orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
galaxy [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 10:24:13 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion hasn't returned to Meteor Falls since the incident. Even now, he avoids the part of the cave that he knows will make him think of blood and death, of an innocent life ripped away by Hydreigon's jaws. He hasn't brought his Hydreigon, this time.

Instead, the way is forged by the ghostly purple light of a Chandelure. Phantom lives up to his name, drifting silently through the air a few feet ahead. Shadows dance upon the walls and the duo appear to be alone... until that dim light illuminates the scattered remnants of a dig-site, and a man who appears to be hard at work looking for... what?

Surprisingly, Orion thinks he knows the answer.

He clears his throat.

"Excuse me. Ranger Lykos; are you investigating the mining operation here?"

It had been called to the attention of the rangers thanks to the disturbance of the cave, which was the natural habitat of many Pokemon. Unsanctioned mining operations weren't common, but they were problematic when they did occur. Orion's heard that they've got some sort of investigator on the case, but he isn't sure why. Was it that high profile?

Chandelure hovers ominously at his side.

notes:
~

@looker

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
galaxy [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 21:50:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH

[attr="class","skullbody"]
[break][break]

"Ahah."[break][break]

A large pawprint made itself faintly visible in the brownish dirt nearby the main dig site. Viridian eyes ran across the imprint like a machine, taking in images and churning out rough measurements in the back of the investigator's mind. With a long and satisfied sigh, he rises from his kneeling position, quickly dusting the dirt off his leather long coat and turning his gaze to the evening sky. With a tired hand Tobias removes his other glove, wiping down the sweat and dirt that had settled on his forehead over the course of the past few hours. [break][break]

He then snaps his fingers. "Slick, camera."[break][break]

Suddenly, a nearby bush rustles intensely. A small and stout Croagunk - the astute and talented Slick - lazily waddles out from the shrubbery, dragging a smaller grey polaroid camera behind itself. A drawn-out sigh (crossed with a weird rumbling croak) escapes its maw once it spots it's intended target, jostling the camera in front of itself with a webbed hand and softly bopping the topmost button (it had bright red tape on it) with the other. [break][break]

Button pressed. Whirr. Out comes a picture. Slick deftly snatches the article and offers it up to Looker. Croooaak.[break][break]

He really was getting better at it. Toby softly grins, kneeling down and retrieving the picture in exchange for a pat on the Croagunk's lavender head.
A long day of busywork seemed to pay off in the end, though Toby questioned if it was worth the hours upon hours of mucking about in this dig site. Surprisingly, despite the warnings his clients gave him, there weren't as many wild pokemon out and about at this time of the day - not that anyone's complaining, as it's one less headache to deal with during such a precise investigation process. It wouldn't have hurt to give Slick some more combat practice though - the lazy Croagunk could use a little elbow grease when he isn't being spooked to death by Carstein and Jack.[break][break]

Tobias frowns at the thought. When was the last time I trained the three of them? His thought process is promptly cut short by a set of footfalls approaching up the path, turning his unfocused gaze towards the noise; a faint silhouette of a man, barely illuminated by Chandelure that hovered ominously by his side. Almost immediately, Slick scrambles to Looker's side, rolling between the investigator's legs and warily puffing out its venomous cheeks with a warning croak.[break][break]

Toby rolls his eyes. "At ease, officer Slick," he said before softly bapping the frog on the head with his foot, which pacified it almost instantly. He turned his attention towards the stranger, digging his hands into his coat pockets as he steps over the scattered dig site's remains to approach him.[break][break]

"That I am. You'll have to forgive my 'associate' here, we weren't expecting any visitors at this time," Toby mused calmly, reaching his into his coat and withdrawing a small card-like object - it looks like it doubles as a license and business card. "Toby Looker, PI. Some of your colleagues in the rangers stepped into my office the other day with news of unsanctioned mining going on in Meteor Falls."[break][break]

"... I'll assume you weren't expecting them to hire a PI for that. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting it either."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/1bbV7rz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
galaxy [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 10:53:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RELICANTH APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / swift swim[break]
head smash / take down / rest / rock tomb
[break][break]

& @looker

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BUIZEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / swift swim[break]
aqua jet / whirlpool / agility / sonic boom
[break][break]

& @looker

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
galaxy [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 11:54:48 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

As the Croagunk aggressively postures in defense of its trainer, Orion's eyes flick to it. His Chandelure, on the other hand, seems not to react at all: it only continues to hover, eerie light dancing across the abandoned dig-site.

The threat is neutralized, and Orion's gaze finds the investigator once more.

"Correct." It seemed strange that they'd bring in outsiders. He supposed that meant they were even more short-handed than usual. Orion's recent promotion certainly hadn't helped when it came to his own schedule. "Unsanctioned mining happens. It's frustrating, but it happens; every now and then some idiot thinks they'll trip over a mega stone with a pickaxe and a little luck."

His dry tone suggests his exasperation.

He turns his head at the sound of splashing, Pokemon in a nearby pond. But he's mid-conversation, and quickly returns to it.

"So what makes this one so different? This culprit of yours."

notes:
passing!

@looker

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]