tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Like the legend of the phoenix [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 6:32:08 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
 It’s December again and yuletide blessings approach once more for Hoenn. There are merry cheers as everyone’s gathered together for festivals and sort, leaving people in pairs galore.

Hendrix quietly laments for having joined, feeling somewhat naked without his suit, but his experience as an officer has taught him the necessity of being undercover and gathering information. He can’t shake the feeling of slight danger as if he were caught in the eye of a storm; however, he expertly hides his anxiety well as he stares across the table at his ‘partner’.

”So are you here for good fun, or to get lucky?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
Hit fast, strike hard, but show mercy when they surrender.
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 8:27:38 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
Andrea was here for fun. And shenanigans, of course. After hearing that Rikiya had signed up—maybe it was fate that they didn’t meet this first round. Either way…

Looking at the piece of paper she had with her, she wandered around the venue looking for wherever the heck table #23 was. After accidentally bumping into other tables, she finally found the location she was looking for—

And wasn’t expecting to run into someone familiar. Well, not the martial artist familiar, but someone from work! Although, she was from the Alola branch and not…

“Remind me again… you’re not from the Kalos branch of the International Police, right?” she asked as she sat herself down on the other chair before sneaking a look at the card again.

“…Hendrix?” she confirmed.

+
+ why hello there owo

[newclass=".wizzsl b"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl i"] color:#ce3dbc;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 8:44:07 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
 The ex-Interpol officer raises a brow upon hearing his name, having not expected for someone to openly recognize him, but looking across from the table, he manages to spot the red-haired woman trying to sneak a glance at the card. He smiles somewhat awkwardly as she mentions the International Police.

”Not exactly, but I’ve been to the branch a few times to help train and demo some of the new tools that you might’ve used.” he responds much more curtly than before, trying to avoid the fact that he’s actually left the organization on bad terms.

He casually glances down at the card before leaning in, resting his elbow against the table and his head against his hand. ”Andrea, right? I’m surprised you’re in Hoenn since, you know, you’re from the Kalos branch.”

---
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 12:31:05 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“Oh, no, I’m not from the Kalos branch,” she clarified, chuckling. “Alola, actually. Kind of fit, considering I spent a considerable amount of time there. My brother went to the Unova branch… well, he worked there until recently,” she added as she wiggled and settled down.

“Let’s just say they sent me here on a long-term assignment, still on-going,” she added a few moments later. “So… what’ve you been up to these days? Still bring all ‘Gadget Boy’ in the labs?”

Or maybe there was something she’d missed and had forgotten? Either way, she was surprised that most of the Hoenn branch was either undercover or pretending it didn’t fucking exist, so she was kind of left high and dry at the moment.

“Or have you been chasing other interests lately?”

+
+ :eyes:

[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 9:12:33 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
 Hendrix can feel warmth washing over his face. His cheeks flush red from embarrassment as he meekly restates the woman’s words. ”Alola, right, Alola.”

The awkward tension between the two is discomforting as the ex-officer turned vigilante fidgets about, only nodding at the mention of her brother. The term ‘Gadget Boy’ only worsens his anxiety. He slips his hand underneath the table, invisibly balling his hand into a fist.

Beneath the table, the veins on his hands nearly pop with how tight his grip is. He masks his anger well beneath false nervousness as he forcefully chuckles. ”You could say that. I’ve certainly been busy messing around with my projects.”

His relationship with the International Police did sour, after all and his departure being anything but mutual.

He intakes a deep breath, exhaling loudly to calm his nerves. His hand touches against the edge of the table, pushing his body away to lean against the chair. ”I’ve actually been busy, volunteering and helping with Hoenn’s restoration.”

---
close tab

played by

Ven

Andie
she / her / hers
twenty-four
october 31
Shalour, Kalos
demiromantic
wandering martial artist
cadet
awards
102 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andrea
Andrea Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 16:25:56 GMT
Andrea Benoit Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
“Same here,” she nodded.

Truthfully, she’d heard a lot about what had happened over the past several months, and it was quite frankly a mess. What with so many Pokémon being poisoned, nature getting contaminated, and to top it all off—blue-skinned people coming out into the open and trying to take over the entire place?

Everyone had their hands full, alright.

“I was helping with taking care of kids during the outbreak,” she admitted. “I don’t have too many in the way of Pokémon, so I volunteered to keep an eye on the kids instead while their parents were away fighting on the front lines.”

Of course, she didn’t want to add on to the fact that she was at an orphanage, and shit, the number of kids turning up there during the war was—rather alarming, to say the least.

+
+ :eyes:

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 23:47:55 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
 After the woman across from him concludes her brief story, Hendrix lets out a solemn sigh before his lips curl slightly upwards to a pained smile. ”Sounds like Hoenn’s in a pretty fucked up state.”

He digs into his pocket, pulling out a packet of cigarettes. With a couple of taps against his palm, he manages to shake one free and places it against his lips.

Staring across the table, he pulls out a lighter and with a flick a single spark of ember can be seen hovering from it. Just as he’s about to light it, he suddenly clicks the lid back over as he gently taps his forehead with his palm. ”Shoot, that’s right! This is a no smoking zone.”

The former officer fumbles onto his feet as he glances back at Andrea. ”Well, I’m going to head off to grab a smoke. It was good chatting with you again. Hit me up some time, yeah?”

He whips out a business card from his wallet and slides it against the table. Hendrix Emmerson – Head Engineer of the Institute of Evol.

---