she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2021 5:35:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "well." dahlia relaxes her shape. believing she has hooked him, she pulls away into the curve of her seat's backing as if to reel. "i always have something planned. it pays to be prepared."

leaning over to a small black communications box on the desk, she requests for the door to their space to be locked. immediately, their room is secured with a heavy click.

"if i tell you, balder," dahlia, still in her seat, barely grasps the top drawer's knob. pulling it out, she retrieves a slim file, "you'll have to promise to work with me closely. in other words, in exchange of your services as a personal bodyguard— and of an esteemed member of the aqua initiative," she leans back into her chair after closing the drawer, "we can get your solgaleo back."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 2:03:02 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

The Aqua Initiative. Alexei had warned him about such a thing not long ago, before the war had happened. What did it entail though? The Alolan man had no clue. And the fact she had requested him as a personal bodyguard.... That was suspicious. Was she expecting something to happen? Or to prevent something like the previous New Year Fiasco where she had been used as a puppet?[break][break]

The avatar leaned forward, hands gathered under his chin, frowning. "So you want me to protect you at any time, as well as being part of that mysterious initiative, only to get Solgaleo back?" Balder sighed. "In my book, that deal seems to favor you a lot more then it does for me, especially since Leo's return would benefit you as well if I agreed."[break][break]

His gaze rested on her eyes, analyzing them, trying to see if she would be lying on the next questions. "Why are you trying to get me as your bodyguard? What are you afraid of? And what is the Aqua Initiative exactly?"

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 21:15:58 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "mm, don't twist my words." dahlia says with a wave of her finger. the movement is sharp. does not travel far. "this isn't only about solgaleo. this is mostly about you. in the eyes of the league, and perhaps, the public, this could be a redeeming moment."

there is little that changes in her gaze save for the slightest signs of fatigue. the fading of caffeine in the system, perhaps, or tint of exasperation built from attrition.

"i already have a team of bodyguards, balder." dahlia says. "any head of state has an intelligence service, security. it's the norm." she shakes her head at the next question. "i can't tell you yet— but i will be sending a summons to you about the contract. i can debrief you a little bit before, after further details have been finalized."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 5:45:20 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"The public knows my stance. They know I stand for Hoenn, they've seen me work all of these months... At least, the folks of Lavaridge, Slateport, Dewford and Sootopolis knows. And officially... Didn't you send me an Endorsement? Doesn't that mean that at least League's stance has shifted towards me?"[break][break]

His point wasn't even to shoot down her offer. He was intrigued by it. But she wasn't giving him any fuel to accept her offer. The man rubbed the bridge of his nose and between his eyes. "Look Dahlia, I want to trust you. I'm fine with working with the League again. But if we are to work together, we need to be honest with each other, to be willing to share information."[break][break]

Balder sighed, then looked at her, the fatigue of the recent events slowly catching up to him. "Are you able to provide me with any information at all? Like how you plan to rescue Solgaleo and how? About the Aqua Initiative? What my Bodyguard contract would entail and my position in all this? Anything that would make me trust you and want to work with you at all?"

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 6:45:12 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "the public's stance is widely varied, balder."

dahlia does not draw solely from her own experience. anecdotes from her colleagues, the records of mentors and role models growing up, all of their testimonies come together to paint the public as ruthless. quick to voice opinion without the diaphragm.

"in politics, no matter how much good you do, there will always be detractors. the endorsement is certainly an effort to validate your work— but is also a precursor to this meeting. without that endorsement, this would have never happened."

she shrugs.

"honesty is important, of course. i have not lied since you've entered this room." dahlia says. "for matters surrounding solgaleo, we found a new power source that can allow us to open ultra wormholes again. further tracking has discovered a wavelength across the ultra plane that is similar to the energy solgaleo exudes— and the energy that is present within you."

her eyes search deep.

"everything else, aqua initiative and bodyguard contracts will come in time once they are finalized. of course, you don't need to agree with all of this right now. you have time, and i'd rather not dump tomes of legalese on this itty bitty table."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 3:02:42 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

She wasn't wrong on the way the public acted. It was true that they had a tendency to quickly change opinion and that they could be ruthless at times. And that hate was always present, no matter how much good or the amount of beneficial actions to the populace you do. For all he knew, maybe he only had the support of Lavaridge because he was living with Stormy (At the time).[break][break]

The politician began to explain the matters surrounding Solgaleo. A new power source? One that could open wormholes and even match Solgaleo's wavelength? That was... intriguing. So there was a way to locate the Sun Lion to begin with, which meant having a portal right into the dimension it was at should be possible.[break][break]

Obviously though, that was the only piece of information that he would get from this meeting, as she was unable to provide anything else at the moment. "Still not finished" she says... Well, the fact he had acquired the prior information was already a good start. The man proceeded to plunge his hand in his pocket. "Well in that case..."[break][break]

Balder proceeded to place his hand onto the table, dropping something before moving it, revealing the Totem Badge. "Consider this as a token of my temporary acceptance. I'll work for you, and we'll settle the contracts after the Aqua Initiative stuff gets settled. How does that sound? And I'll retrive my badge once we have completed all the documents."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 4:24:00 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "that's fine by me, balder."

on the table, the totem badge lays as a relic. the region has seen no rest. seats shift. victories only last for so long, for one can win one day and lose the next. dahlia hides dark circles. aged tree rings.

"whether you retrieve your badge or not is of no consequence to me, however." dahlia says. "but as a symbolic gesture, i'll keep it safe and sound. best face forward from now on, schwartz." her fingers swipe by the sides of her lips.

she smiles.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 6:26:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: