Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 4:16:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"should we have codenames? i think we should have codenames. you know, so that the dragon can't tell who's who."

noah's bush of dark hair sprouts from the foliage as he peers ahead. his eyes squint, leaves brushing his face as he scans the forest clearing. they had been drawn here thanks to kyle's dogs, their penchant for tracking scents an invaluable asset.

he looks over at kyle. "call me the machampinator. you can be... lyle kopez. how about that?"

the earth rumbles. the leaves rustle. noah is reminded of the large prints they had been following, which have brought them here... before they had disappeared into some curious absence.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 17:55:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
codenames? kyle doesn't even like the nicknames given to him, and thinking one for himself wasn't a good idea in any way. he cannot even give nicknames to his other pokemon cause he just has enough for the dogs.

when he hears noah's own self indulgent nickname compared to the one given to him, he quickly voices his concern.

"eh? that one sucks." he gets his hand on his head and starts scratching, silently hoping for muse to come. "how about, i dunno, watch dog... cause it's a dog pun, and, uh, a reference to... actually, never mind."

he isn't proud of the nickname, but it's better than lyle kopez.

the mightyena stops in his tracks, takes his nose off from the ground, and looks up ahead. he sounds a soft, muffled bark, one that wasn't supposed to attract attention besides the people around him. it was evident to both kyle and noah what it was for.

"what do you want to do, machampinator?"

it hurts him to say that name without cringing or laughing at it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 6:14:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
turtonator

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - shell armor[break]
shell trap / flamethrower / incinerate / overheat / protect

A TURTONATOR COMES INTO VIEW, spewing flames from its snout. the tough shell, armored with the durity of a volcanic diet faces the two trainers. from their hiding place, the dragon does not seem to notice them. it leaves footprints in the grass, the dragon's immense weight causing it to leave markers of its violent path.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 8:20:33 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"i'm kidding, c'mon," noah elbows kyle, digging the joint into the muscle of his arm, "watch dog's not bad though. did they call you that in the pd?"

as kyle's mightyena alerts them, noah grows tight-lipped. his elbow retreats. one hand falls to his waist to clutch a pokeball of his own. as if on cue, their target lumbers into the clearing, carrying hot winds with its breath.

at the sound of his nickname, noah stops as a bright flash. he's positively thrilled. his smile almost floats above his face as he grips kyle with an excited bundle of fingers.

"you're actually using it! ahem, well, watch dog, how about i distract it? he strokes his chin. he sees that the turtonator has its spiky shell facing toward them. the incendiary tail wags in taunting arcs. "i'll run around so it turns, and when you get a good angle at its chest-hole? plug it up with an attack... then it's game-over." noah says. "easy, right? okay! see ya!"

the rustling of leaves announces his departure faster than his absence. as noah darts into the clearing, he hollers at the dragon. he sprints around the perimeter as the wind blows his hair back.

"eat my ass, matchstick--- wah?!"

noah yelps as explosions begin to rock the forest. behind him, a path of turtonator dung erupts in a row of explosive pillars.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 17:42:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"no. they called me dog boy."

he instantly regrets choosing his current codename when he hears noah verbally say it. he is too focused on thinking of a replacement for it that he simply nodded and agreed on whatever noah said. it was only when he leaves that kyle realizes the problem in his plan. "hey," he shouts in a hushed manner, "delta's not--"

the words end when noah walks towards the turtonator poop.

he wanted to say that it was too much effort to pull out another pokemon for the assault. his current mightyena wasn't exactly fit for a direct attack against the turtonator and finds more success at catching the attention of the turtonator. kyle's solution is to use the moment of disarray to steal the role he wants.

"taunt."

the turtonator, who had turned its shell towards noah the moment the explosions get its attention, turns back around to them when his mightyena's bark brings him back to kyle. its anger manifests in a flamethrower, matched by his mightyena's protect.

"you don't mind filling my role, right?" he shouts lazily from the other side of the wild pokemon.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 5:28:43 GMT
noah faber Avatar

dog boy. he'd soften the moniker under his tongue and tuck it into his cheek for later. even in the bedlam of his blitzkrieg, noah finds softness in the transitions between bombs.

as noah is caked in dirt and the roots of tossed plants, he witnesses the dragon shift back. he pales. had his distraction not worked? the non-chalance of kyle's orders had been muffled by an eruption: hopefully the last.

"roger, watch hog!" noah shouts back. "machampinator changing roles."

noah throws a pokeball closer toward their distracted target. in the process, he sees another mound of dung, and with a disgusted grimace, lunges his leg forth. his sneaker rests just ahead of the pile. it leaves him in an awkward yoga-esque position as he struggles to remain still.

"jacquie... shell smash! q-quick."noah says, voice trembling as he sucks his stomach in. "right into its center!"

his own turtonator spins to the side. it directs his shell toward the preoccupied beast and fires a spike directly into its central hole.

the flamethrower stops. the enemy turtonator begins to boil, fire spewing in the tiniest gaps between the hole and jacquie's spike.

"we good?!"

/ we can finish this quick before ny event ends!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 6:57:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"not yet!"

kyle wanted certainty to make sure that the turtonator was pacified.

"delta, do your thing."

the mightyena barks once to get the attention of the wild pokemon back to him. as soon as their eyes meet, he starts to walk towards the dragon-type slowly, staring him down as he intimidates him into submission.

the wild pokemon stays in place, slowing down as it observes the dark-type stalk towards him, weary of the adversary. the mightyena has him under the effects of taunt, after all.

kyle raises his hand in hopes noah notices him and then motions towards the turtonator by pointing at him before turning his hand to a fist and then pushing it towards his other palm. the punching repeats itself until noah gets the message.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 7:57:18 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah manages to shift carefully enough to avoid detonating the last dung mine. as he jogs over to kyle and his mightyena, he sees the cryptic gesture. noah's own turtonator awaits its owner's direction. fists are raised as if it were in a ring.

"woah, kyle!" noah wipes some sweat off his brow. "i'm not into that!"

of course, he knows what the other means.

"give him the one-two!" noah shouts and he circles around the taunted year beast. "like i do!"

noah's turtonator grunts- as if she were some reclusive beastslayer, or caned man. a flame flies from her snout before jacquie attempts to crack her knuckles.

she fails. her arms are nubs. she does not feel she can reach the other with fists.

"oooo--kay, then... do it with your head!" he points to his own noggin.

she snorts and begins HEAD SMASHING the other into submission. flames erupt from her snout as the plugged turtonator fails to erupt in retaliation. the percussive sounds of headbutting cause taillow to flee the forest.

/ :boxing_glove:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 15:19:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what?"

clueless to what noah was insinuating, kyle stares at him with a dumbfounded expression. the expression stays as he watches two turtonators fight it out. his mightyena backs off, knowing that he already did his job, and waits until the fight is over.

'i don't get it.'

instead of thinking about it profusely, he decides to finish the job instead. he grabs an empty pokeball and lobs it at the wild turtonator for safekeeping. they'll probably relocate it somewhere later.

"what are you into then?" he asks. he still doesn't know the context of what noah uttered earlier.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 23:44:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"your thick head helped you out for once, jacquie!" noah leaps over to his turonator and pulls out a cloth.

although his own draconic companion is not pleased with the sentiment, her disgruntled demeanor is quickly soothed by noah's grooming. he wipes the detritus of battle from his turtnator's head and shell.

noah looks over at his kyle, and he notices the perplexed expression. he clues in- and blushes. not for the obscenity, but because he's charmed by the innocence of kyle's imagination.

"oh... don't worry about it, man." noah's cloth begins to squeak. "it was... just a stupid, little, dirty joke."

he folds his cloth up and finds a clean corner. tucking a finger underneath its square.

"hm, i'm into that pure mind of yours." noah announces. "oh, you got a spot... let me..." noah wets the handkerchief with a quick lick before he scrubs and pinches the nose. "there."

/ pepehands

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 7:40:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle continues to stare, giving it a few seconds to settle. "i want you to repeat the first part and contemplate on how weird that sounds." he swears the lines he spews out were taken straight from romance novels or something similar.

secondhand embarrassment gets him red. he opts to go for the pokeball that contains the turtonator that is to be relocated to a more appropriate place for it, finding it a good excuse to get his face off of noah for a while.

he turns back to noah as soon as he secures it, the edge of his lip curling up for a smirk as he raises a questioning brow.

"it's not really dirty, isn't it? you just wanted to do that."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
codenames [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 9:25:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"what!? it's true!" noah crosses his arms. despite his defensive stance, he's smiling. "the man who took down silas blackwell doesn't get dirty jokes. kinda cute t-b-h."

beaming, noah watches his partner retrieve the pokeball. he hopes kyle can feel his smile burn into his back.

as he returns, noah scrubs the last little bit of grime from his turtonator. after whispering some further praise, he pops her back into a pokeball.

noah shrugs his shoulders exaggeratedly at kyle's probing.

"duh," noah says, bringing his cloth closer to kyle. he strides closer to him, a step turning into a ligh jog, as if to give chase. "actually... i see another spot... come here."

/ gimme my e4 van