part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
the hangman's game [mission]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 16:07:14 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

D E T O X    |     T H E   H A N G M A N ' S   G A M E

“I suppose we have to kill it.”

The girl's tone was thoughtful, mostly, as she looked down at the limp, unmoving Poipole sandwiched cruelly between the jagged stones.

There was no reason she had to justify her actions. Chryssa was herself a newcomer to the war-torn region, but these things were invasive. They were malicious. This one had left a trail of stung and badly poisoned refugees in its wake, appearing without warning to deal out suffering and leaving the citizens of an already-broken city looking fearfully over their shoulders. They say the pain feels like nothing from this world, she thought distantly, eyes fixed on the glistening stingers.

It made for exciting headlines, but Chryssa drew the line at cruelty.

Her thoughts circled like scavenger birds, honing in on the inevitable.
“It’s certainly not going to reform, and capture isn’t an option without special equipment...” She fell silent, musing.

Nearby, her Probopass watched her with a characteristically stern expression, his eyes fixed unblinkingly on the alien creature hanging from his Stone Edge. The pointed stones had ruptured already-broken asphalt, capturing their foe and rendering it unconscious.

But their job wasn’t done. The girl took a deep breath.

“Well,” Chryssa said, lifting her chin and swallowing her pride, “I, Chryssa Glasgow, have never killed something before. How do I do it?”

Surely a league ranger would have experience to share.

@iris | eyy mission start!