awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 4:21:53 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The twelfth hour had struck. A day ago, Remy hadn't imagined he would be sitting on the front porch of a creaky old house on the rural outskirts of Fortree City waiting for ghosts, but... here he was. The old woman had been kind enough, at least, to bring him some tea. Although, to be frank, it was a rather subpar blend of chamomile. Like something she'd purchased at the dollar store. Regardless, he sipped from it as the suspended bench he sat on gently swayed back and forth. The Sinistea hovering alongside his shoulder would mimic the teacup's movements with each sip Remy took. It almost appeared as if an invisible phantom were sitting beside him, enjoying tea as well.

Wearing a brown leather jacket, black trousers, and dark brown loafers, Remy leaned forward and propped his elbows on his knees as he stared at the peach tree in their large front yard. Among the flowers and bushes, it appeared... out of place for some reason. Definitely old. From its base, it split apart into five thick branches like a black hand rising from the ground. There were all but four pink petals clinging to life on it. One of them fell just as he regarded it with his eyes. He watched it slowly drift downward, riding the chilly air effortlessly.

Wasn't someone else supposed to be here waiting for ghosts with him?

— @bean6

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 17:18:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Working some odd-jobs for extra cash while her intern paperwork was sorted was not Andi's favourite thing in the world. In fact, it was far from it. She just wanted to be out there! Discovering truths! Unraveling mysteries!

Well, ghost-warding was close enough, she supposed.

Rounding up to the little area - which, oddly enough, seems like it should belong in some slasher flick, and gives her second thoughts about actually doing this - Andi places her hands on her hips as she stops in front of the man who seems to be her partner for this mission, tonight.

"Hello." She lilts, her accent very clear in the minimal syllables. Andi extends her arm to the young man, fingers splayed for a handshake. "Chandler Reed. They seem to have sent me to help you whilst we wait for the..." She makes a face. "Ghosts."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 18:22:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel leaned back on the swaying bench as he heard footsteps approaching. Cradling his cup of tea on his lap, he turned to regard the newcomer with a dispassionate look as his Sinistea swiftly floated ahead to examine her. Keeping itself an arm's length away and silently encircling her, the haunted teacup eventually decided she wasn't an obvious threat and tilted itself towards its master— a nod. It then swiftly took its place floating beside his shoulder as he got up from his seat to greet her. 

Holding his cup of tea in one hand, Remy extends the other to shake her hand after she offers it. "You don't seem particularly fond of the type," The blue-grey eyed young man remarked, dropping his hand away from hers. Briefing shifting his eyes towards his Sinistea, he continued. "Though I suppose most of them do have a reputation for mischief." The Sinistea appeared insulted, sharply turning towards its master and poking out from the teacup as an amorphous blob of purple. But its master ignored it.

"My name's Remiel." He added.

Having withheld his last name for fear of unwanted publicity, he sauntered over towards the edge of the wooden porch's fence and sighed. Leaning forward and propping his arms onto it, the young lad took a sip from his steamy tea and kept his sharp eyes locked on the wizened peach tree in front of them. "What do you propose makes this tree so special, hm?"

— @bean6

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 9:50:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi blushes, because, she did not realize that the dossier had meant ghost-types, and not... Actual ghosts. Well, now her interest was a little less piqued, and she feels a little dumb.

Okay, not a little. A lot, dumb.

"Oh, no. I assumed... They meant... Actual ghosts." She gestures to the tree awkwardly, shuffling her hands around before tucking them behind her back, so she didn't look completely useless. Her eyes wander to the tree, and she shrugs her shoulders, taking a seat on the swinging chair. Her feet barely touch the ground once she's seated, so she stands up again, restlessly.

"Oh, I have no idea... Maybe they like the peaches?" Andi glances over to Remy and smiles nervously, shrugging her shoulders. She also gives a little wave to his companion. "Haven't seen a sinistea in a looooong time." Her smile softens. "Years, really."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 2:12:20 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel had never heard anything about Ghost-type Pokémon liking (or even having eaten) peaches before. But he had heard a thing or two about shinigami liking apples, so perhaps there was a connection there? "Hm." Regardless, he shifted his glance over to Andi when she regarded his Sinistea. She hadn't seen one for years? "Are you originally from Galar?" He unabashedly inquired without hesitation. After all, he'd been looking for descendants of Galar since he disembarked. They seemed scarce in Hoenn. It would be a surprise to have one dropped on his proverbial lap.

The floating teacup at his side, in the meantime, returned Andi's gesture with a short bow. Though the amorphous blob of purple inside it seemed to be on the verge of spilling out like thick honey, Earl Grey seemed to have calibrated the perfect tilt with which to prevent that. One could say the Sinistea brimmed with posture and politeness. A result of its strict training at Hammerlocke University, no doubt.

— @bean6

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 4:36:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Yes." Andi answers simply, before smiling and gesturing to him. "I am. And I'm guessing from the accent, you are as well?" She takes a moment, appreciating the sweetness of the sinistea, who was bowing, and gives the little teacup a bow, herself. She grins and wiggles her fingers in a little wave.
[break][break]
As she turns her head back to Remy, she smiles softly and raises her eyebrows at him. "I'm from Wyndon, but I would take a taxi into Hammerlocke every day for school, so I suppose I'm a bit of both." Her lips release a sigh as she leans forwards onto the banister of the porch. "Where'd you get the cup of tea? The owner of the home?" She blinks and looks over her shoulder at the door. "I should... let them know I'm here, probably." And maybe get her own self a cuppa.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 6:15:19 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel nods in response to Chandler's correct assessment, though he withholds the name of his birthplace and original home. Connecting a 'Remiel from Hammerlocke City' to the publicized Calcifet royal family would be far too easy. And he didn't care for that attention or conversation.

When his decision to remain quiet is justified by her mention of having lived between Wyndon and Hammerlocke, Remiel takes a sip from his tea and turns back to the peach tree. It is then that she asks where he received his Sinistea from. And, though he is a great many things, he is not a liar by nature. "The dean of Hammerlocke University gave him to me as a graduation gift." Just as she had turned for the door and he'd spoken, however, an alarming presence appears. He sets his cup down as he watches it:

A dark shadow, extending out from the bushes and creeping towards the peach tree...

"We have company."

— @bean6

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 22:13:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi's mouth falls open, because she realizes in the moment he says it, who this must be, before her attention is directed towards a shadow that was slowly encroaching on the peach tree's personal space. "So it seems." She murmurs, vowing to herself that the previous conversation was not over.

Call it the curious journalist side to her, but she suddenly wants to know so very much more about Remy. Or, as he was known back home - Remiel Calcifet. She knows him from vague news articles, tending to shy away from the spotlight - his accomplishments were countless to her at the moment, because she was a little busy thinking about this shadowy figure to really think about what else he was famous for.

"Well, let's begin." She pulls out a pokeball and releases Kip, her arcanine, to pounce on the shadow, warding it off with soft flames contained by sharp fangs and teeth. Andi crosses the lawn to stand next to him, patting his side, gently. "What do you suppose it is?" Andi glances over her shoulder at Remy, and smiles.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 6:30:56 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Earl Grey spins in the air and takes its place in front of its master, ready for direction as the shadow continues its soundless stretch. The two watch as Chandler summons her Arcanine and burn away at said shadow with flaming fangs. The entity retreats into the dark interior of a nearby bush... but soon thereafter large red eyes appear.

"It's a Banette."

Sure enough, the smirking marionette doll has the gall to step out from the bush in its full form. As it lifts its sleeves and its eyes glow purple, it reveals a web of phantasmic threads extending out from each of its tattered fingers. They lead towards other points of shadow in the area... and, gradually, other Ghost-type Pokémon emerge from these shadows. A Misdreavus, two Shuppet, a Yamask, a Gastly, and a Haunter: all possessed and controlled by the devious puppet-master.

Sensing the emergence of a battle, the Banette swiftly recedes into the shadow once more as its league of Ghost-type Pokémon converge towards Arcanine and Chandler. "Earl Grey, Protect!" Remiel commands, watching as a powerful barrier prevents the Phantump from stabbing itself into Chandler and leeching her with its horn. "Shadow Ball!" As he hops over the porch fence, his Sinistea quickly gathers a mass of spherical dark energy before blasting the Phantump away with it.

"We take out the Banette and these things should disperse." Remy informs his partner, taking his side by her. Though it was certainly a case of easier said than done with so many enemies surrounding them and a Pokémon with a talent for trickery and concealment...

— @bean6

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 22:29:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi stares at the little scene unfolding in front of her. Ghost pokemon, a banette, and them, between it all. All over a peach tree. The woman lets out a sigh and pinches the bridge of her nose. "Really would have liked some tea, first." She mumbles, before nodding at Remy's words.

"You're right. That seems like the best course of action." Her fingertips glide over Kip's fur, before climbing up onto his back, patting his neck. "Let's get it, then." She grins down at Remy, eyebrows raising, before feeling Kip launch towards the ghost pokemon, batting the two shuppet's right out of the air.

They land on the ground after hitting a couple of trees, before Kip goes after the Yamask with his fangs, mouth full of fire.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 3:14:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
TAG @bean6
POKÉMON

NOTES

when ghosts attack!
Seeing as how the Banette refused to play fair, Remiel abandoned his efforts as a gentleman in battle and reached for a luxury ball clipped to his belt. "Nagato. It's your turn." He spoke, watching as the uniquely colored Grovyle emerged from a beam of golden light. The many leaves protruding from its lithe body shuddered as it stretched upward, eager to engage in whatever conflict its master had brought him out for. "A trickster hides in the shadows nearby. Find it and eliminate it."

Turning to Remiel just in time to see him pointing towards the shadowy bushes across the way, Nagato manages to comprehend the command before darting forward towards it with exceptional speed. When the possessed Misdreavus attempts to intercept and blast it with a Psywave, the leafy green raptor uses Detect to swerve out of the way of the psychadelic waves1. Then, without skipping a beat, it surrounds itself in a dark energy before pouncing on the Pokémon with Pursuit2. It savagely tears out the equivalent of the Misdreavus' neck with darkened fangs while Remy and Earl Grey deal with the others.

With Chandler's Arcanine making short work of the two Shuppet and the Yamask, Earl Grey is quick to set its sights on the large Haunter and its Gastly sidekick. Just as the former leaped in for a Shadow Claw, Remy swiftly issued his command to the battle-ready Sinistea. "Sucker Punch." It manifested a spectral arm and clawed hand of thin air, gripping it tight into a fist before darting forward and punching the Haunter right in the gut with it3. Unfortunately, the damage dealt was not enough to put a pause on the Haunter's own attack. The Shadow Claw was delivered and landed successfully promptly thereafter4.

The floating teacup instantly chipped apart before flying backward towards the back porch. With a bit of luck and quick reflexes, Remiel jumped up to catch it before it hit the wall. As he cradled it in his hands, it was clear the sentient ectoplasm within it was worse for wear. Which certainly didn't help the fact that the puppeteered Gastly was headed straight for him with no intention of mercy.

1 Shiny Grovyle used Detect, evading Misdreavus' Psywave!
2 Shiny Grovyle used Pursuit, knocking out Misdreavus!
3 Sinistea used Sucker Punch!
4 Sinistea was hit by Haunter's Shadow Claw!
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:48:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Once Andi dispatches with her share of the ghost pokemon, she whirls around to find Remiel and his companion - who was now cracked, and looking a little worse-for-wear - being assaulted by the gastly. Damn.

She spins Kip around and runs for them, feeling Kip leap over the shrubs and bushes and land in front of the porch, maw open wide. For good measure, he blows a flamethrower at the gastly, watching it blow away from the other two.

Andi hops down as Kip goes off to keep fighting, holding onto the banister of the porch. "Is he okay?" She asks, eyes wide. The poor thing.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 9:21:23 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
TAG @bean6
POKÉMON

NOTES

let's finish thiiiiis
With severely needed time bought by Chandler's Arcanine, Earl Grey was given a chance to pull itself back together again in Remiel's hands. Pieces of its teacup remained missing but Remy knew— through some mysterious method known only to the specter— it would rebuild itself over time. He turns to Chandler when she asks about its well-being. "He's fine. He simply needed a moment to bounce back." Just then, the chipped teacup rises from Remy's hands and zips to and fro, speedier than before1

Pointing towards the Haunter, Remiel bid it to help finish the job with Arcanine. "Shadow Ball." And Earl Grey happily did as he was told, charging up a dark ball of energy before it launched it across the way and watched it strike the devilish phantom with great effect2.

Meanwhile, the Grovyle that had been released to discover the puppet-master had finished its work with its latest victim. After prowling the dark bushes, the keen raptor eventually discovered the moving shadow, scaring it out from the leafage as it gave chase. Before the Banette could sink into the shadow of another bush nearby, the sharp leaves on Grovyle's arms began to glow an intense green. Then, in one swift motion, it struck the Banette and cut all of its thin glowing threads in the process3.

The Banette clung to life afterwards. But the threads it had been using to control the other Pokémon were severed. Released from their possession, they would fade away.

1 Sinistea's ability, Weak Armor, activates! -1 DEF, +1 SPD
2 Sinistea uses Shadow Ball on Haunter!
3 Shiny Grovyle finds and lands a critical hit on Banette with Leaf Blade!
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:41:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

With all the pokemon dispatched, and everyone recovering from the wild little battle, Chandler glances over to the peach tree and wrinkles her nose. "All this over peaches? Those must be some bloody good fruit." She huffs and claps her hands clean, before brushing herself off.

As Kip returns to her, Chandler pats him gently on the side and glances back to Remiel, her eyes narrow as she raises her eyebrow. "What do you suppose is so special about them?" She turns around to inspect the tree, looking it up and down, before glancing over as the grovyle returns with the unconscious banette.

"Ah, we've caught our suspect! We should probably take it and re-release it somewhere far away. Maybe another region?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,522 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
sweet as a peach [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 3:53:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
TAG @bean6
POKÉMON

NOTES

fin?
Nagato, his shiny Grovyle, drops the unconscious Banette at his feet like a proud dog having caught a bird. Pleased, Remiel offers it a scratch under the chin before returning it to its luxury ball. After clipping it back onto his belt, he does the same with the Sinistea in his palm before casting his nonchalant blue-grey eyes down at the ragged puppet. "Some legends state that evil spirits are drawn to peach trees during the new year." He explains, crouching down to pluck the puppet's arm up off the ground before dropping it again. "Mesmerized by its life-force, or some other such nonsense."

It is then that he turns to Chandler as she suggests dropping it off... in another region. "Mm... no." Honestly, he's not sure if she's joking or not. Regardless, he takes the initiative and picks up the unconscious Banette himself, cradling it in one arm before standing up again. "We can drop it off at the local Pokémon center. They'll take it off our hands, and we can inform the league of our success." He nods, beginning to walk off afterwards.

"Perhaps we can grab tea afterwards... you weren't missing out on the tea here, believe me."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW