all work and no play

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
all work and no play
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 12:22:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

it was said that all work and no play was bad for one's health.it was also said that you shouldn't live where you work, but magnolia found that having her residence close to the space she had rented out for her lab worked better than having to make a long journey any time inspiration hit. it also made it incredibly easy to drag herself up to her bed if she had been working for too long - or, it would have, had she actually listened to her body.

the scientist had been working for days to try and come up with a solution as to why an important compound in her mixture continued to break down instead of remain stable, only to come up empty handed, her frustration growing by the hour. curses had filled the once quiet workspace as magnolia pushed herself away from her desk, her glasses remove from her face so that she could drag her free hand down it in her exasperation.

though mangolia was one to rarely ask for help, her anger had reached its peak over a day ago, resulting in her reaching out to her rocket contacts in an effort to find someone that could help her. they're on their way was the message she had received .. sometime ago. how long had it been? in fact, where in the fresh hell was her phone? sighing heavily and rolling her eyes, she made her way across the lab to where her phone set on the counter - forgotten for arceus knows how long.

just as she was beginning to scroll through her notifications to see if she had missed a call, a knock on her door pulled her from her thoughts and drew her attention to the door. "just a moment!" the soft clicking of her heels gradually became louder as magnolia neared the door, quickly chancing a glance through the peephole before unlocking the door and pulling it open halfway. "are you the one they sent to help?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
all work and no play
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 6:24:12 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

he does not look the part. aside from his ever-carved scowl and twisted horns of his furrowed brow, elijah does not look the part of a rocket contact or of an intellectual. in both of his hands, elijah hauls two sets of black plastic planters like grocery bags.

"i better be." beside his feet, a parasect greets magnolia with a chipper flick of its claw. "i don't want to carry this shit all the way back."

he knocks the planter against the half-opened door. rich brown soil scatters on the floor, and some crumbs litter inside magnolia's home.

"elijah gardner." he swings the planter against the door again. the same mess. the greeting of debris. "now let me in."

@magnolia / <3