2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
gotta get our kicks somewhere [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 10:34:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Despite being a Hoenn native, Skyler had never really ventured much into certain parts of the region, preferring to stay by the seaside - both due to preference and due to her job as a professional diver and treasure hunter. She was an ocean child at heart and just thinking about the fact that she was hours away from the closest shoreline made her feel uncomfortably itchy.

Then again, that might've been the ash. 

Skyler had attempted to prepare herself for the journey ahead. Dark glasses protected her eyes from the sulfuric powder that kept blowing in the breeze, but the sailor had pretty much forgotten every other piece of protective equipment one might bring when venturing into a place like this. Her wild curls of blonde hair kept catching bits of ash as if trying to grow a collection - she wasn't even sure her hair was blonde anymore.

She didn't dare shake her head for fear she'd get a mouthful of ashes in her mouth.

The Salamence by her side didn't seem too happy about the whole thing either, sneezing once in a while. "Just a bit longer, Ata, we're almost there."

● tags: @ open! feel free to join !
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 20:25:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
On his way back from catching gible, clad in a face mask and protective glasses Satorius had to once again walk through route 113 to get back to the center of hoenn he usually frequented. Percy was still following him, yet to exhaust his power even after squashing the poor gible in few moves. Haxorus only had a scarf wrapped around his face that only gave clear vision on his eyes and head blades. The pokemon looked a little like a desert raider and with Satorius all dressed in grey and white, the pokemon would easily stand out with the shimmer of it's green scales. Even Sato's hair only turned from silvery to a slightly darker grey tone as ash collected. He hadn't ben keen on coming back here and would need to get a flying pokemon for this in the future, but for now he hoped not to run into too much trouble. Through his protective mask he turned sideways a little while walking and spoke to percy, "The last time we came through here I took pictures of a spot with a lot of trees crowded together, we could take a rest there and get a quick snack in, maybe we can also catch something here, there should be afew intersting guys about."

With that they made their way deeper into the route, largely able to disregard the ash and hazards that could be found here due to a goo memory on Satorius' side and having gone through here. One could say travel was almost too smooth this time around.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 5:56:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK TOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AUTOTOMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @satoriusri

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMBUSKEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BLAZE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 16:22:45 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

They'd been walking through a rocky ledge in an attempt to avoid the mountains of ash-coated tall grasses when their path was suddenly blocked. Skyler stopped in her tracks when an avian-like Pokémon crashed into the path ahead of them, releasing of plume of smoke and ashes, and slightly obscuring her vision.

The slight wind promptly blew the plume of ash into her and the sailor raised her arm in order to protect her eyes. When she looked again, there was a fainted Aron in the middle of the narrow path - a small crater signalling where it had crashed. Standing nearly on top of it was a Combusken, eyes narrowing with aggression.

"Ata."

The dragon growled, catching the Combusken's attention immediately. It didn't surprise her when the Combusken started to run their way, fist clenched in a clearly threatening stance. The Salamence roared a war cry and opened her maw, gathering energy within her jaws and releasing a HYPER BEAM at the wild pokémon. 

Unfortunately, part of the path ahead suffered with the powerful move, and Skyler watched in horror as heavy chunks of rock started to fall down -- was that someone walking down there?!

"Watch out!" Skyler knew she wouldn't reach them in time to do anything to help, but she still jumped into motion, pausing only to look back and send a pokéball at the knocked out Combusken. "Falling rocks!"

CATCHING COMBUSKEN

● tags: @satoriusri
● notes: sorry for the wait! D:
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 21:42:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Of course that thought had to curse him worse then he'd have imagined. Nothing should have happened here, maybe a Pokemon would jump at him and be fended of by his Haxorus but this? Well it wasn't as bad as that though. There would have been danger to his life indeed if it was just rocks falling down on him he would've been hurt for sure, but aside from the woman shouting from above, he had also heard the explosion on top of the ledge and immediately looked up and dodged backwards against a tree but that was enough to not be pelted by stones. He remained mostly calm but fixed his eyes on the person standing up atop the mountain's ledge. His face wasn't showing much emotion in itself but his eyes were extremly narrowed as he wasn't quite sure of the situation yet and was unable to fully see who he was dealing with. To his companion who had just smashed the rock falling for it he mumbled, "Percy stay alert, we might have to fight." Though saying that, he also noticed the knocked out Aron that had fallen to the ground aswell. With how heavy it was he couldn't just casually push it aside and so he stepped around it and tried to test the waters shouting, "Are you alright up there? Do you need help?" He was pretty much sure that they were fine, but a little paranoia lingered in him and he pulled his mask up ever so slightly so he wouldn't yet reveal his face.

He probably should've climbed up there if he was actually worried about the other person, but at this point he was more curious of what had caused this situation and seemingly knocked the Aron out. He didn't know if this Aron belonged to that other person but also didn't feel like he wanted to catch it so he just left it there. On second thought, this Aron was probably heavier and more dangerous then the rocks which had fallen down which made him feel a little uncomfortable.
Not catching.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 5:09:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUFANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HIGH HORSEPOWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIG

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CROAGUNK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANTICIPATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REVENGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON JAB

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]SKYLER CAUGHT COMBUSKEN!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 11:49:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She couldn't help the sigh of relief that overtook her when she heard the voice from somewhere below, asking for her own welfare. Part of the ledge, she could see as she approached, had turned into a slope of sorts, broken bits of rocks littering the ground where the rockface had given way and broken off. Skyler stepped up to the edge and looked down - it wasn't a great distance to the bottom, they weren't terribly high up. But still, those rocks could've easily smashed a person. "I'm good!"

The sailor could now see someone down there, their attire much more suited to the environment than her own. Even their pokémon, a tough-looking dragon, was outfitted with a scarf that protected it from the falling ashes - and, Skyler couldn't help but notice - also looked really cool. "Remind me to get you a scarf like that," she tells Atalanta as the Salamence steps up and looks over Skyler at the duo below. Unfortunately, the dragon doesn't seem very keen on a scarf, instead focusing her attention on the duo below, opening her wings in a maneuver meant to intimidate.

Skyler, on the other hand, had no such qualms. She took a brief look at the slope and grinned, quickly moving away from her Salamence's shadow to suddenly run down the slope's length, her legs carrying her to the bottom, where she skidded and almost fell. Fortunately she managed to right herself in the nick of time, her sea legs long used to shifting terrain.

Silver eyes looked up at what she thought to be a young man, though she couldn't be certain because he was wearing - a lot. "Hello." She approached the person and held her hand out for a handshake, pushing her sunglasses up onto her head and giving him (?) a cheerful, lopsided grin. "Skyler Dross, ship captain and treasure hunter. Sorry about almost smashing you with those rocks. Sometimes Atalanta gets a bit too enthusiastic."

The pokémon in question grumbled as she took a small leap, opening her wings to cushion her fall before landing behind Skyler, eyes remaining fixed on the Haxorus.

SKIP

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 11:22:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He nodded at the confirmation of the other's safety and and kept looking at them. At this point he was sure he'd run into a woman, but seeing her recklessly run down the slope, almost breaking her neck had him wondering what kind of person he'd encountered here. Was she just reckless? To him the answer was pretty much yes, but he didn't care to point that out and instead looked at the woman as she approached him like she wasn't travelling through a dangerous volcanic area. Her occupation almost told him everything he'd wanted to hear from this person aswell, but he didn't dislike it. She seemed to be a free spirit and that was always a bonus in his book. On top of that, if she was a ship captain, maybe he could get in her good books and use the opportunity and ask her for a ride in the future. Under his mask Satorius gave a slight smile and replied to the introduction of Skyler with, "Nice to meet you, My name is Satorius Ri, I am an information broker and trainer. Nothing as exciting as you do. Don't worry though, sometimes fights can get heated and you don't think about what's going on below you. Everything turned out fine afterall."

He took his glasses off himself, revealing the sharp gaze in his almost golden, amber eyes. His mask stayed on for personal safety. He had clearly risen an eyebrow as he was scanning her and said, "I understand girls wanna look good and present well, but you should take care of your health above all else." He spoke with a teasing tone in his voice and looked through his pockets, "I'm sure I have atleast a spare mask for you here somewhere, though I'm afraid I can't help your salamence." He said but was interrupted by the noise of heavy foot steps and both wood breaking and leaves rustling. Not looking up from the inside of his jacket he said to Percy, "Take care of them if they're wild pokemon." And with that said Percy started a strange pattern of foot movements while seemingly whetting his claws against the blades of his head. Out of the woodworks popped two pokemon that were fighting with each other. The reason wasn't apparent but to most the image of a frog and an elephant fighting would seem funny at best. Right as Percy finished his SWORD DANCE he charged for the two pokemon, seemingly all fired up and gave them each a DRAGON CLAW. At the same moment Satorius pulled out a folded face mask and handed it to Skyler, "Here you should use it. Don't worry I haven't worn it, it's all clean." He'd ignored the rumbling behind him and when he turned around, Percy the Haxorus was yet again standing over the two defeated Pokemon with his foot on the Cufant's body, ascerting dominance. He meanwhile gave the Salamance Atalanta a proud look. Satorius rolled his eyes and said, "Alright alright, you did good, I'm proud of you, but you gotta work new poses." He then pulled out a pokeball and pressed it against croagunk in an attempt to capture it, muttering, "One of these might come in handy."

Attempting to catch Croagunk
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 22:22:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANGORO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CIRCLE THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORK UP

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEWEAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAMMER ARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BABY-DOLL EYES

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]SATORIUS CAUGHT CROAGUNK!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 23:01:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

If Skyler was bothered by the fact that this person had their face almost completely hidden, she didn't show it. Her smile was wide, friendly and just a little wild - which was only emphasized by the way her hair was currently attempting to go every which way in defiance of the laws of gravity.

She quirked an eyebrow at his presentation, smile turning lopsided with a hint of mischief. "An information broker, huh? That seems pretty interesting to me." It sounded, at least to Skyler, like some of those guys in spy movies who traded confidential information for money. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Satorius. Glad you weren't buried under rocks."

The amber of Satorius' eyes had her slightly taken aback, not having expected such a striking color. The next sentences that came out of his mouth, however, had her blinking at him in astonished disbelief.

Skyler looked down at her old jeans and ash-streaked trainers, and at the sweater gifted to her last year by her parents. Then she was throwing her head back in uncontrolled laughter, uncaring of the ashes that blew in the wind or the fact that she might attract other wild pokémon to their position. "Y-you're the f-first person who ever accused me of being s-stylish." Her voice wobbled with the remnants of her laughter.  Truthfully, the sailor practically lived in either gym attire or wetsuits, so it was just... It was ridiculous. "But I'm flattered you think so." She returned the teasing with practised ease.

Nevertheless she accepted the mask offered to her with a grateful nod of the head, hiding the playful curl of her lips behind the material. "I'm afraid I don't have anything to give you back. It seems I owe you now." She didn't seem too bothered by the fact, scratching the underside of Atalanta's chin when the big dragon approached her from behind. 

The Salamence was more distrustful of these strangers than her trainer.

"So, Satorius, you doin' anything in specific around these parts or just passing through?" 

SKIP

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 23:33:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Satorius picked pokeball between his feet up and and looked at it while talking to Skyler again, still squatting over where the ball laid just before. "Maybe there'll be an opportunity to take me aboard your ship some day, travelling is more fun with people you know atleast to some extent." He got up and turned around, his speech making it seem like he was acting of good will, "But don't worry about that, trainers should help each other out when they can. As for what I'm doing here... I previously travelled close to meteor falls in hopes of finding rare pokemon, but it seems I'm not being disappointed here either." And as he said that, another contender to the heated Haxxorus appeared and made its presence known. A Pangoro had stepped up to the challenge, probably attracted by the previous fighting noises. There was also a Bewear nearby, poking it's head out from the side of a tree but it didn't seem hostile at all. With his back to the soon escalating fighting scene Satorius gave the Salamence a curious glance. A quick glint of desire flashed across his eyes but he didn't speak up about the pokemon and instead focussed back on Skyler. He pulled a black business card out of his pocket. All letters and numbers were written on blood red and looked glossy against the light. It seemed a little like it was written in actual blood and mentioned his name and contacts. The latter leading to a business mail and number for his second phone. He extended it to her and explained, "Here, I want you to have one, if you need to know something I might be able to help for a small donation of coin or infos. On the other hand, you said you were a treasure hunter? If you find out some exclusive information and want to make money off it, you may wanna send it to me. If it's good I'll pay you a nice sum." He said and pulled his mask off. What immediately was better visible were the piercing in his ears and the one on his throat. He immediately looked less trustworthy with a sort of impish smile on his lips. "Don't worry, I'm way more professional then I might look to you, but I find it proper to show myself."

As he casually chatted away like he'd planned to make her a business partner from the start, behind him an earth shattering fight was taking place with Percy and the bear trading blows between fists and claws. The Haxorus aggresive nature towards other males and increased power from his sword dance made him win out and he eventually plastered the panda to the ground with a giant GIGA IMPACT that caused the ground to shake. Silence hit for a moment in which only the panting of Haxorus was heard who looked down on Pangoro. Still looking at Skyler with his piercing gaze Satorius said, "I think you have earned yourself a treat today as soon as we're in Mauville you I'll let you choose something nice." Satorius said and only then turned to Percy, who gave an approving growl. Satorius gave the Bewear a glance, but the pokemon seemd to prefer a retreat and so his choice of catching this Pangoro was made even easier. He was low on pokeballs but wouldn't miss the opportunity on catching this one, he liked pokemon that looked intimidating, kind of like having a personal bodyguard that you could teach a bit of bloodthirst on top. Dropping a pokeball on the panda Sattorius explained himself a little on his actions to Skyler. "So you see, I am also constantly looking for potential business partners, which is my actual main goal for travelling. And I'm glad to add a few cute girls to that list recently."

Was he attempting flirting?

No. but as Skyler might learn sooner or later, was that he was direct and didn't lie on such things, even if they were meant as a tease.

Attempting to catch Pangoro
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 7:15:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RIOLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STEADFAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWORDS DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGNEMITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLASH CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER SHOCK

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]SATORIUS CAUGHT PANGORO!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 19:00:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Plenty of opportunities to hitch a ride; I go out to sea most days, so as long as your destination isn't far away, I should be able to help out." Skyler wasn't shy about helping a few people here and there, especially if it gave her an excuse to spend more time out on the ocean. "If you ever need a ship you'll be able to find me in Lilycove. Just look for the Sotally Tober." Most people found her ship's name to be either a joke or ridiculous - it was a little bit of both. The judgemental looks sent her way fueled her.

The sailor accepted the card given to her with a quirked eyebrow, taking the time to read the name and contacts within, lingering on the blood colored letters. Very gothic. "I usually deal with my clients directly; I'm afraid some of them aren't the type to deal with competition in a friendly manner." She'd taken the brunt of some very unhappy deals herself, having the scars to prove it. She'd learned to pick her clients carefully after that. "But if I find anything in my explorations that my clients aren't interested in, I'll be sure to contact you, Mr. Ri." Her voice turned teasing at the suddenly formality in her own words, silver eyes flashing with amusement.

She took the time to study his face, carefully putting away his card in her backpack. "Well, who'd've thought. A businessman with the looks of a rebel." If her mask was off, he would have been able to see the lopsided smile that curled her lips. However, it was impossible to miss the glittering mischief that swam in her eyes.

At his comment about cute girls, Skyler let out an amused chuckle. "Mixing business and pleasure, Satorius? Tsk tsk, that is a dangerous slope to fall into. Take it from someone who has experience in the matter." It seemed the blonde was more than familiar with his brand of teasing. 

Atalanta's attention suddenly shifted from the two humans to her side, where a small creature was attempting to... fight her? The Riolu closed two fists at the Salamence is what was supposedly an intimidating maneuver before launching them at the dragon's side.

This time it made Atalanta released a huff of annoyance, followed by an ominous inhaling. Then a jet of scorching hot flames was sent the Riolu's way, red eyes widening briefly before the fire reached him. "Ata, enough!" The flames went out in a second, revealing an approaching Skyler, pokéball already in hand as she caught the unconscious Riolu. "I think you're right, Satorius," she said, looking at the pokéball. "This area does have its fair share of interesting pokémon. And humans." 

The Salamence growled, obviously attempting to assert her superior battling skills in front of the Haxorus.

CATCHING RIOLU

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 19:54:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT RIOLU!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STEADFAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWORDS DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!