the wolves [safari]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 2:35:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]this is where remus had come from. not birthed here; his squealing cries, freshly hatched, hadn't echoed through this forest. but this is where august had found him, hardened by years of a life he still doesn't know, caught without remorse from his natural habitat and carted here alongside other pokemon. 

many don't think about where the safari zone pokemon come from, how they live off the land. what happens to the ones that trainer don't catch? 'cause august bets it's certainly not fiscally sound to put all the effort into releasing them back into their natural habitats. 

but he's no scientist and he isn't one to question the rules. out of curiosity, he's here. he's fancied it, sometimes, finding a brother for remus. 

that much he's been able to gather about the lucario's former life. 

the lucario steps beside him, quiet as ever, but there's a terse nervousness prickling at his skin. august can see it in the way his fur is raised at the base of his neck, but it's more than that. it's in his jaunted steps, the shallow breaths he takes with every step. 

he reaches out a hand, clasps his shoulder, gives it a good squeeze. 

out there, among the chittering wild, is a partner for the two of them.

[newclass=.augpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost i]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 2:47:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD POOCHYENA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
3/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / rattled[break]
yawn / crunch / taunt / sucker punch / thunder fang
[break][break]

@augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 2:57:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]the path is winding, overgrown despite the hundreds of citizens and tourists that flock to this area monthly. so the two stray from the manmade path and start following tracks. well, remus follows tracks and august trails behind, checking his phone for checks from @bean2.

a low growl from remus makes him look up. he stands to the side, parting a branch to a bush that's otherwise concealing them. a few poochyena pups roll over one another, yipping as they nip at each other's ears. 

"nah. we're here for you." he pauses. "'less we run into one of those galar birds. wouldn't mind a way to travel around this damn region."

remus nods and then walks on, eyes glowing a soft blue as he searches for new leads.

[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 6:47:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TEPIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / thick fat[break]
heat crash / smog / head smash / assurance / superpower
[break][break]

@augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 16:14:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]the way continues to thicken and remus, more urgent. august finds himself near jogging to keep pace with the lithe pokemon as he nimbly steps through the wilderness. when he trips over a branch, he swears, scraping his palms as he catches himself on a tree. 

remus looks back for only half a second, knowing full well august has dealt with worse, and then stops. august gives him space, watches him cock his head, and then grow disinterested with his quarry. he moves off in the other direction and august peeks through the brush in time to see a tepig sniffing for truffles.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 2:07:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RIOLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / prankster[break]
metal claw / screech / force palm / work up / cross chop
[break][break]

@augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 16:52:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]remus moves faster now and august gives up on trying to keep up. he follows him by the rustling of the trees, but soon he too loses that. so he stops, sits down on a rock cozy enough for one, and waits. 

and remus finds what he's looking for. 

the riolu is training in the woods, battering the side of a tree. most of the bark has been stripped by the force of his blows. and he continues on, fur damp with sweat, as remus watches from the shadows. 

and then, surprising remus, the riolu turns and stares directly at him. he cocks his head. he bows. he takes a stance, toothy grin beckoning remus closer. 

remus snickers and comes running at him, palms outstretched to send a good jab in his shoulder. knock him off balance. the riolu doesn't expect it and he twists, but before remus can sweep him off his feet, he's righted himself, ducked under remus' blow, and sent a swift kick to the lucario's back.

remus spins, swallowing the pain, and jabs an elbow between the riolu's shoulder blades, just low enough and far enough aside his spine to knock into his lungs. the riolu gasps. his palms tingle with a blue aura and he lashes out wildly, but remus twists his wrists and holds him in a deadlock. 

the riolu struggles, then relents, knowing he's been bested. remus cocks his head and slides away, then extends a hand. 

the riolu takes it. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 3:41:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT RIOLU!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / prankster[break]
metal claw / screech / force palm / work up / cross chop
[break][break]

@augustus

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TREECKO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / unburden[break]
agility / giga drain / detect / energy ball / razor wind
[break][break]

@augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 4:32:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]it's in this clearing, while waiting for remus, that he thinks about the past couple of days. of the hotel stay and the breakfast short after and what this all...means. 

in this line of work, as his father's always told him, it's best not to keep anyone close. 'cause people will use anything they can to get to ya. and nobody knows that better than august. not when he's threatened family, pokemon, even possessions for those without empathy, and he's always thought himself above it all.

always the hunter, never the hunted. 

but now he can't stop thinking about it. about how his heart aches when she's gone, about what her fucking smile manages to do to him. and if anything ever happened to her...he shivers. 

remus emerges with a riolu following after him. trainer and pokemon share a glance and then august gives his lucario the safari ball. the two foxes speak lowly and then the riolu accepts the offered capsule, disappearing in a flash of red light. 

august clasps remus on the back."a brother," he says. remus smiles back and then lifts his nose to the air, eyes glowing a soft blue. 

he points to a nearby tree and a lizard that had been hiding, camouflaged in the lush leaves, scuttles backwards. remus leaps, grabbing the spy by the scruff before it can scramble away. it nips at his hands and august laughs. 

"spunky one, eh?" 

with its palm, it thrusts a giga drain remus' way, sucking at his skin with a green energy. the skin blisters and puckers and remus growls, clocks the treecko in the head and drops it. 

with the treecko momentarily incapacitated, august inspects the blisters. "surprised he managed to do that much damage, especially when your skin's practically steel.

"well,"
he says, and grabs at one of the two remaining safari balls on his belt, "might as well not waste these."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 5:23:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT TREECKO!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / unburden[break]
agility / giga drain / detect / energy ball / razor wind
[break][break]

@augustus

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ROOKIDEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / big pecks[break]
drill peck / taunt / scary face / brave bird / defog
[break][break]

@augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the wolves [safari]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:37:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he has one last safari ball on his belt. but he and remus are in no hurry. now that they've found their quarry, they need not stay on the hunt. so they walk leisurely. 

it's a bittersweet process, this. august has talked before of finding a companion for remus to train beside, to call a blood brother, but they've never actively sought out a mark. and it was always because they never needed to.

for the longest time, it was just him and remus and maisey. and now maisey has earned her rest as a house dog and he's got remus to rely on. 

but dark things are brewing. he's certain that his career as a debt collector pales in comparison to what he's going to have to deal with in these coming months. even the gym leaders are scared shitless. 

remus senses his unease and points, still smiling. a rookidee chitters on a low-hanging tree branch above them, preening its feathers. 

remus readies an aura sphere and the bird looks up, shock and instant anger flaring in its pink, beady eyes. to both their surprise, it hops off the branch and flexes its small wings, glowing bright silver as the silhouette of a much larger bird envelops it. 

remus holds steady and fires with practiced calculation. the bird pierces through the sphere, but passes out before it can finish its move. august whistles and tosses his last pokeball at its feet. 

catching rookidee!
@
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga