Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
How-to: Mourning [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 14:11:24 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

She still wasn't ok yet, oddly enough. Kaida still felt an odd heaviness clinging to her back, even though her wounds were healed enough to give her the clear for walking around. Perhaps they had been worse than she thought, because the pangs only grew larger as she stopped at her destination. A memorial. [break][break]

Pokemon and human names littered the structure...she couldn't tell the difference between them. A selfish thought rose in her throat, at the very least, none of my family is up there. Couldn't be a normal thought, but she made no effort to dismiss it. She was finding the pangs whenever she looked at the names, and the relief that her family wasn't killed, were starting to coexist in some loop. So many civilians she was unable to help, yet this was supposed to be a victory. [break][break]

Before she could think too deeply, and fall back into memories of deaths she should have prevented, a sad crooning broke her thoughts. Her Pokemon had accompanied her, either to protect their injured leader in the case of Ormr, or to mourn themselves in Muspel's and Bragi's case. She hadn't made Silk come. The serpent had been throughly exhausted by his Mega-Evolution and attacks in the rain...she also had a feeling the Sandaconda was a more private creature, he wouldn't want to come here in a group. [break][break]

In her case, she carried a broom. [break][break]

It all seemed so logical. If cleaning her little "shrine" was a form of respect to it, then it only stood to reason that this was a form of respect. So as Muspel read over the names and whimpered, and as Bragi waddled forward to put flowers down, Kaida started to sweep dust away...she was glad the presence of Ormr never left, for some reason his weight countered the heaviness that started to accompany her like a burn.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Memorial mission!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 1:37:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars had come from Mount Pyre, after leaving some flowers for his first Swampert. It had been admittedly a very long time since he had come by the mountain—but after that hair-raising encounter with what Thomas Benoit called ‘the Agent of Death’ he couldn’t bring himself to go there.

At least, until the ‘threat’ had been expunged. Then the war happened.

That was a fucking mess. So many more people had died, a lot of Rangers lost to the ‘space cannibals’ among others. He wondered idly if the memorial site being built over at Lilycove would also have the names of those who had died on the other battle fronts.

Coming in on the back of his Metagross, he thought he saw someone familiar by the memorial. Knocking exactly once on the shining silver beast’s back, the Pokémon came down for a landing, finally anchoring his legs on the solid ground as he slid off Ro’s back.

Ah, it was someone he knew.

“Hello, Kaida,” he began quietly, hoping not to startle the other.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 4:00:12 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She hadn't expected a familiar face, especially one coming from the skies. The only change in Kaida was a brief freezing of her movements, quickly relaxing as she offered her type of genuine smile, small and quick, "Hello, Lars...here to show respect too?? She brandished her broom a little proudly, as if her meaning was obvious. [break][break]

Muspel and Bragi raised their heads, chirping happily, but refusing to move from their spots. The calmer Ormr waved his tail in greeting, the Ekans more than a little happy to see a reliable face. "We just came to see the names...can't really tell which are Pokemon or human like this." It wasn't a bad thing, she found, it was just odd to read. [break][break]

"Did you know anyone?" Perhaps it was too personal a question, but they were at a memorial, and she knew they had both just had long fights...and maybe more ahead of them. It didn't feel personal, not in this moment.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 1:27:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I wanted to see what she’d thought of placing here—so in a way, yes,” he hummed as he gave the Metagross a pat, who then proceeded to fold its legs before settling down on the ground looking like some gigantic sparkling crab. Looking over at the monument, he sighed.

Picking out names from the granite was so hard, especially when he started seeing blocks of them—blocks, of the Rangers that had died in Meteor Falls.

“Well, that’s nice of them. They included the names of the dead from Meteor Falls,” he continued quietly, looking over the names that were arranged in thoughtful positions; close to whom they knew best. He flinched for a few moments, having seen ’s name.

Walking around it momentarily, he wondered if the other side had the casualties from Mauville—and it did. Mercifully, there was nobody else he knew personally on that side.

The side that represented the Lilycove segment, though…

“I was able to spend some time talking with him,” he remarked as he pointed at ’s name on the monument.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 4:31:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She stayed silent as she sensed Lars flinch besides her, not daring to ask if he had a friend's name he saw...why would she? His reaction detailed it well enough. It did make that heaviness migrate within her chest though, and she swiped furiously at the ground as frustration bubbled in the base of her throat. [break][break]

"Me too...he helped me train, even before all this." Perhaps it was because if anything happened, the Rangers would be one of the first lines of defense, but that was no reason to help train a single Ranger. "He helped train Muspel and Kjoll." It was unfortunate that Kjoll couldn't come today, an Onix was a little too much of a liability to allow near a monument like this right now. [break][break]

"Since they knew him, I figured they'd be upset, so they're here to mourn." Was it too much wishful thinking to imagine Lars would just leave it at that? Her Pokemon were saddened, so she accompanied them here...was that too much?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 13:48:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, he did?”

Lars remembered the other man’s intensity—there was no other way to put it. During his attempt to win the rune Badge, he definitely knew that he was… outclassed, for lack of a better term. And that was saying something entirely, considering that most of his gym wins were on non-traditional formats.

He couldn’t understand why some other gym leaders only had a traditional way of doing things…

Either way, he nodded.

“I’m sure that your Pokémon feel the same way, since they’ve met him directly,” he continued quietly, nodding in the direction of ’s name.

“They know. All Pokémon know. It’s like. I don’t know, it’s something that draws them to… to remember us. Remember people, he attempted to explain.

Because quite frankly he didn’t have enough words to grasp the enormity of the situation yet. It was still new to him—the sensation of literally fighting not just for one’s life, but for the entire region’s future.

And now that they were in that uncertain present heading to who knew where…

“We—I mean, me and Alexander—apparently shared something in common, too.”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 21:16:46 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Talking was making it better, she found. "Yes...we never won any real battles against him, but we tried." She didn't count the Gym battle in this quantity. Why would she? It didn't count, it wasn't a real battle in a Gym...just fun. [break][break]

Remember us, that was right. "They're very kind...unlike," The corner of her eyes could see Lars, and a sheepishness entered her voice as she pointed to herself, "Unlike people." Someone who couldn't even save someone, and then didn't mourn properly. That's what she was. [break][break]

"In common?" She tilted her head, "...Is it rude to ask what? You don't seem similar." She spoke truthfully, her gaze turning away from the memorial long enough to let curiosity take root.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay