played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 14:49:04 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging: @creepy
Another day, another training session. Annie’s travels had taken her to a tiny beach outside of Mauville for a round of rapid-fire training. Annie had a bad habit of sending her Pokemon out into highly questionable and high-risk situations, giving them next to no time to take in the scene before they were under attack. Instead of being more considerate to her team, Annie had decided that teaching them to adapt quickly was the best solution.

That was why a shabbily-dressed, occasionally shivering girl in a tracksuit stood at the water’s edge, calling out to the wilds nearby. “Wild Pokemon of Hoenn! Up-and-coming trainer extraordinaire Annie Mei is here, accepting all challenges! Step up with you’re brave, and I’ll beat your butt!” Perhaps the untamed beasts wouldn’t understand her, but her obnoxious calls were sure to summon some.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 5:43:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nathaniel had been nearing one of the small beaches just outside of Mauville city when he heard it. While he had originally been in the area after a few unconfirmed reports of rare wild Pokemon sightings, the Galarian Noble hadn't exactly been expecting the scene that he walked into. Out by the waters edge Nathaniel could see a young girl in a tracksuit....screaming at the water? She was alone and not exactly dressed for the current weather so there was no doubt that she would be rather cold as well. 

Nathaniel decided it might be best to, at the very least, check on her and see if everything was alright. And so he made his way down onto the beach, realizing once more than he really ought to go about getting himself some more appropriate clothing for adventuring. The practical side of his mind was constantly arguing in favor of doing so, but another more vocal part of his psyche KNEW that style point alone were worth far more than practicality points. So the custom suit and coat ensemble stayed on for now. Still, he was getting rather tired of cleaning his shoes thoroughly nearly every night. As he crossed the beach the young girl continued her tirade against the open air, and now that Nathaniel could actually hear her words it seemed like she was trying to wild Pokemon entirely by annoying them. A peculiar strategy, but Nathaniel HAD seen stranger.  

"No luck so far I take it?" he said, while not mockingly, there was a clear tone of mirth in his voice as he spoke.  Perhaps he would join her? He had been on the lookout for a Water Type to join his team after all.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 5:53:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ALOMOMOLA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / hydration[break]
healing wish / double slap / water pulse / protect
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD KRABBY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / hyper cutter[break]
razor shell / swords dance / metal claw / stomp / hammer arm
[break][break]

& @creepy

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 8:39:18 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She laid eyes upon a man, instead of the beast she’d been hoping for. A smug, overly dressed man that had come to question her methods. Annie didn’t look impressed, but before she could give her retort, the first of many fish took on her ‘challenge’. Unfortunately, the Alolamola didn’t have a strategy for fighting out of water, and had to flop across the beach to get close to them. Funny, and sad, but still a threat.

“Good things come to those who wait, old man!” Mirth found her way into her voice too, though it quickly evolved into outright excitement. “Clamp, you’re up first with an X-Scizor!” A Pokeball launched, and a Pokemon revealed. The metal bug sprang into action, his pincers gaining a green glow. As he landed before the fish, he bore them down upon it, bringing an early end to its battle plans. “And return to sender!” The water-type was unceremoniously sent flying back into the ocean, and Annie turned back around to face the man. A raised eyebrow and a slight smirk awaited any more clever comments.

wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 23:15:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The young girl turned and looked ready to mouth off at Nathaniel before her attention was drawn back to the water's edge. A rather unfortunate Alolamola had, for whatever reason, decided it would be a good idea to leave it's natural habitat to go after the girl that had called it out to battle. Nathaniel knew well enough that even Pokemon in such a condition could still be dangerous, but that didn't mean it wasn't rather funny to see. At the sight of it the young girl called out to him, her words eliciting a twitching brow and slight grinding of Nathaniel's teeth.

"Old Man? The little brat!" he thought. In the grand scheme of things he wasn't all that much older than her. Still, there were more important things at play. The girl had sent out a Scizor of all things, landing a devastating move on the Alolamola and sending it flying back into the sea to nurse it's wounds. Nathaniel spied two small eyes poking above the surface of the shallow waters, watching the pair intently. But on seeing the pink fish get absolutely pounded, the promptly beat feet back out into deeper waters. Whatever it had been, it obviously had no intention of joining in.

"Impressive moves." said Nathaniel, a genuine complement as well.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2019 0:52:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SWANNA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / big pecks[break]
defog / air slash / roost / hurricane
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PINCURCHIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / lightning rod[break]
zing zap / bubble beam / recover / poison jab
[break][break]

& @creepy

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2019 21:40:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Kind words. Music to her ears. The girl’s smile shifted from smug to cheery… Mostly. “Expect nothing less from an up-and-coming trainer extraordinaire! And her partner in crime, of course. Good job, Clamp!” The Scizor rarely emoted, so Annie knew that him looking in her direction was the most acknowledgement she could hope for. In short order, the monster was returned to its capsule, and Annie swapped the ball for another.

“I’d keep my eyes peeled if I were you. The sounds of one fight usually start up a few more.” Sure enough, their next foes arrived by air. A Swanna carefully carried a Pinurchin into battle, dumping the spike ball onto the sand. It seemed to be charging an electric attack, but Annie wasn’t waiting to see which one it was. “Trixie, you’re up! Grass Whistle, and don’t aim it at me this time!”

Out came the Whimsicott, immediately puzzled by the fight scene she was thrust into. Fortunately, she made up for her delay with her talent as a Prankster. With one great bound, she floated above the pincushion, raining musical notes upon both it and the Swanna. Within seconds, they had been lulled to sleep, and the cotton ball gave a cheer. That was Annie’s cue to retrieve another pokeball. An empty one was lobbed at the Pinurchin. “I’ve got no idea what that thing is, but it looks both cute and deadly! That makes it Camp Annie material!”
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 11:46:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nathaniel watched with an amused smile on his face as the young girl boisterously declared her intentions. She seemed to make a good team with her Scizor, and though Nathaniel wasn't a Professor by any means, it was fairly obvious that her partner was in good shape. He was more than content to simply sit back and watch at this point. Young up and coming trainers were always an interesting sight.

The girl even went so far as to hand out a piece of sage advice, though it wasn't exactly something Nathaniel was unaware of, he had been travelling alone through both his home of Galar and now Hoenn for long enough to have more than enough experience with how to deal with wild, untamed Pokemon. Still, it was the thought that counted. Her next opponent, or opponents it seemed, was a Swanna and a Pokemon that Nathaniel was well acquainted with, it being a Galar native. He was more than a little curious about the rapid expansion of Galarian Pokemon Species, but he doubted it was anything malicious, just Nature being a truly interesting force.

The young girl chose to combat them with a Whimsicott, another good choice, lulling both of the wild Pokemon into a deep sleep with Grass Whistle. She ignored the Swanna in favor of the Pinchurin, though it seemed that she wasn't familiar at all with it, though that was to be expected.

"It's a Pinchurin, native to the Galar region. It tends to live in shallow waters or rock pools scattered around beaches." said Nathaniel, happy to give his young companion a small heads up about the Pokemon she had made an attempt to capture.

Nathaniel himself was unmoved by the Swanna, more than happy to leave it be for now.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 22:26:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TIRTOUGA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / solid rock[break]
aqua jet / curse / rock slide / crunch
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PACHIRISU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / run away[break]
nuzzle / discharge / swift / thunder wave
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]
Annie caught the Pincurchin successfully!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 11:05:57 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
The Swanna wasn’t waking up any time soon, meaning Trixie was free to collect her trainer’s ball. The cotton ball sang a tune as the living Pokedex explained what they had claimed. “Oh, so this is a new guy! No wonder why it stood out to me. Still, that’s gotta suck. Imagine walking around in some water and you step on one of those.” The girl made a show of wincing, only to devolve into a giggle a moment later.

“Guess I’ll just have to keep an eye out. Thanks for that, and thank you, little miss!” She retrieved the Pokeball, then used the one in her other hand to return Trixie to her ball. Both were put away and exchanged for the capsule of a very special Camper. The stranger seemed to have erased his doubts about her and her tactics, but she needed to be certain. Or maybe she just wanted to show off a little bit. Whatever the reason, her next opportunity showed itself soon enough. A Tirtouga crawled out of the water, awaiting a challenger, and Annie was happy to oblige.

“Next up’s Frankie!” Another Pokeball thrown, releasing… something. A Whimsicott and a Scizor had few things in common, but at least they were standard Pokemon. They had clear themes in their appearance, a voice, a quirky charm to them. The Type: Null, on the other hand, seemed to be at least six different drafts of a monster towering over its trainer, and especially the Tirtouga. While Trixie couldn’t keep quiet if she tried, Frankie was silent, leaving the observers to rely on its body language and its eyes – its ever-glaring eyes – to gauge its emotions. That alone was enough to give the fossil Pokemon pause.

Annie, either used to her beast or totally oblivious to how ominous it was, barely missed a beat. “Show ‘em who’s got the harder head!” The little turtle’s mask was barely bigger than one of its foe’s hind paws, let alone the helmet that hid more of its face. Still, the fossil had enough confidence – or foolhardiness – to stand his ground, right up until the Iron Head collided with his body. It was close to a knockout blow, leaving their prey tipped over and unable to defend itself from the incoming Pokeball.

A Pachirisu saw the brief battle, and wisely turned tail.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 0:33:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nathaniel laughed at Annie's comment after he identified the Pinchurin for her. He knew exactly what it felt like, after all he HAD stepped on one as a child and it was likely the most painful thing he had ever experienced. Though that might have just been because of how young he had been at the time, still, he had no intentions of testing that out again. He was brought out of his musing by Annie throwing out and releasing yet another Pokemon from it's ball, the brief glance he got of her new target didn't strike any chord with him. He may know quite a lot of Pokemon, but not all of them. He was immediately reminded of that when Annie's next partner was released.

The bright light coalesced into a shape far larger than Nathaniel had been expecting. To say that he was stumped would be an understatement. There was something almost otherworldly about this Pokemon, it's body a mish-mash of seemingly random parts that didn't match up with the whole. A large grey crest rose out of a boxy, almost wood-like head and the beast sported wicked looking claws on it's forelimbs. Nathaniel had never seen anything like it and reflexively pulled out his Rotom-Phone, intent on scanning the marvelous beast in front of him.

For the moment he was distracted by the unknown Pokemon moving to attack the Tirtouga, it's head glowing with a silver sheen as it headbutted the much smaller Pokemon into submission. The nearby Pachirisu that Nathaniel hadn't even spotted until now wisely beat feet away from the fighting. Nathaniel held up his Rotom-Phone and thoroughly scanned the unknown beast. The powerful device took much longer than usual to come up with any response, a buzzing error noise sounding along with a rather sad expression displayed on the screen from the Rotom within. "Error, Unknown Pokemon" Nathaniel mouthed to himself in confusion, reading the error message now displayed on the screen. He'd never even heard of that happening before. Putting his phone away for now, as it clearly wasn't going to be any use at this point, Nathaniel walked forward so as to be standing beside Annie.

"Now what is this marvelous beastie? I've never seen something like this before."
he said with noticeable excitement leaking into his voice. It certainly wasn't everyday that he encountered a Pokemon that he didn't have at least a passing familiarity with.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 7:26:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PYUKUMUKU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / innards out[break]
purify / safeguard / counter / recover
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD LUXIO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / intimidate[break]
thunder fang / crunch / swagger / wild charge
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]
Annie caught the Tirtouga successfully!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2019 10:21:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She turned towards the error noise, a single eyebrow slightly raising. It was no surprise that Frankie confused even the knower of all Pokemon. If anything, she would have been very surprised if it had known, considering how she’d come to ‘earn’ the beast. A perfect stranger didn’t need to know anything about that, so she answered his questions with a shrug and technical truths.

“I’ve got no idea! Frankie’s a bit of a mystery, but that’s okay!” The titan rolled her Pokeball up to the back of her foot, standing guard behind her. She reached back to rub his neck, but the affection wasn’t reciprocated. It never was. “That just means its an extra special Camper. All I know is that it’s the strong and silent type. Very strong, and very silent…” The Pokemon finally reacted, turning its head towards newcomers. Something like a Pinurchin from the east, and from the west- “Hey, it’s a little Bolt! …Alright, idea. You did great, Frankie, but your time’s up for now!” It was returned to its Pokemon without so much as a farewell from it, and a moment later, another of Annie’s Campers had taken the stage: Luxray.

“Bolt, you’re up! Get that little spike boy with a Discharge!” He set a paw forward, hairs standing up on end as electricity built in its body. Yellow sparks shot towards the Pyukumuku, dealing a knockout blow to the water-type. From there, his gaze turned on the little lion behind, who seemed to be reconsidering an attack.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 10:48:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The fact that even Annie didn't know exactly what Frankie, the name she seemed to had given the magnificently strange beast, actually was made him all the more impressive, as well as mysterious. It gave him no small measure of excitement about the possibility of discovering exactly what Frankie was, he now had pictures and some rudimentary scans, that was more than enough to start with. Still, there were other priorities to see to at the present moment, namely the next wave of wild Pokemon who had taken the challenge. Annie herself had gone after a Pyukumuku with a Luxray and as fate would have it, it left Nathaniel with a Luxio to contend with.

Finally deciding to get involved, Nathaniel's hand darted into his jacket, returning with a black and gold colored Pokeball banded with a red stripe. A casual flick of his wrist and the Pokemon inside was released. A small cloud of sand was kicked up upon Tyranitar's arrival to the beach, it whipped up around the massive green beast like a viscous aura that soon came to envelope the Luxio as well.

"Stone Edge please Tyranitar."
commanded Nathaniel in a casual tone. Tyranitar nodded his head, what passed for a smirk gracing its features. A clump of sand at Tyranitar's feat levitated into the air, condensing within a few moments with a soft glow. When it faded all that remained was a sharpened rock projectile that soon hurtled towards the now panicked Luxio, it struck a glancing blow but it was all that was needed. Using Tyranitar was most assuredly overkill on a wild and ultimately untrained Pokemon, but being one of Nathaniel's strongest partners, Tyranitar often got bored and wanted to stretch his legs every now and then. The attack sent the Luxio sprawling and before long Nathaniel had sent a Pokeball flying in it's direction.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shock 'n' Surf
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 11:04:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD WOOPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / damp[break]
mud shot / toxic / muddy water / rain dance
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD WARTORTLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / torrent[break]
water pulse / rapid spin / iron defense / aqua tail
[break][break]

& @creepy

[break]
Nathaniel caught the Luxio successfully!