awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 6:37:18 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

l    i   v   e       f   r   o   m       s   o   o   t   o   p   o   l   i   s   ,

PERISH 111.1
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777498159093514251/905103065462497290/all_i_want_for_christmas_is_you_but_every_other_beat_is_missing_CC.mp3[/player]

It is by far the strangest radio station you've ever listened to.

Pop songs played normally, then again: backwards. Smooth jazz intercut with the whine of mosquitoes in summer and howling bursts of wind. Clips of a woman's voice, but never enough to know what she says. Laugh tracks. Crying. Laughter again.

It's like nothing the world has ever seen. PERISH 111 is avant-garde yet fascinating, due in no small part to the show's engaging twin hosts, "Ryssa C and Chy-T." Their voices are so similar as to appear to be the same person, but the duo's strange, sometimes unsettling banter and unique perspective has Sootopolis City spellbound.

Rocket members will know the station exists to spread propaganda and sow unease, both subliminal and overt. The network makes people uncomfortable, yet its strange, surreal nature compels they listen on. Commands it.

Who knows what might happen if you stop?

Signing off.
PERISH 111.1 FM

A Rocket news network spreading misinformation, operating at the highest broadcast frequency in Hoenn. Older makes of cars and stereos may be unable to tune in to the station due to its unusual frequency.

The station is run by Sinnoh sound-based Coordinator  , who shows an extraordinary commitment to the task. In her absence, the radio booth is run by a number of identical Zorua with varying dispositions. Their howling over the airwaves is generally well-received. 

You can make CALLS, place SONG REQUESTS, or request INTERVIEWS. Rocket Members may also GUEST STAR or host additional segments.

TO PLACE A CALL
  • "Perish One-Eleven, speak now or perish! What's your question, caller?"
  • Post IC in this thread with comments, questions, or personal requests. Calls will be responded to with no more than 1-3 replies before a new caller is brought on the line.

TO REQUEST A SONG
  • "Perish One-Eleven, speak now or perish! What's up, caller? Anything you'd like us to play on the air?"
  • Post IC and include a link to a youtube video! You can also just tag me on Discord under #music for OOC suggestions.
  • Requests will always be honored, but may occasionally suffer some unfortunate 'edits' to keep things interesting. 

TO DO AN INTERVIEW
  • If you'd like to do a full interview on the air, it'll be done in a separate thread with no more than 10 posts. An edited, dialogue-only 'transcript' summary will then be posted for the general public.
  • IC, the interview can be recorded in-studio for Rockets in Sootopolis or via general conference call for other interested parties. 

TO MAKE A GUEST APPEARANCE
  • For Chryssa's safety and anonymity, only verified Rocket members may appear on the show or host individual segments.
  • Confirm with me what kind of show you'd like to run or what kind of special you'd like to do and we'll play it out in the thread!

september playlist

NOW PLAYING (PLAYLIST)
 Brutus · The Buttress
 Beans In My Ears · The Serendipity Singers
 Ramalama (Bang Bang) · Róisín Murphy
 "Wabloo Swablu" · A Dramatic Reading
Oh Ana · Mother Mother
Reverse Dance · Andrey Vinogradov
 Rät · Penelope Scott

REQUEST LIST
Wndrwll · Neil Cicierega (  )
LM0086.MP3 (  )
Tucky Buzzard · You're All Alone (  )

november playlist

NOW PLAYING (PLAYLIST)
 Mariah Carey · All I Want For Christmas Is You
 We Wish You A Merry Christmas

REQUEST LIST
▶ (empty)

Thanks for tuning in to PERISH 111! 

In the timeline, Perish 111 begins broadcasting in late August, slowly gaining popularity as rival stations are subjugated or absorbed within the city limits. 

The station may (or may not) have a hand in influencing the population of Sootopolis City under Rocket Control. There may be dystopian elements to this fiction that you can play into, or you can treat it as harmless (albeit amusing) nonsense from a teenage girl at her mafia-sponsored DJ job. 

I will try and do a periodic radio show (social thread) where players are welcome to call in, request songs, or appear to perform live music/interviews on the air. Your content may all be repurposed for future events. Some people may find it a useful venue to find plot hooks or express themselves!

You are welcome to cameo Perish 111 in your personal threads and reference any songs, shows, or calls that aired in previous months.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 12:29:21 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

song request

"Hi Chryssa, I love what you're doing and I've got a song that would fit perfectly with your eclectic mix," said Bill.

He was sitting on a deck chair on the balcony of his Sootopolis home, watching the waves breaking on the beach far below.
"It's a bit laid back, but a recognized classic. Quite popular at parties and at my youth camps. It's called Wonderwall."

Bill turned the radio up, waiting to hear his requested song. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,581 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 13:13:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hi Chrys! Wanna do a little favor for me?"

Chu-e clicked and tapped on one of his many burner phones, sending a link with a MP3 titled 'LM0086' directly to the girl.

"Just play if it's cool, kay? The guys in Lilycove need it! Thanks!"

Chu-e then spammed her with multiple pictures of his cats, as was tradition.
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 14:50:59 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"Good evening Ryssa, good evening Chy-T. You know, I must say, first and foremost, that I quite admire the work you're both doing here. I think I speak on behalf of most Galarians living in Hoenn, however, when I say we could use a little something to lift our spirits and remind us of home."

The squeak of a new leather chair pervades the call as Remiel slightly reclines, sitting at his study while idly flipping a pencil between the fingers of one hand. The radio set at the corner of his desk crackles.

"So I'd like to request Tucky Buzzard's "You're All Alone", if you can find it. It's all horses for courses, of course, but my father used to get chuffed to bits whenever this band came on the airwaves."

He smiles, recalling stories of psychadelic trips backpacking through Kalos as his father had traveled with the band in his youth. Though the irony of the song's title, given his purpose for the choice, isn't lost on him either.

"Shoutout to ," He adds. "The finest woman to ever grace these lands."
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 15:51:40 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

The explicit cursing of the previous song fades out and the low, cheerful tones of host CHY-T cut back in.

"And that was Rät. Or is it 'Rat'? How do I pronounce that dot-dot thing?"

"It's called an umlaut. Not that it matters—we can't see it over an audio medium, after all."
The pitch of the voice raises, signifying co-host RYSSA C.  The voice is sly, innocent, and sounds remarkably like Chryssa. 

"Much like PERISH, it requires senses beyond our current, mortal limitations to fully comprehend. You'll understand someday, loyal listeners." 

"...Anyway, here's Wonderwall. A request from our very own Sootopolis Mayor, if you can believe that!"

Wonderwall (or something close) begins to play, curiously distorted and sometimes even backwards. The hosts sing along with the chorus. "Yadot si annog eb eht yad taht er'yhet annog worht ti kcab ot ouy..."

"Up next, a special treat!" 

"This one goes out to the folks in Lilycove!"
Chy-T's voice comes cheerfully. "Make sure to listen all the way to the end for a chance to win a ticket to our 'Under The Rug Sweepstakes' at the end of  the month!"

The radio shifts to static for a moment. A casual listener might think that the station simply forgot to mute the microphone as a terrible, insidious beeping takes over the airwaves, followed by a distant voice reading a disembodied string of numbers. 

9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 29 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 29 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0 2 9 7 7 0

"—Did you catch the secret raffle number?" The sudden cut is enough to make the average listener jump. "Don't worry if you didn't—we'll be playing it once every hour until the end of September!"

A clip of 's original call is played unaltered over the radio, more eloquently phrased than Chryssa or her Zorua might hope to compete with. 

"—You heard it here on PERISH! This request is dedicated to all the Galarians in Hoenn, plus a special shoutout to our curly-haired commissioner,  ! May she safely, single-handedly escape the tentacular embrace of aliens evermore."

"What? Aliens?"

"Oh, yes. Doesn't everyone know about that?  Anyway, here's Wonderwall again."

"You're All Alone" begins to play, its message—perhaps even a promise—intact.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 17:14:47 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

PERISH 111.1

WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

ON THE NIGHT OF HALLOW’S EVE, costumed children spread across the region. like a plague, they roam from house to house, pleading for delicious candy behind plastic masks and fabric hoods.

TRICK-OR-TREAT, they announce, excited for the annual celebration.

unbeknownst to all, someone else looks to participate as well. but there is no treat sweet enough to satisfy their gnawing teeth. instead, they look to sate that which can never be pacified.

on the highest frequency known to man, an odd signal becomes available for those to tune in. only one place in hoenn is suited to receive such a message. however, oddly enough, it comes out scrambled. nothing more than incomprehensible screeching.

under the advice of an audio technician, they may be able to decipher the audio by playing it live. something about the way the instruments react to it? it’s hard to explain but this questionable wisdom is backed behind a confident ‘hunch’.

do you dare broadcast the unknown?

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 14:33:13 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

ON AN ORDINARY HALLOWEEN NIGHT, Chryssa would have been clad in costume like the rest of the children who huddled beneath hoods and capes, ushered door-to-door by watchful Sootopolis Rocket personnel. She was seventeen years old, but an earnest childhood that should have been spent collecting candy had been locked behind wheelchair ramps and rituals.

If it had been an ordinary night, things would have been different. Self-justified and righteous, she would have swept through the streets strewing eggs and toilet paper in her wake, riding her Probopass with barely-disguised triumph—as if merely living life was a victory in itself. 

Instead, Chryssa threw down her coat, settling down in her swivel chair at the Perish 111.1 soundboard. Her two Zorua scattered, dropping their Illusions as their mistress returned to her place at the monitor. Her breath ragged from the climb, vapor curling from her lips, Chryssa flipped on the instruments that would lead her to God.

As expected, the reading was still there. 

The Radio Tower was cold, and the flickering light of the high-frequency sound wave danced like a candle flame in winter. It drew her in, irresistible, incomprehensible. Irresponsible. 

"It's analog. If I convert it for FM, I can probably play it live.... Should I be contacting my superiors?" Chryssa wondered aloud, eyes fixed on the jumping lights on the sound mixer as the room filled with audial distortion. One of the Zoruas looked up, giving a short bark in response. "No, you're right. They would trust my judgment, wouldn't they?" She knew would. might be another story, but Chryssa chose to ignore that.

Her fingers worked on their own. 

"Live," Chryssa murmured, making sure the proper limiters were in place in case the volume of the broadcast turned out louder than anticipated. "I wonder if I should..."

She sent out her Loudred and Chatot. Chatot perched in the CD racks, cocking his head back and forth curiously. "Alistair, take a sound clip once the playback starts. Paisley—" she directed towards the Loudred, "You have Soundproof, so if anything unusual happens to us, drown it out and take us off the air."

In an unusual display of mercy, Chryssa returned both her Zorua before she rolled her chair back over to the monitor, hearing the last bars of the previous song fading out. She steeled herself, counting down.

3... 2... 1...

"And that was Mariah Combee's All I Want for Christmas is Mew," she said brightly, using her standard Ryssa C voice. Still live, she took a deep breath. "Next up is a sponsored guilt trip by the RSPCP! Close your ears, everyone." Unseen, Chryssa's eyes gleamed. "This is your one and only chance to turn off Perish 111.1."

The cue light blinked on. 

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 20:10:49 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

PERISH 111.1

WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

THE VOLUME WAVERS with uncertainty. every croak and screech flushes between high and low, a constant ebb and flow as the sound plays out in its entirety.

those audacious enough to disregard their mc hear the following.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r1p3zqBlLh1yjyalbo1.mp3[/player]
a prelude of what’s to come.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
PERISH 111.1
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 4:55:27 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Rust-filled words creaked and groaned from the speakers—awful and awesome—each syllable meticulously formed. It was a song where the singer never breathed, a cry for help from the wrong direction. 

In the vast silence that followed, Chryssa flipped the station back to the normal programming, offering no explanation for the terrifying break in the station's typical lineup. Perish was known to be unsettling at times, and the frightening audio clip would probably be dismissed as one of Chy-T's hilarious Halloween pranks. Life would go on as normal. After all, despite her precautions, nothing bad had happened.

Not yet.

Like a lover caught on a bridge watching the love of their life walk away, Chryssa found herself torn. 

What should I do?

"Send out a second signal," she said to her Loudred, swiveling around in her chair, "Match pitch and frequency if you can."

A step, echoing on wood. I'll chase after you.

A hand, outstretched. I won't let you go.

She reached for a strange, infectious hunger, an amalgamation of sound and scream. 

She would be lying to say she wasn't afraid.

"Don't you want to see what happens?" Chryssa asked her Chatot as she worked on preparations. A strand of hair fell into her eyes, damp with sweat. "You know, I'm obligated to take callers on the air, especially aliens or Dahlia Goode. I can't just ignore it."

Distorted, disruptive, the Chatot played the audio back, and back again. Its metronome tail ticked out of time, punctuating the wrongness of the words. The notes sawed at her senses and Chryssa chewed at her lip, tasting blood, suppressing dread.

"It's all about communication," she went on, raising her voice over Loudred's building Supersonic. The wavelength on her screen jumped up as Paisley matched and doubled its amplitude, escalating the usual output. "That's how you avoid misunderstandings, you know." The signal reached an impossible pitch, ringing in the room like crystal.

"—by being clear with what you want."

Switchboard lights reflecting in her eyes, Chryssa pressed transmit.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777498159093514251/906761224392437780/Reply.mp3[/player]
"See? That wasn't so hard," Chryssa said once it was over. She left the signal playing, a lonely voice for a lost soul to follow home. "If we're lucky, it'll be here in time for the holidays."