Chocolate and Cinnamon [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2019 3:21:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Eloise smiled sweetly at the cluster of ladies who huddled in the private room of her antiquities shoppe. ”Bonjour, Madames. I am glad to see you all tonight.” She greeted her book club. With a sweep of her hand she presented a tray of finger foods she had prepared. ”The hot chocolate will be ready any minute. Please, have some of these while we wait.” The women, all dressed in various kinds of night gowns, delighted at the food and took the tray to pass around.

Eloise swished back into the kitchenette, which sat in a little pocket in the corner of the front room, to keep an eye on the hot chocolate that was gently bubbling away on the stove. It was an old recipe her mother had taught her -- her Mama had taught her. A wave of grief washed over her as she recalled Mama whisking from one end of their kitchen to the other. She had always been so eager for the cold - it was an excuse to make the sweetest hot chocolate.

The click of Nell’s nails across the dark wood floor drew Eloise back to her own small kitchen. ”Nell,” She gave her hound a soft smile. ”Get settled, mon amie.” She could hear the women chatting about their latest read: All Night’s Eve. It wasn’t the best of books but it filled a dull night just fine. Nell sighed heavily before pacing back to the long pokemon bed, beside the stairs. Henri huffed at her as the female houndoom prodded across his half of the poke-bed and then settled down on her own half of the bed with a grunt.

The store was filled with the sweet smell of warm chocolate and cinnamon cookies. The lights in the front were all dimmed - providing only a low warm light to cast long shadows across all the antique and oddities stocked on her shelves. In all the excitement she had forgotten to flick off her sign - leaving the little blue ‘open’ sign glowing softly in the front window of her store.

tldr:
- Eloise is baking cookies and making hot chocolate
for her book club.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 23:50:35 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
Bryan had been coming back from an unsuccessful night at the bar, he tried to pick up some guy but it seemed that because of the christmas spirit everyone was already coupled up. He took a sip of his drink while he walked home (covered by a brown bag of course, he isnt THAT much of a degenerate.) He had audino walking besides him, he usually had a Pokemon walking by his side at any given moment. She was apparently really interested in his snowy foot prints he was leaving as she walked behind him. He stopped to look at her and put his hand on her head and gave her a soft pat. It was around this time of the year he really appreciated his Pokemon, they were the only consistent family he had besides rocket plus the amount of time it's saved his butt by taking care of him when he was sick or badly injured from getting into scraps and fights.

He gave audino a quick kiss on top of his head as well. "Thanks for always being there." audino stood there shocked really, Bryan was never mean to her and usually nice but he wasn't the type who would always openly share his feelings. It could sense his genuineness and gave a happy little cry to show how happy she was for the affection. Then again she kind of expected it since he usually began to act like this when that brown bag was around. He had started to make his way back to his temporary home, a woman from Kalos had taken him in allowing him to stay at her place. She was a rather nice woman, took him in while he had no one else around so he felt indebted to her, he pondered what she'd probably like for the holidays but really knew little about what she liked or what she needed, plus that wasnt really his style... Maybe Audino and Lily could help? After all despite being pokemon...they had a knick for fancy items and stuff..especially audino for some reason REALLY liked shiny gem things.

He had made it back home, the antique shop she ran that also doubled as their home. He opened the door gently yet a bit clumsy, oops. He came in and with the help of audino took his boots off at the door and his coat as well. At the same time the two of them began to smell the air, the scent wafted towards the boy, luring him towards the kitchen. He turned the corner and saw Eloise there she could see him too, his face red from the snow or maybe the liquor he had been drinking previously. Audino came into the kitchenette rushing past him to say hello to Eloise raising her hands up wanting to help since she liked this kind of stuff. "Well, seems like Audi wants to help." he said as he walked towards Henri and Nell and pet the two dog pokemon feeling like they'd like some head pats as well and offered them a small but bit drunk smile. While crouched down petting the two dog pokemon, he had heard women in the other room chatting to one another, he turned his head towards the noise for a second "Oh, sorry didnt see you had guests. Im gonna go to my room and stay out of the way." He said quickly moving with a panicked face to his temporary room Eloise most likely seeing the brown bag that was in his grip. He had a hunch what she was about to try, oh god.

@eloise
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 4:33:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The sound of the front door stirred Eloise from her thoughts. She leaned back slightly and peeked at the front door to see who had come in. Nell and Henri, who had a better view of the door, lifted their heads and let out short woofs before recognition had them settled back on to their pillow. On spying her guest Eloise gave a soft smile and returned to her pot of hot chocolate. He’d made it back home just fine -- as she thought he would but she couldn’t help that little bit of worry that had settled in the back of her mind.

The smell of alcohol rolled around the corner as Bryan drew closer. She gave him a quick smile. ”Oh, Bonjour!” She had originally meant to greet Bryan but her attention was quickly stolen by his sweet little Audino. ”You are such a sweetheart! One moment, mon ami, I will get the cups and you can help.”

She nodded at Bryan’s words. ”Oui, it does look like she wants to help. She is sweeter than sugar, if you ask me.” She spoke as opened up the cabinet beside the stove, pulled down mugs, and began to ladle hot chocolate into them.

The pair of houndooms welcomed Bryan’s attention perhaps a little too much and Nell nuzzled her way between Henri’s head and Bryan’s pets. But their excitement was brief as Bryan began his attempt to escape.

Eloise’s eyes snapped to the boy. ”Oh, no don’t be silly!” She grasped a mug and turned towards him. ”We have hot chocolate and cookies.” She lifted the mug to display the drink to him. ”And we might start telling scary stories later. Surely you have some interesting ones.” She teased lightly as she edged closer towards him. ”I’m sure no one would notice if you added a little something extra?” Her eyes flitted to the brown bag he was grasping.

Just as she thought he might try to flee, she offered him the mug. ”If you lay down now, you may not feel the best in the morning. Perhaps we could get some food in you first?” Her tone was softer and more serious -- almost motherly, and she gave him a hopeful look.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 16:26:34 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

I KNOW I TOOK THE PATH THAT YOU WOULD NEVER WANT FOR ME

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad2"]

Bryan smiled as Audi wanted to help Eloise, she got right to work staring intensely at the pot to ensure anything with the drink wouldnt go wrong. He did laugh a bit though since Audino seemed to have inherited his trait of being extremely stubborn. She seemed insistent on putting an obscene amount of sugar into the pot trying to tippy toe and pour half the bag inside of it. She just knew bryan liked sugar so she wanted to make sure he liked it by adding a ton of what he likes right? Bryan stood up, using his hands on his knees to push himself up. "Cmon now you, i know you wanna help but let Eloise work her magic." he said as he tried to pull her away from the bag of sugar she seemed to pout angrily so Bryan tried to distract her "Ya know what audi? I need you to do me a super duper special favor." he said crouching down to her like a child. "I need you to go to our room and bring me a little small bottle with a..."[break][break]

he hesitated for a while trying to remember what the bottle looked like. "With like an amber liquid inside. can you do that?" he said to her as she nodded her head readily and ran off to the room he was using. "That'll distrct her for a bit, sorry she really likes to help even if she has no clue what she's doing." he said casually "Also that bottle's out of reach for her so it should be a few minutes before she's back. so hopefully you can finish the hot chocolate in time." he said as he began to turn the corner before Eloise told him it might be a better idea to stay and eat some food, even offering to spike his hot chocolate. He paused for a moment considering her offer, he really really hated talking but he did enjoy booze so he was easily bought..he also knew Eloise was not going to take no for an answer and he was too tired/drunk to even resist her will. [break][break]

He did look angry for a split second, Eloise had acted in a motherly manner. He really didnt want to be reminded of his family but he couldnt help it with how she was acting but this time he obliged but not before she could notice the scowl for a few seconds. "fineeee, you're probably right." he said waiting for her to instruct him. [break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad1"]

Tags: @eloise

0000 WORDS

[attr="class","lovemad1"]

NOTES:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2020 15:39:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“Oh good~” She hummed. ”First thing’s first, you will need pajamas.” She waved a hand at his clothes. ”But to make sure you don’t get lost in there, Nell will go with you.” The houndoom stood in response to her name. ”I will make you something a little more substantial than cookies and hot chocolate.” She drew back into the kitchenette and set the mug down with the others she had gathered on the kitchen counter. ”I expect you soon.” She sang and set to work finalizing her guests’ drinks.

”Nell.” she said over her shoulder. ”Not too long, mon ami.” She felt confident that between Audi and Nell, the two of them could keep Bryan from flopping on his bed and hiding in his room for the night. Nell pranced around Bryan eagerly - nudging him in the back of the leg with her nose. She was a smart houndoom. Henri was too but he didn’t have the patience that Nell did -- no eagerness to please and just a dash less friendly.