2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
napad wilków . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 5:16:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it irked her that this poison had encroached upon fortree's land. and even now it edged its way toward her border, creatures who were irrevocably tainted likely to invade her hearth and home - to bring harm to what belonged to her and her lord. when cait had heard the first report she had been astonished, the war's reach having slipped farther inland than she could have possibly imagined. 

'everyone is at risk now.'

she was kept up at night thinking about it. and even the presence of her lover couldn't comfort her in the night, especially when the former gym lead took into consideration the eggs lain recently and the little ones whom occupied her acres. so cait planned with care, realizing what needed to be done and receiving the league's approval as she requested to take on this mission in particular.

'it'd have come to this eventually.' 

and so with her lord's blessing, she requested the aid of whomever was nearest. it was a call sent on official channels, but she'd accept whatever help was offered as she took the steps necessary to defend her home. it was roughly five miles from her property where a pack of infected mightyena gathered within the forest.

they had occupied that section of land for days - weeks, even - but had overhunted to the point where prey was growing increasingly scarce. it was inevitable they'd move on to greener pastures where pokemon were found aplenty. 

"i want them dispatched quickly and neatly," she said.

they were downwind from the pack, cait briefing her pokemon as well as whomever had accompanied her for this mission. 

"
it's unfortunate. but we'll need to utilize deadly force. they'll be buried locally and offered their final rites by me when it's over."

her decidueye had a grim air about them, but they understood their purpose - dipping their heads in understanding.  

@ o p e n
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 13:32:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was a call for help, and who was to answer but Alexei himself? While he had given very specific instructions to the staff at the Sanctuary to keep helping the Pokémon who were injured, he decided to check for himself just how…bad… the aftereffects of the recent battle had gotten.

Sure, he was there at the battlegrounds of Lilycove, but after that everything was a blur because he’d shouted at someone who was definitely unworthy in the aftermath. And now he was protecting Zelle with an uncharacteristically zealous wrath, because who the fuck would kill little baby Pokémon like that?

Either way, there was a little blue face poking out of the top of the hood that he had on, mainly because he couldn’t leave her alone these days. The shining eyes of the Phione watched the world around them as he rushed over to where the call for help was coming from—some distance away from Fortree, but close enough all the same.

Alexei came down in a clearing, before nodding at the Braviary to fly up ahead and keep an eye out as he proceeded to where the other person was waiting for whoever backup was requested to show up.

Out with him right now was his Gardevoir, Tatiana, walking alongside him. His Braviary, flying out of sight serving as an extra pair of eyes.

He was on-edge after all that…carnage he’d seen. Forcing himself not to faint through the battle was an accomplishment in itself.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 14:16:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she is taken slightly aback by the presence of alexei; her relationship with the man bordering on minimal. with a mild reluctance she dipped her head respectively at her gym lead, her mated pair of  decidueyes doing much the same. 

"
ivanov," she said. "you look well."

cait shifts her attention back onto her ghosts, whom sport wooden quivers that contained poison-tipped arrows. if their aim was true, once the pointed tips burrowed themselves into the canine's midsection it would induce sleep - followed by a quiet destruction some fifteen minutes later. she'd crafted the poisonous mixture herself, relying upon the dusty old tomes that she had inherited to produce the recipe.

"
i'll need your help minding the perimeter.  we can't have any of the mightyena getting away."

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/724.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/724.png

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 16:14:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You’re looking well, Miss Alfric,” he remarked as he had noticeably caught her attention. His eyebrows rose a little though, silently wondering at the greeting. It was of no consequence, though, they were here and they had a job to do.

“Alright, as you wish,” he added a few minutes later, summoning his Lucario from the red beam of light emanating from the Moon Ball he’d popped open. As the Lucario hit the ground on a three-paw landing, he nodded at the Gardevoir’s direction.

“Be ready,” he said quietly in Tatiana’s direction. Watching the Gardevoir’s eyes flare to life, the dual-type cast a ‘net’ of sorts around the area, soon joined by the Lucario who let its own aura flare around to join the influence the Gardevoir had set up.

Somewhere up above, the Braviary was watching, keeping his eyes on a bunch of what he presumed to be the Pokémon they were after, tracking their movement. Seeing them move forward, the avian in the sky followed them.

Down on the ground, the Lucario gestured his way, before pointing somewhere deep in the undergrowth.

“They’re on the move.”

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 0:48:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
right."

cait took in a shaky breath, though she schooled her features and moved. she charged herself with laying bait as quickly as she could manage, producing chunks of edibles from her pack that reeked of a freshly made kill. her nose wrinkled slightly at the odor, but she laid it down in generous amounts before retreating into cover.

she favored a tree that her female decidueye had claimed, the pokemon notching her first arrow. perching confidently upon a branch, cait witnessed with bated breath as mightyena emerged. they appeared utterly rabid, their eyes mad and their muscles taut. to her relief there were no pups within sight - but it was more or less likely they'd have been the first to be eaten.

the gym lead grimaced at the thought, though her gaze remained on the pack as they gathered around the bait. they'd gobble it up greedily, snarling at one another as they did so.

'there's eleven in all. not terrible. but not great either.'  

"
aim for the largest male. nearest to dead center."

her decidueye focused and let loose her arrow, the pointed tip lodging itself deeply within the pack lead's skull. he fell noiselessly, his pack appearing confused while others grew startled. 

"
keep going," she said, her voice surprisingly steady.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/724.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/724.png

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 1:25:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Lucario saw a flash of movement headed their way—and blinked a few moments later out of surprise as the Mightyena that appeared in search of the meat had—physically changed.

They didn’t look like the normal canine Pokémon he was used to seeing around the area, it was like something had snapped(?) inside them and they were much more hostile than usual—

That was, until Alexei saw an arrow take down one of the Mightyena, before the others looked around and started growling and snapping at each other. Even if food was food…

“What—“ he muttered, blinking at what he’d just seen.

Wait, wait a second, hold the hell up… he thought as his eyes raked through the clearing. At the same time the Braviary swooped down, coming to a silent hover above him. The Phione hiding under the hood of his jacket (which was conveniently drawn up over his head) blinked at the sight, before looking down at him with this confused look.

“I don’t know, Zelle, you better hide in there for a while,” he said to the squishy blob, giving it an affectionate cheek poke as the Gardevoir and Lucario steadied themselves, just in case some of the Mightyena decided to charge at them.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 1:47:42 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'five down.'

the pack was panicking now, their wild-eyed gazes flicking about as they searched for something - anything - to attack. but cait and her companions remained consistent and well-hidden, each target felled in succession within a few short moments.

'eight.' 

a mightyena rushed toward the lucario, making a desperate bid to escape. 

'nine.'

another circled frantically, whining and confused.

'ten.'

the last one finally flicked its gaze toward cait, its lips curled in a toothy and crazed grin as it located the source of its woe.

'eleven.'

it was done within minutes. the pack limp and lifeless upon the ground. those who had lingered were quickly extinguished by the poison, cait removing herself from the tree and closing the distance to check the status of each. 

"
it's done," she announced, satisfied and relieved in equal measure. 

her pokemon joined her, the freckled-face woman bowing her head deeply as she prayed.

"
may their journey to arceus be a good one.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 1:26:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

One of the rabid Mightyena headed his way, but before the Lucario could so much as prepare a single strike—

It was struck down.

Blinking, the dual-type looked on in silent confusion, watching as more arrows came flying from out of the trees, downing each and every last one of the Dark-types that were trying to frantically escape. The last one had somehow managed to find where the arrows were coming from—

Before being downed as well.

The moment she re-emerged from her perch, Alexei blinked a few times at her reappearance. However, there was something that was still nagging him in the back of his mind, and he decided to speak up about it now before they parted ways.

“I wanted to ask—“ he began, momentarily stumbling on the words, before finding his voice.

“Weren’t… weren’t you some kind of pacifist? Or at least, your family is? Why the sudden change towards these,” he added, gesturing at the now-dead pack of Mightyena.

He couldn’t help but think there was something off here. Unless he had been somehow warped into an alternate reality of some kind.

The little blue blob that was hiding under his jacket’s hood stuck out her head and stared at the green-haired woman for a few moments, before turning tail and hiding in its favorite perch once more. Nope. The Phione was not going to face any kind of woman now, not after what it had witnessed in Lilycove…

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 1:46:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/H8y2m3K.png

cait brought out her excadrill and her grumpig to handle the bodies, observing as the former began to dig a mass grave that she instructed me made deep. she'd check the area some days later, making sure that the infected bodies it kept hadn't somehow poisoned earth. as her psychic-type manipulated the furred and hulking shapes at a careful distance, the former gym lead would turn her gaze toward fortree's gym leader. 

she'd blinked prior to releasing an exasperated sigh in reaction to the inquiry. so she pointed in the general direction of her home, which was a meager five miles away.

"
my property is west from here," she informed. "and beyond that is fortree - give or take a few miles."

cait peered in the direction, a surge of protectiveness washing over her in a potent wave.

"
the pokemon there rely on me to keep them safe. they have families - children. children that would have been easily torn apart by this pack."

her eyes fell shut.

"and fortree is the place of my birth. my family have lived there for generations. if arceus is kind - i'll raise my own children there."

she turned her verdant gaze upon alexei, her freckled features firmly set in a look of determination. 

"i'd do anything to protect fortree - my people - my pokemon. even this."

she gestures toward the corpses that were being covered, feeling no guilt. 

"but i don't expect you to understand how i feel.

her expression is utterly dismissive, for the young woman isn't surprised by his bemusement nor his lack of understanding - not entirely. 

"you're just some foreigner, after all."

with her pokemon in tow she turned on a dime, taking her leave once the infected were buried. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 1:58:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His brows furrowed at the explanation. Sure, most of it made sense, seeing as she had explained her side—but the last part though.

The last part touched him wrong, and his eyebrows went up a bit.

Well excuse me— he thought as he blinked again a few moments later, feeling something wiggling around and shifting underneath the hood. The little blue blob re-emerged, looking down at his face and gaping at him in some kind of silent wonder.

“No, Zelle, I’m fine. On the most part, anyway, he reassured the Water-type, giving it another harmless poke on its cheek. “I’m fine.”

Well, maybe not a hundred percent fine, but wow, rude much? He thought. He’d been living in the region for the better part of eight years now, going on nine, so he was just as much a citizen of the place as she was.

Still, that didn’t give her the right to snap out like that, the last statement really grated his nerves.

Say what you want, girl, but you’re not the Gym Leader around these areas. I care as much as you do for the people under my watch… he continued in the back of his mind, before silencing his thoughts just in case he accidentally blurted it out loud.

A few moments later, the Braviary came swooping down, blue plumage and all. “Come on, Kyou, let’s go back,” he muttered, getting on the avian’s back and flying in the opposite direction—towards Fortree proper.

The work here was done, but there was still something bothering him deep inside.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 8:14:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: