works like magic [rr]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 1:26:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]blue was ill, the league were in need of more herbs, and iris had yet to patrol this area of hoenn yet. the logic was sound enough, but something still didn't sit quite right.
[break][break]
"why do they need healing?" she asks, tailing close behind adam, "don't you need strong pokemon?"
[break][break]
from what she'd heard, being a ranger was a tough job. she couldn't imagine a subpar pokemon would be able to undertake such a workload.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: mission

[break][break]

TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamRight]float:right;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#989fb1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 2:12:37 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
An actual job, and as long as Adam kept his cool and nothing went south then it should be an easy one too. Just get the stuff for the medicine and deliver and or use the goods. ”What?” What sort of a question was that? ”Uh cause they’re sick? What do you mean by why?” He laughed, though he was pretty sure this shouldn’t be funny.

”Umm of course strong Pokémon are useful and needed but everyone, Pokémon and humans alike get sick and don’t feel well.” Why was he explaining this to her? Shouldn’t she know this?

”So we just get them back into tip-top shape.” What a weird thing to ask.

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 3:16:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]his laughter does nothing to explain things. iris huffs in frustration.
[break][break]
"just seems like a waste of time, that's all."
[break][break]
though iris still had to be shown the area, they could have very well focused on that better without these herbs they had to look out for. what about next time? were they expected to come here again for that purpose alone?
[break][break]
"we just had someone we gave them to," she goes on to explain, her tone showing she expected adam to already know this, "then we wait for a new one."
[break][break]
pokemon got ill weren't pokemon for battles. if you asked iris what happened to them after they were handed off, she couldn't have given you a straight answer. she suspected they met a variety of fates, from experimentation with the scientists, or being sold off to people unaware of their physical health (easy money, really).
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 3:54:17 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Oh man this was definitely going to be one of those moments that tried Adam’s patience. He stopped, turning to Iris, giving her a puzzled look. Honestly he shouldn’t be surprised that the girl had this sort of mentality when it came to the treatment of Pokémon and her views on them.

After all she was in rocket and from the way things looked she was basically raised by them. It was strange, she came off as such a nice and polite individual but she harbored some pretty bad views. He didn’t think part of the job would be teaching this sort of stuff.

”So you’re telling me whenever a Pokémon got sick or injured you just got rid of them?” Adam ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply as he did so before then shaking his head. ”Jeez man that’s just terrible. I knew rocket was heartless but I at least thought they gave some shit about their own Pokémon.” Just thinking about it made him sick.

”Alright well we don’t do that kind of screwed up shit. We don’t just toss people or Pokémon away because of their sick or injured.” While he was giving her a stern look he wasn’t upset with her.

”How would you feel if someone threw you out just cause you got sick?” He was almost afraid of what her answer would be.

”I imagine pretty shitty, right? Abandoning someone is a terrible thing to do, and Pokémon feels the same way people do.”

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 20:44:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she can't understand his bleeding heart. it wasn't just him, many at the league cared for pokemon like they were...people. it was easy to write it off as the reason for rocket's superiority, but then they fell, and iris wasn't sure what to think.
[break][break]
the ranger seemed adamant on the similarity between themselves and pokemon. she couldn't bring herself to tell him he was only wasting his energy--she got just as good results treating her pokemon in the way the league had looked down on so.
[break][break]
"i didn't say you couldn't get ill," she muttered, "you just can't show it."
[break][break]
everyone got ill, that much was correct. iris had found herself under the weather a number of times working for rocket, but she would never tell a soul. if any pokemon of hers was ill, they should be smart enough to work twice as hard to cover it up as she did.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 16:56:55 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
It was quite unfortunate that a kid like her was raised within Rocket. This mentality that he was sure was drilled into her was disheartening. But Adam wouldn’t dwell on it much, not now at least. They had a job to do and they were right about in the place they needed to be. This would be a good test, see where she was in terms of being able to perform her ranger tasks.

”Alright, this should be good enough.” Adam stopped and turned to Iris, a smirk on his face. ”We’ll put a lynchpin in this conversation for later. And trust me we’ll talk more about this later.” He began, looking around at the forest around them.

”You know what we’re looking for right?” The older ranger took a seat up against a tree, getting rather relaxed. ”Go on then, I’m sure you can find it on your own.” After he spoke he stretched his body and let out a loud yawn.

”I’m going to just take a nice little nap here until you get back.” He’d then fold his arms and close his eyes.

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 21:39:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she doesn't know what else there is to talk about, but since the conversation's been put to an end (for now, at least) she decides any doubts could be saved for later. iris watches the man take a seat, it takes a few moment for his words to process.
[break][break]
"wait, really?!" her shock isn't so much at his laziness, but the fact he's letting her wander off (albeit, not very far off) on her own. the league had been treating her like some ticking bomb as of yet, and most of her supervisors that weren't adam seemed to regard her with a thinly disguised disdain. "i mean, of course!"
[break][break]
she hurries off almost immediately, eager to please. they'd been shown a picture of what they were looking for before leaving: a plant with small white flowers, though it was the root they were really interested in. she crouches to get a better look, sifting through the cluster of flora before her.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 17:41:47 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam smiled as he heard her run off. He knew how the league and his other colleagues viewed the girl and treated her. Sure she had a muddied past and some of her views were less than ideal but she was still a person, and a kid on top of that.

Besides she’d never grow if all they did was hover over her and not let her act on her own at some point. And given that she always seemed eager to please, Adam didn’t worry at all about her running off or doing something stupid since he wasn’t watching over her.

This would also help him evaluate what else she’ll need to know about ranger work. Knowing the lay of the land was extremely important and this sort of job was something rangers would get frequently. While something like this might seem boring it was important to work and having to fend off rampaging Pokémon or poachers, while might sound fun, can get stressful.

And besides, her proving she can operate on her own will go a long way with the higher-ups. Probably make things a lot easier for her moving forward if they trusted her more than they currently don’t.

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 2:41:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]it doesn't take much longer, a moment or two more of searching and-- "aha! got it!" iris takes care in digging up the dirt around the plant as to not damage its roots. lifting it out of the ground, she snaps the stem and places the roots in a small cotton pouch. she's waving it in the air when she returns.
[break][break]
"hey, adam--! uh, i mean mister shepard!" though the formality comes awkwardly (perhaps she's picked up on the ranger's lax attitude) her smile's bright as she walks up to him. "i got it!"
[break][break]
truth be told, she was far more pleased about the mission's success rather than the well-being of her pokemon. in fact, for that moment in time she'd completely forgotten about the mudkip waiting back at base for her.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 3:23:14 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
He didn’t actually intend on falling asleep but he did so anyway. This was why he didn’t hear the girl coming up to him and when she called out to him he jerked violently for a second and shot up. ”Woah, what’s going on!” He panicked, looking around for whatever sort of emergency was going on but calmed down when he saw that it was only Iris.

Adam rubbed the back of his head and let out a load yawn. ”Oh hey you did do it.” He blinked, well that was fast and he was having a good dream too.

”Well good job kid, let’s get this where it needs to go. Your Mudkip will be back to one hundred once we get this to him.” Adam began to walk towards the exit of the forest back to town.

”Oh and Adam is just fine, Mister Shepard sounds weird.”

@iris
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,753 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
works like magic [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 2:44:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké, 5 infamy, 1x healing move (of choice), 3x lucky letters.
[break]
@iris &