orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 15:28:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

He's on an island in the middle of the sea.

See, thing is, he needs this kind of isolation. Orion sets his paranoid gaze upon the watery expanse surrounding him, eyes peeled for any boats or errant swimmers with their Pokemon. Only when he's convinced that he is utterly, truly alone does the ranger and recently-appointed-councilman release a disaster of genetics from its Pokeball.

Type: Null emerges and leaves deep grooves in the sand under its paws.

Eyes stare at Orion from behind the mask that its trainer-and-creator does not yet understand, as if it's awaiting some kind of order.

"So, uh, listen..." Cold sweat beads across the back of his neck. "I know we haven't really, uh, interacted much? Since I... you know, I don't even know if you can understand me?"

It gives no indication either way, continuing to stare.

"I-I don't know if you're mad, o-or confused, or if you even feel anything at all!" His outburst is sudden and immediately regretted. "I'm sorry. It's my fault, it's not your fault. I just want to understand you better, buddy. We're stuck with each other now, yeah?"

It stares. He sighs.

solo wild for type: null bonding~

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 22:38:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NIDORINA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / poison point[break]
toxic spikes / crunch / fury swipes / poison fang
[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 5:07:29 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Nidorina appears to defend her territory. She postures, drawing herself up to her full height; Type: Null towers over her, but the poison-type appears adamant in protecting her little island in the middle of the sea.

Knowing Nidorina to be gentle-natured in comparison to their male counterparts, Orion theorizes that this one might be defending its young, its family.

Type: Null has shifted its gaze from Orion to the Nidorina, but doesn't act even when a barrage of toxic spikes are scattered about the surrounding sand. It is motionless and mute, awaiting order.

"Um," and Orion was expecting a battle, but he can't fight this Nidorina with a clear conscience, "don't attack it, OK? Nidorina, I know we might seem like a threat, but ah..."

He flounders a little as she turns to him, barbs bristling.

"We're not here to hurt you, or anything. OK?"

Type: Null doesn't move. Nidorina bares her sharp canines with a growl. Type: Null stares. With a last, mistrusting glance at Orion, the Nidorina proves its nature by backing off without further incident.

"That was... good," Orion tells his helmeted menace, whose gaze does not shift from the retreating form of the Nidorina. "I-I don't know if you understood me or just didn't want to fight her, but either way? Good?"

passing~

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 1:06:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SEAKING APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / lightning rod[break]
water pulse / soak / waterfall / aqua ring
[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 14:14:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

A Seaking leaps from the surf, soaking both trainer and Pokemon with salty spray. Orion scrunches his nose and recoils from the sudden damp-and-cold, but Type: Null barely reacts. Water drips from its obstructive helmet and soaks into its mane, but the strange Pokemon endures with silent apathy.

"Are you all right?"

It shifts to look back over its shoulder at him. Their eyes meet for a long time before Type: Null blinks, growls, and turns away from him.

Seaking leaps from the water once more, and Type: Null reacts before Orion can truly register what's happening. The elegant fish Pokemon fires a pulse of water toward Type: Null; it dodges the attack with surprising agility and grace, leaping over the spray and raking its claws along its slippery foe with an aerial ace before landing.

Orion's opened his mouth to say something, formulating words of praise upon his tongue, when a deep growl gives him pause.

Type: Null works its claws against the sand and tosses its head with clear agitation, almost as if it were trying to shake something off. It clicks, then: the helmet. It's like watching a Poochyena with a cone come home from the Pokemon Center, the futile thrashing and snarling as it tried to remove the unwelcome obstruction.

"Hey," Orion calls softly, hesitating to approach. He lifts his hands in the hopes of conveying peace and nervously licks his lips. "Hey, you're going to hurt yourself like that. Stop, stop — come on."

His heart wrenches with guilt as Type: Null lets out an agonizing wail, pawing at the sand.

Orion's close enough to touch it, now, wincing a little in trepidation when his chimera of a Pokemon turns to glare at him. When it lifts no claw to harm him — and Orion knows he's safe from its bite — the ranger places a hand upon the creature's flank. It's breathing heavily, shaking, and guilt crashes over Orion like the tide about their feet.

"I don't know how to take it off without hurting you."

Seaking does not return, driven off by the strange Pokemon's presence and power.

passing~

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 0:40:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD OCTILLERY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / suction cups[break]
octazooka / psybeam / lock-on / bullet seed
[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null [sw]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 6:29:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion kneels in the sand next to his chimeric creature, arms around its neck until the shaking starts to subside. Each distressed growl reverberates through him and pulses like a reminder of his guilt: you did this.

Water crashes onto the beach and soaks into his jeans, but Orion doesn't move until Type: Null is calm once more. He murmurs soft, near-unintelligible apologies and consolations, stroking a hand through the grey fur of its mane. This is your fault. He couldn't take back what he had done, and so the next best thing is to endure, to support, to guide this creature through the hell of its existence.

He rises at last, wishes he could read the eyes behind the horrific cage of a helmet. They stare at him, unblinking.

Its suffering is your fault.

Orion doesn't even notice the Octillery that's washed up on the beach with the tide, too focused on Type: Null to pay their surroundings any mind.

"I want to help you." He doesn't know how. "I-I'll try and do... something. Talk to some people. I can't make any promises, buddy, but..."

But you need to try.

"Let's go home."

pass and close~