light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2019 8:01:11 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

EXPRESS BOMB

[attr="class","aname2"]

remnant event: you've got bombs!

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","freiwantpkmn"]

[break][break]

it was only just after the winter ball when the message had been received. those of LEAGUE knew that, someday, they would make their entrance, it just wasn't known when. with one attack told to be heading directly toward the league's headquarters, there came another: SLATEPORT'S MAGNET TRAIN.

[break][break]

it was unprecedented that another attack would be occurring simultaneously! another transmission was sent directly to league headquarters, this time the contents stating:

[break][break]

"have you all ever been in love?? people call me crazy, but when i saw her--that she-beast--my heart raced with excitement! a video feed of a woman that made my heart EXPLODE, huh? her name you ask? if i'm not mistaken it's ! yes, she was the inspiration behind what i've got in store for you all next; our game is only just getting started. i call this a tribute to profess not just my admiration for silas, but my love for ! seeing that EXPLOSIVE charisma she displayed, with sheer bravado might i add, it's because of her that this idea came to fruition: TO FINISH WHAT ROCKET COULD NOT AND DESTROY THE MAGNET TRAIN! i hope this message reaches you, ! i'll be waiting at WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!"

[break][break]

a video feed of fighting within the magnet train back during THE INVASION OF SLATEPORT was shown. the feed played on the devices of those who were both league and rocket operatives. this video was to suggest that their target location, due to the voice-over stating that he was to be waiting 'where it all began', that both league and rocket could probably find the assailant where bailey was recorded fighting on the magnet train's cameras.[break][break]

with currently missing from the picture, as well as for , , and currently attending to other matters, it was time for HER to takeover, a league operative that who, one of many, created a plethora of assignments for league officials to take. an ice cold beauty who hid herself from the outside world. she was a woman who viewed the world, and people, as nothing more than a buggy program within her reality. [break][break]

her name was LYRE VERGLAS, like a computer she records everything she both hears and sees; though, like a harp, should you piss her off she will be ready to replay the tune of your idiocy. you'd do best not to anger her when given the luxury to even work with someone as brilliant as her. her tongue was like a weapon, there is grace within it but you will quickly be called a goddamn clown.

[break][break]

her station was set.[break]
the battalion, for this specific assignment, were quickly chosen.[break]
the confidant smile of a powerful woman was worn. for, to no man, did she possess a single thought of losing against a man when it comes to a game of wits.[break][break]

her pieces were chosen: and , a pair of league operatives she had an assortment of information on. from league headquarters a ROTOM DEX was sent to serve as their line of communication. she would use this rotom to speak and direct them from the base of league, this would be the same for the other two groups she would, soon, communicate with. for now, she was focused on this specific group.

[break][break]

and were ordered, from wherever they were, to immediately make haste for slateport's station. the rotom dex would guide them once they were ready. once there, they'd take notice of passengers standing outside and slowly boarding the train. one could tell from the atmosphere that they weren't aware of what was happening. what's even worse is that the terrorist could literally be anyone of them!

[break][break]

to make even further matters worse, the league was unaware of unexpected party crashers , who also happened to be ROCKET OPERATIVES, and . together they stood amongst the passengers outside of the train, awaiting to board the maglev. the rotom, the next, began to speak to and , it was to be noted that, at this time, the voice was not the rotom itself but lyre!

[break][break]

"i've secured your tickets." tickets to board the train would come to pop out of the rotom's backside, as if it were pooping. "please prepare to take your seats, we can't be obvious that we're here to apprehend a criminal. we don't wish to cause a panic." turning toward and who stood far off from the group of passengers, lyre continued, "i've took the liberty to secure your seats with those two passengers. once on board, try to use them as a cover. make friends, and, this should go with out saying, be sure to keep secret about what's happening. until then, i'll be examining you through the rotom. i expect results, gentlemen." a soft hum was heard upon the end of their communication. now, left with them, was a casual rotom dex hovering about between and .

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GUIDELINES
[break][break]

below are several guidelines and notes you must follow and consider for the mission event. please pm LIGHT if you have any other questions. these guidelines will be trimmed or omitted for future mod posts in this event.
[break][break]

• please include a tl;dr.
  • please try to post for every round of posting. if you miss a few rounds of posting, that is no issue. however, depending on the mod post, the mod may determine what happens to your character should you miss the round.
  • missing too many rounds will result in lesser rewards or no rewards.
  • please post by 12/24/19! if you need an extension, let me know and you will be given an extra day
  • notes: currently, this is the introduction round. lyre has left you all to make friends with and who, unbeknownst to and , were sent to kill the rocket remnant believed to be on the magnet train. the four of you have tickets that show you're in the same seating section. so use this time to communicate with one another. you're allowed to post, at least, three (3) times this round until 12/24/19.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2019 17:22:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
lyre verglas -- nasty woman, control freak, and a close acquaintance of kyle lopez.

he takes the designated seat with a scowl on his face. kyle finds himself under her control, though he does not have any complaints this time around. he does, however, grow uneasy with on board with the same mission. kyle finds himself constantly glancing at him with each turn, unsure on how to feel about looking after both of their safety instead of just his.

regardless, he gets rid of any pessimistic thoughts in his head and decides to simply think about the immediate future when it comes.

kyle pats the seat beside him to gesture noah to take it before pulling his phone out. noah has the rotom dex on his person, while kyle is content with simply having his own rotom-infested phone. it connects indirectly to lyre verglas through the rotom dex.

"what were you doing here at slateport anyways?" he asks noah, who he came in on the train with. kyle remains fixated on the screen of his phone, starting up the games on his phone as it levitates in front of him.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2019 17:59:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

Patrick Cavalli had his affairs in order; a scientist on a business trip. Only it's not money or documents contained in the briefcase that sits in his lap, it's Pokeballs. It's Patrick's name on the ticket, but it's Gavin who surreptitiously scans the train for any sign of their target. So far, nothing.

"You need to calm down." He doesn't look at his companion, the skittish girl in the seat next to him. Of all the Rocket operatives, why on Earth had they landed him with her? He'd never have guessed she worked for the organization if he hadn't been explicitly told. His voice is low, measured. "If you don't pull it together, people are going to get suspicious."

She's not the one with the bomb, but she's sure as hell going to draw attention to them with her anxieties.

"Do you have a cover story?" he asks. Hazel eyes spot a duo of trainers approaching the empty seats across from them. "Because if not, you'd better think of one — fast."

tl;dr:
- gavin scolds wendy for being so skittish
- posing as a businessman under the name patrick cavalli
- carrying a briefcase containing his pokeballs

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gavin b] color: #da6c79; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gavin i] color: #da6c79; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2019 19:04:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

"I-I'm so sorry.." she stutters. This was a bad idea, wasn't it? Even she was wondering why rocket thought she'd be a capable member. I mean, she has never even hurt anyone![break][break]

Not that she remembers, anyways. [break][break]

To be honest, it wasn't the mission that had her on edge - even though it plays a large part in it. Rather, it was the crowd of people from the left and to the right. She liked her shelter and her structure; very much so. So when she was chucked into a train, full of people, with that not in mind, her conscious began to nag at her. This was the right thing to do, right? I mean, she wasn't the one hurting anyone. It was the bomb hurting people! She wasn't doing anything to hurt anyone! This was for the greater good of Rocket![break][break]

With one glance in the direction of the two approaching trainers, she clutches onto the handle of her bag, and takes a deep breath. "I-I can do it.." She reassures him, trying to keep her nerves in check. Oh, thank god she wore something more formal with the glasses. I mean, glasses makes everyone look more sophisticated and put together, right? Right?![break][break]

She has a ticket under a throwaway name, in addition to a cleverly crafted "id" that was arranged for her prior - many thanks to her father.

[break][break]
tl;dr:[break]
- wendy's apologizing and being anxious[break]
- posing as a business intern under the name hannah voss[break]
- dragging a suitcase/bag containing pokeballs and first-aid.

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy b] color: #b58ae4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy i] color: #adadad; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 7:21:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"same reason you are." noah shifts the straps of his knapsack. rather than placing it underneath his train seat, he flattens it uncomfortably in between his back and the cusion.

he looks the part of a tourist or traveler, but he finds it difficult to act casually. lyre's voice possesses a charge that causes him to shift with the unease of expectation.

"i gotta look after you too." he whispers to kyle. a protective grit armors his words. for a moment, he looks solemn.

yet, he discards the gravity of the situation as he glances at the passengers across him and kyle. make friends, lyre had said, and so, noah will with dog-like obedience.

noah is unable to discern the difference in age as he speaks to the disguised rockets: "sorry if i'm being kinda blunt, but you two are a good looking couple!"

tl;dr:
noah enters the train with kyle. he sits next to him, speaks to him quietly.
under lyre's command, he talks to the two passengers across from him, and assumes they're a couple.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 7:51:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles at his message conveyed in the whisper. "i'll treat you to this dessert place then. they're having this weekly buffet thing i've been wanting to try," he casually responds to noah, someone who probably watches his caloric intake intently.

he starts to play his phone game when he hears noah talk to the strangers with them. he turns nervous, even though he wasn't the one who initiated the conversation. does he have to say something too since he's with him?

'noah, what are you doing?'

he busies himself with the game, takes out a pair of headphones, and attempts to make it seem like he's drowning himself with music. it was a very normal thing to do in public transport after all. maybe they'll think that kyle wasn't ignoring them, but rather, he's preoccupied with something. the former was rude compared to the latter, and kyle did not want to seem rude.

'i'm sorry, noah, but you wanted this.'

he turns the volume way down, however, listening to what they're going to respond with.

tl;dr:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 15:40:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

"Don't be sorry," Gavin says, because apologies are worthless. Nothing but words. "Be calm."

He'd told her his alias before they'd arrived, and he knew to call her 'Hannah' and not Wendy. There's no time for further candid conversation, then, for the duo of trainers have arrived and taken their place in the seats across.

's comment elicits a quiet laugh, deep and throaty.

"I appreciate the compliment," he says, and there's a warmth in his voice that Gavin himself rarely possesses. "But we're partners only in business."

Gavin leans across the train and extends a hand toward the stranger. "Patrick Cavalli."

tl;dr:
- amused by 's assumption; responds with a correction
- introduces himself as patrick cavalli

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 4:15:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

oh god forbid he actually talked to them. [break][break]

she should be polite and respond, right? it would be rude, after all, if she didn't say anything in response, right? but before she can say anything gavin beat her to the punch and introduces themselves as anything but a couple. wendy on the other end, tries to collect herself while fumbling and fiddling with her fingers in her lap.[break][break]

"y-yes! we are!" she stiffens up, and gives a sparing glance to gavin and his little show. "n-not a-a-about the p-partners! c-couple..! i-i'm--.. i'm a student a-and..!" ah.. she felt incompetent. socializing was not her strong suit. [break][break]

so rather than trying to beat a dead horse (more than she already has), she began to try quieting herself down. "i-i'm sorry.." she sheepishly apologizes, lowering her head to direct her gaze to her lap. god, why did she have to say so many stupid things? dummy wendy, dummy..[break][break]

she began to slowly slick back behind gavin, almost, and narrows her eyes slightly. "m-my name is hannah. i-i'm sorry. i get really nervous.." which is obvious, hearing her stammering.

[break][break]
- wendy's vehemently denying and probably tearing up[break]
- she apologizes for her anxiety and hides behind gavin[break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 4:30:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

In another life, he could've been an actor.

Patrick is not Gavin; as Gavin weathers Wendy's panic and sincerely considers requesting to never be assigned to work with the girl again after this, Patrick Cavalli reaches out to gently squeeze her arm.

"Nothing to be ashamed of," he assures her, but tightens his grip ever-so-slightly before letting go, in the hopes of conveying his earlier reminder. Don't be sorry, be calm. He smiles, and it crinkles his hazel eyes behind the glasses. To Noah, he says, "There's a big conference going on, she's been stressing about it all day. You'll do great, Hannah."

She has to. How much is riding on this? How much trouble would they be in if they let the remnant escape?

"Where are you two headed, then?"

He hated small talk, but if he was to play the part of an honest, friendly man, he might as well indulge in conversation.

tl;dr:
- playing the part of a concerned boss toward
- asks and where they're headed

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 6:43:41 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's careless comment detonates like a bomb. the lady in front of her sputters like a blender without its lid, and as her partner extends his hand, noah hurriedly shakes it before he's splashed.

"noah."

the two seem sweet enough. but the mess he had caused needs kyle's promise of dessert to balance its bitter bedlam. noah offers "hannah" an apologetic smile. however, it breaks quickly at the blond's reply. an unexpected reciprocation. noah's mind blanks.

"uh..." noah finds himself saying, but he stifles the disfluency as he peers at kyle beside him. "dessert. there's a really good place at the next stop. charizard class cakes."

noah feels himself break into a sweat, perhaps enough for kyle to sense his frayed nerves.

tl;dr:
continuing the conversation!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 17:09:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he turns the camera on on his phone as a way to indirectly look at the people with them. he never presses the shutter, however, and simply uses it as a guise of looking busy, when in fact, he simply does not want to talk.

kyle attempts to profile the two based on the limited interaction they had. hannah seems to be that clumsy girl archetype in every anime that'll trip and fall once shit hits the fan. patrick seems to be the responsible person out of the pair, however, and will likely bail them out in case of a terrorist attack. then again, he shouldn't be basing people off of stereotypes anyways.

he heaves a sigh afterwards.

he takes a piece off of his ear, partially taking his eyes off of the screen and to the people he's with. "oh, uh, sorry. the episode ended with a cliffhanger." a bluff. he waves his hand in front of him, as if dismissing the subject, before reaching out for a firm handshake after noah.

"i'm kyle." he leans back to his seat as soon as it ends. "yes. it's also... a very important thing." maybe he should have ignored them for the rest of the conversation, unsure if he said the right thing.

tl;dr:
  • continuing the conversation!

[/quote]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 17:26:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

thank arceus that gavin was there to back her up. [break][break]

... but he kind of scared her more than reassured her. heck, if it weren't for the fact that she was already hiding the majority of her body behind him, the expression of fear and visible shudder running up her spine would be obvious for all to see. thankfully, that wasn't the case here. [break][break]

she takes a deep breath. it'd be better to let gavin handle the conversation, right? she didn't want to cause more trouble than it was worth, especially if it meant making the two other trainers uncomfortable. gods, she felt useless. unlike gavin, she doesn't offer a handshake (solely due to her preference of not touching people directly). that's when she hears desserts enter the conversation. she can talk about that, right?[break][break]

"uhm.." she recomposes herself, fiddling with her fingers in her lap. "i-it's nice to meet you.." she starts, then offering them both a timid smile. "there's a gelato place i go to a lot a--.. a few stops down. all-creamie" which was a play on the pokemon's name. a galarian brand. [break][break]

[break][break]
- continuing the conversation[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 5:32:39 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

EXPRESS BOMB

[attr="class","aname2"]

remnant event: you've got bombs!

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","freiwantpkmn"]

once all were boarded, the train was off. things were going smoothly for the time being as they moved at a casual pace from slateport to mauville. for now, they were allowed to remain rested.

[break][break]

...or so one would assume. this was just too painful to watch. the conversation between the trio ( , , and ) screamed, "don't figure me out!" both the league and team rocket had quite the troublesome operatives working for them. thankfully, this painful conversation would come to be brought to an end from a simple knock upon their cabin door, outside of their cabin a masculine voice shouted, "train attendant, excuse me!"

[break][break]

a code was entered to open their cabin door. "ticket please!" the train attendant requested. once their passes were shown, he'd then come to reveal a cart beside his person outside of the door. the attendant would roll the wooden crate in. the group could see that, atop of the crate, were there four silver platters. "compliments from the train conductor, !" the train attendant would come to blush, "t-to think the hero of hoenn would be on here, i-i'm actually very grateful to you...! thank you for all your hard work!"

[break][break]

and with that he was gone once their tickets were taken care of. next time kyle should probably wear a hat. he was more famous than the average joe, after all; so it was no surprise he'd come to be recognized compared to the other three. lyre, though no comment was made, would be sure to reprimand him later due to overhearing from the base thanks to the rotom.

[break][break]

an envelope resided between the four platters, a knife as well that was to be used in order to open it. on top of the envelope, for whomever were to pick it up, would come to see writing, it read:

you can only do one or the other, not both:[break]
1.) open me up and find out what's inside![break]
2.) keep me sealed and see the delectable meal that awaits you under these platters![break][break]

P.S. i'd be careful answering this if i were you! (: i'll know if you cheat! (;

[break][break]

unaware of what resided within each option. the group had quite a discussion to hold amongst themselves. would their discussion lead to the appropriate answer?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GUIDELINES
[break][break]

below are several guidelines and notes you must follow and consider for the mission event. please pm LIGHT if you have any other questions. these guidelines will be trimmed or omitted for future mod posts in this event.
[break][break]

• tag: , , , and !
  • please include a tl;dr.
  • please try to post for every round of posting. if you miss a few rounds of posting, that is no issue. however, depending on the mod post, the mod may determine what happens to your character should you miss the round.
  • missing too many rounds will result in lesser rewards or no rewards.
  • please TAG LIGHT on discord or @ CADIS when you've chosen your answer! take as long as you need, but not too long! conduct a discussion for as long as it's needed icly, when you're ready just tag me and this account!
  • notes: a train attendant suddenly entered your train cabin! he requested to check your tickets, once that was done he'd leave you all with a nice little cart filled with items on it. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message me!!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 0:28:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

He's Elite Four.

The idle conversation of bakeries and sweet shops fades into the background of Gavin's mind as an attendant arrives and greets the quietest of the four by name. It's a name Gavin's heard: Kyle Lopez, a member of the Elite.

They've given Rocket trouble in the past.

His mask of careful composure hides the trepidation he's now feeling, and he hopes to Arceus or whatever powers might have influence that Wendy doesn't have some kind of a nervous breakdown and — admit their damn plans, or something, he doesn't know what she might do!

The envelope's closest to him, so Gavin takes it between his fingers and frowns as he reads the first couple lines. Realizing it's a message for the group as a whole, he clears his throat and starts over, reading aloud.

"Well that's a bit creepy," he says, with a chuckle that's low in his throat. He looks around the train car, wondering if the individual that's watching them is doing so through a camera or some other means. Passing the envelope to so that he can verify what's written, Gavin inspects the silver dome in front of him with a frown. "What do you think we should do?"

His tone is calm and casual, not wanting to let the others in on the fact that he's very suspicious. Was this some kind of trick put in place by the remnant they'd been sent to eliminate?

tl;dr:
- realises who is, y i k e s
- picks up the envelope and reads aloud
- passes envelope to
- asks the group what they want to do

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 6:25:32 GMT
noah faber Avatar

all thoughts of gelato melt away in favor for the suspicious envelope. "patrick's" reading rings ominously, like a scary campfire story told from the perspective of a clown. peering at the others, noah arches a brow, playing dumb.

"i had no idea the trains had mini-games like this."

lured by curiosity, he leans against kyle's arm as he tries to discern any translucency in the envelope's material. no luck.

"let's open it." noah says, and he matches wendy's eyes. "hannah's already nervous enough about meeting us- i mean, who wouldn't be... two good looking guys like us, heh, heh!"

he swiftly moves on, realizing his joke is out of place as it echoes against the eerie platters.

"uhhh, anyway! i'd rather rip off the bandaid."

tl;dr:
noah suggests opening the envelope instead!