oran berry pie [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 22:51:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As much as she is worried about offending him, he's worried about the same. Though either of them don't know it, they're almost too much alike. Except Ben could fight to save his life, he'd much rather defend someone or some people. He'd feel terrible if he hurt another person, even in defense. "Is it all bad?" he can't help but blurt it slowly out, raising a brow.

Surely she has friends and family. People who weather the storm with her. Who come out stronger and more determined to battle for Hoenn. Even if Avery doesn't fight herself, she could support the people she cared about. Then, she too, would grow stronger by her experiences. He chuckles softly, looking back at her. "That just makes m' worry more" he says honestly.

It isn't unkindly though. Just a matter of fact. She doesn't fight - and he respects that. He wishes he could be so steadfast. But people can and will take advantage of her morals. Surely she had to realize that. "Would ye ever want to learn defensive moves?" he speaks thoughtfully "nothin' to harm others. More... more like yer defending yourself, deflecting damage... t' likes."

He isn't pushing it on her though. Ben is naturally curious to see if she's had some defensive training. He wants to know more about the people of Hoenn. Their fights, their battles. But it's just as important to go back to normal. A woman living alone could be taught these things. It wasn't out of place in their time, and it was normal.

Or maybe he just wants to know more about Avery.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 4:03:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"No, no! Of course it isn't. I just meant--"[break][break]

But she falls short of finishing her thought, too embarrassed by her open admission of complaint. It had made her sound ungrateful or selfish, which was absolutely not the intent behind her statement. She was merely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of fear that had been plaguing the region for so long.[break][break]

She did have her family, sort of. Whenever she was able to, she would travel back to Fortree in order to visit her grandparents. On the most important holidays she sometimes had a chance to see her parents when they weren't overly busy. [break][break]

"W-what? Why? I don't want you to worry, please. I'm more than okay, I promise."[break][break]

She had never considered the concept of people taking advantage of her for malicious reasons. Like the woman that had helped her with Collin's Daycare, who had helped her invest money in order to open new businesses in surrounding cities. She had agreed, and had absolutely no idea of the trouble it may cause her one day down the road.[break][break]

Avery appears queasy, however, when Benedict asks about learning defensive moves. Her mind immediately jumps to her humiliation at that young man's dojo. He had insisted she join him for a free introductory session and she hadn't even been able to participate in his first lesson. [break][break]

'Yell and scream to defend yourself' had been, essentially, his instruction. And yet she had run away from him because she couldn't handle it. [break][break]

"N-no, I could never hurt anyone, Ben. I wouldn't."[break][break]

It was fortunate she had such strong Pokemon at her side that likely would react defensively in order to protect her. They had never needed to, but there wasn't a doubt in anyone's mind outside of her own that they would defend her.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 4:56:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She wasn't ungrateful. Nor insulting.

"No... No I mean..." he trails off, his cheeks tinting pink despite their slight tan. He didn't finish his thought. Was it bad to have met me? Ben thinks suddenly, surprised at himself. She'd met him before the war, not during. It was probably his own insecurities acting up. He knew she didn't feel that way, but he couldn't help it.

Avery insists she would never harm anyone, even to defend herself. He gives a nod, gladdened her resolve is better than many others. Some broke their codes too easily. They let their emotions overwhelm them. And though it worries him she could get into trouble, he comes to the conclusion he would try to be there for her before that ever happened.

"Ah. W-Well" he lifts a finger to scratch at his cheek "there goes m' plans fer our next outin'..." He is, of course, joking. There is a sparkle in his eye, a slight grin on his features. It vanishes as he looks down at the shepherd's pie. Half eaten meant he had another half to go before he had to leave Avery's humble abode.

Talonflame is still somewhere in the daycare. Ben almost forgets about the falcon. "Unless yer tired of me" he looks up, judging her reaction. This time he's not joking. He's not teasing. He genuinely wants to know if he's being a bother and if she wants time apart from her new friend.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 5:13:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Oh no, now he was stumbling over his words, misinterpreting her meaning. Avery feels nauseous, allowing her thoughts to get the better of her until she starts to self-destruct. His expression falters from the calm, relaxed friendliness he had offered her originally. She sees now the panic and the worry. Once again her thoughts trace back to his half-eaten pie, concerned that she had disappointed him that way.[break][break]

But instead of attempting to speak, Avery sits in awkward silence as he scratches his cheek and makes a funny, out of place comment about 'their next outing'. It makes her blink in surprise and consider what he means. Had they made plans? Was she now forgetting all about something he had asked her to do? [break][break]

Avery gasps, however, as Ben meets her gaze and flatlines his last comment. The woman shakes her head, face reddening in panic and dismay. [break][break]

"Benedict-- of course not. Have I made you think that way? Did I say something wrong? I'm not tired of you, I could never be tired of you, I swear it. You are such a kind person, I value our friendship."[break][break]

She sets her fork down, appetite lost as a result of her overwhelming overthinking.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 5:24:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She's so distraught, guilt eats away at his insides. He looks briefly horrified, shocked at himself. To allow such depressing thoughts to slip from his lips and make her upset... "N-No" Ben says now, lifting a hand to wave - but not dismissively. "it's... it's cause I value yer friendship that this is hard." He tries to say it as clearly as possible, clearing his throat as if it'd rid himself of his accent.

He looks at his hands briefly before trying to meet her eyes. "I-I just worry. What ye think o' me" he says slowly "cause... yer a good lass. Nice. Friendly. P-Pretty" he stumbles, having realized he'd never actually called a woman 'pretty' before. Ben wants to bury his face into his scarred hands at this moment. "m' doing this wrong." he utters more to himself than her.

"I, erm, just wonder if ye... would consider... givin' me a chance" he begins again "I...I don't know many people in Hoenn. Outside o' work I'm sure yer my only friend. An' I don't want to ruin our friendship. So if ye say 'no', I get it" he adds this quickly, face red "if ye... want t' grab a cup of coffee. Or somethin'..." How did people ask other people on a date? Hell if he knew.

He was botching this. He knew he was. And oblivious Ben, unaware of Avery's feelings, had no clue she may feel the same.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 5:46:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
He stops her and she hesitates, taking a slight breath to try and dampen her worries. Avery can't help but feel unnerved or unsettled by the wave of his hand, uncertain if he was dismissing her or trying to slow her down, or trying to slow himself down. So she opts to say nothing at all, and to let what he had to say unfold.[break][break]

And the more he speaks the more confused she becomes, grasping at proverbial straws as she works to put together what it is he's meaning. Of course, his accent, especially now that he's upset and overwhelmed, is much harder to interpret, which doesn't help. To hear that he valued her friendship, however, was an immense relief. But he's looking at his hands and she's looking at him look at his hands and it feels like she should be looking at her hands, too.[break][break]

Perhaps if the table wasn't so long and she wasn't so short and shy, she would have reached out to grab them and to stop his worrying. [break][break]

Wait-- what? A good lass, nice, friendly? Pretty?[break][break]

It makes her nearly choke, the breath getting caught in her throat as she stares at him, wide-eyed. He begins to mutter and she doesn't catch what he says at all because she's too focused on what he'd said before. Her heart is hammering and her cheeks are too warm and her nausea has disappeared in place of something warm.[break][break]

What does he mean: give him a chance. Avery is dumbfounded and oblivious. Where on one hand she suspects the true meaning behind his ask, the other part of her waves it away as improbable and farfetch'd. She's overthinking it, misinterpreting it. There's no way--[break][break]

"Say no to coffee? With you? Why would I ever do that? I would love to grab a cup of coffee with you, o-or something."[break][break]

Of course, she isn't entirely convinced that he's asking her out of attraction. She's more than willing to set her silly crush aside in order to just spend time with a friend. Because it was just that-- a silly crush. Right?[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 5:53:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"R-Really?"

He seems dumbstruck, his own heart hammering in his chest. Rarely do things frighten him. He is a ranger for the sake of helping others and risking his neck for them. Rejection is not known to the man, even if he is aware of it. He's never dated before. Does she even know he asked her out? Was she just humoring him - no. Avery wouldn't toy with him. She was too nice for that.

But he does have to ask, coughing lightly into his hand and averting his eye from her. "Y...Ye do know I mean" he pauses "a d-date right?" Somewhere along the line, she got under his skin. He wasn't in Hoenn to appreciate a date with a lovely woman. He was here to do his job but... someone once told him he had to stop and smell the roses. Who said that to him?

His mentor probably, in Orre. How ironic if that was true. Ben was grasping at straws here, trying to justify his reasoning. He just met Avery but normal men ask women out that they found good company... right? And if it didn't work out, they could be friends. That probably wouldn't change. He wouldn't give up his friendship with the young woman for anything.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 6:03:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"Yes, of course! It'll be fun!"[break][break]

She offers the man a warm, genuine smile as she tilts her head. It truly does not occur to her that he's asking her out, that he's insinuating a situation in which they're participating in an activity together as more than just friends. She's painfully oblivious and that comes to a dramatic halt the moment he clarifies. [break][break]

"What? A date? W-with me?"[break][break]

She blushes, pulling her hands into her lap awkwardly as she thinks hard about what he's saying. It makes her almost giddy with the thought, but mostly surprised. Surprised because no one had ever asked on a date before. [break][break]

Avery can't help but stare at him in silence as she studies his face. Slowly, however, a small smile returns to her face as she regards him.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 14:58:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's clear he needed to clarify. She does not think of it like that, and he regrets his blunder. There were no regrets about asking her out, just that he regrets he wasn't clearer about it. He waited with baited breath as she puts two and two together. She seems... delighted? Was that the word for her emotion and joy?

"Ye - with you" he clarifies with a breathless chuckle. She smiles slowly at him through his fluster, and it just makes his cheeks more red. All the times she has blushed in his presence and here he was giving it to her in one day. It hurt to blush. All the blood rushed to his cheeks and felt so awkward. He felt lightheaded too.

Benedict waited for her actual answer. He didn't want to insult her by recalling it, proclaiming if she didn't want to go it was fine. He was fine. It was a silly thought - him and her. He was rushing into things, even if she was definitely his type. He always did like shy and sweet females.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 20:27:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
There is a moment of pause between them and only then does Avery realize she hasn't really answered the question. Of course, she'd originally said yes and she would say yes again, but as soon as Benedict reiterates that yes, he's asking her out, she gasps.[break][break]

"Yes-- yes I would like that. I would like that a lot."[break][break]

He blushes and she does too, averting her gaze to mask her embarrassment. But the woman is still smiling, overwhelmed by his question and his forwardness and the fact that he had so unabashedly admitted his attraction to her. [break][break]

Avery glances back at him thoughtfully before gesturing back down to his meal.[break][break]

"It'll get cold if we don't eat soon."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 21:36:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"G-Great!" he burst out a bit loudly, pleased that he managed to get through this without embarrassing himself too badly. Avery was receptive to the idea and it gave him a boost of confidence. He lacked such an emotion with himself, minus the work he placed into his job. "I'll call ye... wit' the time and place." he nodded.

But she was right. This delicious meal was getting cold. Ben could easily eat shepherd's pie this good when it was cold too, but Avery probably would want to re-heat it. He could also ask his Talonflame to quickly heat it up but the bird was nowhere to be seen. Probably snooping around the house or out in the yard with the Budew. He was most likely looking for Marshtomp.

Shoveling more pie into his mouth, Ben hummed almost quietly to himself. Good food, a pretty girl saying yes to a date... he couldn't imagine anything going better. When the food was successfully done, he would bid farewell to Avery. Except he'd wait an hour to leave even if he was exhausted. He didn't want to be one of those people who dropped in to take advantage of someone -

only to leave when they outlived their usefulness. He spent a good half an hour chatting with her until the sky began to darken. Finally collecting Talonflame, he would say his goodbyes and take leave.

/ END
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 0:16:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@benedict
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB