Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
this is a pirate's gun [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 19:35:02 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Having been wandering around the forest that surrounded the Safari Zone, but was not "IN" the Safari Zone Rufio would find himself just travelling from one place to another. Each new city offered him a new opportunity to improve his Pokemon team and their respective strength.

However this day it would seem the ginger wasn't to be blessed with an easy adventure as it would seem a blazing forest fire had started seemingly out of nowhere. Taken back as the fire seemed to appear instantly and nearby himself Rufio would leap backward before instinctively calling out his strongest Water-Type, Croconaw.

Lockjaw use Hydro Pump, make a trench quick!

Snapping it's jaws Lockjaw would then fire off a mighty Hydro Pump, tracing a line back and forth ahead of them to at least block off a portion of the fire if only momentarily.

What the Hell is going on...

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 20:42:40 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

the fire starts so close to the safari zone, it could easily endanger the fauna inside. artificially placed and with only a few weeks to familiarize themselves with the area, the pokémon in the safari would have no escape route to follow. vera has no doubt that things would get really messy, if not handled promptly. she'll have to step in while reinforcements arrive.

[break][break]

two pokéballs, two clicks. an alolan graveler and a stunfisk appear right next to the croconaw and his trainer. "pudding, truffle, split to cover more ground!"

[break][break]

the stunfisk slides on the already dampened earth (thanks, croconaw), turning everywhere she goes into

muddy water

. perhaps not as clean a job as a water pump, but it would have to do for their immediate purposes. meanwhile, the alolan graveler flattens the less humid ground with

rollout

[break][break]

"the fire's so strong already. where did it even come from?" she muses aloud. with her pokémon on the job, vera finally affords a glance at the boy whose side she's unconsciously run to. "hey, are you okay?"

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; } .hashtext .vdice-box { box-shadow: none; border: 3px [var="heart"] solid; width: 40px; height: 40px; } .hashtext .vdice-box .vdice-value { font: 24px 'slabo 27px'; line-height: 20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon stunfisk"]
[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon graveler-alola"]
mission guidelines
close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 21:19:56 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Pudding...Truffle...

What the.....

It was all Rufio could muster at the notification of another in the area, a girl and her Pokemon. Making it visually clear that he was taken back more so by the girl's arrival than the forest fire the ginger would nonetheless, and swiftly, turn to a visage of an uncaring brat.

Of course I'm okay, don't you see me and Lockjaw doing just fine here?

Your help wasn't needed, nor asked for.

Pffffftt.

Sighing before sliding a hand through his hair Rufio would then return his gaze to the raging fire at hand that continued to flail about as they pair attempted to corral it.

Lockjaw let's get around it and try to trap it, choke it, and snuff it out.

And with that the duo would begin to jog West and turn a corner, all the while the Croconaw would continue to spew out a Hydro Pump along the way.

Though he didn't want the girls help perhaps she could prove useful and follow his lead and handle the other direction and they could meet in the middle.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 22:03:55 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

at the boy's question, her gaze is inevitably redirected towards the fire. "hmm," she hums pensively, before returning her attention to his words. like two magnets of the same polarity, they never come together. the moment coincides with his decision to walk away. before she knows it, he's guiding his croconaw around one side of the fire.

[break][break]

"let's go the other way, guys," she calls her own pokémon to attention. as rude as the boy had been, his strategy was sound: trap the fire so that it can't keep expanding.

[break][break]

the stunfisk goes first, creating the baseline for their eventual fire line. behind her, the graveler puts some distance between the line they're creating and the many, many trees around it with partitioned

rock blasts

. this way, the fire would have no more fuel to grow even when left alone.

[break][break]

flammable material remains separate from the circle of elevated rock. the small group continues. at some point, vera's eyes land on the same bundle of ginger hair that she's met before. "hey," she greets again. the smile on her lips betrays her first impression of him. or maybe it is due to said impression, in a sense, that her smile is cheerful.

[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; } .hashtext .vdice-box { box-shadow: none; border: 3px [var="heart"] solid; width: 40px; height: 40px; } .hashtext .vdice-box .vdice-value { font: 24px 'slabo 27px'; line-height: 20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon stunfisk"]
[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon graveler-alola"]
mission guidelines
close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 22:15:56 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

Creating a trench along with soaking trees while knocking them down into the fire the pair would continue jogging along until they finally met the girl again, apparently she wasn't just some annoying girl...She proved useful indeed though Rufio wasn't sure about acknowledging the fact.

Still though....

Uh...hi....The fire should just choke itself out now...But, I don't know of any wild Fire-Types in the area, I know the Safari Zone sometimes brings them in, but that's inside the place, not out here.....Maybe one got away? I mean it's possible, but....Maybe somebody, not a Pokemon, started it?

You think some punk might have something against the Safari?

Scratching the side of his head Rufio would keep the girl's gaze while Lockjaw the Croconaw chomp the air lightly/slowly as it eyed the girl's fish-like Pokemon as if it were a soon-to-be snack.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 22:51:52 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

vera nods appreciatively when she's included in his brainstorming. maybe her persistence had gotten through to him. "i'm just back from the safari, actually, and there's no fire types in the rotation this time." in her distraction, vera's hand taps one of the pokéballs under her cardigan. "the castforms, maybe, but it's not that sunny at the moment."

[break][break]

that really does leave only the explanation of an intentionally created fire left.

[break][break]

"if it was indeed a person, they must be somewhere nearby. a fire this big would have been impossible to start and leave so suddenly. but where?" even if the source of the fire had been human, vera has no way of pinpointing the exact direction they'd gone off to. a beat passes before her eyes widen in realization. only a small exclamation is missing from her reaction.

[break][break]

both stunfisk and alolan graveler are recalled into their pokéballs, their trainer oblivious to the croconaw's hungry stare (sorry, croconaw). a considerably bigger magnezone then takes their place. with its

magnet pull

ability, pretzel would be able to find any tools the arsonist may have used.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon magnezone"]
mission guidelines
close tab

played by

Rework

Rufian
He/Him/His
April 22nd
Heterosexual
Leaguer
23 height
23 height
awards
42 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rufio
Rufio McGillis
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2020 11:48:36 GMT
Rufio McGillis Avatar

I just find it hard to believe someone would even try something like that around here, I mean aren't there supposed to be Rangers around here?

Heh, chumps...

Rolling his eyes before recalling his own Pokemon Rufio would then watch on as the girl proceeded to summon forth a Magnezone whom would begin to...do whatever it was doing. In the meantime Rufio would offer his name, not that he was interested in making friends really.

Names' Rufio by the way.

Think the fire might've been a distraction? Or was there no purpose? Maybe some hooligan who is jealous they can't afford a Safari Zone ticket, ehh?

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2020 23:28:31 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

"multiple of them, in fact," vera adds with one ear trained on the magnezone and the other carrying the conversation. "they'll probably be joining us here soon." the situation really is weird, but she has no other possible explanation to offer. vera is no detective; she's never been able to figure out the culprit in mystery films before they're revealed.

[break][break]

she just hopes pretzel can find something to plate the solution.

[break][break]

rufio's suggestions are as plausible as anything else they'd hypothetized thus far. vera doesn't have the answer, so she leaves the possibility open with a "maybe. i'm not sure." and, luckily for her, her magnezone emits a beep just in time for her to not have to come up with any other explanation.

[break][break]

vera can hear herself deflate when they finally get a glance at what the magnezone's found. "huh? it's an empty pokéball." a moment passes before she points out, "not a safari ball, though?" how odd.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon magnezone"]
mission guidelines