played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2020 22:24:38 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
Geist knew that Annie stretching was a bad sign. It was one of her many quirks that preceded the execution of a highly questionable plan. With her by her side, at the mouth of the cave that hid New Mauville, he could hazard a guess at parts of her plot. She didn’t quite get why they were standing and not talking (or acting), but Annie was never one to leave her partner in the dark.

“We’re about to get ourselves into a big bash, Geist! Lots of electric-types in there need to be relocated, and I’m not counting on them going quietly. I figure a little force will show them that this isn’t a good place for them to stay anymore. Not enough to kill, and probably not even enough to knock them out. Just enough of a pain that they get annoyed and leave. Anyway, you won’t be doing most of the fighting. Rangers are sending backup, or a buddy. One of them. They’ll help out.”

In true Annie fashion, she was loud. Loud enough to be heard by any passers-by. Definitely loud enough to be heard by any approaching ranger.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2020 23:58:56 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

There should have only been much noise once she and her partner entered the factory, any more than that and Kaida was already more than a little baffled. From her feet, Silk looked up at her with a pleading expression, already wide eyes in confusion. Kaida offered the little snake a twitch of her lips, a smile if one was generous. A second serpentine body followed her closely behind, her other two companions safely in their Pokeballs. They were all she'd need today.

Kaida didn't try to keep herself hidden, but still managed to keep near silent as she approached Annie, "I hope I help." She suddenly piped up, and at her greeting two heads rose by her side, Ormr and Silk giving a curious look to a human young looking enough that they weren't certain she was battle-ready.

"You're...young." Kaida's words mirrored their observation, until she suddenly shook her head as if shaking something off, "Well I-never mind...let's just finish. You have an idea how to do this?" Given the excitement of the girl, she had to assume that she had more experience than she looked, and Kaida figured her Pokemon could boost whatever strategy was created.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 7:52:44 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Her partner was a ninja! Or maybe she just wasn’t paying enough attention. Either way, wide eager eyes found themselves trained on a stranger soon enough. A quiet stranger, in comparison to her. “And you’re old!” Once she’d returned the comment, she gestured to her little buddy, offering the party a cheery grin. “This here’s Geist. The only thing he’s better at than fighting is dancing! He’s got a trick up his sleeve that should help us out a lot today.” A jerked thumb jabbed itself against her chest; the slightest squeeze of her eyes told that she may have hurt herself in her enthusiasm. “And I’m Annie Mei. Owner of Camp Annie and up-and-coming trainer extraordinaire.” Humble, as always.

“I was thinking that if New Mauville’s as big as they say, we’re not going to be able to get them out quietly. Nah, my plan is to make them understand that hanging around is going to be more trouble than its worth. That’s going to call for a few fisticuffs. Since I doubt any of them will be happy to be shoved out. You’re a good fighter, right? Right.” She didn’t bother waiting for an answer. “Because I’m guessing we’re going to get swarmed, fast. That’s where Lady Geist comes in.”

The Marowak stepped forward to greet the woman’s serpents, raising her free hand in a lazy wave. “She’s a natural Lightning Rod – she gets stronger off electric-type attacks, and more importantly, she draws them in from all around her. It shouldn’t be strong enough to cause trouble to the plant, but it might redirect some of the electricity those wilds are trying to suck to her. Most importantly, most of the Pokemon in there won’t be able to use their strongest attacks as long as she’s out, which means we don’t have to worry about getting electrocuted, and the rest of our Pokemon have a lot less to worry about. Eventually, the squatters realise they’re getting nowhere fast in a fight, spread the word and start to pack their bags. Simple plan, right?” Her smile hadn’t wavered throughout the briefing, showing no doubt in her plan or the other woman’s strength.

wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 19:08:23 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Indeed." She agreed on her own "oldness", a hand raising to scratch her head as her lips twitched up in a smile that looked almost prideful of the fact. Commiting the names to memory, she nodded stiffly and placed a hand on her chest, almost laughably softly compared to her partner, "Annie, Geist, I'm Kaida...just a Ranger, I don't have a camp to call home anymore, and these two are Ormr and Silk...they'll help on the inside, we're happy to meet you." Ormr clicked his jaws, and Silk wagged his stumpy tail, they sure were happy.

At the explanation of the plan, Kaida stayed pondorously silent, and then turned around and threw a Pokeball. "I like it. Kjoll here can make sure they leave for good." And Kjoll the Onix materialized, rumbling and lowering his head towards Kaida to await his task, "Once we chase them towards the outside, Kjoll will keep chasing them...he won't hurt them, he will make sure they don't think to sneak back." Even a smaller recurrence of Pokemon could cause problems, and she didn't want a stubborn Pokemon facing someone with less mercy than them. If possible, the Onix's face softened at the simple task and he relaxed.

She beckoned Ormr and Silk, taking them up on her arms and placing them on her shoulders like it was the most natural thing in the world. "We'll go first, there might be aggressive ones even before we take their energy." Confidently, she strode forward, her Pokemon and her like some hydra. "This will be simple.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 9:35:00 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
If Annie had known that her partner had a specific preference for Pokemon, she could have brought along Sir Pent and Krystal. Then again, Serperior and Dragonair might not be the best choices against a swarm of electric Pokemon. She’d had to keep it in mind for the future, anyway. “Nice to meet you all, but I don’t think that’s right! You don’t have a camp… Not with that attitude. Your home or camp is wherever you make it.” She knew that better than most, considering that hers moved as she did, with the wind and her whims.

She might have commented on how the woman didn’t look half as happy as her partners, but the summoned Onix was a slight distraction. Annie was left with her mouth hanging agape as her and her Marowak stared up at the behemoth. “…Right. Well, good thing he’s on our side!” Even docile, an Onix managed to be an intimidating presence. It wouldn’t last, though. If there was one thing Annie was good at, it was a quick recovery from anything that wasn’t a smile on her face. She turned to face the cave entrance and marched in behind the ranger.

Eyes were upon them the moment they entered New Mauville. The plant attracted a certain kind of clientele, and it was painfully obvious that none of their party fit the bill. That was enough of a reason for those closest to the cave mouth to cast their glare upon the group, and if not… Annie would help.

“Alright zapper bugs, time to pack your bags! New Mauville is closed! Actually, it’s been closed for a while. You guys have just been trespassing!”
Times like those, Annie’s loud mouth came in handy. More eyes popped out from behind corners and machinery; zaps of electricity became less frequent as the feeders watched the disturbance.

“You butts can move out in an orderly fashion, or you can get moved as we kick you out! Which one is it going to be?” Two seconds of silence told that it was going to be the latter, judging by the bolts of lightning that started flying towards them. Geist dived several feet to the group’s left, raising her club to act as their Lightning Rod. A flurry of electric attacks redirected in mid-air to fry the Marowak… Or would have, had her ability not caused the bolts to supercharge her instead. Geist looked to Annie, awaiting orders as her body cackled with sparks. In return, she looked to Kaida and her Pokemon, waiting to see if her Pokemon would join the fray.
wizz

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 19:50:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida made no attempt to yell out like Annie, instead letting her Pokemon hiss out in a threatening display. The lightning bolts barreling towards them was swallowed up by the Marowak, and Kaida pointed at an approaching presence. Electrode. Fast. "Ormr."

A Mud Bomb shot out of the Ekans, venom changed into the quality of mud sent the Electrode reeling away, trying and failing to send a bolt of electricity towards the group. "Keep going. Silk, bite softly." A Galvantula hissed as a Mud Bomb smashed into its leg, sending it scattering away. On her shoulder, Silk snorted out a swirling cloud of sand, which quickly evolved into a raging Sandstorm, drawing irritated cries from the buffeted Pokemon.

"Nice plan...I need some more firepower though." She called out, her Pokemon would tire before all the Pokemon fled if she had to do this herself only.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 8:00:13 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Things seemed to be going to plan. None of the squatters could land a hit as long as Geist was nearby, just as planned. Then one of the Magnemite had a spark of genius. It charged a metallic orb of energy and fired that instead. It hit its mark, sending Marowak sliding back a few feet. She was still standing, but both her and her trainer shared the same, brief look of panic.

Somehow, Annie had forgotten to account for the fact that electric-type Pokemon might have moves that weren’t electric.

Kaida’s words were given a new sense of urgency as the wild beasts started talking to each other. The strategy was spreading, and they had seconds before they would be under fire. Never one to let trouble show on her face for long, the girl forced her brave face on. She had a partner, she told herself, and she had her Pokemon. They were going to be fine.

When she spoke again, her ever-overjoyed tone had been switched for an air of authority. It was the kind of change that told her Marowak that playtime was over. “Geist, you’re on the offensive. Put that lightning to work and Bone Rush them!” A dozen bolts of lightning empowered the bone clones she created. Between that and the type advantage, it was fortunate that her strikes only knocked out some of the dwellers she lobbed them at.

The attacks didn’t earn them any favours with the crowd, but given that they were seconds from an all-out brawl, Annie figured she might as well bring out the big guns. She didn’t give much of a second thought to summoning Frankie, though she might have if her guest partners reacted strongly. Between a chimeric design, piercing eyes adorned by a partially cracked helmet and the fact that it towered over its trainer, there was a lot to take in.

Not that Annie was leaving them much time to stare. “Frankie, can you help? Gentle attacks, just to scare them out of the area.” It didn’t respond. Not verbally, anyway. Instead it sped off, committed to its new task. The first Elektrike that stood in its way found himself on the bad end of an Iron Head and sent flying six feet back. The Vikavolt that tried to face the beast was swiped out of the air by a rough Dragon Claw. Frankie didn’t quite seem to understand what ‘gentle’ meant, but it had managed to stop short of maiming his targets. Thus far. Its strength and his body made for an intimidating presence, to say nothing of the squad of Pokemon backing it up. The tides had turned back to their side.
wizz

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 18:51:42 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

For someone who seemed to believe everything was going smoothly and fine, Kaida definitely reacted to the strange sight. She only heard a Pokeball releasing a new partner, and the odd name, Frankie, and thus turned to commit the new Pokemon to memory, so that she wouldn't attack the creature by accident.

And for a moment, she couldn't even tell it was a Pokemon.

Ormr and Silk bristled and raised up threatningly, guttural hisses filling the air as Kaida pedaled back, defensively pulling her Pokemon close, "Wha-what the hell!?" Her eyes wavered between the monster and little trainer, "What is that?" Whatever answer she was getting, though, would have to be in the midst of combat, for she suddenly had to dive away from an Energy Ball, countering it with a rapid Mud Bomb.

On the outside, one could hear a Screech be unleashed, rippling through the floor. Seemed Kjoll was getting to work on the early runners.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 9:43:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
If there was one good thing Annie could say about her beast’s quirks, it was that it committed to a task, it did so wholeheartedly. Frankie didn’t acknowledge the hostilities, for it was too busy taking on a Magnezone. And winning, for what it was worth. It was left to Annie to defend her monstrosity, and she did. Loudly. “That’s my buddy Frankie, and it’s kicking butt!” Her words were punctuated by four hundred pounds of metal crashing against the floor. Frankie’s latest victim was down for the count.

The electric dwellers understood that they were being invaded, and worse, they didn’t have the manpower to stop it. Pokemon that had yet to join the fray opted to rush past it, fleeing rather than being forced out. Geist and the serpents pestered the stubborn ones into leaving or unconsciousness, while Frankie clearly favoured the latter. When he ran low on targets (and briefly set his gaze on Kaida’s partners), it fell on Annie to clarify: “If they’re leaving, leave them alone! Don’t touch those guys either!” She pointed to her allies as the rock snake’s rumbles passed through. Without so much as a sound, Frankie turned and rammed it head into a rodent. Hopefully that Pikachu hadn’t had a big lunch.

wizz

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 21:58:59 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Whatever the...creature was, it was a predator, a born killer. Ormr cringed backwards as loud clanging rung out, transfixed by the scene before them. Silk was forced to cover for the brief stop in Mud Bombs, swinging itself and, by extension, Kaida with a Brutal Swing.

She could sense the thing staring them down, and forced a look back, shifting herself so that her back wasn't turned to it. "A new Pokemon? Not one I seen before." Her voice was careful, and confused, "...Whatever it is...keep doing what it's doing! Ormr! Pay attention!" She ordered, stepping harshly to jerk the serpent until it remembered the mission.

The mission was soon to be over, but she had a feeling that her mind was going to linger on this Frankie for a lot longer than now.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 15:26:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Frankie was, by definition, a Pokemon – on that, Kaida was correct. Annie wasn’t in much of rush to comb over the details, and if all went to plan, their mission would mean that she didn’t have to. Battle cries had turned to panicked calls, and soon enough Geist couldn’t find a Pokemon that wasn’t already on its way out. The Null took a little longer to figure that out, mostly because it would strike at anything that showed a moment’s hesitation. It wasn’t quite what Annie had intended, but the brute force helped send the electric-types packing.

The battle ended, not with a bang, but with the fading calls of wild Pokemon, perhaps punctuated by Kjoll’s calls. Half a dozen wild Pokemon lay unconscious on the floor, at least five of them thanks to an eager chimera. Geist returned to her trainer first, and found herself rewarded with pats on the head. “Great job! Didn’t go exactly to plan, but you kept your cool and helped us win it anyway!”

Frankie came to a halt before the girl, its expression unchanged. She’d had the beast long enough that its stare did nothing to her smile. Instead, it too was treated to loving pets, only on its side instead of atop a head she could barely reach. “Nicely done, big guy! I think we still need to work on the whole ‘restraint’ thing, but nothing’s dead, right?” Annie knew better than to expect a reaction from it, so a quiet, muffled “Sival” brought out her grin. “That’s the spirit! We’ve all got room to improve.”

She hadn’t forgotten about Kaida. Once she was done praising her partners, the trio approached the ranger. “Thanks for your help there, Miss Kaida! Something tells me those Pokemon won’t be coming back to this part of the plant any time soon, and we’ve got your little tails to thank for that!” Geist offered a quiet cheer. Frankie stared. “You’ll be alright getting back to the city, right? If you need help getting back to dry land, I bet my Lapras could ferry you over.”
wizz

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:30:42 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

One single roar by Kjoll outside heralded the beginning of silence, leaving Kaida to stare down at the "wreckage". "Nice hunting, we did it!" She raised her arms and hugged the serpents to her, glad the mission was so easy, she didn't even have to release Freki!

Now. The wreckage. Her brief affection over, she stalked over to the unconscious Pokemon and checked on them, some even waking at her touch and darting outside in fear. They were all alive, no crippling injuries, no head injuries she'd worry about. "Thank Arceus..." She fell back on her heels, turning a head towards Annie.

She could ask more about that Pokemon, she supposed as a Ranger, she could have enough authority to be reasonably concerned...but it was this girl's pack, or perhaps camp. There was a familiarity, and it even let her touch it, she couldn't reasonably ask for it to be separated. It was fine. "May I have the Lapras ride...I don't like burdening my other Rangers."

Fine as it always was.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 21:21:34 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
She nodded to the woman, several times in a row, before turning back to her partner Pokemon. “Great job as always, team. I’ll see you for dinner, alright?” With that, both were returned to their Pokeballs. Annie, it seemed, felt comfortable enough with the near-stranger to let her Pokemon handle any surprise attacks.

“No problem, no problem! Let’s just slide out of here. New Mauville’s massive, from what I’ve heard, so there might be guys hiding deeper in, ready to jump us. Still, we did a lot of work at the front, and those electrics’ll think twice about settling in.”
Annie strolled out into daylight, offering a wave to the Onix as they re-emerged. With a beast like Frankie in her ranks, perhaps it was no surprise that she’d recovered so quickly from her first encounter with an Onix.

From there, it was but a few minutes’ walk to the water’s edge, most of which Annie filled with words. Many, many words.
“Seriously, who would’ve thought that the electric-types would use not-electric moves?”
“Whereabouts are you headed from here? I bet you’ve got yourself a cool place to stay!”
“What’s being a ranger like? Is the pay good?”
“Frankie’s getting a lot better with people now! Thanks for only freaking out a little!”
“If Melody’s singing bothers you, you can ask her to stop! She’s really smart, and doesn’t mind too much.”
“What’s with you and all the tail Pokemon, anyway?”

Eventually (and perhaps fortunately, depending on how well Kaida took to Motor Mouth Mei), she ran out of land. Her Lapras was sent out, greeting the party with a gentle croon. The girl turned back to her senior. “Alright, Melody here could carry both of us, but I don’t know how comfortable you are with that. Either way, it’s only a few minutes from here back to the main route, and from there it’s not long to Regular Mauville.”
wizz

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 22:46:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kjoll reappeared with smoother rock skin and scorch marks upon his flanks, seemed the battle was tough enough to warrant a Rock Polish or two or three. Still, movement was easy and he felt fine enough to rumble back at Annie's wave. So Kaida decided he was relatively uninjured, stroking his head before returning him. "We're thankful." She declared, following after Annie. In the interests of protection, Ormr and Silk stayed upon her, at least until they got near civilization. The Pokemon might try a rebuttal.

And then the talking began. Kaida didn't seem to peeved at the sudden questions, if anything, they reminded her of a little one. If a Pichu zapping one wasn't annoying, she could handle this.

"It was strange. Most wild Pokemon don't divert too heavily from their typing. More danger, these days."
"Maybe back to Slateport, or if there's another job, I go there...I'm not sure where I'm going, but we don't mind."
"Yes, actually. We don't starve and can sleep indoors. It's nice."
"Frankie is...interesting, but it seems to like you. I never saw it before, but there's lots of Pokemon I never saw."
"Don't worry, I'm sure the singing rings nicely, I won't stop her."
"Uh, they're the closest thing I have to family...been taking care of me ever since I was young, I just prefer them now."

She seemed prepared to keep talking, but the two had already arrived at the water. "We can go together, it'll be faster for everyone. Easier too." She stepped up, ready to clamber on and ride off as soon as Annie gave the word.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Sparks Will Fly
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 18:23:04 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
The Lapras answered for Annie, tapping a fin against her shell. “All aboard, then!” Annie settled herself in the front ‘seat’, drawing a little closer to her Pokemon’s neck than she normally would for their passengers’ sake. There was a good chance that mounting a Lapras would take some getting used to, so she filled the time with words. Then again, with how much she had to say, there was a good chance that she would have spoken regardless.

“I get that. Me and Melody and the Camp, we’re not that different from you. I’ve got a goal, and I know I have to reach it, but the journey there has been pretty wild so far. Not always in a good way, but sometimes in a great way. I never would’ve met Melody, or almost all of my guys, if my life had been ‘normal’.” The Lapras brought her head around to nudge against Annie’s. She only allowed herself a few giggles before she gestured for Melody to start swimming.

“Back the way we came, buddy.” Once she’d had a few seconds to make sure they were headed in the right direction, the trainer turned around to face Kaida. “Wouldn’t have met Frankie either, but that’s a whole other story… I’m a single mom of sixty now, and I could tell you tales about all of them. They’re family to me, just like yours are to you, though I’ve only known most of them for a few months now…”
wizz