Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 20:17:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Here. Have fun, you two." Kaida placed two plates of Poke chocolate in front of two serpentine faces, face relaxing as they loudly hissed in glee. If she was going to have a date, then might as well bring two who would actually enjoy being together. In her lap was a child, a little Toxel that "Tya"ed and peaked over the table...she just thought the little one could use some outside time, Bragi was starting to grow and she expected him to help.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see other couples chatting and laughing together, and all she could wonder was: How did love spawn instantly like that? What kept one attached to someone they barely knew? It wasn't like having family, where a similar mind made her attached quick...it was love to stay together!

Maybe she'd discover that...but not here, definitely not here, she thought.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 14:43:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Oh dear, oh dear. She's late, running late because the baby Budew had cried so plaintively to be left alone for the night. Not even her Gardevoir could still their cries.[break][break]

So when Avery does finally arrive she feels untidy and rushed, and her cheeks are flushed with colour as she smoothes her pink hair and brushes a speck of dust from her dress. Despite looking lovely, Avery feels undeniably drab compared to how beautiful everyone else looked.[break][break]

But 's voice seems to creep up in the back of her mind, assuring her she's more beautiful than she thinks she is, and confidence forces its way out of her chest as she takes a deep breath.[break][break]

The ticket or bracelet or note she'd been given to indicate her first table is checked briefly as she makes her way over, and she immediately and unsurprisingly notices the woman's Toxel first.[break][break]

"Oh my goodness, aren't you just the sweetest!"[break][break]

Avery's blush deepens as she realises how unbelievably rude she was to completely override greeting her date. The woman bends herself into a forlorn apology and laughs nervously.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry, miss. It's been a while since I've been on a formal date, please forgive me."[break][break]

Curiosity keeps tickling her peripheral, however, as she hastily finds her seat and continues to gaze fondly at the purple child. She'd never seen anything like it and she's beyond curious.[break][break]

"My name is Avery, by the way."[break][break]

In her arms a very chubby and well-groomed Munchlax sits, who seems to already be eyeballing the bread set out on the table.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 15:55:56 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida notices the voice first, and Bragi jolts towards the noise, big eyes wondering. "Yes he is." She answers without irony, not noticing any social faux pas, holding him up briefly. "He's Bragi." A small smile crosses her face, and doesn't disappear even as the other woman apologizes.

"It's fine, I haven't had a date in a while." Or never, really. Her eyes flick to the two serpents next to her table as humor bubbles up in her throat, "I'd say these two have more experience than me." As she talked, she reached across and, briefly holding one out in case the Munchlax wanted it, took it for herself...a lot for herself, actually. She simply figured that once her partner appeared, the food was fair game.

"I'm Kaida...is that your partner? It looks healthy!" She grins and taps Bragi to get him to look across the table, who flops down and almost purrs at the sight of another little one.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 21:04:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery smiles warmly at Kaida's calm reaction to her outburst. It comforts her to know that her temporary date for the evening wasn't at all put off by her awkwardness.[break][break]

"Hello, Bragi."[break][break]

She giggles softly as she returns her hand to her lap from tickling underneath the purple Pokemon's chin. At the mention of Kaida's two serpents, she glances their direction as well, but doesn't really linger.[break][break]

Instead, she's looking down and gently correcting her grabby-handed Munchlax who plaintively voices his desire for food by grabbing across the table.[break][break]

Her partner reaches for the bread and Avery stays her hand, instead opting to sip at her glass of water.[break][break]

"That's a very pretty name."[break][break]

At the mention of her Munchlax, Avery glances at him fondly, offering another smile.[break][break]

"Yes! He hatched a few months ago. I have a fond spot for the younglings."[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 21:45:38 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Thank you...I'm not an expert, but yours rings nicely." Kaida replied, pausing awkwardly for a second, tapping on the table as words seemingly escaped her, "I mean it sounds nice, that's it..." She snatches another bread stick, surrendering it as Bragi whimpers and reached for it pleadingly.

"The young ones are always good." Kaida patted Bragi on the head, who squirmed from the touch like a confused cat, "Bragi's young, but has going to help me as my Ranger partner, like my others. Is he going to be your partner to?"

It seemed as the talk continued, Kaida opened up, eyes gleaming as her voice raised in volume, unaware they were on a time limit.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 21:53:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery blushes. The other woman's compliment is clunky but it's sweet, and she feels her cheeks redden at the mere thought that someone, anyone, might think her name 'rings nicely.'[break][break]

She takes another sip of her drink while shifting Munchlax's weight to her other knee. Rhythmically, she seems to bounce him as if she would an actual child, and the young Pokemon starts to drift off to sleep.[break][break]

"Oh, I see."[break][break]

There's a note of sadness as she says this, and her eyes steal away from Bragi and back to Kaida. [break][break]

"No, no. I run a daycare, so I don't encourage my Pokemon to fight or something. They're happier without the violence."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 22:14:14 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Ah." Kaida's eyes flicked downwards as her voice suddenly dropped, scratching at her own cheek as a silence ran over her, "I knew a daycare, I think...not anymore. They're nice places." As quickly as the memory tried to come forward, it was over. "I'll...try and make sure they don't have to be in violence then."

She opened her mouth to say more, and a buzz sounded deep in her ears. Oh, the "date" was over. "Huh?...oh, Avery. Here." She snatched a napkin and wrote quickly on it, "If the daycare needs help, call, or any type of help." She spoke hurriedly, and as soon as she was done, clicked her tongue to call Ormr and Hema, picked up Bragi, and set off in search of her next date.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Searching [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 22:34:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Kaida's expression changes and Avery is unsure what it means. It gives her a queasy feeling in her stomach, not being able to understand, but she remains quiet while the timer goes off.[break][break]

They had barely sat down for more than a minute, it seemed. These dates would go by quick![break][break]

"O-oh, okay. That's good."[break][break]

Awkward, right? Avery was suddenly unsure what to make of their sudden mood change. Regardless, her temporary date offers her a napkin with her number written on it and Avery blushes deeper, misinterpreting the intention despite Kaida's explanation.[break][break]

She does, however, tuck the napkin away and move onto her next table while everyone begins to get up and move around in unison.[break][break]

[break][break]