head cold [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 1:35:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-riv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission: krampus cravings (ee)

[attr=class,lyric1]
a little less conversation and a little

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
This was about to be a serious case of 'right place, right time' in terms of rescue and rehabilitation. The tables had turned this stormy evening, and River was about to stumble upon a familiar young man that had, only a week prior, rescued him. Talk about nutty.[break][break]

It's uncharacteristically snowy and blowy out, and the blizzard that tore through the area forced him to take shelter inside the mouth of Shoal Cave. The whole situation totally sucked because it was super cold and damp inside, but even colder and nastier outside.[break][break]

Except, when he does take shelter and takes a seat to press his head against the wall, he notices something amiss. There's a moaning or groaning coming from further inside, and when he tilts his ear to listen harder, the Jolteon with him seems to grow more agitated as well.[break][break]

"What is it, buddy? Do you hear something too?"[break][break]

From his jacket pops the yellow head of a Luxio, who murps loudly in protest. Despite despising the cold, she definitely doesn't like being contained, either. One look at the cold stone make her think twice, however.[break][break]

With a groan himself, River pulls himself to his feet and starts following his Jolteon. Little did he know, he was walking right into a death sentence - if he wasn't careful.[break][break]

[break]

notes: krampus cravings mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rivcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentbg"]background: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentborder"]border-color: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a, .punkianger-riv .bulk b, .punkianger-riv .bulk i, .punkianger-rivcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/3h53g8G/river-post2.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #323232; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 21:06:59 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The world spun as Oscar's eyes fluttered open. His head throbbed as he tried to gather his bearings, yet he found himself unusually dazed. In fact, it would seem impossible to move, let alone realize what was happening. A few more rotations caused Oscar's vison to finally straighten, revealing his frightening circumstances. It would seem that he was hanging upside down, buried up to his calves in solid ice.

The cave he hung in had no light, and yet he found everything to be uncomfortably bright thanks to the snow. His head shuddered with a mix of pain and rushing blood, and he found trying to remember how he had gotten here just worsened his discomfort. That perhaps can be reflected upon later, though from the state of his torn suit he could tell that he had quite an adventure.

Naturally Oscar didn't realize how much danger he was in until he heard a growl from deeper within the cavern. Something was stirring down the winding corridor in front of him--something large and angry. Oscar began to reach for his belt, only to find it lacking any pokeballs. Fuck. He began to desperately claw at the ice, making too little progress as a massive shadow came into view down the corridor. If he didn't find away out, it would seem this would be the end of the Rocket Beast.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 5:28:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
"Do you smell that? Smells like about fifty things died down here. Rank."[break][break]

He pins his pointer finger and thumb against the bridge of his nose in an attempt to block out the horrific smell of festering bodies long since devoured, torn apart, ravaged. These images flood through River's mind the entire time he pursues his excited Jolteon, his face pressed in an unimpressed look of pain and panic. [break][break]

"Yo... this is not a good idea in the least, Jolt. Like seriously, man, who walks into a cave smelling of rotting bodies and goes 'let's explore!'"[break][break]

River shudders, gripping his arms in a self-hug. [break][break]

And then he passes what looks, at first, like a cave full of unassuming icicles, the size of men. No big deal. But then he notices that it's moving, and icicles just don't do that, alright?[break][break]

"Wait, shit, what the fuck?"[break][break]

He stops short, heart hammering. One quick glance over his shoulder provides him no sense of calm. Does he hear footsteps? Groaning? Or ist hat the man in the ice. Or is that him hyperventilating? Is he having a panic attack? [break][break]

"Shit, fuck. Oh my God, dude."[break][break]

But then he's running to grab the guy, and with the help of his Jolteon, they manage to break him free of his icicle prison. The likely scenario, however, as much as River would like to think that he's strong enough to carry another human being bridal style, is that they both land in a heap on top of each other.[break][break]

"Oh god, dude, you're so heavy."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a, .punkianger-riv .bulk b, .punkianger-riv .bulk i, .punkianger-rivcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/3h53g8G/river-post2.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #323232; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 1:00:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The growl grew as whatever hid deeper within the carven grew closer. The deformed shadow was ghastly, and filled Oscar with a sense of existential dread. It was likely the same feeling prey felt as a predator loomed over them. The ice would not give way, but Oscar was too stubborn to just let himself die. He kept clawing at the ice, his fingers becoming red and raw. When his arm strength finally gave out, he saw the glimpse of some sort of lanky creature before falling to the ground.

Whatever Oscar had fell on informed him that he was quite heavy, and as he adjusted his positioning he found himself to be on top of a familiar face. Oscar quickly realized how this looked and rolled off of the man. Oscar stood up slowly, his legs shaking as it tried to hold him up. Oscar began to rub his head, "I think maybe it's your lack of muscles. Hello again, River.

This was a fun table-turn; the last time Oscar saw the young River he acted as the savoir, and now Oscar was the saved. That's the kind of twist of fate that ends up in record books. Oscar cracked his back, laughing to himself as he remembered his previous panic, "I thought you were a monster dude, freaked me the fuck out." It was clear that Oscar was relieved, no matter how much he tried to hide it. 

Yet before he could suggest getting the fuck out of this scary cavern, Oscar heard that same growl from before. Oscar froze, looking to River as if expecting the boy to reveal it was him making the noise. No such luck. The growl sounded off once more, and it was only from an upright position that Oscar could figure out where it was coming from.

He looked to the far wall, where his back had been to during his time upside down. His shoulders sank as what appeared to be a large pile of snow and debris rose. The snow fell away, revealing needle like fur. The beast turned toward them, revealing itself to be a full-sized Abomasnow. The monster let out a roar, shaking the save as its fury brought a chill to the air. Oscar sheepishly looked to River, "I suppose now isn't a good time to mention that I have no pokemon."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 22:19:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
"Did I ask? These 'lack of muscles' are about to save your ass."[break][break]

He grunts, making a big show of lifting the man's arm over his shoulder, holding onto his wrist to keep him upright. His other arm wraps around his waist and he hurriedly tries to shuffle them both out of the way. Just as they do, the rest of the ice cocoon comes smashing down. It makes an ungodly loud noise and he cringes so hard his teeth grind.[break][break]

"Oh fuck, that isn't good. You think he heard that?"[break][break]

The creature definitely heard that.[break][break]

Oscar moves to crack his back, and the sound is magnified by the growl that raises the hair at the back of his neck. River's already pale complexion pale further, eyes widen, as he stares over Oscar's shoulder to look at the moving mound of ice and snow. He can see green needles poking through as the rumbling grows louder. [break][break]

"You've gotta be kidding me.. Oscar how did you end up in this mess? Who'd you piss off?"[break][break]

And his face contorts into a look of irritated horror when Oscar mentions that he has no Pokemon. [break][break]

"What the fuck?"[break][break]

He fumbles for his own stash of pokeballs, launching both his Luxio and his Pyukumuku. They land on the ice, skidding into action alongside the Jolteon. [break][break]

"Knock that thing out! Or.. or something!"[break][break]

And then he reaches for Oscar's hand to pull him toward the exit as fast as they can.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 3:39:16 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
How'd he end up in this mess? That was a loaded question. There were flashes, brief images of him doing stuff, but none of it connected. Every time he focused on trying to remember something, his head would ache horribly. His mouth felt so dry, like he hadn't had any water for--Oscar's eyes widened. 

"Oh that's right, I was--" Oscar was interrupted by River grabbing his hand, throwing him off balance as he was pulled forward. Oscar stumbled as he followed along, trying his hardest not to panic as the battle raged behind them. As they turned the corner and exited the lair proper, Oscar caught something glimmering in the snow. He swept up the object with his free hand as they passed, and he was downright  awestruck to see that it was a pokeball. As he opened it, he hoped to whatever poke-deity that was watching that the ball was his.

Out of the ball came Grievous the blaziken, luck was somehow on his side tonight. Grievous looked downright pissed to see his master dragged off, but Oscar was quick to redirect him before he got any funny ideas about attacking River. "No no I'm fine! Go in the room there's aaaa--I don't know, monster to fight." With that Oscar and River disappeared deeper into the cave, and Grievous decided to check in on the commotion happening in the room his master had indicated. 

There was a fierce brawl taking place in there, with three pokemon facing a gigantic abamasnow. Grievous had to assume that was the monster, none of the other pokemon were exactly intimidating. He cracked his neck and knuckles, watching for an opportunity to join the fray. When the opportunity appeared, he dashed in to deliver a Blaze Kick to the snowy abomination. 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 5:46:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
When Oscar stumbles forward, River's hand shifts from wrapped around Oscar's, to tugging at his elbow instead. He has a vice-grip, fueled by fear and adrenaline. He doesn't stop moving, not even if Oscar falls. He just assumes he's dragging the guy.[break][break]

But it appears that the sudden jolt he feels when Oscar drops isn't because he fell, but because he was scooping for a pokeball. Surprise is mirrored in River's eyes, too, at the discovery.[break][break]

Jolteon and Luxio both bolt out of the cave like bats out of hell, fur standing on end as the lumbering giant comes barrelling down at them.[break][break]

"We're dead, dude. Like totally, super fucking dead."[break][break]

Or so they thought, until Oscar's blazing Blaziken came in with a blaze kick to the Abomasnow's face. [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 18:40:35 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Have you seen a Ice/Grass type get hit with fire? It's honestly hysterical, what should be normal hit becomes an absolutely brutal blow. Grievous's Blaze Kick dug so hard into the Abomasnow's face that he swore he had dug into its head. As he retracted his leg, he saw that he wasn't far off. The Abomasnow's face was left smoldering, the smell of burnt wood wafting through the cave.

The beast reeled, its intimidating power meaning nothing when facing its greatest weakness. Grievous could have done something fancy to finish it off, but it really would not have been worth the effort. This was barely a fight. Grievous delivered one last Blaze Kick, the impact of which threw the Abomasnow to the ground. As smoke drifted up from its form, it would make no attempt to get up.

Grievous caught up with Oscar and River, looking very smug about his easy victory. Oscar scoffed at the haughty bird, "Don't look so pleased, a charmander could have beaten that thing." Grievous huffed, he seemed especially displeased with his master. Oscar furrowed his eyebrows, what was up with him? He decided to focus his attention on his savior instead, "Hey um--thanks for saving me. If you hadn't shown up..."

Oscar shuddered at the thought of dying in this icy hellhole, what an unglorified demise that would have been. When he couldn't stop shuddering, he only then realized how cold it was. "Fuck it's cold, let's get out of here."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:12:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
With an incredible groan, the Abomasnow teeters over like a Christmas tree laid waste by an axe. The Blaziken approaches not long after, smug and pompous in his aftermath. River glances between him and his trainer and the ego-deflating conversation shared between them. [break][break]

But then Oscar looks back at him, and River stares at him with a concerned knot of his eyebrows.[break][break]

"Bro, stop with the soppy shit. Let's just get out of here before Mrs. Abomasnow comes out to thump us."[break][break]

He lets go of the guy's arm and shoves his hands into his pockets. It's downright freezing, and when Oscar shudders, River does in tandem. His Luxio wastes no time leaping up onto his shoulder, burying her ice-cold feet in his neck. He scowls, but doesn't object.[break][break]

"It's stupid cold."[break][break]

But he wouldn't say much else as they made their way back to safety.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 15:27:20 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar considered River's reaction almost adorable, who knew he could be so easily embarrassed. Oscar smiled, taking a shakey step forward. Every one of his limbs ached to his bones, and it was very clear he was having trouble walking. Soon enough something pushed up Oscar's arm to provide him balance. It was Grievous, who despite his annoyance with his master's behavior could not bear to watch him struggle.

Grievous helped Oscar along, and Oscar eventually thought to ask him about the night before. "You wouldn't happen to know how I got here, would you?" Grievous made a drinking motion with his free claw, and suddenly it all came back to Oscar. The night before he went bar hopping with , and as usual their antics ended with him in deep shit. "Do you know if Skyler's safe?" 

Grievous shrugged, he was in his ball most of the night. Oscar furrowed his brow with concern. "We better go check in on her. After some coffee, of course.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,790 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
head cold [m]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 6:55:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: