thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 8:02:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
'Patrick Cavalli' occupies his seat with an air of casual indifference, gaze on his phone as he finalizes the donation he'd made to the event. He was not as wealthy as some of the big-name donators, but the not-inconsiderable sum he'd put forward to the cause was bound to reflect positively upon the rising public figure that was Cavalli.

Its the crunch of artifical snow underfoot that draws his attention away from the screen, the phone's pale glow glinting off his glasses.

"Ah, I wasn't expecting to see you here, Oz." His smile is brief, but far less predatory than the Rocket Beast would normally witness. "Enjoying the party, or hoping to get lucky?"

[break]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 3:08:09 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar didn't know why he was here. Maybe he just needed to get his mind off the pressures of running a business, or more likely he was trying to drum up some more good publicity by providing a hefty donation for the event. Either way being here felt hollow. What was he thinking, to meet prince charming? I mean it was possible, you never knew with this kind of rom-com shit. Or maybe it will just be loser after loser, that seemed like more his luck. Oscar was dreading his first matchup, until the moment he saw who it was.

"No fuckin' way." A smile grew onto Oscar's face, if he was stuck here at least he could start off talking to a friend. Oscar approached the table, trying desperately to remember Gavin's civilian name. He was told it once, was it Robert? No no it started with a P. Patterson--no. Potter--no. Perry--no. Oh shit he was coming up to the table. Oh shit he was sitting down. OH SHIT GAVIN WAS TALKING TO HIM THINK FAST!

"I feel like hell froze, never thought I'd seeeeeeee--Patrick!" Oscar suddenly looked elated, which must have been strange not knowing the context of his earlier inner dilemma. Oscar quickly remembered himself, "Uh um, never thought I'd see you in a casual setting. Me, I'm just here to make MGH look good. Did you bring Emma?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 4:00:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I wish it would freeze over," Gavin drawls. "All this snow and it's still too damn hot."

He tilts his head at Oscar's elation, curious but choosing not to question it. At mention of Emma, he glances around but doesn't spot his dark-haired belle. "She's here somewhere. I'm here for similar reasons; couldn't pass up the chance to donate to a good cause."

Though the words sound selfless, there's a glint in Gavin's gaze far more akin to the Rocket underboss than Patrick Cavalli.

[break]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 16:57:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar eyed 'Patrick' coyly, "Ah yes, your generosity is staggering." Oscar chuckled lightly, a playful poke to the fact that they both know they're here not out of the kindness of their hearts. Oscar decided to keep the playful jabs at a minimum, as friendly as he was with Gavin he didn't want to earn his ire by accidentally saying something he shouldn't.

However that did leave Oscar with a problem: he had no idea what to talk about. This was the first time he hung out with Gavin casually, he wasn't sure what to say. Eventually he decided to wing it, and hope that he didn't come off as awkward. 

"So ummmm--" Oscar rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, it was no doubt unusual to see the normally abrasive Rocket so sheepish. "Seen any good movies lately? I mean I actually don't know if you're a movie guy but if you are I'd love to talk about them--and such." Oscar's face was turning red, and the realization of that caused them to turn redder. This wasn't going well.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 16:26:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's expression reflects amusement as Oscar fumbles over his words. They'd not interacted outside of 'work' and it showed in the other's vain attempts to act casual.

"I'm not," he says of movies, surveying the other with his head canted to the side, "and I haven't. I didn't realise you were; that a hobby of yours, or is this your equivalent of talking about the weather?"

He's teasing, amber eyes twinkling with mirth.
[break]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 20:18:33 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar flexed his face in a vain attempt to hide his blushing cheeks. "Yeah well um, I find movies interesting I suppose. I really like bad sci-fi, you know shlocky shit with bad special effects and stilted dialogue. It's weirdly fascinating. What um, what are you into anywho? What does 'Patrick' do in his free time?"

Oscar leaned in a bit, he was very interested in knowing how exactly Gavin spent his time off. He had only seen Gavin work, so he half-assumed that Gavin never did anything resembling a hobby at all. Knowing how Gavin spent his open hours would be a step closer to understanding him as a human being instead of purely a scary-although relatable-Rocket Boss.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 22:40:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Patrick does whatever he can to maintain his image." Gavin gestures lazily around him. That's why he was here, and not at home. "If you want to know what I do..."

He pauses for a moment, considers between giving a non-answer or an authentic one. What Oscar gets is something in between.

"I was a scientist, if you recall. I study. I learn." He is a sponge for the sort of knowledge man wasn't meant to have. Lugia lingers in the back of his thoughts. His canines flash in a sharp-edged smile. "What do you picture me doing?"

[break]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 1:05:44 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar leaned back in his chair, considering his answer carefully. He had honestly seen Gavin being a scholar type, but didn't wanna make any cliché presumptions. So his previous guess was: "I dunno, I always thought you were a secret adrenaline junky. Like, in your down time you like to hike and skydive or some shit. I could totally see you doing that."

Oscar chuckled at the thought now, it was pretty ridiculous now that he had said it aloud. Oscar cocked an eyebrow, deciding to turn the tables on the admin. "What do you think I do for fun?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 9:37:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Oscar laughs, but Gavin looks almost impressed. Most assumed he was a typical nerd that didn't spend much of his personal time outside of a laboratory, but there was more to Gavin than his intelligence. "You know, I've never been sky-diving, but I've always wanted to. I do enjoy a good adrenaline spike."

He does, in fact, enjoy hiking around Meteor Falls.

The question is turned around on him, and Gavin looks amused. He puts some brief though into it but shrugs, aware that they're running out of time before they've got to swap spots. "Fight club?" he guesses, smirking. "I bet you'd love beating people up for fun."

A bell chimes to let them know their time is up, and he sighs. "Back to pretending, I suppose."

[break]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
no different [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 3:11:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar frowned at Gavin's suggestion. Not that it was bad, it just brought back bad memories. Oscar's gaze went through Gavin as his mind hung on the past. "Yeah--a while ago I did actually." His words were distant, as if he was speaking them while sleep walking.

Oscar was so lost in melancholy that he nearly missed the bell. Gavin said farewell, and gave him a pained smile. "Until next time, Patrick." Oscar stayed in his seat for a while before getting up. Suddenly speed dating had lost its appeal.