[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

Following the relief efforts of the war, helping the cities get back on their feet and returning home to rest, Balder had received a latter from a Pelipper, waiting at Stormy's house. A letter inviting him to come to Evergrande, a meeting with the Commissioner herself: Dahlia Goode. "Guess it's time to settle this huh." were the only words he could say when he finished reading everything.[break][break]

After finding the best outfit he could get for this situation, the man summoned his Alakazam and teleported right in front of the League's headquarters. It was only the third time he had come to this location, the first to provide information on the invaders and the second time to stop one of said invasive creatures from destroying the location.[break][break]

Calling his Alakazam back into his pokeball, the Alolan man walked into the place, hands in his pockets as his coat wavered behind him. Reaching the counter, the man displayed his business smile to the receptionist. "Good Afternoon young lady, I have received an invitation from Ms. Goode and was told to come at my earliest convenience. Would you be so kind as to inform her of my arrival and direct me to the proper room?" He might be crude at times, punch others randomly, but he still knew proper etiquette.

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 0:21:32 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia has a habit of hovering around nervously before meetings, appointments. little desk work can be done once the clock hits ten minutes prior. perhaps, it is a good thing, she assures herself. a good thing to allow her to transition from one bullet point to the next. to arrive with full breath and full attention.

then again, today's meeting is not scheduled. rather, it's quite impromptu. "at your earliest convenience," she had wrote.

still, she's quick to be notified when the man arrives.

hearing balder's voice, she bursts through some doors, their glass frames shaking as she greets balder with a brandished hand.

"no need for that. i'm here!" she's dressed in her usual attire. whites, black heels, a practiced smile. "just through here." the commissioner holds the door open for him, which leads into a corridor connected to several office rooms. "would you like anything?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 6:56:17 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Dahlia's entrance, by opening the glass doors and stating her presence with a loud voice, startled the alolan man that had come to meet her. It was almost as if she had been expecting his arrival today. A sort of sixth sense for this kind of meeting? Still, Balder recovered his composure and proceeded to follow the businesswoman.[break][break]

The man nodded and said a small "Thank you" at the lady for holding the door, and proceeded to go through the office corridors forming the headquarters of the League alongside Dahlia. She then proceeded to ask if he wanted to have anything. "Hmm.... What about a glass of Rhum in that case?"[break][break]

The man chuckled. "Don't worry, I jest. I'll simply take some water once we reach the location for our meeting. Although if we are going to spend a while discussing, maybe we'll need to order some food too."

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 23:25:01 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 the joke does not land. at least, to dahlia. she stands, stunned briefly, as if trying to construe some polite way of saying that it would be uncouth— but the chuckling and admission that pours afterward is enough to loosen her shoulders.

"i don't believe it'll take too long." dahlia says. "i don't want to keep you for long, that is. you must be busy."

she leads him into a wider office space by the end of the hall. it opens up into a large room that faces evergrande city. with wide glass walls on one end of the room. two leather seats flank a small coffee table; there, already, coffee and iced lemon water sit in metal and clear urns for self-service. glass cups wait beside them.

"take a seat." dahlia says, gesturing to one of the leathers. she takes her seat, smoothing her pencil skirt under herself as she descends.

a thin finger reaches over to dispense icy water into balder's clear cup.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 6:42:50 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

From the corner of his eyes, the man noticed the effect of his words on the lady as she stayed stunned briefly in the hallway. She had taken this more seriously then the Alolan man expected. Was she not aware of the fact he usually consumes alcohol, more then the norm at least? Not event after that Halloween party a year ago, where he had consumed the content of a whole barrel in her presence (I think she was there at that time)?[break][break]

Still, Balder disregarded her reaction and listened to her words as she caught up. The man chuckled again at her mention of being busy. "If anything, being jobless actually gives me more free time then I can use. So we can take as long as we need." His only job, if that could be called one, was making sure that Stormy was eating properly and resting properly.[break][break]

Reaching the end of the hallway, they entered a wide office with a view on the city. The man approached the windows briefly, observing the location from afar before being invited to take a seat. The Alolan man nodded as he proceeded to sit on the leather chair she was gesturing towards. Once he was seated, he took the glass of water in his hand and proceeded to take a sip.[break][break]

After tasting the lemon water, the man placed the glass on the table and looked at the commissioner. "Thanks for filling the glass. Now... Shall we go right in the subject? Might I know why I've been summoned? Because I doubt it's related to the previous meeting where I barged in somewhat uninvited." The conference before the war. He had showed up with information on the Megalopolans, by the request of Orion. But it wouldn't be on that subject right?

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 7:55:25 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia takes her glass. painted nails grace its sides as she lifts it to her lips. when she drinks, the water pours a little more than expected causing her to jolt for a napkin after.

"sorry!" she laughs, setting the glass down. "well, the situation was dire. a little bit of drama is to be expected." dahlia says in reference to balder's past interruption.

she crosses her legs, her shoe bobbing to some imagined rhythm.

"i just have some questions." dahlia folds her napkin neatly into a small square. "you weren't on good terms with the league last time i checked. how about now?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 20:45:32 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Why was she apologizing for that event? It's not like she had planned him coming over since it was a last minute invitation from Orion. Unless... She had expected it? Or even asked the council member about inviting him? If she had really planned his intervention... then Dahlia was a lot more dangerous then he thought.[break][break]

Then, the core of the meeting was brought: his view on league. With everything that Olivia had done during the New Year raid and some events prior to this, adding to the actions that league had done following that... It's hard to view them as a positive force in Hoenn. Their incompetence showed multiple times, even during the war. Hell, two targets for capture had been snatched under their nose and no one batted an eye at it.[break][break]

"I'll be honest here Dahlia." No more business speech. He had to say it as he thought it. "The fact that Olivia is not part of the council anymore, unsupported by the League, does help me view the League in a better light. Her actions had been incredibly dubious during the New year, throwing bombs at people and selecting flawed paths during the carnage, and I can't even imagine what she did in the council room prior and after these events. Wouldn't even be surprised if she had used my departure to further her own agenda and pin more blame on my back."[break][break]

After all, everyone knew that Balder could be slightly volatile after that night. It's easy to use that to push something forward on the pretense that "this man is dangerous". But if anything, Orion and Fernando had seen how he was after all of this, surely they would be able to vouch for his attitude and how he was.[break][break]

"However, that doesn't mean the League is free from any doubt I got on them. I heard of the events of Littleroot, with the tree. Plus the events of this war. Hell, there was even a fucking kid on the battlefield. A child! How the fuck am I supposed to think the League is the right organization for the job if they allow just any kids to fight in a war?!"[break][break]

In the end, the kid named was alive and he had fought well, but there was still issues to be had here. "That's not to add the disappearance of Jules and Velmos. The former got snatched in front of me, where I couldn't do shit due to the smoke and how silent the kidnapping was. I'm willing to bet that this was the work of Rocket, that they're not as dead as it's announced."[break][break]

"So, yeah I do think League is a bit better then before. But there's a shitton of work to do to make it as good as it should be. And a criminal organization to destroy once and for all to avoid further issues too." As he mentioned Rocket, the man's fists were tightened. He wanted them gone, to never return, and be able to ascertain the fate of his family.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 10:25:39 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "do you actually believe we purposefully deployed children to the warfronts?" dahlia sets her napkin on the table. its tight fold releases, causing one face to rise lazily. "and should rocket's hoennian presence still exist, why would they want to 'kidnap' a megalopolan?"

the commissioner remains still. her earlier apology about her clumsy drinking calcifies into pointed questions. skepticism and curiosity refines the posture and steels the gaze, for all of her focus shines its harsh light on balder schwartz.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 6:36:40 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"... For once, that idea didn't cross my mind so thank you for making me consider this option." Balder softly facepalmed, closing his eyes and releasing a sigh. "No, what I meant about the kids being there is that they had somehow slipped in. And no one from the league, be it Rangers or the fighters, thought it wise to get them away from the battlefield."[break][break]

The alolan man moved his hand back to the glass of water and proceeded to drink some more before releasing a satisfying sigh. The commissioner then proceeded to ask the reason as to why they would kidnap the megalopolans. Balder's face turned grim. "You say that as if you believed they had really disbanded. There are too many odd happenings around here to say they have truly vanished, but let's ignore that fact for now."[break][break]

The man proceeded to straighten his back before raising a hand, showing the number 3 with his fingers. "3 Reasons. First, Jules' knowledge. I believe he was a scientist prior to his arrest? The fact that he is also a megalopolan also means he has a high level of knowledge to back him up. There was also no way for him to escape at the time without outside help, as he was watching his girlfriend get blown up sky-high by Remiel."[break][break]

One finger goes down. "Second, you saw the footage I brought at the meeting in September. You saw their buildings, materials, technology. While they were on a decline, their civilization was clearly more advanced then ours. Getting access to these resources, in any shape or form, would provide a substantial advantage. Oh and the technology to do warp holes. Can't forget that."[break][break]

Now, one finger remains. "My last point is regarding Velmos. Without considering how terrifying the man can be, his leadership and knowledge, he holds something extremely powerful..." The man released a heavy sigh as his arms went down to his sides and his expression grew even more grim. "Solgaleo. As well as my avatar powers. I didn't show that footage and this information wasn't disclosed for obvious reasons, but they got Leo. And my link to him is broken, so I don't have anything backing me up anymore."[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 0:24:09 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "no one from the league?" dahlia's lips hone themselves sharp. "then why didn't you take them away from the field yourself?"

a cold droplet slides down an urn's surface. slowly, but surely, it amasses enough weight to join the pool within.

"in running a battlefield and in running a region, balder," dahlia says, "one can not account for every little thing. should rocket still exist, then we'll tackle the issue should it arise while preparing simultaneously for the possibility."

dahlia retrieves her glass and siphons a small sip.

"i am so sorry to hear about solgaleo." she frowns. "after such a loss and everything that has happened, at least you're still here. do you miss it?"

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 4:43:05 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"Why didn't I? Guzzlord. And Megalopolans. I needed answers, to search and find out about Leo. And to stop a rampaging calamity from reaching the city for obvious reason. I did make it vocal enough that he shouldn't be there and asked some rangers or officers to take him home." Not like it was his duty to carry the kid out of the battle field. But avoiding another situation similar to the Kanjoh Wars, or an abandoned child in a Chasm like Felicity in Unova, was what he wanted. And defeating the enemy quickly was the best option for such a goal.[break][break]

Her reaction to his theory about Rocket made the man sigh. It seemed like she was dismissing the threat, judging them as being one of the little things. Clearly she wasn't considering them a problem, even though Kanto had fallen to that team. While she was right on the fact it's impossible to account for every little things, Team Rocket had clearly proven they were far from that. Nonetheless, there was no point in arguing further on that part. [break][break]

Dahlia's reaction to the loss of Solgaleo made him raise an eyebrow. Was it inconveniencing her, which is why she was frowning? Putting a blockage in her plans? Hard to tell. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you're about to ask me to join the league again or offer me a job." Balder proceeded to finish his glass before starting to refill it. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss some of it. Showing the trainers what they needed for their journey, supporting Slateport, living the fun life with Leo and all of my team in that tower I had modified... Yeah, I miss those times. But I can't go back to those anymore. I can't forget my goal anymore."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 4:55:09 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "perhaps." dahlia says, in response to balder's assumptions for hiring. "but if that were the case, i'd have to reconsider."

she swirls her fingertip inside the cup, her painted nail like a swimming fin. after, dahlia dabs her finger against her folded napkin, which relaxes flat.

"balder, you can not criticize the league and exempt yourself at the same time. why didn't you? why didn't the league? guzzlord. the megalopolans."

dahlia leans forth with her elbows on her knees. like blades, her fingers curl and fan out underneath her chin.

"it was war." the commissioner says. "if you're on the battlefield, it might have been too late. after all, mauville was the site of a sudden attack." she hums with a sigh. "anyhoo, it's noble of you to try and move on— but i heard from a little birdie that you've been carrying that past within you for some time."

everyone in that war room had been scathed by special eyes, after all.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 5:20:55 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Carrying that past? What does she mean? Was Dahlia talking about the fact that he had been depressed ever since he had lost Solgaleo and was on the run? Or... was it...? "Unless you're talking about my crippling depression ever since then, I can tell you that birdie was wrong. I don't have my powers anymore." Who could've told her about those? Was it at the meeting? Or someone he met before that?[break][break]

Yet... He needed to prove it to her, that his powers were gone. Balder sighed, then proceeded to bite upon his left hand until blood emerged from where he struck. He then took a napkin, gently placing it under his hand. "I believe you're aware that my old powers allowed me steel-like durability at all times, as well as the potential to emit light. The Steel Skin ability, as I call it, couldn't be turned off at any times. Always active."[break][break]

After letting her see the wound and the blood, Balder wrapped his hand with a few more napkins. "I have no idea how they could've learned that or who it was, nor do I really care. The reality remains as I've just shown. I'm powerless now. No links to the Sun's Envoy." The man man sighed as he place his wounded hand in his lap. "Would it have changed anything though, if I still had them?

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 7:20:25 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 bereft of all power, or how so he believes. the blood that leaks from balder's flesh causes her to wince. however, the admission of grief is more powerful, forcing her frown deeper.

"well, perhaps it is dormant. recovering." dahlia says softly. "after you take more time to heal, maybe they'll come back."

her elbows press more firmly onto her legs. surely, the skin underneath them would flush pink.

"no. but what if i said we could try and get them back? everything back."

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
The redemption arc [C]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2021 21:03:38 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

If these powers were truly dormant... What would be required in order to awaken them? To be placed in extreme danger? To need to light a cave? To shine a ray of hope? Or... Could it be the dreaded method of believing in oneself?! If her words were true and he truly held his previous powers within himself, it was worth investigating.[break][break]

Then, the commissioner continued with a sentence that caught the man's interest. Balder leaned back into his seat, analyzing Dahlia. Did she have a plan of sort? "I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious about that idea. Do you have something in mind? Because I doubt you would say that without having planned something in consequence."