She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Unaided
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 16:31:09 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Ethel surveyed the farm that she had visited.

She had mixed feelings about farms. On one hand, she had spent the greater portion of her life hating farms, and hating what they had stood for. They were unethical, she had thought, and those who penned up Pokemon and used them to harvest and sell products from them were inconsiderate brutes.

She still felt a twinge of anger when she laid eyes on farms. After all, long held biases did not evaporate so easily. But now that she had seen more with her own eyes, and away from the insidious words of her father and his organization, she realized that though there might be some cruelty on these farms, those were far from the majority. For instance, this farm that she had visited was nothing but kind to its Pokemon. They were given all that they needed, and most of them seemed happy with their lives. The ones that didn't were released into the wild as soon as the issue came up.

Of course, there was room for improvement. Ethel had agreed to helping this farm, but only if they would make efforts to fix certain things, such as the diet of the Ducklett. It was a popular misconception that Ducklett should be fed bread, but still a misconception.

Helping in this way made Ethel feel warm inside. There was an impact she could make, even if it was far from the impact she'd imagined making previously. She smiled as she waited for her partner in this mission to arrive.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Unaided
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2020 11:33:45 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

his round had been made. there were no sign of poachers nor predators. for now the former elite and his dragonite would come to return where, surprisingly, a blonde woman would be. as dragonite landed before the blonde, mateo would come to hop off of the dragon's back. a simple risen hand greeted her.

"yo."

steel-faced in his expression, the dragon master pondered on her purpose for being here. he could only assume the woman he was chosen to replace was her partner, thus she was now his. "@etherl, i'm guessin'." the ex-league member called. mateo had been given the necessary info that was needed from his xtransceiver. "i was already told who i'd be meetin', and i guess that's you blondie." assuming she was new to the league, or hoenn, he'd probably have to let her known as to exactly who he was.

"mateo, i'll be chaperoning you for this assignment." though he had other things he could be doing right now, but every now and then, had he been nearby, he could offer his services to the league temporarily. in all honesty he needed to get back to the village. for now his problems weren't urgent, so he would use this as a bit of downtime, "so you work for the league or somethin'?"
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Unaided
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 15:46:07 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Ethel was interrupted from her thoughts by the arrival of someone... what? This wasn't who she was told would be her partner, that was for sure. She didn't really know who her assigned partner would have been, but she could've sworn it wasn't this guy.

She dismissed her concerns. After all, any help was help, and she had more important things to do than worry about whether this was Savannah Huckabee or not. She nodded in response to the newcomer's greeting.

"It's Ethel, yes. Ethel Irving." She had gone by a false name for a while after coming to Hoenn, but she had slipped up so much that she figured it didn't really matter much if she used her real name. Few enough people recognized the name, anyways.

Ethel's lip quirked at the man's casual manner. "Chaperoning? You can't be much older than me, if you are at all." She lifted an eyebrow. She nodded again at the next question. "Yeah, you could say that. I've recently moved to Hoenn, and I've been helping out the League in my free time." Ethel shrugged modestly. "It's good work. I like helping people, and there's always someone who could use my assistance."

Ethel squinted as she started to put the pieces together. She may have been new to Hoenn, but she had heard a little bit of gossip, and she was pretty sure this guy was some sort of famous person. "Mateo, you said? I feel like I've seen your face somewhere. Sorry if I'm offending somehow, but I am kind of new to Hoenn, and I'm not too familiar with the people here."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Unaided
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2020 21:32:34 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
a brow had risen. he wondered as to what the hell did age have to do with anything? after all, hoenn did have a council made up of twenty-something year old's who looked like they were in their late thirties. either way, he had the necessary experience and was the perfect candidate to accommodate the newcomer.

"don't stress it, i'm nobody important." he wasn't a big buzz compared to the champion of hoenn or the well-renowned elite four member kyle. that life was put to the side. so mateo didn't expect a newcomer to know much of him. he wasn't sure if his mastery over dragon pokemon had been known, but it was very well-known in johto. "either way, i'm just a guy cruisin' about in his spare time. so we may see more of each other, we may not. whatever the case may be, don't hesitate to look at me as a big bro!"

a forceful beaming grin was worn. his fist extended toward the woman. reeling his said back in, he'd ask, "what brings you to hoenn, if you don't mind me askin'? considerin' what's been goin' on here, you think tourist would stop coming for awhile." he was curious about her reasoning for coming to hoenn. it wasn't everyday one runs into a new resident.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Unaided
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2020 1:25:45 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Nobody important, huh?

"Hm," Ethel replied noncommittally. "I'm sure. For now, big bro Mateo it is," she said, playing along. Even though she was... well, rather reasonably sure that this guy couldn't be much older than she was, if at all. 

But whatever. That wasn't important. It wasn't necessarily fair for her to prod so much, either, considering her own cause for being in the region in the first place.

Speaking of which, that was where the conversation immediately went, and... he was right. Hoenn didn't really seem like the place that so many people would decide to come to for a relaxing sunbathing session, especially right now.

"Well, when I came here, I didn't know too much about the local situation. I was more looking to flee something that had happened in Unova." She met Mateo's eyes. "Which, if you don't mind, I'd like to avoid the topic of. Let's just say that I made some mistakes when I was younger, even if they weren't really my fault." She broke eye contact. "And you'd think that someone looking to flee trouble wouldn't want to stay in such a troubled place as Hoenn, but... well, it makes me feel better to help people and Pokemon here, and do what I can to help."

She shook her head. "Sorry for getting all depressed on you. It's a lot sometimes." She took a deep breath. "Well, anyways, I assume you know what we're doing here?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Unaided
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2020 1:43:04 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
what a peculiar woman, and with a troubled past.

mateo understood the desire of not wishing to be bombarded with constant questioning. whatever she had been going through, running from, or regretted, he was in no place to judge. it wasn't his thing. though, he did have something to say. as for now he would hold it for the time being and barred himself from saying it.

"yeah, we're here to help out the farm," he replied, "and luckily enough we've already done our round. no predators have been discovered. so the wooloo's are free to roam about." dragonite would casually nod with great confidence. "though, just in case," mateo would raise his hand, "try surveying the area on your own. you know what to do if there're any issues." dragonite was capable of handling a task on his own.

hands would casually find themselves behind the back of his head. mateo would stretch right after, "anyway, the hard parts covered." he'd turn his back on briefly. "this goes without saying, but..." he'd pause as a wooloo would come to find itself eating grass beneath him. mateo would crouch to pet its head. "...you don't have talk about your past if you don't want do. you don't owe anyone an explanation." she was allowed to her privacy.

"and, if you don't mind me giving my opinion, try not to let the past define your future, you know?" mateo was slowly learning this lesson himself. he didn't want the past to hold him from the present, "you deserve happiness and a chance at life, and even forgiveness." he'd come to stand and return his gaze back onto her, "though, forgiveness starts with yourself. try forgiving yourself a little."