old enough to work." he decided to ignore the question relating to how he treated his pokemon. In all honesty it struck a nerve with Jet. His face seemed to show as much too. While before it controverted between annoyed and cold and then briefly happy when he managed to keep some heat it was full fixed into a now brooding expression. He looked back to his newly caught Lapras which quickly turned it's head away in fained disgust once their eyes met, clearly annoyed that he ignored the question. "What about you. How long have you been a trainer?" he asked hoping to keep the conversation off the whole treatment of pokemon.

Ever since Jet joined the rockets he felt like the treatment of pokemon was a black spot. After all he was in a gang notorious for the mistreatment of them. Trying to do or say anything against that would just seem hypocritical. There was of course more underlying issues with the topic, but Jet didn't want to think about them now, especially when he was in such a physically vulnerable state. He wanted to get his mind off of it however even as he saw a perfectly good nidoking to battle he just let them sail by it without a word. Any command he did give would probably go ignored anyway. Shifting his gaze back ahead of them he waited for Annie's answer, mainly to hear how ridiculous it was going to be. She didn't seem too normal and it was a refreshing change, even if she was a little too mature in how she thought because of her weirdness.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 18:41:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
If not for the fact that there were floating in what was quickly becoming a river of ice water, Sune would had squirmed herself free of the trainer’s grasp. Fortunately for him, she chose the lesser of two terrible fates. “You’re lucky she’s one of my calmer girls. If you’d said something like that to Blitz or Bolt, they’d show you exactly how strong they were.” She felt no need to try and correct him. From most other trainers, it might have riled her up, but after seeing the way he treated his team members… She was almost arrogantly confident that she was the better of the two. So arrogant that she didn’t need to voice the fact. The Vulpix, on the other hand, seemed content to huff and puff as she tried to find a less violating position.

“I can’t stop. She’s part of Camp Annie. That means I have to look out for her, and make sure she’s doing well.” Doing that had paid off, for it was only because of the trainer’s watchful gaze that Sune didn’t burn the man and flee, water be damned.

Annie gestured for a left turn, steering them down a cavern littered with stalactites. “Oh, I remember this part! …You’re gonna wanna duck down.” Both hands made a shape above her head. A horn, perhaps? No, probably his hair. Melody tilted her head a little closer to the water’s surface, but Annie wasn’t quite tall enough to be in danger. She let him say his piece about his life, not expecting the question to be thrown back to her.

“Oh… Honestly, I don’t know. When do you start being a trainer?” She offered her own question a gentle shrug. “I knew my first Pokemon for years before we started travelling, and even then it was a few weeks before I had a Pokeball to catch him. We were just cool enough with each other to stick together until it was official.” It was a half-truth. To say war-torn Kanto had been difficult would be a large understatement, and they quickly realised that their best chances of survival would be with each other. The companionship had just been a nice bonus, at first. “Er… A year? Maybe two? Somewhere between those two. With the whole Rocket invasion, we weren’t exactly keeping track of- Oh! I see a light!”

Sure enough, the afternoon sun was beginning to peek in in the distance. They were homebound – unless any wild Pokemon tried to ruin their trip.
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 3:34:36 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BERGMITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / ice body[break]
recover / blizzard / avalanche / curse
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VANILLITE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / snow cloak[break]
ice shard / icicle spear / uproar / mirror shot
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 23:31:49 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"Oh my god! Stop using nicknames! How am I supposed to know what kind of pokemon you're talking about!" he shouted in probably the most annoyed he had been all trip. As he spoke he started to subconciously pet the Vulpix on it's head with very light and gentle taps with his hand. His voice and tone seemed to be totally opposite to what he was actually doing and treating the little fire type. Without even realizing, Jet was just enacting some muscle memory on the fox pokemon. Since both it and growlithe are a very similar species of pokemon, how the blue haired rocket originally treated his puppy seemed to be lodged into his head which he was now proceeding to do on Sune. The action even seemed to spark a twinge of jealousy from Meadbh who was watching in disbelief. How could such a rude and pompus trainer suddenly start acting so sweet and kind to a pokemon! It was enough to make the lapras glare at both Jet and the Vulpix, daggers in her eyes, willing to vent her frustrations when they got out of this place.

As they spoke, Annie made some really weird hand sign, like she was dancing or something, the sound of her voice being slightly muffled by the running water. If Jet didn't know any better he'd probably think she was trying to do some tribal echo location thing, but a quick glance around the corner informed him that she was just imitating him and his immaculate hair which still somehow kept it's shape despite all the water that seeped into it! Gotta love all natural products! The word "duck" also helped clear things up, so Jet hunched over until he was basically lying on the lapras's shell. Couldn't risk having any of his hair freezing on those hanging ice thingies. Meadbh however was just going to do her own thing and smash through the icicles with her bare face and pretend not to be hurt. You know, like any sane pokemon would do.

As they sailed on, albeit in a slightly different position, Annie shot a question back at Jet after he shot his own to her. So it was a question shoot off was it? Well you're on! Annie answered the question though even though she sounded unsure. She also flexed that she was already friends with her pokemon before she got any pokeball. Jet just rolled his eyes at the statement. Having people flex like that was annoying sometimes. Even though it was interesting to hear, he couldn't deny that. The only pokemon Jet could compare to having a relationship similar to that was his growlithe, but even then it was gifted to him in a pokeball. And as a puppy it just loved everyone and everything so it hardly counted. Still, she was getting to the end of her answer and Jet was ready to slap her with another hot question to put her on her toes! But then he swallowed his tongue.

He had heard of the whole devastation in Kanto but never imagined he would meet one. So Jet kept silent. He didn't say a word and just held the vulpix close for it's warmth. Seeing the light himself he simply mumbled "Great..." without even meaning to she had totally shut Jet up, but lighten him up, well that was as close as she was getting.

+skipping encounters
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shaol Searching [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 17:21:01 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
That confirmed it. The man’s frustrations had officially lost their charm. She offered no smile or giggles in return, only a raised eyebrow and unamused pursed lips. Sune looked intrigued by his antics, but the affection stopped her short of saying that Annie was thinking. As best a Pokemon could, anyway.

“…You ask.” The girl’s tone was a lot less joyful than it’d been moments before. “I learned your Pokemon’s name already. Didn’t think it was that hard, really.” That was all he’d get out of her. Besides Melody’s quiet attempts to calm what she recognised as an annoyed Annie, the conversation had hit an awkward pause. She was happy to keep things that way until they’d followed the tunnel out of the cave.

There was barely any unexposed sand left to stand on outside the cave thanks to the high tide. “Good thing you have something to ride on now,” she said, especially since he’d gone out of his way to upset the girl with a flying Pokemon. “I’m gonna get going. Places to do, things to see and all that. Sune?” She made a point to show that she wouldn’t be abandoning the nicknames for his sake. The Vulpix perked up, staring at Annie’s outstretched arms. The trainer was asking a lot of her little fox, but with a bit of coaxing, she took the leap of faith. Annie lurched forward to catch her, clamping her legs around the Lapras shell to keep them steady.

In short order, Sune was acting as Annie’s toaster instead – which was great, because the ocean air wasn’t doing her damp clothes any favours. “I guess I’ll see you around, Jet. Maybe. You’re welcome, by the way.” Could she be blamed for not sounding too enthusiastic about a reunion? Regardless of his parting words, she told Melody to sail back towards the mainland.
wizz