71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
Bug Buzz
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 22:40:57 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

The streets of Petalburg City were moderately busy at this time of day. A few people milled about, getting to their desired location. For most of these people, they were headed to work, and the roads would be much quieter and emptier in about an hour or so, when most of them were gone. But for now, people walked or biked or jogged or rode their cars or their Pokemon, and there was plenty of life in the small city.

However, one of these people was not headed anywhere at all. Moana Reyes was loitering aimlessly near the streets, watching the people go back and forth. He tried to stick to the more crowded areas, both to avoid notice and out of complete habit. He often caught his hand straying to the pockets of those near him, almost of its own accord. He always noticed just before the act, though.

This didn't mean he stopped. He really wasn't trying to pickpocket, not anymore, but if a few of the people who passed him continued with lighter wallets... well, they were asking for it, walking around like easy targets. He'd stop eventually, he told himself every time.

Sooner rather than later, Moana found himself standing in front of the Petalburg Library. He hesitated before entering. It was a public building, after all, but there would be few opportunities for him to continue--

He stopped the thought before it went any further. He needed to acclimate to the new place he had came to. He strode into the library without pausing again.

Moana had seen a library before, during his time in Alola, and he observed that there were actually very few differences between regions. The library was a little larger than he'd seen before, but not by much. Some people walked around, perusing the books that were available, while others sat down in a spot of their choosing and read quietly. The atmosphere was one of peace.

Moana's eyes, though, were drawn to a section of the library that was different from the rest. There were barriers that blocked off a staircase that led downstairs into what he could only assume was another room of books. Curious, he asked one of the librarians what had happened.

The librarian glanced at him. "Well, some errant bug pokemon decided to make their home in the lower floors. It would be cleared out, but we have yet to find people who are willing to do it, and, well..." she shrugged. "Nobody really goes down there, anyways, so it's not the biggest problem. It would still help if we got rid of them, though."

Moana nodded, and thought. It seemed like an interesting diversion, to be sure, and the Pokemon-- his Pokemon, now, he reminded himself-- would be well suited for dealing with bugs. And, plus, he felt he should start giving more to the community, rather than taking from it. Half oh him derided his own weakness, but he tried to shove it down. Change was inevitable, as he well knew. And if there was anyone who could respond to change, it would be him.

"I'll clear them out," he said, and the librarian who had looked back down at her computer screen looked back up at him in surprise. He kept talking. "I have some Pokemon that would be well suited for the job. If I can possibly find someone else, I think I could help with the bugs."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Bug Buzz
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 17:28:43 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-or]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
M: FOR THE SWARM [-]

[attr=class,lyric1]
THERE'S A HUNGER IN MY HEART

[attr=class,lyric2]
IT'S FULL OF PROMISE, PROMISE

[attr=class,bulk]

"You could've asked the Rangers."[break][break]

Orion speaks up from where he stood behind the two, a couple books tucked under his arm that he'd come to return. Should Moana glance back, they'd notice an individual with dark bags under his eyes and a tired smile.[break][break]

The librarian informs him that they hadn't wanted to bother, what with the Rangers being so busy with evacuation orders and helping shore up the defenses — it's a good point, and one that Orion doesn't argue with. He nods, instead, sets the books down on the counter with his library card on top.[break][break] His name is clearly displayed, Orion Lykos.[break][break]

"Well, I've got a few minutes to spare. If you want to take care of the returns for me, I'm sure the two of us can handle it. If you're sure about helping, that is." He turns his gaze to Moana to address him properly for the first time. "I'm with the Rangers. I could handle it on my own, but it's always better to go in with back-up in case it's Orbeetle or something."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

NO REWARDS FOR ORION, WHO'S DONE THIS BEFORE

[attr=class,punkianger-orcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-or .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a, .punkianger-or .bulk b, .punkianger-or .bulk i, .punkianger-orcredit a"]color: #72b569;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/jvWBvPJ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-orcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-orcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
"Remember, the past need not become our future as well."
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
Bug Buzz
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 19:42:32 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

Moana turned as someone spoke up from behind him. He had sensed the guy there a moment ago, but had figured that he was just a harmless passerby. He sized up the newcomer, and the first thing that occurred to him was tired. He-- Orion, Moana noted, after spotting his library card-- seemed like he had barely gotten a wink of sleep in a week. 

Orion spoke of the Rangers, and Moana understood. As the librarian pointed out, the Rangers were undoubtedly ridiculously busy with all of the trouble going on at the time. Not for the first time since his arrival in Hoenn, Moana wondered if he should have grabbed a ferry to Sinnoh instead. Be that as it may, this man seemed willing to help Moana, and he had to admit that he could probably use the help of an experienced Ranger. Type advantage alone might not be enough to deal with all the bugs that might be down there.

Moana nodded when the Ranger asked if he was sure about helping. "You could say I have nothing better to do, either," he said, as the librarian directed some of the other patrons away from the barriers. He stepped towards the room, expecting Orion to follow. 

As the door opened, the first thing that Moana noticed was that this other room was very similar to one of the main rooms of the library, except that it was smaller and had fewer books. His eyes swept back and forth, across the floors and the ceilings and the bookshelves, looking for any trace of bugs occupying the room. He frowned as nothing showed up, but then there was a flash of green behind one of the bookshelves a few feet away.

Moana turned to Orion. "I think I saw something over there, behind that bookshelf." He spoke quietly, for some reason; the room seemed like the place where someone would whisper.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Bug Buzz
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:03:23 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-or]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
M: FOR THE SWARM [-]

[attr=class,lyric1]
THERE'S A HUNGER IN MY HEART

[attr=class,lyric2]
IT'S FULL OF PROMISE, PROMISE

[attr=class,bulk]

Orion follows, a sort of quiet intensity radiating from the ranger as they descend to a lower floor. He suspects this is where they keep oft-overlooked volumes, based on the sparse material and a thin layer of dust along the shelves. His nose twitches with the desire to sneeze, and he pinches it with his fingers to suppress the reflex.[break][break]

"Yeah, I saw..."[break][break]

Spinarak is his first thought; they're green, fast, and common in the dark corners of unused rooms. If they'd blocked off this part of the library, however, it was bound to be worse than it looked.[break][break]

The soft click of pincers makes his spine tingle. He looks up.[break][break]

An Ariados perches on a nest of webbing above, violet eyes sizing up the intruders to its domain. Its brood of Spinarak dart in and out of view, one dropping low on a thread of silk and forcing Orion to take a few steps back. He remains calm, not reaching for any of his Pokeballs. Orbeetle, with their mind-altering capabilities, had been his biggest fear.[break][break]

"We're not here to hurt you," he says softly, addressing the Ariados. "But this isn't the best place for your little family."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

NO REWARDS FOR ORION, WHO'S DONE THIS BEFORE

[attr=class,punkianger-orcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-or .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a, .punkianger-or .bulk b, .punkianger-or .bulk i, .punkianger-orcredit a"]color: #72b569;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/jvWBvPJ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-or .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-orcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-orcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Moana
He, Him
August 1
Tapu Village, Alola
Bisexual
None currently
Cadet
Single
65 height
65 height
"Remember, the past need not become our future as well."
awards
71 posts
Moana Reyes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sivanandi
Moana Reyes
Bug Buzz
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 13:57:36 GMT
Moana Reyes Avatar

Moana wasn't scared of bugs. Having a bug phobia was practically incompatible with growing up in Alola, so any sort of fear in that regard was quickly extinguished due to exposure. However, Moana couldn't help but admit that what was clearly a huge infestation of insects was a little unnerving. The green flash that he had glimpsed earlier had quickly opened his eyes to more, and his gaze rose to the ceiling.

Moana wasn't scared of bugs. Having a bug phobia, again, was practically incompatible with growing up in Alola. He had seen an Ariados before, and was familiar with their size. But he had to admit, seeing a bug-type the size of a Pidgeotto where you could've sworn there wasn't anything before was startling at best. Trying to calm his now racing heart, he watched as Orion barely missed being smacked in the face by a dangling Spinarak.

Moana wasn't scared of bugs. It was clear that Orion wasn't either, as he addressed the Ariados calmly, not even reaching for his pokeballs. Moana figured that if someone like Orion, with all his experience, thought that stepping back from an Ariados and its brood was smart, he could do the same, despite the common advice he'd received not to show fear to threatening Pokemon. Not taking his eyes off the nest, he stepped backwards, towards the door. He pushed it open carefully, checking with a quick glance to ensure that the area just outside the nest was clear of people.

The Ariados had still not responded to Orion's statement, so Moana figured it was all right to say, "There's nobody in the way, Orion." The first name came to him quickly, not even bothering to address him as Mr. or anything else befitting his increased age. "If they're willing to leave, they can do so whenever. Are you?" He directed the last part towards the Ariados, hoping it'd understand and agree.