part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 19:34:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It went without saying—

Lars needed alcohol.

He was pretty sure that Skyler also needed some alcohol to unwind after that fucking debacle they had witnessed in Evergrande. Honestly, they needed some place to talk, without being overhead, that had quality alcohol being served.

So of course being the utter simp that he is, Lars recommended that they go to this tavern deep inland, specifically in Rustboro—specifically, his boyfriend’s humble abode, the Stray.

The question now was, how would take to him showing up hours way ahead of when he would normally arrive, and accompanied by someone he was rather certain that the other man didn’t know? He’d have to make introductions at some point. Maybe later.

Well, he did promise the other man that he would bring in people from near and far, throughout the region, to the Stray to spread the word about the place and keep the place alive, even if it was plenty alive as it was.

He’d taken the Air Metagross express, if but to give himself some time to think while they were traveling to the location at hand. Finally coming down for the landing in an alleyway, he finally slid off the silver Metagross’s back before giving Ro a pat.

“So… this place I’m taking you to. It’s been around for quite some time. Got good food, and even better alcohol. Nights are the liveliest time, buzzing with activity, but I figured… we’re going to need some time before the crowds come in so we can talk about what the fuck just went down in private, he explained as he waited for Skyler on the approach.

we need a damned drink!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 15:33:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler held on for dear life as Atalanta, her Salamence, flew through the skies at ridiculously high speeds. The sailor was used to rough seas, but this was something else entirely. Honestly, she would have enjoyed it more if not for the images that kept replaying again and again every single time she dared close her eyes.

Damn it all, she needed a drink. Or several. Probably several.

When Skyler finally landed, having left the sea a ways back, her hair was a chaotic mess of curls slung every which way. She didn't look any better than when they'd left that - she wanted to say meeting, but that word didn't encapsulate the sheer horror and ineptude that she'd seen displayed in there. 

Atalanta growled when Skyler gave her a playful fist-bump. The dragon was a little rough around the edges, but she was a good sorts. She bumped her head with Skyler's before she was called back to her pokéball.

"If I don't get a drink now I think I might die." Skyler pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers, feeling a headache starting to pulse somewhere behind her eyes. Then she seemed to gather herself and exhaled sharply. "Okay Lars, this place better be good." A faint smile tugged at her lips, contrasting with her earlier words. "We have a lot to talk about. Lead the way." 

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 16:21:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Need a hairbrush?” he snarked a little, chuckling as he gestured at her windswept hair. Unsurprisingly his hair gel held up throughout the entire flight, although now the insides of his nostrils stank of sea air and salt.

Giving the Metagross another pat, he then fished out the Heavy Ball and recalled the Metagross to give him some time to rest, all things considered.

“Normally I’d have brought you here in the evening, but trust me I think we’re going to need the peace and quiet now. I can’t—honestly, I can’t handle food right now, he said with a dark look in his eyes as he opened the door to the tavern proper.

Unsurprisingly (again), the place was mostly empty.

“You want a corner booth or are we going to go straight for the bar counter?” he asked her, his eye falling on the rather impressive collection of alcohol that glimmered in bottles on shelves behind the counter proper.

we need a damned drink!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 17:30:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's hands immediately went for her hair at Lars' comment, attempting to pat it down with little to no success. One of her fingers actually got tangled in her curls and she cursed as she had to work it out. The end result wasn't much better than its original shape and Skyler finally gave up with a huff and a shrug of her shoulders. "We can't all have," and she made a vaguely triangular shape with her hands, "freakishly pointy hair." It must be very aerodynamic though, she couldn't help but think.

"Me neither," she confessed to Lars, looking around at the interior of the establishment. She'd seen all sorts of places, but she had to admit that this place had a certain... charm. "I'm not sure I'll be able to eat today. Drink, that I can do." She sent a look Lars' way, knowing that the man probably agreed with her.

The blonde followed Lars's eyes until she happened upon shelves upon shelves of all sorts of liquor. "Bar counter," she found herself saying, already making her way to one of the stools. Angelical choirs sang in her head as she saw the spectacular array of alcohol before her. She waited until after Lars was seated next to her, a couple of seconds going by in silence before her voice whispered into the air. 

"What the fuck was all that?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 5:52:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was unsurprised to see Skyler make a beeline straight for the bar.

How strange it was to see the Stray so quiet in the late afternoon—but seriously they were going to need all the time to discuss this shit before the place came to life in the evening.

“Told you there’s a lot of alcohol available,” he chuckled as he seated himself next to her before looking around, relishing the few moments of silence before taking his phone out and sending a text to his boyfriend to come down from wherever he was hiding—he had some early guests and hopefully wouldn’t mind the surprise company.

Once he’d sent the text to his boyfriend, Lars turned to Skyler and sighed.

“You know, fuck if I can make heads or tails of it. Space cannibals? he added with a shrug. “That’s at least as closest as I can call what…what we witnessed.”

we need a damned drink!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2020 10:11:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

No matter how much Skyler thought about it, nothing about this narrative made any sort of sense. She knew that Hoenn had seen its fair share of horrors before, but-- this whole thing was on a different level. A strange, science-fiction sort of level. Her mind was trying to wrap itself around the concept of
alien cannibals - as Lars had put it - and she couldn't help the shudder that went through her at the notion.

"It doesn't feel real." The footage had proved her terribly wrong though. Her stomach felt uneasy just thinking about it. "We're going to have to fight those things." There was no question in her mind that she'd be one of the people in the frontlines, despite having never participated in something like that. Being on that meeting had changed something in her without her even noticing it.

"Speaking of," her voice lowered, despite the pub being basically empty, "what's the deal with the League? Is the League always so..." Disorganized. Chaotic. Conflicted. "... divided?"

They were supposed to be their leaders. They were supposed to protect Hoenn. Her faith in the current authority had taken a severe hit today. Shaking her head, Skyler bumped into Lars with her elbow, a faint smirk on her lips. "So, you going to make us some drinks or what?" 

● tags:
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 15:41:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Divided? Tell me something I don’t know,” Lars remarked as he waved his hand dismissively. He didn’t want to admit to Skyler that she’d hit the nail on the proverbial head, so to speak… but after the meeting it only served to rear its ugly head even more.

“Honestly, if there was a time the League wasn’t divided, it would’ve been in another universe,” he chuckled darkly as he rubbed the sides of his head to relieve the pressure that was slowly starting to manifest in a headache.

Speaking of which…

“Oh, I’m not the bartender, he is,” he chuckled. If Skyler was quick enough to notice it, his ears were starting to turn red. His blush didn’t manifest on his face (thank fuck) but somehow it always managed to appear on his ears instead. Gee, what a giveaway.

“You know my usual,” he said to the tattooed man on the other side of the bar, “…and what do you want? Don’t tell me you want some seaside rum?” he joked slightly, the beginning of a smirk forming on his lips.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 17:37:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's attention shifted briefly to the man behind the counter, giving him a casual wave of her hand. "Nice to meet you." Her focus intensified at the red that spread over Lars' ear, and when she turned to face him, sitting sideways on the stool with no regard for any sort of elegance or poise, there was a shit-eating grin on her face.

"I feel like you aren't telling me something, Lars." It probably showed in her face that she'd already guessed at the relationship between her best friend and the tattooed guy on the other side of the counter. She just wanted to hear him say it because - a blushing Lars was just too funny and she would be remiss if she didn't held onto this chance.

Laughter escaped her mouth at Lars' question. "I'm sorry to destroy your stereotypes, but I find that I'm more partial to tequila myself." Her elbow touched the bar's countertop and she leaned her head on the open palm of her hand. "So, since you're Head Ranger and all..." She knew that he didn't like his title being thrown carelessly to the winds, but they were practically alone in this place. "How long has it been this way? People talking over each other. Throwing accusations. Disregarding solutions that aren't their own. Is everyone in the League that self-absorved?" 

It would help explain the chaos that was Hoenn at the moment. Little did the sailor know what would happen in the next months...

A shot glass was put on the counter and Skyler downed it in a single, brusque movement of her arm. "Shit, this isn't nearly enough..."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 5:33:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh, boy, it was time for the talk.

Cringing, he then watched as bustled away to make their drinks, before he turned to face her again. Oh, that question. Since they were in safe grounds, he figured it would be a good idea to throw shit out the window.

“Well, I want to keep the family out of it as much as possible,” he began as he saw a platter of peanuts placed down in front of him, to munch on while waiting.

“By that I mean the Rangers. Even if it’s gotten us into some hairy situations—” he trailed off as he popped some peanuts into his mouth, “…I don’t care. As long as it keeps the Rangers out of the political shitstorm then I’m fine with it.”

Arceus, he hated talking politics. It would make the alcohol taste bitter.

“They need to get their shit together, that’s what. Always squawking like a bunch of headless chickens. Makes me mad,” he grumbled as he shoved another handful of peanuts into his mouth.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:22:57 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I wasn't even supposed to be there, really. But..." Her voice trailed off, silver eyes growing distant for a couple of seconds before the sailor shook her head. "I'm not even going to try and make sense of it now. I hope they start evacuating soon because-" The image of a smiling burly man and a blonde woman in a wheelchair flashed in her mind's eye, causing a pang of worry to echo in her chest. Furrowed brows preluded a frustrated sigh, after which Skyler heedlessly downed another shot.

Alcohol was the poor man's therapy, wasn't it?

Her gaze settled on , hearing the same kind of worry plain as day in his voice as he mentioned the rangers. Ah, right, he was Head Ranger. Sometimes she found herself forgetting.... Most of the time, really. He was just Lars to her.

She found herself nudging a shot glass over the counter in his direction in response. "From someone who knows shit about politics - that was a mess. I'm really kind of astonished anything gets done in Hoenn." A humourless snort escaped her lips at his comment and her hand snatched another shot from the countertop, raising it in a toast. "To headless chickens and that they may not fuck everything up!"

In the end, Skyler would leave the planning to those best qualified for it despite heavy reservations. The sentence 'they know best' had never quite sat well with Skyler, and now less so. Still, her tequila-addled mind couldn't scrape together an easy solution. She doubted there was one to begin with. 

Alien cannibals. Arceus be damned. 

The rest of the night would see the sailor utterly drunk and unable to make her way home. 

If only she had known...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
we need a drink! [c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 0:56:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: