marcel maeda
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 9:16:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]despite his rank, marcel isn't a well-known face--he's met with some resistance as he tries to enter the medical bay. unfazed, he presses his master key to the card reader, forcing the grunts to step aside when he makes his way through the entrance.
[break][break]
"you got a problem, bring it up with merlino." given recent events, he's sure no one's about it take him up on that offer.
[break][break]
it doesn't take long to locate wendy olson. marcel's eyes are kind as he approaches. "how's the leg?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 9:28:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she was scared.

even afterwords. after she was patched up. after the bullet had been removed. she was still scared. what if he came back in again? what if he was still angry? or, worse - what if it were her father, disappointed in how she handled the situation?but what would she tell him? that she didn't know what was happening? that she wasn't conscious? no one would believe that, would they?

she sat on a bed in the medical ward, one that she was used to seeing others stay. the bullet had been removed, harmlessly, and pokemon had gotten to work to recovering their doctor. unfortunately, it was still going to be a bit for her to fully get back in shape. though the damage was being tended to, her confusion and fear still lingered.

and when someone else enters the room, she instinctively shuts her eyes and attempts to hide under the blankets like a child (like blankets were going to save her from whatever monster she was anticipating). it wasn't until she hears a warm voice reach out to her, did she slowly and hesitantly lower the sheets, looking up to a man who gave her a patient gaze.

"o-oh, uhm.." she starts, stammers, trying to find the words. "a-a bit better. but it still hurts.."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:33:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]even with his scrutiny, his gaze does not sharpen. marcel's expression remains gentle, if somewhat bland. reaching out to his side, he grabs the nearest chair and drags it; a slow scrape fills the hospital room.
[break][break]
"that's good."
[break][break]
gavin's approach--for some reason or another--clearly hadn't worked. perhaps marcel should be grateful that his authority is quieter, more easily displaced. he doesn't have the energy or patience to deal with olson in a bad mood, judging from the reports.
[break][break]
there's some pause before he speaks again. "what happened?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:20:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
if she could, she would hug her knees.

unfortunately, one of them was still out of commission. it leaves her with only hugging the blanket close to herself, all while quietly eyeing the man then averting her gaze to the bed. "w-well.." how does she put it? does she just say the truth? what other option did she have? she just doesn't like saying it, because she doesn't know exactly what it is. she doesn't know how to explain it.

"g-gavin.. came into the room with mcflurry. sh-she was all bloodied, a-and.." she stammers, trying to find the words while avoiding having to conjure up the mental image "i w-was trying to find a way to help her. b-but there was so much blood, i-i.." she clutches the blanket, tears welling up again.

"i-i don't remember. i think i d-drifted off? and when i came to, g-gavin h-had a gun to my chest.."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:39:49 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel rests an elbow on the armrest, cheek against his palm.
[break][break]"you're a doctor, aren't you?" he doesn't bother trying for eye contact--olson didn't seem the type. "blood comes with the job." especially under their organisation.
[break][break]
he leaves a pause for her tears; after some rummaging, he holds out a pack of tissues.
[break][break]
"drifted off?" he echoes. his disbelief is only thinly veiled.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 21:24:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"i-i know.." she sighs in defeat, gently fidgeting between her fingers while trying to find the words.

"if it's a small amount, i can usually handle it. l-like a small cut, or a scratch.." but anything more than that, and she'd sooner find herself drifting off and coming to with no recollection. there's always a pocket of time where she doesn't recognize what she did, especially when it came to her father.

wendy takes the tissues, eyes still avoiding him altogether while nodding her head in gratitude. "mmn.. this happens when i'm.. exposed to a lot of blood.." she gently presses the tissue against her eyes to dry them "s-specifically when i do operations. i-i usually have to hear that it works out in the end, but.." thinking on it, she pities the assistants.

"usually, the people around me look.. unsettled once i come to. i-i can never remember what happened."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
deux [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 14:43:39 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel watches olsen carefully as she tells her story. while his expression grows placid, his patience shows no signs of wavering. if she's lying, he'd suspect her of not even trying; if she isn't, they had far more to worry about.
[break][break]
he doesn't so much as shift as he thinks over her words. finally, he lifts his head, hand falling to the side of his chair.
[break][break]
"why are you doing this job?" he asks, sounding curious more than anything, "there are clearly complications."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deux [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 6:49:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"because i want to help people"

she holds the words back; it wasn't something that someone from rocket would say, would it? she didn't think so, so she held her tongue back from speaking. she didn't want to be saying anything that could.. get her in trouble. potentially. she already knows what happens when she gets in trouble.

still, lying wasn't going to get her anywhere.

"... i-i just.. want to be a good doctor and help people.." even if those people were criminals. "th-that, and.." she pulls the sheets over herself a bit more "b-because of.. family.." she sheepishly admits.