awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
whispers of the dead [m/ee]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:56:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Shut up,” he said between gritted teeth.

“Carnage is just—a big no for me,” he admitted with a cringe and a shiver. “Look, laugh at me or make fun of me, but the moment I see blood I freak the fuck out and just book it outta there, he revealed a few moments later.

God, he hated admitting that. However he felt that he had to explain himself.

“See, that’s the thing,” he remarked afterward, finally taking a swig of whiskey and pulling a face for a few seconds.

“The last time my friend heard of that was way before these… space… cannibals started appearing in the region. That was a few months ago, now. Who knows? he ended with a shrug as he knocked back another long swig from the whiskey bottle.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 20:08:03 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
whispers of the dead

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

she wants to poke more on the subject of and blood but she slaps herself with both hands to keep her mind straight.[break][break]

“keeping track is fine. if avatar powers becomes in possession of someone unreasonable, that is surely a problem for us.” the pinkette stares at her bottle for so long before she decides to put back the cork... only to realize it's missing.[break][break]

“but i'm always dubious with the league and with all its secret. i mean, i just learned that the league knows of the slateport clown beast's whereabouts even before littleroot happened.” ultimately, she decides to finish the drink rather than leave it dry out. upon downing the whiskey, she looks at alexei and mutters something she finds trivial, but decides it may be necessary with their topic anyway. told me.”[break][break]

ooc: memorial maintenance (ee) mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#bf91b5!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 20:28:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of the ‘clown’ that had threatened to blow Slateport sky high, Alexei blinked and gave her a good, hard stare.

“Wait, what?” he said, shaking his own head and giving her the best impression he had of a ‘bug-eyed look’. “What did—what did the Councilman tell you? he inquired, voice getting lower as he approached her.

Whatever was going to be disclosed next was clearly something that wasn’t supposed to be known by anyone lesser than the council themselves. How Selena had managed to wheedle one of the long-standing Council members to disclose that was a mystery.

With the mention of avatar powers, though, his train of thought came to a stop.

“…wouldn’t that be like micro-managing?” he inferred, with regards to what he had shared with her. “What if—what if someone who’s an ‘avatar’ doesn’t want to be found?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 20:49:07 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“now that i've think about it, he didn't say much.” she confesses, turning over the bottle to check if there's any liquid left.[break][break]

“he chose his words carefully so i can nibble on a trivial information. he just said someone captured it.” she gets up from the grave they're sitting on, brushing off the dust from her dress as she scoots over to check what's written on the tombstone. “thanks for letting us say... jeremiah steel.”[break][break]

selena then offers a hand to her companion before standing back straight. “shall we walk?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box] margin-top:15px;width:60px;height:60px;border:none;box-shadow:none;border-radius:15px; background-color:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost .vdice-box .vdice-value] padding: 15px 0px 0px 0px; vertical-align:center; font:bold 20px Montserrat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 21:01:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The way he’d posed his question produced an interesting answer.

Alexei knew, at least as much as he could gather, that this particular Councilman didn’t like placing their cards on the table all at once—he knew this explicitly because of his previous encounter with the other man. And there was just something… that didn’t sit right with him.

Call it intuition, or instinct… there was definitely something more to this particular Council member.

Anyway…

His eyes raked the memorial as he made sure that the list of names had none that were familiar to him. Well, obviously they couldn’t add any Pokémon to this because that’s what they were… just… casualties.

“Where to?” he asked her, still holding onto the whiskey bottle.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 21:21:16 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“around. flush out the alcohol.” she simply says before walking ahead of her companion.[break][break]

“my elevation to avatarship is probably the most profane out of others.” selena goes back to the topic at hand. “i can't imagine what it will be like for others who holds dear to their devotion to gods and goddesses. if what you said is true, i can't believe is really the one behind this.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 21:38:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He bit back a chuckle at her answer, before giving her a very mischievous grin. His attempt to lighten the mood.

“You forgot, girl—I don’t get drunk,” he chuckled, before agreeing to walk around with her, the better to keep an eye on the surrounding area. They’d tarried too long around the memorial proper; it was time to poke around the rest of the newly-erected cemetery that surrounded the memorial.

And thank fuck there were no familiar names there, he thought as he listened to what the pinkette was talking about right now.

“I don’t know what happened to you exactly, but my friend told me. Right after the end of the meeting? he guessed. Of course if she was paying attention she would figure out what friend he was alluding to. Heh.

“She’s a whacked-out cultist, that’s what she is. And I think there was a name to that project… he told me it was the initials of something, but… he didn’t catch what it was. All that he could gather was the fact that there are plans of keeping tabs on who’s… you know, like you.”

Maybe it was lucky he didn’t have the blessing of the mischievous winds from back home. But he did have the feathers, though. Would that put him at risk?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 8:26:28 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“fais chier. that's because you're only drinking vodka!” she gives alexei a playful smack on the back before leading the two further into the memorial's other corners.[break][break]

“i've mentioned my willingness to help the region in all my capacity. somehow, that made tapu koko chose me.”[break][break]

she cannot bring herself to say it nonchalantly, but that is all it really is. she does not even want to boast. and she knows alex somehow knows that.[break][break]

“i doubt if tapu koko would want that as well, though. i know it finds hoenn dear but i don't know what they might feel being obliged to serve under humans.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 12:07:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It happened—during the meeting, right? You were chosen there?” he inferred. Arceus, the last thing he remembered before passing out because of all that first-hand carnage on the video was the fact that there was that strange Pokémon in the room, looking over all of them with a critical eye.

He wondered what his friend had thought of it at the time.

“Also, shush, there’s lots of types of vodka!” he retorted a few moments later, elbowing her in the side. “Look, if I had the chance to… oh, shit, which reminds me.”

He came to a sudden stop and turned to face her directly, eye to eye.

“I also told Councilman Silph about this, but I didn’t reveal everything. I can tell you more about this, though… I encountered this strange, red-and-blue beast down in Shoal Cave. Like, way before. I think it was about… two years ago, now. Almost nuked me in the face,” he reminisced, trying to remember every single detail about that meeting.

Arceus, two years. Had it really been that long since he began taking care of the little troublemaker?

“I don’t know if this shit looks familiar to you, but—“ he trailed off as he hurriedly pulled up his PokéGear and began shuffling through all the recorded entries. Scrolling all the way to the bottom, he came to a stop and showed her the image he was looking at.

“Does that shit look familiar to you?”

Of course, he was showing her a picture of the red-and-blue monster he’d encountered down there, messing with the water currents. It definitely didn’t look like anything from Unova… or Hoenn, for that matter.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 6:11:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

selena can only nod at alexei's inquiry, the feeling of intoxication too much for her to handle especially when she's moving. bad decision, she thinks. the pinkette laughs when alex snarls his protest about being a baby with his liquor of choice but she proceeds to listen intently with his unexpected confession.[break][break]

she takes her time to ponder on the images; profiles of an unknown beast is being matched with details in her cognizance. however, the tequila hinders her moment of quick clarity before she stops walking.[break][break]

“i think i might have read something before about a rare pokemon with descriptions matching that creature, but i'm not really sure. what about it?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 22:31:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, the moment I told Councilman Silph about that creature I encountered in the lowest levels of Shoal Cave, he kind of… how do I put this… he kind of… went off on me?” Alexei explained, waving his hands around in this ‘what the fuck’ gesture.

“He went on to say something about me ‘not informing the League about the existence of this creature’, and I… I kind of tuned him out. One thing was for certain, though, that creature I met down there,” he continued as he gestured at the picture of the Pokémon that his Pokénav had managed to capture some information of, “…was that he wanted that Pokémon for himself. But if you ask me?” he trailed off for a few moments, lapsing into silence.

“…that red-and-blue beast just wanted to be left alone.”

That was the vibe I was getting from that hulking beast, anyway… he thought to himself a few moments later. What the absolute fresh hell.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 21:03:02 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“that... sounds like him, i agree.”[break][break]

she huffs a faint laughter, feeling the bits of alcohol draining in her system. in all their encounters, the councilman is indeed a no-bullshit-type of person. he wants everything in accordance to the law which is something that contradicts the very nature of the journalist. a watchdog's job is not to observe the law is being followed, but to make sure it isn't abused by the people implementing it.[break][break]

because most of the time, these legalities are being twisted by those in power to fulfill their personal interests. in this case, she has reservations whether the man's intentions is really at the best of the people. especially after hearing their plans of action regarding avatars.[break][break]

“so, is that creature... still there in the cave?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 0:19:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, the last time I was down there, it almost nuked me to the afterlife. Thankfully—it didn’t nuke me because I managed to get something out of its clogged-ass pipes,” and there he places the vodka bottle on a nearby headstone (whoops) and fishes out the mirror.

Well, he figured that she could keep quiet about this one too…

“I found bits and pieces of this—this thing inside its pipe. And then there were the feathers as well,” he explained. “Remember the one I used to bail our asses out of that sinkhole back in Littleroot? I—I have more of them. Well, had, considering that I only have four of them left…”

With his other hand, he pulled out a familiar-looking feather that she would at the very least remember.

“Remember this thing that saved our asses? I found… like ten of them in the creature’s pipe-limbs. Actually there were eleven, but one of them I tried out to see just what it was capable of.”

And it was indeed capable of a lot of things…

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 18:11:26 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

whispers of the dead

“oh... that thing.”[break][break]

the pinkette does not bother asking alexei a lot of questions. probably because the man decides to not bother her as well. it is this basic understanding that perhaps earn her a friend like this goofball of a gym leader, even when it goes against her principle as a journalist to be inquisitive.[break][break]

“come to think of it: it's almost as if you're an avatar yourself! don't let  or the rest know what it's really capable of.”[break][break]

she chuckles.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 18:19:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Why do you think I kept this under wraps for as long as I could manage? It’s because I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself if word got out I have these feathers,” he explained, running a finger over the spine of the purple-tipped feather before replacing it back in his secure jacket pocket.

“I had to be a little… liberal using them during the war, because if I didn’t, who knows what the fuck would’ve happened had we not made it to the little island during the battle. Thankfully nobody questioned too much because, well, Flying-themed gym leader and all that,” he added with another shrug.

“Look, I have absolutely no intention of telling anyone else about the feathers. Or the mirror. Because if they found out what this shit’s about and start harassing me I am not going to hesitate to tell them to fuck off and bother someone else…”