oleander

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 1:40:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]it's the first time she's gotten an explanation that doesn't pertain to her past. iris quietens as she considers his words. she herself if full aware of the struggle that comes with trust, but she'd been forced to put some faith into the rangers to be able to follow their orders. she's got more on the line, though
[break][break]
the questions continue, and iris accepts them all until the last. the reason, after all, was clear enough for anyone to see. looking up, she meets his eye--it's probably the first time she's done so. once more, she finds herself echoing the man's words.
[break][break]
"don't you know who i am?"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...

[break][break]

TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamRight]float:right;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#818fb2;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#818fb2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 1:52:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] He's bound to slip eventually. Fernando can feel the prickling feeling of being caught tease up his spine and he dismisses it with an equally confident smile. "Nope!" There's an extra enthusiastic chirp behind that answer and he uses it to transition to what he hopes will be a decent recovery.

"Blue hair. Single Pokemon. Ranger. Obedient. Observe, assess, and judge." Fernando fetches his phone from his pocket to unlock his screen and dial out to someone. He hovers over the call button for a moment before deciding against it. He'll wait until things escalate. "Trust has to come from more than those assigned to you. Assimilation requires approval from every branch."

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 2:20:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris can sense the honesty in that single word, that much she can tell. it's enough for the girl to lower her defences slightly more. had he answered differently, she might have seen past the facade.
[break][break]
assimilation, he had said. iris had thought her place with the rangers was a secure one, so long as she kept working hard and didn't make any fatal errors. perhaps that'd been a naive assumption to make.
[break][break]
"so this is a test?" she asks, "don't you think you'd get disingenuous results by telling me all this?" she'd have thought, with an investigation as thorough as this, they would have waited for her to act in a scenario where she thought she was safe.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#818fb2;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 3:55:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "In some ways, yes. It's what you want it to be." Fernando smiles at her with contention that he's yet to be discovered. Or at least she's doesn't show it up front. The question that comes after is natural but Fernando knows how to wear his hat.

"Ah, yes. But what's the alternative? To lie to you and trick you into giving me what I want? I won't say that as an organization, we practice this because I cannot vouch for everyone, but that's not what I'm about. Trust is earned and honesty is the best way to build it."

It's almost scary that someone can be so full of shit yet parade it around like a well-earned badge. Fernando's lived the lie many times before and at this point it's hardly a delusion. Spout the opposite of what you believe and practice and this becomes easy. It helps to know what people want to hear and what they'll accept.

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 0:32:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]league talk was all the same--moral superiority over efficiency seemed to be the recurring theme. iris quickly learned to keep her mouth shut regarding her own opinions on that matter. though she couldn't help but criticise the league, she knew their kinder tendencies were to thank for the second chance she'd gotten.
[break][break]
still, it was safe to say that her brand of honesty was not appreciated by her superiors.
[break][break]
"i see." she pauses, and then (because she'd always been straight to the point): "then do you think i should be here? uh, with the league, i mean. not the doctors'." though she supposes that sorta fell into it. iris couldn't help but feel an outsider, and was almost certain those sentiments were shared. she often wondered whether it'd be easier if they'd left her to the hand of the law.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:14:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No idea. That's why they wanted me to observe."

Fernando smiles a cheshire grin with eyes that probe for something deeper. Why place such importance on such a normal seeming girl? "What do you think? Do you deserve to be here? Do you want to be here?" Now he's teetering toward the edge but Fernando has confidence that he's over the narrowest ridge his ill informed interrogation. He can mask the question as rhetorical if worse comes to worse and bets appropriately that the pay off will be well worth it.

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 1:49:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris is no stranger to want; what remains foreign to her is her wants being recognised. she had no say in her fate, the league had simply provided her with the verdict once the time had come. "i don't think it matters." her answer is honest.
[break][break]
just how much influence did this man have? she begins to observe him more closely as she asks, "could you get them to let me go?" iris held no desire to abandon her new station with the rangers, but she feels she does not need to tell the man so.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 4:18:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando decides against commenting on her opinion. His natural instinct says to confirm her suspicion. Yes, what she wants does not matter. No one's wants matter. What matters is being able to act on those wants. Those are the thoughts that come to mind and Fernando keeps them quiet to all except . There's a reason he maintains a somewhat clean image despite his own internal monologue.

"I could. There are a lot of things I can do." Keeping things vague only leaves one question.

"But should I?"

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 22:34:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]his station was a high one--she was aware of that much already, but his answer helps paint a clearer picture. maybe she should ask around when she got back to the rangers, they were used to her questions by now anyway.
[break][break]
that's up to you." being fed nothing but vague responses, iris can't help but dodge the questions offered in return. a quiet rebellion, the only sort someone of her temperament can muster. "it's why you're here, isn't it?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:23:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Chasing each other will only lead them in circle. Fernando takes a dive and provides her a branch to lean on.

"But I don't know enough to make that decision."

But there's always a caveat.

"Yet."

He doesn't skip a beat. "What should I call you, Blue?"

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:51:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]blue. it's a simple nickname--charming, some would say. an observation. but its meaning has been assigned elsewhere; iris becomes conscious of the pokeball's weight in her pocket.
[break][break]
she thinks back to the afternoon she held her mudkip and gave it that same careless name, and wonders if he was seeing her now as she did it. while she lacks the awareness to consider the implications too deeply, iris is at least aware that she would have to prove herself too.
[break][break]
"iris." the answer comes out easier than she expected.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
oleander
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:28:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Iris."

Fernando repeats the name to commit it to memory but he'll forget eventually. The edges of his lips twist downward in a show of approval. "Well, a pleasure to meet you, Iris. I'm Fernando." He holds his hand out for a formal introduction.

@iris

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oleander
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:42:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she moves to grip his hand--it's the only option, if she's to remain respectful. "pleasure to meet you too--" she echoes his sentiment and, recalling the nurse's earlier words, settles for a more respectful: "--mister silph."
[break][break]

[break][break]