leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 14:11:20 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

The coffee was boiling hot, but Alecto gulped it down like her life depended on it. In her mind, it probably did.

If her partner took much longer, he'd have to drink cold coffee.

The door to the bookstore formerly known as Hoothoot's Reading Nook stood slightly open, but it was still too early for the weak morning light to pierce through the gloom within the shop. When Alecto set her mug down on the counter it created a puff of dust that mainly settled on her dark clothing.

Grimacing, the woman patted her black tank top, which only served to further disturb the layers of dust caked on top of the old, slightly stained wooden counter. Truth be told, there was dust everywhere in this place, but she'd thought it manageable up until she'd ended up sneezing every five seconds yesterday.

Thankfully, the house was pretty much finished. What she needed to do now was to set up the basement and to give the main shop a last cleaning. They would finally have a space to document their findings and to work on their research - about time too.

The shelves were already in place, but everything else needed either to go in or to be given a good scrubbing. Speaking of, she probably should go check on the basement situation. There'd been a few strange sounds during the night - probably pests or something. With luck, they'd be the ghostly type of pests. At least Alecto and her partner would be able to study those.

It was even grimier downstairs. Her coffee mug followed her, the smell of the heavenly, caffeinated drink overcoming the slightly moldy stink in there.

Her head snapped up when she heard something.

"Jaspar! About time."

tag:

notes: spring cleaning mission
MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Asexual/panromantic
Servant of the Void
5 height
5 height
awards
15 posts
jaspar duval DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaspar
jaspar duval
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 14:22:16 GMT
jaspar duval Avatar
It was raining in Verdanturf that morning, thick grey clouds dropping pellets of water across the skeepy town. Most were inside, avoiding the downpour as best they could. One figure did not yet have that luxary, elegantly striding across down. His form was shaded by his black umbrella, giving his already shadow clad visage a nefarious appearance. 

Those who dared to stay outside to watch the rain, scurried inside at the sight of him. None dare meet his emerald gaze as he strolled across the soaked streets. He did not mind their fear, his mind was elsewhere. He was entirely focused on his destination, and what awaited him there.

He soon came to the far side of town, where a decaying bookstore stood like a grave among flowers. The sign that sat on the roof under a faded looking hoothoot statue read 'Hoothoot's Reading Nook', however the store had long abandoned that name. Its true name was etched on the door the figure was now approaching, 'The Cryptic Cove'.

Slowly the man opened the door, stepping into the dim light of this mysterious shop. He brushed off his umbrella and discarded it, revealing his true appearance. The pale man with a scared face began to cackle as he revealed a package hidden under his black coat. Holding aloft, his cackle turned to mad laughter as he declared, "I HAVE BROUGHT DOUGHNUTS!"

Jaspar waited a moment, only now realizing that no one was currently present to witness his theatrics. He let out a disappointed sigh, placing the pink box of goodies on the service counter. Striding toward the back of the shop, he began to call out for his companion, "Alecto darling you better not be asleep!" He was making his way to the stairs that lead to Alecto's apartment above the shop, only to find that the door to the basement nearby was open. 

Jaspar lightly tapped his forehead. Of course, she's in the basement. It's basement day after all. He walked to the basement entrance and called out down the stairs in a sing-song tone.

"Alecto! I brought dooooughnuts!"

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 15:03:45 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

Although Jaspar's grand entrance went unfortunately unnoticed, Alecto heard enough to know that her partner in crime had finally deigned to show his face. She took another sip of her coffee and called out "In here, Jaspar!", hoping that her voice made its way up to him. It's not like this place was huge and she'd locked the door to her apartment upstairs, so there really was only one way to go.

The young woman perked up at the mention of doughnuts, and she immediately turned back to climb up to the bookstore proper. When she did, she found a familiar face grinning down at her and she couldn't help the answering grin from taking over her lips. "Doughnuts, Jaspar? I could kiss you right now." There was a thin layer of dust covering her clothes - turning them a moldy green/gray - and she was entirely unaware of the dark smudge over her nose. 

Then she saw the colorful box atop the counter and her focus sharpened comically to that single object, Jaspar already forgotten. She was by the box in a flash, mouth watering as she opened the box to reveal the delicious, inviting content inside. 

"Hmmmm." Alecto didn't hesitate before attempting to shove an entire doughnut in her mouth, cheeks bulging with sugary goodness. "Thish reallly gud." Speaking wasn't the smartest thing to do in this situation, but Alecto didn't really care. She was in heaven at the moment. Doughnuts and coffee? Yes please.

"Diowantshumcofee?" The coffee mug was still in her hand, a monstrosity of bright purple and black with little eyes drawn all over its surface. There was another like it in her kitchen, except that it was fully black and belonged to the only other human being in the store with her. She kept it there for when Jaspar came over. 

tag:

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Asexual/panromantic
Servant of the Void
5 height
5 height
awards
15 posts
jaspar duval DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaspar
jaspar duval
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 14:19:52 GMT
jaspar duval Avatar
Jaspar cackled at Alecto's comment as he watched her climb the stairs. "You could but I'd have to charge you for the privilege. You wear that dust well by the way." Jaspar gladly lead Alecto to the box of doughnuts and watched her eat one. He would have partaken himself, except he found something was missing. He knew exactly what, he just needed permission to go get it.

And there it came, Jaspar lit up at the mention of coffee. "Don't mind if I do! Thank you very much!" He giggled, hurrying toward Alecto's living quarters. He returned with his black mug filled to the edge with coffee. He took a hearty swig and let out a satisfied sigh, "There, all is well with the world."

He sat himself across from Alecto, grabbing a doughnut before speaking. "Sorry that I'm tardy for the party. These bad boys took way longer than expected. High demand and all." He dipped his doughnut in his coffee and took a bite. They complimented each other beautifully. His eyes suddenly widened, not because of the doughnut but because he remembered something.

"Oh-" he finished swallowing his doughnut and reached into his coat pocket. "Look what I got." Jaspar pulled out a pokeball and opened it, releasing a Golurk. The massive stone pokemon let out a mechanical groan, looking to the two humans with curiosity. Jaspar hopped a bit in his chair, "He was being given away online. I figured he could help us move." The golurk heard this, gave an ominous noise, and excitedly gave a 'thumbs up' gesture. Jaspar clapped, "Perfect! Alright let's fuel up and get started." 

He returned his attention to Alecto's delectable coffee, savoring it as best he could on a time crunch.

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 8:44:57 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

In an herculean effort, Alecto managed to gulp down the doughnut, washing it down with some of her coffee. She didn't hesitate before she went for a second one, the white frosting staining her fingers white. She did manage to slow down a little bit, taking her time to savour this second one as opposed to just wolfing it down.

When Jaspar came back down, Alecto was sitting on top of the counter, legs dangling and swinging in some imagined rhythm as she finished the last of her coffee. The second doughnut was nowhere in sight. "Totally worth the wait. Where did you get these, by the way, Jaspar? They're delicious." 

Alecto blinked at Jaspar's sudden statement, curiosity getting the better of her as she leaned forward in time to watch Jaspar release a pokémon into her bookstore. When the bright light gave way to a huge Golurk, Alecto gasped out loud and immediately jumped forward, excitement taking the place of her previous curiosity. 

"Given away? That was so lucky! They're so rare in Hoenn." Her speech sped up in her excitement, and she walked around the Golurk, examining the armor, poking and proding at him. She was muttering under her breath and magicked a notebook out of seemingly nowhere, starting to take notes as she went. "Did you notice any shift in the psychic field around him? He seems like a strong ghost type..." There were a few more mutters as she drew a couple of symbols, completely lost in her world. 

She didn't even register Jaspar's next words, but when Golurk moved to give his new trainer a thumbs-up, it nearly ended up sucker-punching Alecto, who had to scramble back at the last second lest she end up sprawled on the floor. 

"I like him," she told Jaspar, grinning, her notebook already gone into... somewhere. Maybe another dimension. "Time to do some heavy lifting. Ready?" 

She let out her own pokémon, a levitating Claydol that stood completely still and silent in the air. "Come on, Seraphim, we have some work ahead of us." Lots to clean and to move downstairs. "We should get the dust out first." And what fun that would be... Ugh.

tag:

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Asexual/panromantic
Servant of the Void
5 height
5 height
awards
15 posts
jaspar duval DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaspar
jaspar duval
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 19:21:53 GMT
jaspar duval Avatar
Jaspar rubbed his chin, a change in the psychic field? Not that he was aware, and he made this fact known. "As for its aura and such, it seems rather usual for a Golurk. Though it has far more intelligence. Most Golurk just know how to punch and stand still." The golurk made a clicking sound, you wouldn't be able to tell but it was blushing. 

When Alecto suggested they get started, Jaspar clapped his hands. "Right-o, and begin we shall!" He removed his coat with a flourish, revealing a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. A bit fancy for cleaning tasks, but Jaspar figured if he had to get his hands dirty he might as well look good. He brought out a pokemon of his own, his Beheeyem Amon. 

Amon looked to the claydoll. It let out a bizarre series of beeps and hums, a greeting of sorts of its Hoenn counter part. Of all the pokemon on Alecto's team, the claydoll was the only one he could relate to. The others were all so--mortal. Their biology was as basic as their human masters. Claydoll was different though, claydoll understood Amon like no other.

Amon floated next to the claydoll as they began their tasks. Jaspar had pulled dusting equipment from the broom closet, throwing a dusting wand to Alecto. "We should have bought masks, the dust is going to murder my sinuses. Oh well. Come everyone, to the basement!" Jaspar marched down the basement stairs, his Golurk and Amon following close behind with their arsenal of cleaning supplies. 

And thus their quest to clean the basement began.

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 18:04:33 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

No sound came from the Claydol, exactly, but its body shook ever so slightly in a greeting as the other pokémon approached. Some of its eye-like appendages shone in a series of light signs that approached some sort of speech Alecto had never been able to figure out. Yet. Seraphim was the closest Alecto had to an alien intelligence and she considered herself extremely lucky the pokémon had chosen her to be its trainer.

The woman had to step around the giant Golurk who stood right in the middle of her bookstore - careful not to accidentally take a punch to the face - in order to retrieve some of the cleaning supplies she'd acquired yesterday. Some products reeked of disinfectant and bleach. Alecto was determined to have a liveable research room. 

She miraculously caught the dusting wand with the tip of her fingers and bade Seraphim follow her while she herself followed Jaspar down the stairs. 

The smell of mold immediately hit her nose as she descended and she sneezed, almost falling down the stairs with all the supplies. "This is disgusting," she couldn't help but complain. She set the cleaning supplies down and surveilled the area. "We should start by cleaning everything in here." There were a few desks by the corner that could be usable, but everything else was trash. 

She sent Jaspar a wink as she released yet another pokémon, the bright flash turning into a Kadabra. The fox-like pokémon's eyes shone with a disturbing amount of intelligence as he followed Alecto's movements sharply. "Kushiel here and your Golurk can remove the old furniture while we clean." She waved the dusting wand in the air, sneezing again due to the motion. 

Truth be told, the Kadabra looked as if he would rather do anything but what Alecto had told him to, but one look at the enormous Golurk made him simply nod his head, albeit relunctantly. There was no mistaking the resentful look in his eyes as he started moving things out of the building using PSYCHIC

In the meanwhile, Alecto put on some gloves, playfully bumped hips with Jaspar, and swept the dusting wand over the closest shelves.

The resulting cloud of dust almost killed her.

tag:

notes:  here, have a murderous kadabra lol

spring cleaning mission
MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Asexual/panromantic
Servant of the Void
5 height
5 height
awards
15 posts
jaspar duval DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaspar
jaspar duval
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 1:58:50 GMT
jaspar duval Avatar
This spring cleaning was more like a spring hootenanny! Jaspar had a blast and a half dancing to music in his head as he cleaned, occasionally bumping into Alecto purposefully for a laugh. His chuckle was impish, and his gaze was filled with jubilation. Who knew cleaning could be so much fun!?

Well to be fair the humans weren't doing any heavy lifting, Golurk was supposed to work with the kadabra but he wasn't a very good team player. Every time the kadabra would attempt to lift something with his mind, Golurk would just grab the object and stomp off to dispose of it outside. It was possible he wasn't aware how teamwork--worked. Or maybe he just really hated psychic types, you can never tell with these golems. The duo would make good time regardless, very quickly making their way through the junk.

While Amon was supposed to be cleaning, he spent more time 'chatting' with the claydol. The two exchanged blinking lights, with AMon occasionally making a series of beeps that could be mistaken for laughter. Jaspar noted this behavior as he swept the floor. He shuffled closer to Alecto, "Do you ever wonder what they're saying? They're so fascinating when they're together. I've been working on a way to translate Amon's lights, so hopefully one day I can laugh at their jokes too."

Indeed Amon was sharing quite a few jokes with the claydol, like how easily humans would evaporate if lifted near the sun. Or how easily they pop when smashed between two rocks. Heh, humans are so fragile and pathetic. It's hilarious.

The group was making fair progress, and if they kept up their pace the basement should be finished by late afternoon. Then came the fun part: redecorating.

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2020 11:40:52 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

The normally serious countenance of Alecto's face would be replaced by an equally impish smile when Jaspar bumped into her, and before she knew it she'd find herself humming under her breath a song she didn't know the lyrics to.

Her green eyes shifted to the Claydol and Elgyem at Jaspar's words, stopping her dusting for a couple of seconds to watch their exchange of blinking lights. "Seraphim is only this lively around certain pokémon; I wonder if there are language barriers between different types of pokémon? Or maybe it is just their natural inclination to speak to those who understand them." She nudged Jaspar playfully. "Much like us."

In the meanwhile, the Claydol flashed its eye-like appendages, agreeing with the other pokémon. It lifted a few things into Golurk's arms with its psychic powers, but otherwise simply levitated there.  It wondered, for a moment, how humans managed to survive without psychic powers. They were so very, very fragile. Hilariously so.

By the time the cleaning was almost done and the broken furniture had been taken outside by a very enthusiastic Golurk (and a seething Kadabra), Alecto's clothes had turned a - literally - dusty grey. The two grimmy windows near the ceiling had also been cleaned, letting in some natural light into the otherwise darkened room. It looked very empty all of a sudden, and Alecto couldn't help the smug smile of satisfaction at the end result.

The woman let out a sigh of relief as the last of the dust was dealt with and immediately sagged against Jaspar. Her arms felt like limp noodles - besides carrying books, she wasn't used to any sort of physical activity. Her stomach suddenly let out a loud rumble that brought a flush to her cheeks. She tilted her head up at Jaspar. "Lunch? I have some riceballs upstairs. We can talk about the decorating while we eat." It was a bit late for lunch, but she was hungry - and a hungry Alecto was a grumpy Alecto.

tag:

notes:  sorry for the wait!

spring cleaning mission
MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

Hollow

He/Him
Asexual/panromantic
Servant of the Void
5 height
5 height
awards
15 posts
jaspar duval DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaspar
jaspar duval
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2020 2:47:55 GMT
jaspar duval Avatar
Time passed, and the group feverishly cleaned every inch of the basement. By the time they were done, Jaspar would also be covered in grime (although you wouldn't be able to tell, with his clothes being black and all). As Alecto leaned into him, Jaspar used his broom to steady himself and support the both of them. "I'm bushed." He mused, wiping his brow. 

He very suddenly displayed energy however at the mention of food. Yes, food would be a fine way to cap off this endeavor. Jaspar dropped the broom and wrapped an arm around Alecto. "That's a fine idea! Everyone upstairs posthaste!" Jaspar lead Alecto upstairs, marching with purpose as their pokemon crew followed close behind.

Nothing beat the taste of cooked rice after a hard day's work. Jaspar cooed as he savored his rice ball, Alecto's cooking was always a delight. "My dear you've outdone yourself! This is delectable!" Every bite brought Jaspar more joy, which he displayed with a vast array of facial expressions. But once he was finished he went strangely calm, his demeanor becoming far more serious.

"Now down to business." He tapped his mouth with a napkin before leaning in, "Has everything arrived? How soon can we begin work on the altar."

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2020 11:56:27 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

If anyone asked Alecto about her cooking skills, she would simply shrug and tell them that cooking was like any other essential, yet boring skill one would acquire through life in order to survive. Those who knew her better also knew that she approached cooking with the same mindset as one did science experiments - she liked to stray away from recipes and come up with entirely new things, or reinvent classic dishes.

Sometimes they turned out brilliant. Sometimes they were garbage. Thankfully, these rice balls were one of her tried and true recipes.

Alecto gulped down another riceball with with all the enthusiasm of a kid who'd just been given a whole box of candy. There was some leftover rice by the side of her mouth which she quickly swiped away. Meal devoured, Alecto leaned back with the most satisfied expression on her face and sighed. When she opened her eyes, she recognized the serious look on Jaspar's face. He could be very intense when they got down to business - but then again, so could she.

Anticipation bubbled in her belly as she copied his movements, leaning forward. Her eyes glinted with excitement as he spoke. "The boxes are at the back of the bookstore, we just have to get them down to the basement, which should be easy." 

She thought about the basement itself, judging its size without all the trash that'd been there previously. "One of the walls should have books and research material. We already have that here, but feel free to bring more; we'll have space for our growing... research." 

She pursed her lips. "The altar could stay next to one of the walls, preferably away from the books. Also, there will have to be enough space to conduct rituals. Pentagrams and pentagons take up a lot of space." She didn't feel like having to move everything around just because she wanted to try a new variation of a summoning circle or something like that. "And we need a big table for research. I have one downstairs that might serve the purpose." It used to be where recently released books were displayed, but Alecto didn't need it. "Also... I was thinking of getting a whiteboard." It didn't exactly go with the vibe of the whole place and she didn't know what Jaspar would think of it - but it would be extremely useful as they pieced things together.

tag:

notes: ... alecto is a foodie canon

spring cleaning mission
MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
cultist simulator [c]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2020 22:27:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: