awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 23:14:45 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Working isn't something Birdie's super excited about doing but when you've got to you've got to. Leaving with limited cash and only, like, two day's worth of food (if you could call mostly nutrient-poor dollar store snacks "food") made doing an odd job here and there really damn important actually. Especially when that job came with a paycheck plus a bonus in the form of some very nutrient-rich berries.

Nutrient-rich berries that Drifter seems intent on pilfering ahead of schedule.

"Dude, would you just, dude," she tries to get his attention as he gently grabs an oran berry between the halves of his beak. He looks at her on the first "dude", bites down, and then is dodging her gently waving foot on the second, "Put it down! You're gonna get us in trouble!"

She hisses the command at him but he's not listening. Instead he flies a foot out of range and starts going to work himself, tearing the berry apart and eating it one juicy bite at a time. She can feel her face going red as he does it, but there's nothing she can do. The basket she's gathering berries in has her hands full and she can't properly grip a pokeball with these gloves on.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f8a8c2[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 23:58:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
As usual, it is unbearably warm out. Sweat glistens on her brow and she wipes damp hair from her temple with a sigh. However, it appears that she is quite dutiful in her task- she has a well-organized array of berries off to the side. On occasion she clicks her tongue to remind the inquisitive Furret that they are not for sampling, and she would absolutely purchase her something sweet as a reward later. But only for excellent behaviour.[break][break]

However, it seems that someone else in the berry field is experiencing a bottomless pit of a Pokemon. Avery glances over her shoulder abruptly, eyes wide as she gazes upon another young woman and her Murkrow. She refers to the bird as dude which prompts a giggle from her lips. She sets aside her basket and glances at her Lucario who huffs and assumes her position, gathering the berries to sort them. However, it becomes abundantly apparent that he is colour-blind, so his process is much slower than hers.[break][break]

"Did you need help?"[break][break]

From her pocket she fishes out a handful of bird-seed, probably home-grown from her own garden at home because she's just that prepared. She gestures to the Murkrow with a smile, opening her palm to reveal the delicious treat.[break][break]

"May I? My Delibird just loves this mixture."[break][break]

[break]

notes: berry patch kids mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #FEB3A6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #FEB3A6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/0tSJfw1/avery-post1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
everybody loves a winner, so nobody loves me
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 0:15:29 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Drifter is shameless in his flagrant disregard for both general rules and his master's orders. As she tries to stammer out something he'll listen to he just keeps going. The oran berry slowly vanishes, and once it's gone he begins to hop up towards the specific tree Birdie is working on. His eyes carefully watch her right foot, which already hovers in the air ready to shoo him back.

"Try me you brat," she challenges through her teeth, no longer bothering to make orders, "I've been nice so far but don't think I won't pu--"

The other girl walks up as she's delivering her threat. Birdie doesn't immediately notice her, but the moment she does her foot lowers and she does her best impression of someone who totally has control of their Pokemon and definitely knows what they're doing. She turns her eyes to her before replying.

"Ah, no, I mean, he's just being difficult today I'm sure he'll --" again she's cut off, but this time by the distinct sound of a stem breaking. Her eyes snap down to see Drifter looking up at her with another oran in his beak. She swears to god he's smirking at her. As he hops away Birdie visibly deflates before looking at the new arrival with a pleading look.

"I mean, if you think it'll help . . ." she murmurs in a defeated voice. For his part Drifter seems satisfied with his second stolen berry and barely glances in the direction of the woman speaking to his trainer, dropping it in preparation of his second snack.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 22:54:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"I've known young Murkrow to be quite bratty and self-sufficient -- up until they realize you aren't in their immediate vicinity. Proud, pompous creatures they are, but easy to read."[break][break]

She had raised several in the past. Her garden had been under siege for some time before she figured out how their brains worked, their thought process. Her poor Cacneas and Sunflora's had had quite the time up until then. Fortunately, once you learned that they were self-conscious beasts who required constant attention in order to thrive - and would lash out in order to put the spotlight back on them, it was easy.[break][break]

"You're a very handsome bird, aren't you, boy? Are you hungry, would you like to try what I have? It's far superior to that berry you've got, I promise."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/0tSJfw1/avery-post1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2020 21:34:46 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Bratty. Proud. Pompous. Yeah, Birdie can easily see all those words applying to Drifter. He's a little shit with a napoleon complex. She's got scars on her hands from times she got to a garbage bag before he could ransack it.

She thinks of those scars as the other girl offers Drifter feed from her palm. What if he hurts her? That'd be so embarrassing! Birdie is half prepared to tell her she's changed her mind when her Murkrow leaves his stolen berry on the ground to slowly, cautiously approach this new offering.

"Uh, Drifter, be nice!" she demands in a voice thin with worry. His gaze swivels to her for barely a moment before he takes the last hop to reach the girl's hand. He seems positively chuffed at the compliments she offers to reassure him -- giving a light trill sound much more pleasant than any others Birdie has heard him make.

With a surprising amount of care he pecks at the feed. Birdie watches him stare at her from the corner of his eyes, as if to say 'See? I can be nice when I want to'.

"Hmm," she grunts under her breath and does her best not to glare at him in response. Instead she forces herself to look at the girl so masterfully handling him. It's hard to look away once she does.

"Well, uh, thank you very much," She says, looking her in the eyes before thinking better of it and picking a cheek to stare at instead, "For the info and the feed, or whatever."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2020 0:30:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 19:07:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery's eyes soften as he approaches her, and she positively croons at the delicate way he plucks at the snack in her open palm. It even tickles a bit as his beak gently pinches and pokes at skin.[break][break]

"Don't worry! I've got tough skin and I can tell that deep down he's a sweetie. A troublemaker, but a sweetie."[break][break]

The woman glances up from the bird to glance at the woman he belongs to. Offering the woman a warm smile, she tilts her head and closes her eyes, breathing a soft laugh.[break][break]

"No need to thank me, it was my pleasure! I love Pokemon and they seem to like me well enough right back. I don't mind offering some assistance wherever I can."[break][break]

That, and she seemed to have the added ability of a subtle sweet scent coming off her very skin like some sort of natural perfume. Avery chuckles and looks back over her other shoulder to watch as Lucario has returned with a basket full of berries. Inside of the basket, however, it seems that there is something moving. Avery clucks her tongue.[break][break]

"Now, now, don't make a liar out of me, Furret. Go on, get out of there you goober."[break][break]

The bright pink and white Pokemon freezes, caught in the act. Lucario reaches into the basket to pull her out, stringing the Pokemon around his neck and huffing.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 19:24:40 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Drifter seems more than happy to soak up the praise. It's weird for Birdie to look at, to see him almost peppy in the face of the other girl's comments. He plucks up a bit more of the feed before cawing loudly in appreciation.

"Yeah, you really seem to know your stuff," Birdie says, finding it hard to avoid fidgeting in place. There's an awkwardness that hit her a few moments ago that she can't seem to shake. Embarrassment maybe? She doesn't know and hopes maybe not standing around like a doofus might help.

She lowers herself to the ground next to the knowledgeable stranger, squatting beside her and in front of Drifter. Instantly the faint scent of flowers hits her. It catches Birdie a little off guard. She'd been assuming the smell was the flowering berries up until just now. That awkward feeling grows a little bit when she realizes it was coming from this girl.

Before she can get too into analyzing the feeling, though, the girl's pokemon arrive. Their interaction is sweet and she can't help looking at Drifter in the moment following it. He clicks his beak and narrows his eyes a bit at her scrutiny. Birdie narrows hers in reply before turning her attention back to the other girl.

"Uh, anyway, um," god what is with her today, "I'm Birdie, by the way."

She extends one of her hands (previously tucked between her knees) as she speaks -- after wiping it a half dozen times on her pantleg.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 19:37:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery laughs out loud at the bird's proud squawk, enabling him to boast his confidence. She's practically bathing in it, and the Pokemon around her are inevitably affected by her good mood and able to relax thanks to her sweet scent. She truly does have a calming effect on those around her. And she is so absorbed in what she's doing that Birdie's awkwardness goes right over her head.[break][break]

But when the girl comes to crouch next to her, Avery offers the woman another magnetic smile.[break][break]

"I run a daycare, Pokemon are second nature for me."[break][break]

Her attention is promptly distracted by Lucario looming over them and the way the Pokemon's eyes dwell on the stranger and her Murkrow. The silent broody type, apparently. Avery shakes her head before Birdie brings her back around. Her eyes widen dramatically and her cheeks flush with embarrassment as Birdie is the first to introduce herself.[break][break]

"O-oh my goodness, I can't believe I didn't introduce myself. How rude of me-- my name is Avery! It's nice to meet you Birdie-- I really like that name."[break][break]

And she awkwardly lunges for the girls hand with her own, and, as it turns out, it's Avery's hand that is sweaty on contact.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 19:51:00 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Avery's blushing has Birdie blushing too in short order, and while it may have been Avery's hand that was sweaty on contact it's undoubtedly both of their hands that are sweating as Birdie turns the momentary handhold into a handshake.

"Uh, no, don't sweat it! I didn't, like, give you a lot of chance to, right?" Birdie replies, once again finding herself looking the girl in the eyes before quickly picking a different spot of the face to stare at (the eyebrows this time), "Avery is a really, pretty, name too."

She fumbles her compliment to the other girl's name a little, but means it genuinely. Already she's repeating it in her head over and over, connecting it to the smell of flowers; and this sweaty handshake that should probably stop about now, but has faded into the background for Birdie.

"And running a daycare, that's really cool!" she goes on, "That makes a lot of sense, I can totally see it."

While Birdie falls all over herself, Drifter moves from in front of the girls to in front of Avery's pokemon. His attention wanders as the spotlight leaves him -- the staring Lucario hasn't go unnoticed and the Murkrow wants it to know. He fluffs his feathers a little bit and snaps his beak a couple times as he approaches.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 20:00:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery awkwardly returns the handshake that inevitably lasts too long -- but she doesn't notice because she is too focused on not embarrassing herself elsewhere. But she can't help but laugh at the phrase 'don't sweat it' because she is, in fact, sweating it. Profusely.[break][break]

It's a good thing she doesn't smell bad, right?[break][break]

"Oh! Thank you, thank you, that's really sweet. I think I was named after my great grandmother. Never actually met her though, unfortunately."[break][break]

Was that a weird thing to say? She wasn't even entirely sure it was true. Just a random tidbit of information that cropped up out of nowhere that she couldn't stop herself from spitting out. Are they still shaking hands?[break][break]

Lucario blinks slowly, only just noticing the bird at his feet clapping its beak and trying to get his attention. He shifts his weight from one foot to the other and stares at it, bored. [break][break]

"Yeah! It's in Lilycove. Ahh.. maybe you can come visit it sometime!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 20:10:20 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"That sucks. I mean, the not meeting your great grandmother bit, not, like, being named after her," Birdie isn't sure how much sympathy that actually deserves (she never met her great grandmother either, how many people do?) but probably some right?

"Birdie isn't actually my name name, my name's Bernice, but nobody calls me that," she matches Avery here, speaking and regretting speaking at the same time as she stumbles into oversharing territory, "Birdie's like, a nickname, but also kind of like an insult? But I turned it into a nickname so it's all good."

Oh man her hand is really sweating now.

"Lilycove? That's a coastal city, right? Totally! I'll totally come visit some time," it's around the end of this sentence that she feels her hand slip just right in Avery's grip to realize they are still shaking hands and that her hand is kind of a mess. Losing perhaps the last bit of composure she could claim to have here, Birdie quickly yanks her hand out of the other girl's -- a very easy process given the ample lubrication they've both provided.

"Oh man, my bad, I'm so gross!" she practically whines before smothering her hand in her shirt. Noticing how sweaty her hand is gets her face going, too.

Drifter is unbothered by these shenanigans, instead zeroing in on the Lucario that refuses to take his bait. He scratches at the ground with his talons before flapping his wings a bit and jutting his head forward. Little, agitated caws slip out between beak clicks.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 16:40:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery smiles, clearly unbothered by the slight confusion - or at the very least, she's oblivious to it. She accepts the kindness regardless, overlooking all else. But her eyes widen a bit as Birdie mentions her real name. [break][break]

"Oh, is that so? An insult? I can call you Bernice if that's what you'd prefer! I really would hate to use a name that causes you distress, please!"[break][break]
Now she's self-conscious, paranoid that she's insulting the woman. But was she now insulting her by wanting to use her real name instead of the nickname she had adopted? Oh dear, oh dear.[break][break]

They're still shaking hands and Avery is awkwardly holding on for fear it's too soon to let go -- but now it's almost too late. How awkward this had all become, she was so messy.[break][break]

Birdie pulls her hand away and Avery laughs loudly, a nervous, awkward tick. She shakes her head in response.[break][break]

"You're not gross! Not at all. Hand sweating is totally normal, it is a-okay. I'm sweating too."[break][break]

Lucario remains indifferent and statuesque in front of the Murkrow that is trying so hard to gather his attention. The dual-type is content to let the fluffy Furret use him as a stand, and listen to his trainer babble on about nothing. [break][break]

"You'll visit? That's great! If you've never been, maybe I can take you out for something sweet, or something. There are so many amazing bakeries near the daycare. I'm spoiled!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 20:11:24 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Uh, no, like . . . Birdie's fine! I like Birdie now!" she practically shouts, voice stuck in its pitched up place out of embarrassment, "Sorry, uh, Bernice is, uh, it's complicated."

Birdie fidgets in place while speaking. It's impossible not to. She squirms in her squatted position, her sweaty hand wrapped up in her shirt while her other runs over it in a sloppy attempt to dry it. Oh boy this sucks!

"Yeah, I guess, maybe I overreacted. It's just, uh, like, I don't want you thinking I'm some sweaty loser or whatever haha," almost immediately she pushes into her next sentence, "That's not to say that you, like, are one for sweating I, uh, aw man."

It's lucky for Birdie that the other girl knows how to push a conversation forward. It's also lucky for her, for once, that Drifter is such a little shit. The two graces come together in a beautiful way.

"Ah, something sweet sounds great! I'll definitely take you up on -- Drifter!" she goes from calming down to absolutely squealing again at the sight of her Murkrow. Now completely fed up with being ignored he's moved from posturing to genuinely starting to peck and take swipes with his talons at the Lucario. That's not cool! That's so not cool! Birdie abandons their conversation to quickly scoop him up in her arms.

Immediately he gives her a few more scratches on her arms for the effort.

"Sorry! Uh! I think this dude needs a break!" she shouts over his fussing -- a mess of caws and flapping wings and beak clicks. She starts backing back towards their basket of berries with a weird half-bow.

"Um! I think I should probably just turn in my berries and head out! But I definitely want to go to that bakery!" the urgency of handling Drifter gives her enough adrenaline to speak clearly as she starts to make her exit. He makes sure she doesn't run out by planting his beak in her throat.

"Guhk!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
nine to five [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 22:26:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery blinks, quite surprised by the passion behind her words, before immediately dissolving into relaxed giggling. The woman tilts her head to the side, letting her pink hair slip over her shoulder as she smiles at the woman before her. [break][break]

"Birdie it is then!"[break][break]

But her eyes widen in surprise at Birdie's explanation of sweaty loser and how Avery wasn't one just because she, too, was sweating. Or something like that. It brings an expression of owlish confusion across Avery's face before she just laughs again. Laughing was easier than trying to figure out what it was Birdie was trying to say, and an appropriate reaction in general to how bumbling they both were around each other.[break][break]

"That's great! I look forward to seeing you at the daycare then. We can indulge in far too many sweet things to our hearts content!"[break][break]

Avery rises to her feet, however, as Birdie leaps to grab hold of her Murkrow. The woman glances over her shoulder in surprise as the bird begins to pester and harass her Lucario. The dual-type merely steps away from the cross little bird, passing a glance to Avery. [break][break]

And the woman is even more bewildered by the commotion between Birdie and her bird as the woman begins to wrestle the Murkrow into her arms. Now covered in more scratches, it seems that she is eager to part ways in order to separate her Pokemon from whatever situation had just sprouted. She shakes her head, lifting her hand awkwardly to bid the woman a sheepish farewell.[break][break]

"O-okay! It was nice meeting you, Birdie! Please take care!"[break][break]

Lucario moves to fetch their own basket of berries but gives Birdie ample time to hand in hers before they followed behind.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]