part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
madness i say, MADNESS [BINGO]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:47:41 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","maverick"]
single battle?
The MIDSUMMER MADNESS has taken over the region and Maverick has well. With everything that has been going on in Hoenn lately from the beach party to pirates trying to take over to the craziness of legendary pokemon, the man was pumped more than ever to get on the right track to start earning those badges. But in order to challenge gyms, his team needed more training and more practice to be ready for the daunting task of fighting all out. And with the summer heat still blazing, what better way to kick summer but than a good old fashion battle.

Warm colored orbs flickered down to his smart watch, big bold numbers indicated what time it was. He let a sigh escape him, gaze lifted to look out for this person he was suppose to meant up here to battle. Azula, the massive six foot seven rapidash skull wearing houndoom, sat proudly by his side. Her own pair of ruby orbs searched for this stranger who was suppose to be showing up anytime soon. Maverick was hoping to get some more practice in with his grimmsnarl before they took on the gym, maybe even get some practice in with his absol if they have time for it.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".maverick"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick b"]font-weight:bold;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick i"]font-style:italic;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:10:50 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
It's a beautiful summer day, but it's way too hot for Katherine to enjoy it.

She is contemplating the idea of sending out her Castform and have him take care of this terrible weather. And perhaps she would have gone through with the idea if it wasn't for Maverick and his Houndoom that Katherine spots. They are both held in her gaze for several moments before the gym-leader finally chooses to make her way over.

They are both greeted with a soft smile.

"Hey, I am Katherine." And no, she didn't happen to be the stranger Maverick was looking for. But she's bored enough to entertain herself by asking a complete stranger what he was doing. "What are you two up to? I love the accessory on your Houndoom, by the way."

After all, this was the first skull-wearing Houndoom she had the pleasure of meeting.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 19:57:02 GMT
single battle
It didn’t take long for someone to appeared. And when the woman introduced herself, his warm gaze fell upon a purple haired woman with a smile. At first, the scarred man was silent and his expression blank. Although Maverick didn’t know much about the new gym leader, he heard that her name was Katherine Fairburne and that was about it. Was he really about to practice battle against another gym leader? Really? But when he realized he hadn’t said anything, he let out a small cough before gathering himself.

“To her, it’s not an accessory. It’s a trophy,” he explained to the woman as he stood up from his resting position, “And she thinks its a sign of true power.” Really, he had no idea why she wore it. It was big and bulky but he wasn’t gunna take it away from her. She would surely rip him to pieces. “It’s nice to meet you Katherine,” the man greeted, hand extended out in an offer for a hand shake, “The name is Maverick. We are looking for someone to do some practice battling with. I want to challenge a gym soon before summer ends and I feel like my pokemon aren’t ready yet.” He paused, eyed the woman curiously. “How about you? Not that its any of my businesses, but aren’t you a gym leader?” It wasn’t that Maverick was surprised to see a Gym Leader out and about. After all, he was practically dating one with how often they ran into each other. It was more or less, was he about to get his ass kicked in a practice battle? Again?

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 23:31:16 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Ah, an accessory. Makes sense."

How strange. She imagined that the skull weighed quite a bit and wasn't comfortable to wear. However, Katherine was also quite certain that if this was her pokemon who insisted on wearing it as a headpiece, she wouldn't have bothered to take it away from them either.

"You never know if they're ready until you try, if you ask me." She offers her advice despite the fact it wasn't asked for. "I mean, training is good. Duh. But if you imagine a real fight would be anything like it— you're setting yourself up for failure."

She shakes his hand briefly, her smile persisting.

"Yes, yes. I am Mauville's new gym leader, but you have nothing to worry about. I am still getting used to things." She retracts her hand and digs into her bag to retrieve a Pokeball. A light tap against the middle button of the device allows a Mimikyu to escape from within it. Her ghost-type stares ahead at the Houndoom, capturing Azula with its blank stare.

"Spook here needs the training, anyway. I haven't used her in an official match yet."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 17:32:30 GMT
single battle
The woman seemed so pleasant yet, so creepy at the same time. Or maybe, it was just him and not knowing what she could be capable of. Either way, the man nodded to her advise even if he choose not to completely agree. A practice battle shined a light to what his pokemon was capable of and if they can’t handle that, they couldn’t handle a real one. It was his opinion and what he believed was the right way. Or maybe, it didn’t want to take any more hits to his pride.

Upon the woman calling forth a creature she wanted to use today, his warm gaze flickered to the disturbing creature that appeared. A chill ran down his spine as the massive canine by his side let out a low menacing growl. He didn’t know what I was, but mimikyu’s have always creeped him out. And although it might not have been the best one to battle the ghost and fairy type, it was the only he wanted to training today. Reaching into his pocket, the man summoned his own creature. The ball burst open to let loose a grimmsnarl. The troll goblin mutation like creature snickered mockingly at the ghost and fairy type pokemon, a wide sinister grin spread along his face.

“I’ll be using Reaper,” Maverick introduced as he moved to the adjacent side of their practice area, being sure to leave plenty of room for the creatures to battle it out, “He recently evolved and I want to get him use to his new form before we take on a gym.” And once Maverick and his beloved canine made their way to their side of the battle field, they both nodded to the woman. “We are ready.” The grimmsnarl let out another round of snickers and giggles, thinking of ways to mess with this little rag doll pikachu looking creature. The nasty plotting boosting his special attack all the while.

With everything ready to go, Maverick made the first move. “Use dark pulse,” the man mumbled. The grimmsnarl clamps his hands together and pulled them apart ever so slightly. A small black and purple ball slowly formed, rapidly getting large the more he separated his hands. And as swiftly as the ball formed, the dark and fairy type pushes the ball in his opponent direction. A swirl of dark energy beams off in its direction in a dark pulse, aiming to hit anywhere it can.

reaper the grimmsnarl | male | prankster
fake out, torment, dark pulse, nasty plot, play rough
+2 special attack

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 17:43:02 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥

+2 sp.attack from the copycat nasty plot
Grimmsnarl appeared to find something funny in Mimikyu, and the NASTY PLOT was certainly felt in the atmosphere around them. Luckily, Spook is a true COPYCAT, and she manages to mimic the moves of the large troll to reach the same boost in power.

Still, the ghost-type remained stationary and dared not to move, even at the face of danger and the charging beam of DARK PULSE.

"Get close to him."

The order is short and efficient, and it's all the dual-type requires from her trainer before rushing into action. Spook slams herself headfirst into the DARK PULSE, which fails to impact them in any visible way. Their DISGUISE is knocked off, but the damage never registers.

They do reach the Grimmsnarl with one purpose in mind - it was time for them to PLAY ROUGH together. The Mimikyu shrouds the area with smoke as it jumps here and there, striking the troll repeatedly.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 18:41:12 GMT
quick reply!!!!
That thing was just straight up disturbing. Even as it took the attack and moved in close, the grimmsnarl just wasn’t ready. The creature was so quick it not only hit once, it hits three times and forces the bring pokemon to one knee. Pain rippled through his body as the super effective move forces him to take a moment o breath. Maverick winced, knowing it was already a bad start. “Don’t let it get to you Reaper,” the man hollered out in hopes to give the pokemon more encouragement, “ Use torment and play rough back!”

The grimmsnarl stood, breathing heavy. He faced his foe and stomps his foot on the ground, yelling at the opponent forcing to it to being unable to repeat move. Once he was done yelling, he rushed in towards the ghost pokemon as quickly as he could. His intentions was to play rough back, but the other pokemon was really quick.

+2 special attack

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:13:09 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥

+2 sp.attack from the copycat nasty plot
Their battle is as good as over, but Katherine voices no displeasure at the fact they have to see it to the end. In fact, she believes this is the best way to train her Mimikyu. It needs to know how to finish battles faster, and Maverick's Grimmsnarl should be a great test dummy.

"Did you hear that, Spook?"

The ghost-type doesn't turn back to respond to her trainer, but she knows where this is headed.

"Torment him back. Show them that there's no better COPYCAT than yourself."

A second COPYCAT is executed to pace each PLAY ROUGH, and it's done in order for Mimikyu to TORMENT its opponent in return. Both of them were now under the effects of this move. The second PLAY ROUGH is performed shortly after Mimikyu suffers her first blow in the battle from the dark-type.

A screen of smoke plagues the battlefield still, obscuring the pair of pokemon as they exchange blows amidst their play-time.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:25:08 GMT
THANK YOU!!!!
Maverick’s summer madness to battle as many gyms as he could was coming to a swift end. The creature was just out smarted and really, Maverick too. The creature only mimics his attacks, forcing the creature to being unable to use the same moved again. But at this point, did it matter? The creature exchanged blows, him hitting the masked pokemon while taking blows back. And after so many blows, the Grimmsnarl was forced to his knees once more. However, the trainer could not see what was going one anymore. “Reaper,” he called out, unable to see the creature in the thick haze, “You can do this.”

But do this, he can not. Taking one last blow, the creature toppled over. His face hit the ground with a soft thud as he was out cold. With no response from reaper, Maverick frowned. A sigh escaped it. Well… that was quick. Reaching into his pockets, the man called the creature back. This only proved they were not ready. And yet again, got his ass kicked by a gym leader. “Well..” The man mumbled with a sight hint of disappointment in his tone, “You won.” Another blow to his pride. “Thanks for the practice battle,” he sighed, warm gaze met her’s as he nodded to her, “See you around I guess.”

With that, Maverick and his massive houndoom turned to leave. How the hell was he to beat her in the gym battle if he can’t even last a few minutes in a practice battle?

+2 special attack

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:44:39 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥

♥ thank you!
It's close.

Well, no. It isn't. Katherine would be lying both to Maverick and herself if she told him that he did well and he should be proud of himself, because this wasn't a good showcase of his Grimmsnarl's abilities. His ability didn't come to light in battle, his TORMENT was a waste of time - and frankly, trading blows with Mimikyu is a mistake in itself.

After all, the fairy-type attack inflicted much more damage on the large troll than any of what her ghost endured.

"It wasn't that bad, you know. Some challengers can't get past their anxiety and surrender after the first move." She wasn't lying— but who knew if this would be enough to soften the blow to the trainer's ego?

"You do need more practice though." There's no dancing around this fact, "I hope that when you get it you'll come back to challenge my gym. It'll be fun."

Kat offers a brief wave before they each go their separate ways.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 1:27:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: