outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 14:05:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]
re: come out of your shell‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","body"]there were far worse fates for katherine than grunt work, though some part of him pictures her complaining, anyway. opening the door to a laboratory side-room, marcel turns to find the woman in question, ignoring the crowd of slowbro between them.
[break][break]
the line of his mouth straightens. marcel had a lot to say, but first:
[break][break]
"are you alright?" his voice is only slightly strained.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 14:28:27 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]

If Katherine didn't know any better, she'd have assumed that this was her punishment for the events at Mauville. It seemed like the type of punishment that Marcel would cook up for her, at least.

Her eyes roll when a particularly short Slowbro bumps into her. Fortunately for the psychic-type, the admin in the room steals her attention and her eyes avert to him. ”Of course I am. This isn't fun, but I'll live.” She knows what he’s referring to, but still, she’d rather pretend.

Along with her act came the work that they were here to complete. De-evolving pokemon sounded weird. A job better left at the hands of scientists, but considering the pokemon in question, it made a bit more sense. Katherine sends out a psychic-type of her own, a shiny Reuniclus who floats well above the sea of Slowbros.

”Hold one in place for us, Soul.” Her partner's PSYCHIC force surges through the room until it homes on a target, lifting it into the air as well. It squeals immediately, still confused, of course.

“I must say, this isn’t what I expected I’d be doing today.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 15:50:43 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]though unimpressed, his patience holds firm. the slowpoke's cries go over his head. marcel crosses his arms, the only movement he makes. this is katherine's job after all.
[break][break]
"don't act stupid, katherine."

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 16:01:23 GMT

“Then don’t play coy, Kosuke.”

The Slowbro’s cries attract the attention of its kind, who all lift their stares to stare at their brethren who’s imprisoned and shackled by the PSYCHIC force. Strangely enough, none of them seem eager to defend it. “Do you want to ask something or talk about the weather? Because I can do both.”

Soul exchanges a look with his trainer, but Katherine keeps her focus on the admin.

“I am fine.”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 16:44:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel stares. "cut the attitude," he says, "i'm not being coy. and i am asking you a question. a simple yes or no question."
[break][break]
he begins to make his way over katherine—some of the slowbro part, while others he has to step over. the stray of the group continues to flail.
[break][break]
"because you've just come back from ultra space, after jumping in for god knows what reason and, from what i hear, you made it out by the skin of your teeth."
[break][break]
his voice remains even, sharp only under the surface. coming to stand before katherine, he bites back a sigh.
[break][break]
"so i'm going to ask you again, and i want you to be honest, because—believe it or not—i want to hear your answer: are you alright?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 17:02:59 GMT

”I made it out of there just fine.”

Because, despite what and Marcel may think, she was in control the entire time. Extremely furious with one particular scientist, sure, but still in control. “I jumped in because I knew that Blacephalon would be able to help if it wasn’t interrupted. In fact, it managed to help despite Lane’s foolish attempt.”

According to the report she’d read, one Guzzlord succumbed to its injuries thanks to her explosion.

“I am fine, Kosuke. Never been better.” Her words sound as if having been tainted by sarcasm, but honest all the same.

Her eyes avert to Soul momentarily, “Cut the tail off.” The psychic-type doesn’t even flinch - and its force alone causes the tail to separate from the creature it belonged to. Strangely enough, it doesn’t even seem to notice.

“Now, what did you hear exactly? Because I have a feeling that some things need to be clarified.”

notes:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 18:59:52 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]he doesn't believe her, not as much as she believes herself, but marcel lets it go. twice is enough.
[break][break]
she gets the same treatment as gavin: a rotom-phone's placed on the table beside him as he leans against the laboratory worktop. for a moment, he watches the slowbro tail float mockingly above the others.
[break][break]
marcel doesn't answer the question. he needs a recount, uninfluenced.
[break][break]
"your story," he says, "from the van crash. what happened after we landed?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 23:40:07 GMT

“I tagged along with Gavin. I needed to leave after the van crashed, and his Corviknight was there. It seemed like a good idea.”

And it was a good idea at the time. She couldn’t have expected Lane to have his Ditto transform into the very same bird to trail after them. “I knew that the aliens wanted to get something out of the power plant. Or, well, it seemed the most likely. I mean, it was right there. All that power - all for them to take.”

The Slowbros continued to act confused, their cries matching their puzzled expressions. Each time one calls outs their name, it causes another to mimic it. Katherine does her best to treat their sounds as if it were white noise.

“I wanted to stop them, and Blacephalon was my best shot at doing that. It’s something that can match the power of their ultra beasts, so, yes. I still believe I made the right call in revealing it then and there.”

And then, things got complicated.

She takes a brief pause, stopping both to breathe and recount the events. “But freaking Lane had to follow. He went right into the wormhole because, I don’t know, he thought it was a brilliant idea to try and stop me.” Luckily, enough time has passed since that dreaded day and she no longer groaned at the mere sound of the scientist’s name.

“He did things— I am not sure what, but he managed to stop Blacephalon without a pokemon, or at least without one I could see. And he did the same when he attacked me inside the wormhole.”

notes:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 23:43:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel holds back his comments, and will do so for as long as his phone's recording—he doesn't need his own thoughts interrupting the write-up later on—instead, he thinks back to gavin's account, and tries to align the details.
[break][break]
his head tilts slightly at the mention of lucas.
[break][break]
"what do you mean things?" his eyes turn curious "what did he do?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 23:50:43 GMT

“I don’t know.”

Plain and simple. But obviously, there’s more to it and Katherine has no doubt in her mind that if she doesn’t explain it further, Marcel would just ask her to do so. “Like, I know what I felt. But I couldn’t see it clearly. I tried to ask Gavin about it, but… I don’t think he noticed.”

But she knows better than to question herself.

It happened. She knows it did.

“It was something solid. He tried to attack me with it when I recalled Blacephalon.” That was the gist of it, for the most part. “He was moving his hands a lot— so I know it came from him. But… That’s all I have.”

notes:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:39:03 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]he considers katherine's words for a moment. it's not much to go off, but that, he supposes, is one of the joys of his job. marcel makes a mental note to follow up with .
[break][break]
"alright." he believes katherine when she says that's all she has. besides, memories were easy to influence; marcel tries his best to give as little input as he can in these interviews. "and after that? what did you see in the wormhole?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:46:19 GMT

“Disorder. Chaos. The things you’d expect.”

This time, Katherine babbles less. Not because she has something to hide, but instead, she simply wants Marcel to prod and gauge based on that how much he already knows. Did Gavin tell him or did he come to her first?

“We were spinning around until my Dusknoir did its thing. Then I screamed at Lane. Like, a lot. Gavin was trying to reason with him, but it wasn’t working.”

notes:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 1:17:33 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel knows how to ask a question—that is, he knows how not to lead. regardless of whether she elaborates, or moves on, katherine is expected to continue her recount. he need not say anything, to leave the decision to her.
[break][break]
when he'd placed his phone down, when he started recording, marcel had made it clear that this was not a conversation.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 1:31:27 GMT

He says nothing, and all she can think is how typical this was for him.

But if he wants a confession or even the rest of the details, he’d have to bury deeper or get them through another source. It’s not that Katherine has something to hide— but then again, she wasn't being sincere… Not entirely.

So maybe she does have something to hide.

“There were three exits inside the wormhole. We chased Lane and followed him into the one he chose, which led us back to Mauville.” The words flow naturally through her lips, as if no detail has been omitted. “He attacked both of us after that. My Dusknoir lost control and attacked him in return, but I tried to stop that from happening. Lane, well, he simply refused to listen.”

And then it returned. Giratina reappeared. Katherine feels her heart skip a beat at the mere thought of the legendary, of the fateful day she met it.

A subtle hint of a smirk reveals itself across her expression, but it doesn’t emerge just yet. “I assume you’ve seen the thing that came out of the powerplant. It was Giratina. It attacked Lane and then left.”

But of course, there’s more that she keeps to herself.

notes:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
outright [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 1:41:32 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]of course he has suspicious, but marcel, by nature, is always suspicious. a hunch can only ever be supplementary; he takes katherine's word as it is. discrepancies would come to light only after he's made his rounds.
[break][break]
"was that all?"