swords dance

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 1:17:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
ash that flutters down from the volcano tracks in the treads of her boots. a passerby would see her in a hurry, but aya isn't rushing as she treks toward meteor falls. her presence is needed right where she stands now, gait coming to a halt, eyes searching the horizon for any signs of ezra. the underboss is to meet her here at this time as per a last minute decision to rendezvous.

rocket is in a position to mount their grand entrance to the hoenn region -- such a monumental occasion will not allow for failure. failure stems from inadequate trainers with inadequate pokemon.

so they decided to come here in search of a certain je ne sais quoi -- aya would know it when she saw it. her own predatory eye is trained to find fitting beasts for her required services. her foot taps on the gravel beneath and her arms cross as she stares into the ground, figure parked in the middle of the path into meteor falls.

@ezra
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 12:23:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

ezra had, of course, arrived early. it was rarely a bad idea to do so: an opportunity to venture into the mouth of the cave, scout out the surroundings, ensure that they'll be alone. things will be fine. time is of the essence; there are no other options.

she should be arriving, now.

certainly, as he emerges from the cavern, he looks down from the low cliffs to see that woman standing on the path below. he affords her no points for her punctuality — it's the least he can expect — but he recognizes it nonetheless. tardiness would've set entirely the wrong tone for their encounter. every interaction matters, no matter how small.

"hey. up here." he calls her attention from above, and not for the first time.

※ i'll mostly be using he/him pronouns for ezra this thread to avoid confusing myself too much

@aya
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 13:10:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
aya isn't waiting long before a voice rings out from above her. its boyishness is familiar, and she looks up to find ezra's face. "and here i thought i beat you here for once." a series of cliffs separate them; small enough to jump down, but tall enough to prevent her from climbing them without major effort. it wouldn't be the first time she'd attempted to scale such a cliff, and it wouldn't be her last.

today does not feel like the day to do it when ezra can jump down just as easily. a lower entrance to the cavern sits somewhere along the level she stands on. "hope your day is just fabulous!" the voice is sweet but sarcastic as she continues to look up at ezra.

"now you could come down here or you could watch me struggle my way up there. or i could go -- up to you!" a sanguine smile passes across her expression, her arms never uncrossing and foot never ceasing to tap.

@ezra trash again hah i need to get used to aya but here you go bb

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 14:43:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the comment and her sarcastic remark both provoke a wry smile. better luck next time. if she ever did get there before him, that would be impressive, but he keeps his thoughts to himself. her audacity comes as no surprise, and she's one of very few who can test him in such a way and get away with it. if it was a sincere challenge things might be different, but it seems she's just like that... they both are.

"slacking already?"
the line is delivered with the smug superiority one can come to expect of him. as fun as it might be to sit and watch her struggle up the rock face, and as much as he wants to do exactly that, now is not the time to let the minutes slip past. within seconds of his mocking, he's letting gravity carry him down.

"you work for me. why am i the one who's putting the effort in?" a harmless tease, but it contains a bite of fair warning as well. there is no malice in those words, but a necessary reminder. the casual warmth in the atmosphere is superficial — they know who they are, and why they're there — but it pervades their interactions nonetheless. sparing such kindness to one of the few people he trusts even conditionally is hardly a chore, but the chain of command does not go unforgotten. "be sure to keep up."

※ your posts are wonderful, don't even worry

@aya
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2018 3:19:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she chuckles and shakes her head at the mockery, eyes not bothering to follow ezra's form down the series of ledges. pushing the underbosses buttons tickles her own fancy every once in a while -- she's proven her loyalty enough times for him to know she does not mean to challenge his authority, or so she seems to think. when he touches down in front of her, they stand almost eye to eye; aya is smiling genuinely now, not having seen ezra in a little while.

"because i'm worth at least a little effort, right ezra?" the words are coated in saccharin but the playful sarcasm sits close beneath the sweet surface. her jest is followed by obedience, her stride falling in with his quickly as they make there way toward meteor falls. "i heard some people in town whispering about a spike in dragon activity in the falls lately. good for us." the words are almost singsong-y and she takes a giddy little skip behind ezra to fall in step with him, eyes peering out over the falls as they make their way inside.

"how are you anyways? busy i bet?" he's always busy, but with slateport coming up, aya is certain ezra has some shit on his plate. for once the question seems entirely sincere as she searches the profile of her superior's visage for some response.

@ezra

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
swords dance
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2018 2:15:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GIBLE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / sand veil[break]
shadow punch / hex / shadow ball / hypnosis
[break][break]

@aya & @ezra

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SWANNA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / big pecks[break]
air slash / water pulse / rain dance / brave bird
[break][break]

@aya & @ezra

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2018 4:42:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"don't let it go to your head." the words are serious, facing forward and away, but said with a fond smile. she's definitely not wrong. if anyone can be called his protégé it's her, and so far, he would dare say she's earned the title. very little impresses him in general, but she has rarely disappointed him, and that's worth just as much. it helps that her company doesn't bother him, either. their relatively relaxed relationship speaks volumes of her merit.

news of the dragon uptick elicits a satisfied hum in acknowledgment. good for them? certainly. hoenn is an undertaking that they need to prepare for, even outside of the decisive battle on the horizon; particularly concerning his own team composition and preferences, dragons would pad things out quite nicely.

her next question changes the air.

"busy. yeah. very busy." his tone is matter-of-fact, and the language itself suggests exhaustion, but the energy that radiates from him is entirely different. he's contained, aside from the excited glint in his eye. most of the trusted grunts know about slateport, but the detailed planning that has gone into the occasion already... ezra isn't one who struggles to keep secrets, but even he feels it's almost a shame that he must keep everything to himself. "we have so much to look forward to, aya."

※ interact w the mons at your leisure! i spawned them just for the sake of it so we can play things out / acknowledge them however / whenever you want ily

@aya

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2018 2:27:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
her lips curl with coy after his response; she knows the words do not own the excitement that he begins to exude as he acknowledges her. aya's hands clap together a few times, her own excitement materializing in those softs claps. the nature of slateport's broader plans is not clear to her. rather, she has been given her role in the invasion, and it is enough to satiate her. rocket's long term plans do not concern her. ezra's confidence is enough.

"i'm excited! i'm sure you're putting a lot into this." she sets aside her sarcastic edge for another moment of honesty as the two forms pass through the rocky exterior. "...and if it all goes wrong, we can just hide out here. and just...exist as hermits?" the idea tickles her fancy, at least a little. meteor falls maintains a quiet tranquility, blissfully unaware of the havoc aya and the rest of rocket plan to wreak on the world around it.

momentary silence passes between them before aya speaks up again. "look, we have a welcoming committee and everything." a swanna circles the air far above them as a gible stumbles out into the open from seemingly nowhere. like meteor falls, they, too, remain tranquil and unaffected by the visitors.

voltaire appears, scythes spread wide as aya directs him to the sky. his wings flap too quickly for her to really perceive them as moving while he ascends and awaits her orders. "i'm going to need that swanna." the smile remains as she hungrily licks her upper lip.

@ezra

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
swords dance
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 11:18:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"it won't go wrong."

particularly coming from ezra, the words may seem a bit hasty, a bit too confident. it's always smart to exercise caution, to plan things out, to leave room for the possibility of failure — he knows this better than most — but the time for those things has passed. the idea, while likely not suggested at all in earnest, is one he doesn't bother entertaining even as a fantasy.

it isn't with malice or condescension that he brushes her off. it's vigor.

"if you want meteor falls, we'll have it as winners. i'll give it to you."

the thought isn't interrupted, but the conversation temporarily deferred, perhaps for the better. two pokemon make themselves known, one above, one toddling in from below. she wants the swanna, and he wants the gible. it works out.

"that's fine by me." the small dragon is nothing now, but like most things, it will grow. in a moment, his mawile is on the field as well. the pick is slightly riskier than usual considering the opposition's secondary typing, but ezra is on a roll of his risks paying off, and he intends to keep it going.

@aya