twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 15:11:19 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]everything is a blur after leaving lance at the hospital. she'd asked to be directed to the best hospital in the city, and she supposes it makes sense that it'd be league-funded. a million questions from nurses, doctors, league officials, until at last she returns to the sea.

mimi isn't here for revenge; she just wants to take back what's hers. family heirlooms don't just sprout out of the ground, they're treasured and kept safe by the next cheng in line. so that's what she's come to do. she's lucky to be offered the help of a league official to do it, even if she has no idea who he is besides a last name.

"so... anderson, do you have a first name?" she asks. as a civilian, military forms of address throw her off. "the pirate hideout should be around here, if we're to believe the locals."

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 18:56:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This was all so strange.

One moment he was at Mossdeep, poking around and trying to learn more about how Shoal Cave was the single place in all of Hoenn that was home to Ice-types, the next he found himself answering the distress call of someone who had run afoul of pirates and wanted nothing more than to be done with them.

He’d arrived seated atop the hulking silver beast, his Metagross, ready to fight the moment they’d come in for a landing.

“Yeah, I do. Call me Lars,” he began as he slid off the Metagross’s back to get ready for whatever they were going up against.

At the mention of pirates, his eye twitched.

Again? They’re all over the damned place lately. Do we have an estimated size of how many we’re going up against?”

He figured, best to be ready just in case shit went south, as these things tended to do.

time to kick some ASS

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:08:26 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]mimi nods "nice to meet you, lars. call me mimi" of course, it'd be even nicer to meet under better conditions, but he'll help her recover her necklace and that's good enough for her. if the metagross is anything to go by, he must be quite capable as well. she leads the man towards the edge of a rock formation, and has him take a quick look as she fills him in.

"it was only two that ambushed me and my friend, but i expect there to be a lot more here. at least four. two of them are on patrol right by the entrance, as you can see." mimi stops, uncertainty evident in her frown. "what's the standard procedure? will you have to apprehend them? confiscate their pokemon?" she really has no prior experience with situations like this, and that scares her a bit.

[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:15:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Two on two, if ever this gets out of hand—are you capable of hand-to-hand fighting, if worse comes to worse?” he inquired, hoping that they didn’t have to go that far.

Sure, he did have his best team with him right now—but out of all of them only one had an Ice-type move, and he could use that to their advantage. Now the new question here was how they were going to apprehend the brigands, so to speak…

“Ironically, we were allowed to use force—but no way in hell am I going to do that, it’s a mess with paperwork and explaining shit,” he added a few moments later.

“First things first—we handle the distractions, those two. If they raise the alarm we’ll be set on by however many more may be hiding in there.”

He squinted out for a few moments to do a quick sweep of the area.

“If we get those two knocked out with the element of surprise, we can corner the other two or so and bring them in. If they have shit they stole—we get it back and return it to their rightful owners.”

shitposting with STYLE

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 20:06:00 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]"i know martial arts," she answers slowly. she's never had to use her skills offensively, and his admission that he did not want to use force has her letting out a deep breath. she nods, glad that the more experienced of the two is taking charge. she'll follow his plan.

at his cue, mimi decides to tell him of her lost heirloom. "they stole a necklace of mine. it has a dark sphere, with a small fire-like pattern." implicitly, it's a request to keep an eye out for it. hopefully they'd find it.

her hand goes to her belt, where her pokeballs rest. she picks the one housing her dragonite, and he's soon released into the air. "one each, then? after you."

[attr="class","seelie"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dragonite"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 20:33:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know how pirates are when they see shiny things. They’ll go right after it without a second thought— he remarked. Who knew that the way pirates were stereotyped in mass media kind of spilled over into their actual, in real life-counterparts too?

“This is why I have him out. He’s got the smarts to handle them without laying a claw on them,” he said as he knocked the body of his Metagross softly. “Ro, you know what to do,” he added a few moments later before the Metagross let out a soft grunt and folded its legs in.

“Go,” he continued. Watching as the Metagross used Magnet Rise to start moving, the silver-hued beast disappeared around the edge of where they were hiding. Surely, they would be attracted to the sight of a shiny Pokémon and try to capture it for themselves…

Back to where the two were hiding:

“Family heirloom?” he inquired once he’d committed the description of the item to memory. “Should this be the same bunch of pirates that attacked you and your companion previously, very high chance they have it…”

And then, from beyond their hiding place, the commotion started. Excited commotion, because who the fuck would pass up a chance to catch a shiny Metagross?

But Ro had other ideas, and was quick to flick out a blast of Telekinetic energy and attempted to knock one of the two pirates over like a bowling pin.

time to start the fun lol

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 0:28:10 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]shiny things, lars says. mimi hums, recalling the events from a few days ago. that's not exactly how she remembers it happening, but she's honestly still unsure of why exactly the pirates were after them. might as well have been her necklace. that's something she'll have to discuss with lance when he wakes up.

right now, she has a more pressing matter to think about. she spares the metagross a look. league pokemon are so capable, it amazes her sometimes. the shiny metagross is no exception. when it leaves towards the pirate hideout, mimi nods in her dragonite's direction to follow its lead.

"yeah. i went to take a dip with my friend and when i was back, so was my necklace. weird that they didn't take anything else, actually." it's an idle thought she mentions while taking a look at how the pokemon were faring.

she can clearly see the wave of energy coming from lars's ro and into one of the pirates. at the same time, she sees her own pokemon sneaking behind the other pirate and using its tail to make him trip over, before throwing some water at his face to dumbfound him. a feat only possible thanks to the distraction provided by the metagross.

"coast is clear."

[attr="class","seelie"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 17:26:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“As long as it’s shiny, they can make use of it—why do you think there’s a black market trade for stolen items? Like, you know it’s there, but do you know where the goods are coming from? Very safe bet it’s coming from them,” he surmised.

Over where the Metagross and the Dragonite had quietly ‘disposed’ of the two pirates, the Metagross decided to ensure that they wouldn’t be getting up for a while, released two successive blasts of Psychic at the pirates, making them collapse and be knocked out.

That should keep them down for half an hour—maybe more, at the best.

“Come on,” he said once he heard his Metagross calling to him with a grating noise. “Let’s make this trip into the cove quick.”

He then slipped out from behind the rock where they were hidden and saw that the Metagross had even done them one step further—floating the two knocked-out pirates close to each other and leering at them with his red, unflinching stare.

bonk lol

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 17:43:25 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
[attr="class","mimi"]she supposes it makes sense. mimi never really thought about it that way. her life started in a small, rural town in sinnoh, and before she ever got a chance to look at the ugly, the next thing she knew were the flashing lights of a stage. she wants to ask how long hoenn has been dealing with these pirate attacks, but the moment passes too quickly and they're already running inside.

mimi only gets a quick glance at the metagross' masterful, no doubt practiced routine. it's suspiciously quiet when they reach the hideout, and still too quiet when they pass by tunnel after tunnel until something shiny catches her eye. "there, behind the glass!"

it's a wonder they've managed to install a glass wall inside a cove, but upon closer inspection she realizes it's a box. a lot like the ones used in museum exhibitions. mimi's dragonite gives it a good punch, allowing mimi to pick up her lost trinket from beneath the tempered glass. in that very moment, she sees the angry frown of a pirate appear from behind the shadows. uh-oh.

she looks over to lars, and the two pirates approaching from that flank. there's more coming, too. she can hear the footsteps.

"we should really get out of here."

cCjPM35s

[attr="class","seelie"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 17:50:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Maybe it was lucky he left Ro outside, just in case the two dunderheads decided to wake up. He followed her, deeper and deeper into the cove they went, passing twisting and turning tunnels.

He wondered if there was an end in sight, before he realized that they had found what they were looking for—however unfortunately they had company of the ugly kind.

“We better move, let’s go,” he agreed, hoping that he didn’t have to bust out the other five Pokémon he had with him. This was going to be a tight fit, either way.

“You take the lead, I’ll follow you,” he added a few moments later. Just in case things got ugly and went south—as they tended to do whenever people were sprung upon or discovered.

J3wslqVI

and here comes t r o u b l e

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
raging fire [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 20:14:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: