light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
ride on shooting star [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 6:33:32 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

his next date was soon to appear. while he waited, dawn ordered a drink for the pair. afterwards, he'd begin to type upon the keypad of his cellular device. the bell had just finished ringing and his date was soon to arrive. for the time being he needed to occupy himself during his wait.

notes: boom, a lazy opener.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 13:47:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, hey!"

he arrives with his mightyena trotting behind him, head down and staring at the floor. kyle leaves the dark-type behind as he arrives on his seat, positioning himself opposite this round's partner.

the thought of having met the man in front of him before never came to mind. it has been more than a few months since their slight interaction during the aqua-fes after all. he also wasn't big on the contest scene besides supporting friends too.

"i'm kyle. nice to meet you," he greets as he pulls his chair back to sit.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 19:03:03 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

it was then that, upon their arrival, eyes became emboldened with joy. "kyle lopez, elite four member and the hero of hoenn..." he'd put away his device to give the league official his full attention, "a pleasure, truly." a hand was brought to his chest as he'd greet himself, "dawn grandier, i've heard so much about you!" dawn spoke ecstatically, "the man who defeated rocket all on his own, to think i'm finally able to speak with you like this! what an opportunity!" kyle had been on his radar for quite sometime, but for several reasons; one of them being that cadis thought he'd feel something upon meeting the hero, and there was nothing.

no hatred, no dislike, no want for vengeance. he felt nothing. it was a bit disappointing, but he did feel one thing: excited. the reason for his excitement was because was a potential. someone who had the possible chance of becoming an avatar. a shoe in candidate that some rockets have been ordered to keep an eye on him. little did cadis know that kyle was, "you're the last person i thought i'd ever get to meet in a place like this, lucky me!"

notes: boom, a reply.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 14:03:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there were times he thought he was back to being just a nobody in the crowd, which was nice. and then there were times where he meets someone who hypes up his accomplishments and gets him unwarranted attention.

he tells himself he eventually needs to get used to it.

"dawn, y-you're flattering me. there's no need to patronize me."

kyle chuckles nervously. he already can't deal with people who claim to be a fan of his, much like , and doing it in an event where you're basically forced to talk with them just makes it more awkward for him. at least the time's limited.

"that rocket thing gets overhyped so much though," he says, trying to disclaim his achievements. "i don't think i was even in the scene when blackwell got taken down. i fought with him a bit, but that's it."

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 2:33:13 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

it was just as some grunts told the boss. kyle eventually left the scene, so it's true that he was just a simple cover. "don't be so modest, mr. lopez!" dawn chuckled, "i must say though, it must be tiring to have to be approached all that way." he understood that being in the spotlight could be tiresome, annoying even. "i apologize for the sudden bombardment, but to be in the presence of an elite four. have you been challenged yet by any potential candidates for the champion title?" he'd ask with a curious interest.

notes: boom, a reply.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 5:13:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-it's fine. it's slowed down since my elite four appointment, thankfully."

he rubs the back of his neck as he is shown more recognition than what he was given with his previous partners combined. bashfulness shows on the surface as he is unable to stop the signs of the alcohol intake he had earlier during the event.

"well, no," he answers. "maybe they went for the others first."

kyle wasn't sure if it was because no one has gotten to doing the gym challenge with all the events and calamities happening lately or not, but he's happy he doesn't have to do anything for his paycheck.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 5:42:43 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"mmm, how peculiar...well, i do hope we get to meet again, kyle lopez." he was enthralled with the male, not as much as he was with fernando. this wouldn't be their last encounter, he'd ensure it. "i can tell we'll have an interesting encounter the next time we might, hope you'll wait for me!" standing from his seat, though their conversation short, it'd serve as a memorable one. "oh, here, take my number." writing it down on a napkin, he'd slide it over to the elite four member. "i'd love to sit and watch you battle, to see an elite four member in action? the experience and inspiration i could gain from it!" and thus the bell rang. with that he'd send kyle off with a simple goodbye and wave.

notes: fin

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 17:26:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
panic comes over him. kyle doesn't know how to say a 'no' for having a spectator for his matches. a few gym matches forced it into him, but he always found himself anxious whenever someone else watches him.

by the time he manages to word his thoughts in his head, time had already ran out. he is left with the phone number on a napkin, which he decides to pocket out of courtesy.

"o-okay! i'll try to remember to call you," he says as dawn exits the scene.

kyle ponders on whether to just send him a feed of the battle should a challenge appear or not. then again, he doesn't actually want to disappoint fans that show this much enthusiasm towards him.